1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

MNL48 News and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'MNL48 News & Releases' started by MurasakiSora, Mar 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ooioo

ooioo Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    yamashitaemiri
    I'm not sure about this but I have a feeling that in terms of accepting into the KPop circle, you need to at least look like the part, of most of which us don't. I haven't been exposed to KPop that long enough to make a valid opinion, but as a casual observer that's what I'm thinking. Even YG propect Krieshia Tiu looked like one.

If there are people who might flock this event, it's probably those young Koreans who have studied English here in the country, who probably will be a bigger asset for the company.

I'd want the entire enterprise to succeed really, just because this kind of concept, I think, is suitable for Filipinos.

And honestly, while the voting system is inescapable, I hope they don't solely put their eggs on this getting the 1st Gen.

Was it ever mentioned in the program? I do hope so. Who knows, ABS isn't only ironing things out on that level but might actually be building something in the vicinity of the area, like an idol training facility of some sort a la Pinoy Big Brother. :D :D :D

EDIT: Come to think of it, if ABS was the network of choice, it might actually make sense making the theater somewhere in the Eton Centris area.

I've pointed it before- if MNL48 is not going to shoulder the relocation allowance of the girls, it will be a hard bargain for the girls far from Metro Manila. Also, since most of the girls entering will need parental/guardian consent, it will be another thing to point out.

Unless MNL48 has other things in mind like making a reality talent TV show, wherein the aforementioned lodging facility might actually be made.

In that case, I'd like you guys to record the program :D

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
  2. Sarah Grace

Sarah Grace Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokomichiyuri
    Hello :) I am a newbie here (who've gone through many obstacles just to be able to talk here). I have a question. Do akb48 members or any franchised group members study? I am one of those who applied/joined in MNL48 and I've been wondering if they are studying. If they do, when do they perform to their audience? I'm so sorry, I'm just a newbie but I want to learn a lot so that I can improve. Thanks :)

3. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    Yes, 48/46 members still attend school / college though for middle school / high school students they are usually forced to move to a entertainer friendly school where it's more flexible for them (as in, the school is okay with them missing class for work and know what to do to help them catch up)

Like it or not, they'll have to move to Manila.

4. Sarah Grace

Sarah Grace Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokomichiyuri
    Another question, do they live in a dorm? And again, at what time do they perform to their audience? Thanks for the reply :)

5. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    It depends on the management. If MNL's management is hella rich like SNH's, then maybe there'll be a dorm.

As for other 48groups, usually the management provides housing for members who's from outta town/country

6. erukruu

erukruu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    suzumotomiyu
    If you are from Metro Manila, I think Angelicum College is an entertainer friendly school. Kathryn Bernardo was studying there and some other artists (that Santino kid? uhm... and Julie Ann San Jose?) And some private institutions, I guess lol

seeing BNK48's (going to) success, I'm kinda worried with everything about MNL48 lol

I am still hoping about a possibility to stop the online audition stuff and pursue the 48 standard auditions ; A ; every time I browse MNL48 site, it's quite a mess. (And does anyone here mention about the site change from mnl48.ph to mnl48.hallohallo.com? I still find it weird lol)

Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2017
  7. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

I'm pretty sure that Hallo Hallo is probably like the biggest sponsor of MNL48 which is why they had to add Hallo Hallo everywhere. I'm not sure what's the purpose of Hallo Hallo though lol. I just remember seeing their ads (only) on a video about jobs.

8. kukocrunch

kukocrunch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Remember that Hallo Hallo Entertainment is the official operator of MNL48 so it is a part of their Hallo Hallo Alliance ;)

9. onego123

onego123 Member

I really hope they increase the age limit to at least include 21 year olds because this has been taking so long that a good chunk of the 20 year olds that initially applied have most likely turned 21. I feel like they got kinda screwed. :/

10. Vivienne

Vivienne Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    odanana
    I feeeeeeeel the same way! It's not their fault that their birthdays landed at the First Round period. ;_;
    But I really hope the age limit extends to 22 y.o., I really want my friend Mika to get in. She deserves it so much!

And speaking of people who deserve a spot in MNL48, who is/are your oshi/s so far?
    Mine will definitely be Ashley Cloud, Erii, and Hacchi. I can feel the sparkly idol aura from them. (Hacchi has a Harada Aoi vibe, she's underrated, so you should go check her profile out!)

Ashley Cloud's singing, dancing and charisma makes me feel like she's a real idol. She can definitely persevere.
    Erii is a sweet girl, also great at singing!

11. dunkindonato

dunkindonato Upcoming Girls

Ashley Cloud has a following among local fans already. My list of hopefuls are all on the Back2gaming.com articles I wrote, and there are quite a number of them.

Sent from my SM-J100ML using Tapatalk

12. Mosachi

Mosachi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Done checking out her account. I hope for her video soon :) As for me, I chose Ashley cloud as well xD and still deciding between Coeli and Ressa as my ni-oshi. I like Coeli's attitude but knowing Ressa is a fan of Takamina-san as well really gives me a hard time deciding xD

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
  13. Cyph

Cyph Kenkyuusei

@dunkindonato Good to see your blog updated again! I've been waiting for ages :corr: Well my oshi is Erii. I usually get to talk to her on twitter and she's a sweet and kind Lady~ I support many candidates and I talked to many already and I see that they are so determined. Right now I'm so excited for any announcements or news that will come. But patience is a virtue so I have to wait :XD:

14. Mosachi

Mosachi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    oh~ the Versace girl.

15. Cyph

Cyph Kenkyuusei

yes her xD She has a sweet voice and a sweet personality

16. Aya Minami

Aya Minami Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Looks like STU48 is done with their second round auditions. Out of 8000+ applicants only 101 of them are left :O They would probably debut before MNL48 would even announce their second round auditions and I think that's okay I guess since it's a Japan sister group:)

17. Coeli Mae

Coeli Mae Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Thank you so much po for even considering me! I'm so happy po to hear that, grabe :cute:

18. Cyph

Cyph Kenkyuusei

I like you too Coeli! Personality wise you're actually one of my favorites :p You randomly appeared and you gave off something I never did. And I really loved that [hehe]
    Now I'm getting nervous for MNL48. I get more inpatient but I really need to wait and restrain myself :p:p

19. iseak

iseak Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Me too! scared and excited at the same time! :D

20. Sarah Grace

Sarah Grace Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokomichiyuri
    You're not alone Cyph and iseak. I'm excited to hear some updates from MNL48.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.