MNL48 News and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'MNL48 News & Releases' started by MurasakiSora, Mar 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cyph

Cyph Kenkyuusei

Here's the Photo Guidelines uploaded on the page. Maybe these are the rules that they prioritize because I remember seeing a longer one in the website :) And I think cosplay is allowed.

Goodluck to your Sister >w< I support her too just liked her profile a few minutes ago [hehe]

Attached Files:

2. yorsavior11

yorsavior11 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nakanoikumi
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnndddddddd......

I'm still waiting...

>.<

3. Odd_Cinderella

Odd_Cinderella Next Girls

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    The Official Facebook page was really nice welcoming BNK48. I mean, it was the sister group that started their auditions before TPE and MNL, so, it makes sense that they haven't chosen their girls yet. Patience is a virtue, my friends. Although, I would be even more shocked/concerned if STU48 was revealed before MNL. Yes, it's mainland is JPN48, but MNL has been in auditioning stages currently and they should have the upper hand between the two. :eek:

I'm not even going to count TPE right now. They're more dead than MNL. :(

Also, K-Pop group auditions in Manila as well?
    https://www.facebook.com/wavemusicent/posts/1841757302760904

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
  4. ooioo

ooioo Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    yamashitaemiri
    Thanks for clarifying this up, though I firmly believe that whatever this exchange has come up to, was more likely something that's in everyone's minds now.

Let me be honest about this but genetics and perhaps age can have a big factor in weight loss.

And I have to be honest about this but you will easily lose weight more by balancing your meals versus practicing everyday. Which is not to say you'd have to skimp on the physical stuff, but having strict discipline on what you eat rather than what you do is key to long term weight loss and management.

I've been there, I've proven it myself, and it's frigging hard.

Who still buys CDs, honestly? I do, but do most people do still?

It's not a viable option. I doubt you'd chose to stream a song rather than pick up a CD and play it in a CD player.

What they could do if they'd really push or a physical release is doing a zine-CD tandem, sell it for like 300 pesos, fill the zine with pictures of the girls or probably articles and add the CD as a bonus.

To @Vivienne, to @Coeli, to @Cyph, and to diochristian48 his/her sister, you're all gorgeous. I have more things to say but since it's kind of a mixed bag, I need not to.

I really hope they kind of ditch the damn online voting system, just close the registration for the thing, and start a closed-door process because, honestly, and I've been hammering this many times, there are just too many beautiful/talented girls out there. I mean, it's nice we have this online voting system to get an idea of who's joining. I've been checking the app for a while and there are a lot of potentials.

This will be long...

I think the delays are really more about smoothening the process, finding what "hits the spot" and making it work. MNL48 IMHO is a tougher choice for a homegrown idol market. SNH and JKT have big pools of would-be clients (wotas) to peddle their trade on. Thailand has a sort-of emerging idol industry, which for a number of years have made in-roads out of the country and the number of names in the recent Japan Expo alone would prove that Thailand is a strategic market for Japan, which would then justify BNK's creation. TPE can be revived in a heartbeat because, the market is there, Japan has ties to Taiwan, and simply put, Japanese interest on Taiwan is reciprocated with Taiwanese interest on Japan.

On the other hand, the Philippines, is just questionable. A Coldplay/Madonna concert can be sold out in a matter of seconds while fledgling bands struggle to fill in small bars, some even paying to play. A band's well-written song may never get the same recognition as the sappy one they made for the masses (here's looking at you Sud, the band.) Idol groups tend to be half-baked, flash-in-a-pan creations, abandoned in the middle. Who can still remember XLR8, who was plagued because KPoppers found their carrier single to share a beat with Super Junior's song? Or how about Pointen, touted to be a Korean group made here which just disappeared?

Also, how can these bands/groups flourish without financial backing? With the record industry in dire straits now, you have to make ways how to keep up with the craft and at the same time feed your family. How can you get to even make a country so hard-pressed for money as well, to spend for your group?

And all of this, has to be considered before putting MNL48 in the country. To wit: colonial mentality, execution, the packaging, the marketing, a moribund spending public, a cutthroat domestic entertainment competition with little to no chance as entertainment exports which could perhaps at least serve as sustenance to a group, and a vastly messy, vastly different culture.

Not sure how much of this will be addressed in a month, or 3 months time.

There, I said it.

I've also pointed this out before but it's kind of strange that the Philippines does not have a thriving idol industry, but half-Filipinos are very well-represented in the Japanese idol world. Just yesterday, I just learned that former SKE48 6th Generation Member Mayuko Goto was half-Filipino as well. I wonder how many there really are in the organization.

I really hope they're doing their study very well. This group has the potential to make it or break it and if it does make it, it can be a real game-changer. I wanted to share my own oshis as well but I'm not sure if I can.

Another concern I have is this. Doesn't the online voting scheme sap some of the excitement on who would be in the group? Sure, the excitement about the applications process are there, but knowing what they look like, isn't the online voting system kind of like giving that part of not knowing away?

