1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Moriya Rena (Renaa) / 2nd generation

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 Members' started by Atsu-nee, Feb 17, 2020.

1. keyak

keyak Upcoming Girls

Rena-chan for Lawson X Keyakizaka46 campaign

[​IMG]

--

She was featured on Nikkan Sport's Sakamichi no Kayoubi on 7/14. Read her interview (with Koike) here (ty @toomuchidea!).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

--

Rena's blog post after the Online Live / name-change announcement: trans (ty @toomuchidea!)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  2. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    Thread starter @Atsu-nee can you please switch around the names on the thread title? It's in first-last name form, which is somewhat discouraged. The correct form is: Moriya Rena

3. rdamon42

rdamon42 Member

Oshimen:
    渡邉 理佐 / 守屋麗奈
    Twitter:
    rdamon42
    [​IMG]

How can this girl get pied, go out for the next segment, hair in disarray, no makeup, and still look this ridiculously good?

Methinks, I have found my 2ki ni-oshi.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Philosophy Senpai

Philosophy Senpai Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    Simple... By shining brighter than the sun!

For someone like me for which an oshi is just first among equals, this excludes her from my oshi shortlist as I always stan girls more far away from the limelight and/or with smaller fan-base and/or with some obvious unusual perk/strength, and/or girls for which I know that they receive less love.

And thanks god Morirena will receive plenty of love.

• Like Like x 1
  5. heatsignature

heatsignature Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

if the video does not show watch the video here

Teaser for Rena’s Nobafa PV... looks like it’s going to be Rena walking around just being beautiful which I’m already excited about [hehe]

• Like Like x 2
  6. iainus

iainus Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaki Miyu
    She's such a lovely looking girl.

7. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    Honestly? I expect better than this.
    There's no deny how pretty Rena is, but it's always a bit frustrating when they push just a member visuals. There's more than that to her, and I hope mngmnt and Rena herself will take any possible chance to show a bit more personality.
    I'm falling (late) in love with the whole Sakamichi new gens and in my opinion the only one with the same kind of prettiness as Rena is Nogi's Kakki, yet Kakki already had the chance to show much more than that time and time again.
    I hope Rena got the same fire somewhere and it's ready to show it.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Philosophy Senpai

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    Kakki is not only (maybe) the prettiest idol I've ever seen but also a personality made of steel, reliable, positive, self-confident and kind. However, she's been given the opportunities to shine... Where is these opportunities for our girls, where is a Sakurazaka Skits, Sakurazaka doko e, etc etc etc. Personally I am thirsty to see and enjoy more of the 2nd gens and even more of the new 2nd gens.

Let's hope that now, with management following more tried-and-trusted ways, will follow successful recipes from the rich Nogizaka variety arsenal. There is no other way for the girls to unfold their personalities (apart from facial beauty).

9. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    I completely agree with you, which is why I hoped for a more substantial PV for Rena.
    We all know she's really pretty, I would have liked to see other sides of her personality shine.
    It seems to me other 2ki members all got pretty cool PVs

OT: The first time I wrote that post it was something like "Kakki is the only one beautiful like Rena" but I had to correct myself to not offend anyone AND because there are actually a lot of pretty girls in Sakamichi Shinkisei.

Another OT: Phil, as Hori oshi before discovering Keyaki, your signature is breaking my heart everytime I see it, but I'm glad you like her.

10. rdamon42

rdamon42 Member

Oshimen:
    渡邉 理佐 / 守屋麗奈
    Twitter:
    rdamon42
    This is the bias talking but for me Rena just walking around being pretty is more than enough LOL

Her concept seems to focus on a quiet afternoon with Rena in nature, and it seems you are chasing her from behind to the river? I mean we got only 43 seconds. I want to see the full PV before jumping to anything.

About Kaki, she is pretty, bit Rena has that chameleon like idol look. She can look like Paruru at a certain angle and look like a completely different idol at another angle, in the same photo. I think they are highlighting that here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    @rdamon42 I know it seems I'm coming after your Oshis, but I'm not lol
    I'm just like that; the more I like something/someone, the more I want them to be better and better.
    I'm sure Rena has way more cards than just being pretty. I wish she could take them out.

