Mobile Game AKB48 Cherry Bay Blaze (Discontinued)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by lionel90, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Mikuriin

Mikuriin Future Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    It looked very promising indeed...what a shame...

2. Orangerafi

Orangerafi Member

Oshimen:
    SeichanKomiharuMiionMacharin
    Terminating service without even getting released (English version):omfg: :rofl::wall:. What a shame, the game looks promising, and it's an idol management game which is a kind of game the west rarely get.

3. Crystelle

Crystelle Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Izuta Rina, Ida Reona
    Damm it looked so promising. What a shame it never got released world wide

4. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    i can't say that I am surprised it ended this way.
    After all what characterized the most the game communication was ....... silence.

Obviously, nothing was ready when they 1st anounced the game during the 1st Asia Festival 2 years ago, one can even wonder if the producing company wasn't lauched the same day.

After that they failed their communication around the game.
    For some time, their topic was "so and so" is included in the game, but what kind of game was it ?
    Just the official game authorized by AKB48, and big mistery around it. Nothing about the developpement, no words about a release calendar or beta. Just a few mysterious words between 2 long periods of silence. And when they were asked on their social medias, the answers were allways the same. "Wait a little, be patient, etc ....". No wonder people may have lost interest despite the super enthousiastic messages they left from time to time
    In the gaming industry, even modest companies have better communication than that.
    There were far worst in the industry though (*cough* Heart of darkness), but the final product wasn't too bad (except *cough* Duke nuked, /pun intended)

On another hand Just look at how other AKB48 mobile games are launched. (whatever they failed or not)
    The games are anounced, and usually in the following weeks / days they are launched. So the products are almost ready on the anouncement day instead of the company is almost ready to be build on the anouncement day.

So poor communication, slow informations flow. It could only lead to such a result IMO

Last edited: Nov 18, 2020
  5. onego123

onego123 Member

We got to talking about CBB on the TSH thread, and I wanted to share the link to the Chinese website as well as the Weibo because of how kinda shocking they were to me. The website is missing people like the Japanese one, but the Weibo is way better maintained then anything. There are several girls in the game that the Twitter, and websites never mentions, most notably HKT's Yabuki Nako(since July), SKE's Matsuri Jurina(since August), and STU's Takino Yumiko(since May). It is possible that they're only in the Chinese version, but personally I kinda doubt that.
    《樱桃湾之夏》手游官方网站-AKB48偶像经营互动手游-AKB48 CHERRY BAY BLAZE (sdo.com)

微博 (weibo.cn)
    YN.jpg MJ.jpg YM.jpg

Scrolling through the Weibo you'll see that they gave birthday shoutouts to other members too so I'm thinking most likely those people are in the game as well or were at the very least suppose to be added at some point in time.

Edit: Oba Mina and Okada Nana
    ON.jpg OM.jpg

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 1