MNL48 News and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'MNL48 News & Releases' started by MurasakiSora, Mar 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cyph

Cyph Kenkyuusei

Omg you're so cuteeeeeeeeee! Voted hehe ^^ Don't lose confidence I'm also on the verge of losing it but let's hold on tight! [hehe]

2. Coeli Mae

Coeli Mae Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Coeli :) It's not a special nickname, it's just my name. Lol.

Thank you po! It's my first time hearing that. Lots of love x

Thank you! Wow. Hearing that... I've voted you before Cesu right?

Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2017
  3. dunkindonato

dunkindonato Upcoming Girls

You are actually cute. 96 other people thought so too.

Sent from my SM-J100ML using Tapatalk

4. Cyph

Cyph Kenkyuusei

Yesss how did you know? :eek: omg Psychic HAHAHA! You're really cute don't lose confidence [hehe]

5. luccivalez

luccivalez Kenkyuusei

Dear pls. use english next time because this is an international forum.

6. Cyph

Cyph Kenkyuusei

February is coming. Any updates? [hehe]

7. ooioo

ooioo Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    yamashitaemiri
    February is coming. Winter is as well. There had been no updates yet. To be honest, let us be patient with the process. I may have lost a little faith in it but it is the process. They might surprise us in the end.

A little bit letting off of steam here. I did a small search on my twitter account about any MNL48 updates or tiny chit-chat about it and something caught my eye. I hate posting it here but let us, brace ourselves for the awful, rude, truth:

Original Post:
    https://twitter.com/LaeEnrich/status/824939233819254785

Post Reacting:
    https://twitter.com/itazurayubi/status/825226611108696065

I sincerely hope the search committee has junked off any online vote based rankings, hire a 3rd party firm, and scour all the applicants because, really, there's a lot of girls in the bottom of the rankings that just shines, and while I agree that AKB48 as a whole is a popularity contest, it is credibly based on the fact that the more money you have the more you'd push your liked member.

Even this kind of process just shows our culture to some degree.

ADDENDUM: I have a firm belief that they might incorporate a proper text vote kind of scheme for the next round of the auditions, to weed out the haves from the have-nots like, To Vote For This Girl, Type MNL48()MemberNumber()Number of Votes and send to 8888. Each Vote is Php 2.50.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
  8. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Oh wow......fat shaming people when it haven't even been decided that they'll join MNL48. I sincerely hope that the little girl doesn't see the post because it will truly be heartbreaking to see the girl lose self confidence due to this one hater.

On your idea of an alternative voting, while i do agree with the method, I don't think MNL should even have a popularity contest pre-debut (especially since it's among candidates) in the first place. If it was me, I would take the first couple of months to showcase all the members fairly and then have a mini SSK to see who'll do well and who'll not among fans.

9. ooioo

ooioo Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    yamashitaemiri
    I am against fat-shaming, but then again, these types can't be avoided.

Aside from getting rid of the vote system pre-debut they should've just kept the application process closed-door, but if they want to salvage what they have started, they could start their text vote-buying scheme as the next step in the process (and really, if you want to milk the cow for what it's worth.)

10. nokoru

nokoru Upcoming Girls

It's funny that some girls quit at this round and bad-mouth about MNL48.
    Hey girls, how can you dream about being an idol with those attitudes? :^^;:

11. Cyph

Cyph Kenkyuusei

I saw tweets like those before and I can't keep a blind eye about them. Well this issue can't be unseen for me, I actually replied to a tweet concerning this topic. Well. I suppose it is really strange reaching top 1 in a short period of time. But to bash her about this is wrong. I mean why not give her a chance anyway? Every girl in this competition/audition wants and deserves the spotlight but there are some who shine brighter than others. And about me mentioning "competition" Maybe, these people who bash feel like it's kinda unfair or something? These girls feel like this whole audition process is a competition because of this the like system that was first introduced. I'm not gonna blame them. I felt that too. Like 1 thousand?! So quick! And I came to accept the fact that if this Girl can reach 1000 then other girls can too. This audition won't be based by the likes anymore, so why be hurt by something like this. For me, all I can do is wait and see what these girls, who auditioned and will be chosen, can do. Yeah. And I think the vote-process is stilll... meh. But let's wait ;) and I really hate the fat-shaming :( PEOPLE! There are so many other activities you can do! Why shame people for who they are? I don't really see what's wrong about being fat but I see what's wrong with People's attitudes [hehe] My faith in MNL48 wont Subside! :p

12. Vivienne

Vivienne Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    odanana
    No, no.. I hope that doesn't happen. I'm going to be frank, but the Filipinos will base everything on mestiza looks and vocals that can do powerful vibratos. The Filipinos do not have a gist of what the Japanese "idol" aura is.

But the fact that there is a possibility that MNL48 will partner withABS-CBN, there are high chances of the text voting system to happen.

God save our country

13. dunkindonato

dunkindonato Upcoming Girls

Well maybe they were in it for the fame. Maybe they were bitter at ranking low. Maybe they're just covering up their insecurities. Whatever the case, I'd rather have those people weeded out than have them come in and wreck havoc on the group's morale.

Nobody said being idol is easy. Most of us are actually saying the opposite.

Sent from my SM-J100ML using Tapatalk

14. Mosachi

Mosachi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Oh my, this "like system" is already too much to bear, what's more if they really will implement "text voting." T^T

15. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Why though? The number of votes can be remain anonymous with text voting. However, the only down side to it is that the staffs can rig or lie about it to favor someone.

16. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    JKT had implemented text voting already, MNL will no doubt do the same too later

17. Mosachi

Mosachi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    I fear that the same scenario with PBB might happen, where the applicant will be chosen out of sympathy. I prefer if the staff and Aki-p himself will choose the applicant that will proceed to the second phase of audition. That way, I will be more at ease because the members are chosen because of their talent, passion and determination. But if they will implement text voting for Senbatsu instead, then it will be great!

18. Vivienne

Vivienne Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    odanana
    ^I completely, completely, agree.
    Look at PBB, the grand winners are always from a poor family. Same goes for The Voice, and Pinoy Boyband Superstar.

I have nothing against poor families. But I don't think having financial problems should be a criteria to be the best idol/artist in the world.

_________

This is completely out of the topic, but I want to know what type of videos do you want the applicants to upload? Singing? Dancing? Or more on personality showing like a simple introduction? I have no idea what to do in my video.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
  19. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    AkiP himself go to Jakarta and choose JKT's first generation (He didn't go for SNH and i don't know about TPE and BKK), i hope he's willing to go and do the same with MNL.

20. Vivienne

Vivienne Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    odanana
    ---MNL48 WEBSITE UPDATE----

There seems to be a bug.
    I can see the applicants' weight instead of their age.

Before (10 minutes ago) Screenshot_2017-01-29-23-08-58-1.png
    After (Now)
    Screenshot_2017-01-29-23-25-58-1.png
    Hallohallo, I definitely don't want to vote someone based on their weight.

This makes me kind of wonder.. what's the ideal weight of an idol, in the 48/46G perspective?

Anyways, good luck to them on fixing that bug.

EDIT: Seems like you can only see their weight in your likes history window. You can't see it in the homescreen or in their actual profiles.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.