12. heatsignature

heatsignature Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

I feel like some people took my "Rena walking around just being beautiful" comment literally.

She has a concept behind the video, in her mobame she said she wanted to do a one-take video that conveyed a dream-like ennui. From this clip so far, I think she's successful in conveying that feeling. Just because she's not dancing around doesn't mean that she doesn't have a deeper side to her?

The purpose of the PVs are for the members to develop a video concept they want to execute. The mgmt doesn't choose for the members so I'm not sure where you got the idea that "the mgmt is only pushing her visuals" (implying that mgmt is pushing her that much in the first place...). Subscribe to her mobame or something if you want to see her personality?

13. rdamon42

rdamon42 Member

Oshimen:
    渡邉 理佐 / 守屋麗奈
    Twitter:
    rdamon42
    @Dill Wait, you're coming after my oshis? I didn't notice [hehe]

Well at some point Rena~ has to show more than just a pretty face, and I feel she can do it, that's why I'm supporting her like this

There's been a lot of pretty faces in the idol world that I initially got interested in and lost touch midway through because there was nothing else to see (gomen ne Himetan!), but I know and hope Rena~ won't be that type.

And as @heatsignature said I see a lot of sides to Rena in her mobame (literally the best part of the day is seeing those messages from her), so far she has done self interviews and monomanes too. There's a lot to learn about her

• Like Like x 1
  14. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    I swear I never do that on purpose:rofl:
    Sorry man! I'll cross from my list both Risa, Rena, and Yuuka to save my life lol
    Pon is fair game for the next unpopular very personal and questionable opinion war though

But seriously?! You lost interest in Himetan? I would have given her my house if she asked lol

@heatsignature actually I think I didn't even read your post because I was in a hurry watching all the pv trailers and compared to the others Rena felt a little meh so I made my observation based on what I saw.
    If mngmnt didn't chose for her, then I really hope Rena herself will decide to let us see more different sides of her personality and not just in mobame which Rain so kindly update us about pratically every single day saving me from spending even more money on Sakura stuff (thanks btw)

• Like Like x 1
  15. rdamon42

rdamon42 Member

Oshimen:
    渡邉 理佐 / 守屋麗奈
    Twitter:
    rdamon42
    Don't, I'm not the kind of wota that blocks out discussions, I accept my oshis (Yuuka isn't one btw, although she is a favorite, like Pe-chan) have things they need to work on.

I just think that yaRena~'s PV preview really fits her because she is the sort of dream girlfriend and the place they shot it in is so beautiful too. Its like you're on your honeymoon with Rena - that's how I look at it at least. Highlighting not only her beauty but her dream like qualities.

• Like Like x 1
  16. rdamon42

rdamon42 Member

Oshimen:
    渡邉 理佐 / 守屋麗奈
    Twitter:
    rdamon42
    I met yaRena in the online M&G today and....

She was every bit as wonderful as I imagined. Her voice was so gentle, her tone sweet, and when I asked her to do burikko kots, she didn't do it right away but had a kind of shy look on her face - and then she did it.

There is so much more to this girl, I feel it. Not just beauty, but grace and smarts. I know I've said it before but - I'm really glad she is with KeyaSaku.

• Like Like x 5
  17. Philosophy Senpai

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    This is how it must feel to experience a few seconds' trip to heaven and back again...

18. rdamon42

rdamon42 Member

Oshimen:
    渡邉 理佐 / 守屋麗奈
    Twitter:
    rdamon42
    She was quite genki, especially in the first two rounds, so much energy in one beautiful little package.

I hope she makes more fans, she is such an angel and could see I was a bit nervous, hearing her voice calmed me down, but when she said "Rain-san?" I just lost it again LOL

And it seems her SokoSaku sexy words is trending (it was more cute than sexy)

• Like Like x 2
  19. rdamon42

rdamon42 Member

Oshimen:
    渡邉 理佐 / 守屋麗奈
    Twitter:
    rdamon42
    Ticket transfer with yaRena today was much smoother, some minor lags but it was okay

I finished all my tickets with her and she is just wonderful: her enthusiasm is on point and reactions are heartwarming.

Will post a more detailed M&G report in the Experiences thread later.

20. Philosophy Senpai

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    ... and make us all jealous in the process...

• Like Like x 1