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
  5. Cyph

Cyph Kenkyuusei

To those who are getting impatient "SOON" [hehe] @ooioo Thankyou very much! :p

Attached Files:

6. Odd_Cinderella

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    You talked more about MNL than TPE. I just said there should be patience and I was not upset at all that MNL hasn't revealed anyone yet. I'm glad they're taking their time. I can't wait until they tease us just like BNK did.

7. Coeli Mae

Coeli Mae Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    The "Soon" part, I wonder if they've already chosen members and kept the online audition in order to create a surprise? I'm so thrilled I'm :corr::drool: Thank you po @ooioo!

8. Cxstridert's mikhail

Cxstridert's mikhail Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yabukinako
    i think MNL operation staff will announce the 2nd round of auditions in march 2017 and the worst scenario will MNL48 debut will announce on Late november or early january 2017....
    what do you think guys???!~

9. armygirl01

armygirl01 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    January 2017? you mean 2018 right?
    i need to apologize, its a habit of mine..
    i tend to point out things..

i think, definitely a worst case scenario..
    most of the participants that registered are kpop fans trying out their luck in MNL..
    now that WM is also doing auditions, and just recently added a filipino in their talents,
    this is just my opinion, but i think some girls will transfer to the WM auditions, decreasing the 1500+ applicants of MNL,
    if MNL still doensn't do anything..

im not a kpop fan, i just listen to some, but all of them are already disbanded (2ne1 and 4minute)
    its just that i've been friends with kpop fans for as long as i can remember, thats why i think that the WM auditions will have a negative effect on the MNL auditions..

10. Cxstridert's mikhail

Cxstridert's mikhail Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yabukinako
    my mistake .. haha:hehe:... 2018 typo...
    i wish it's works out...
    sad thing ...
    i hope MNL operation staff read this and have a respond on it ...
    just worried about it...

11. dunkindonato

dunkindonato Upcoming Girls

This. I'd prefer waiting to rushing things.
    Someone's got to try. You can't make decisions thinking about failure. If MNL48 flops then it flops, until that happens I'll reserve my judgment.

I know a lot of people are sore about the voting thing. But it is what it is and people should just accept it.

Sent from my SM-J100ML using Tapatalk

12. xcrossfacekillahx

xcrossfacekillahx Member

Oshimen:
    hondahitomi
    Twitter:
    crossfacekillah
    I hope they can wait even more because audition rounds shouldn't last this long. At least finish the round already and let the girls know who got through.

13. Odd_Cinderella

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    Well, they accepted Applications back in June, right? I thought auditions started back in December, so I figured there would be a 3-month period? :^^;: There's still time left in Feb to announce First Gen, and if not, I also like the idea of a March announcement.

"The MNL48 fan circle is getting bigger each day! We just reached 1.1 M likes and we couldn't thank you enough for your overwhelming support! Continue supporting your favorite applicants by liking their photos and videos in the official MNL48 mobile app and website. We've got a big announcement coming soon, so keep on visiting our page and sharing our posts!"

^ Facebook page just posted that! :eek:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2017
  14. ChipsDelight

ChipsDelight Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kizakiyuria
    They released the MNL app when Team 8 had their fan meet at Manila which was Dec 3. That marked the start of the audition.

Meh. They could just say 'soon' and it could be months far away. :^^;:
    The Filipino part of the post said 'big announcement coming in the following weeks' though. lol still vague.

15. leedew

leedew Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    What if the issue lies more on the network? Remeber Team 8's Showtime guesting? It was mentioned there that the MNL48 producers are ironing things out with ABS-CBN. Maybe they're still waiting for a timeslot to become available or some other technical formality to get settled before they can truly launch. My sister said that things like that do take time (she was part of a TV prod before).

16. Odd_Cinderella

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    Well, then, I wouldn't mind a March Reveal. :v:

17. sijfer

sijfer Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    horimiona
    Or April Reveal. I don't really mind waiting, but still...I feel worried for the applicants...some of them could have sent their applications before they turn 21, but what if they turn 21 already during this waiting duration?

18. iseak

iseak Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    April reveal would be nice! Since there are also lot of applicants from Visayas and Mindanao, they could prepare their savings for their stay in Manila if ever they get chosen. :blush:

19. Vivienne

Vivienne Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    odanana
    April reveal? Eh.. I don't feel too good about that.
    If they reveal the first round qualifiers on April, it would take up another month for the second round.
    And then training round will start during the beginning of the school season, yikes. (But then again, if you want to be an idol, gotta prioritize it lmao.)

Their debut's going to delay, as well as their first single, if ever that happens.

I am against the April reveal, but that doesn't mean I don't support the Bisaya applicants! Please don't get me wrong ahah;

20. iseak

iseak Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    No, It's okay! [hehe] I was just thinking about financial stuffs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.