1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Momoiro Clover Z

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Idol Emporium' started by Jasey, Nov 18, 2009.

1. Naomi

Naomi Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Re: Momoiro Clover

They have to be underweight to debut? You have got to be kidding me.

2. DSQ

DSQ Kenkyuusei

That poor girl, she looks so thin :cry:

3. aakun

aakun Kenkyuusei

omg look at her cheeks T_________________________T

4. Kay

Kay Kenkyuusei

This makes me sick to my stomach. It is a shame that the record label made these young, talented, beautiful girls 'weigh in' before debuting. It was totally uncalled for an a terrible tragedy that MomoKuro had to go through with it. It is especially hard for girls to admit their weight and deal with such personal issues, but to make a public announcement that a girl is 'too fat' to be an Idol is utterly disrespectful and rude. I feel especially sorry for Takagi, as she is a very beautiful girl and it is sad to hear she had to go to such extreme measures just to please her record company. I really hope that if she is suffering from anorexia that she get help immediately and I hope that she knows she has fans who think she is beautiful just the way she is.

This is another reason I'm disliking their current record label. This is just wrong. Being an Idol is not supposed to be based off of weight or physical appearance. Idols are supposed to make you happy, help to encourage you and inspire you.

I feel like, sometimes, I post a lot of negative thoughts in this thread, and I really do love MomoKuro, but this just makes me so sad, angry and upset. I love my Idols and I just want the best for them. They do so much for me, I wish I could do the same for them...

Kay

5. Naomi

Naomi Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Their old label, Universal, did this. They're with King Records now, AKB's label.

Unfortunately, a lot of being an idol is based on phyiscal appearance. That's probably why idols tend not to be very talented, because they focus more on personalities and looks rather than talent.

6. Kay

Kay Kenkyuusei

Ah okay, good, I'm glad they moved.

I know a huge part of being an Idol is based off of looks, more-so than anything else, but to publicly humiliate her like that in front of her fans, staff and whatever news media might be there at the time is just wrong.

Kay

7. an idle fish

an idle fish Kenkyuusei

That's absolutely horrible. The idea of a weigh-in to debut alone is awful, let alone in front of 150 people?? [boom] 0.8kg over isn't even that much! I hope Reni-chan gets the help she needs. <3

8. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari

Hopefully this is the wake-up call. When I went to the release event last week I had mentioned to Miitan that Reni looked frighteningly thin. I thought she looked great early on, I cannot believe anyone would think she had any sort of weight problem. And what's worse is with her dramatic weight loss I am sure she is suffering with some emotional issues along with it. :cry:

9. mieniem

mieniem Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka

Awww what the hell, if you tell a 16 year old girl that's going through puberty, hell all these girls that they weight too much and don't look good. That news is gonna hit them really hard on the head, and they did this to Remi and she is my favorite member of MC.

10. miyuki

miyuki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kitahararie

That's beyond awful :(
    I understand they do some pretty acrobatic stuff but honestly, the world needs to start understanding fit vs. skin and bones...
    I hope that Reni is able to come to terms with her issues and be healthy <3

11. JAKKfromAKB48

JAKKfromAKB48 Kenkyuusei

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiqLuL4A ... r_embedded

Offical full Coco Nuts PV^

New MomoClo single [Mirai Bouru] (ミライボウル) will be released on the 9th of March, so far away :(

But :) for new single

It will be released in 3 types

Type A w/ DVD that contains Mirai Bouru PV and Type B W/DVD that has the Chai Maxx PV and regular edition with just the songs

12. kuumined

kuumined Kenkyuusei

SHIORI!!! <3
    my fav song from momoclo as of now
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7z9M0vFPbI[/yt]
    maid shiori is <3 <3 <3
    and ayaka's part was. [shock]

13. an idle fish

an idle fish Kenkyuusei

Not sure how many of you have already seen this, but a video about the Christmas concert is up!

I clearly have no idea how to embed youtube videos on this forum, so here's a link to avoid the unsightly HTML.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9Fm8eJ6pz0

Apparently the girls (or at least Akari and Shiori) got solos for the Christmas concert? It makes me doubly upset that I couldn't get a ticket. Looks like several new songs were introduced.

Also rewatching it I realized you can see me waiting to get the CD nine seconds in LOL.

14. hood_rat

hood_rat Kenkyuusei

I luv dees girls!!!1 Da yellow une is kawaii!!! <3 <3 <3 <3

15. Micchipyon

Micchipyon Kenkyuusei

^
    ^
    ^

That's my favourite song too. <3
    And Shiori, Momoka & Ayaka are my favourites. :3

I'm bit worried about Reni too. She looks like REALLY thin nowadays. [speechless]

16. writerserenyty

writerserenyty Kenkyuusei

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3N90G5evcg[/yt]
    ^MomoClo's newest single is the ending to an anime, so this is a preview of it! As a MomoClo fan I LOVE it.

17. RocketStarLauncher

RocketStarLauncher Member Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki

^Thanks for the video. I really like the chorus, but it doesn't fit with the really weird verse. The PV should be interesting.

(Did anyone see 'Scott McDonald'?)

18. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari

That's funny, I feel exactly the opposite. I love the verse, and think the chorus sounds like just about every other idol song. :p

Anyhow, excited about what will surely be another awesome Momoclo release. Too bad I will be getting into town three weeks after it comes out. Hopefully they will still be making promotional appearances. [party]

19. Jasey

Jasey Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

I agree it doesn't fit, but I like it xD The weird verses are my favourite part, but I think it's cool altogether as well.

20. Micchipyon

Micchipyon Kenkyuusei

^

Same here. Dx
    But I still love the chorus part. ♥