1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Most Difficult/Impressive Choreography of 48G?

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by junjou19, Oct 5, 2015.

1. junjou19

junjou19 Member

What songs express the most difficult and impressive choreo in all of 48G? The most recent example would be NMB's Must Be Now.:cool:

Sent from my LG-H345 using Tapatalk

2. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Hardest choreography isn't always an adult-like dance song. It can also include idol like dance songs too.

I'd say for my top:

1. Coquettish Juutai Chuu
    2. Pareo wa Emerald (including the backflips as shown in Kouhaku (first appearance))
    3. Kodoku na Ballerina (including the solo ballerina part, preferably done by a 48 girl)
    4. Bokutachi wa Takawanai
    5. Uza

3. Jurisus_Walks

Jurisus_Walks Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    SKE48 - Escape. I think it's unmatched in intensity + footwork.

4. nathan_drake

nathan_drake Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    1. Escape (SKE48)
    2. UZA (AKB48)
    3. Beginner (AKB48)
    4. Must be Now (NMB48)

5. edwn

edwn Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuisakiko
    Aside from the obvious (Escape, Must Be Now, etc.) i think Viva Hurricane is pretty impressive too. So far i never see good performance video of it but once when i watch JKT's Boku no Taiyou live the footwork at Viva Hurricane's chorus is insane it's like they're hovering mid-air (that's the only impressive part though).

6. jeauexe

jeauexe Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kinoshitamomoka
    Twitter:
    jeauexe
    Kamonegix was mentioned earlier, but my personal favourite Kamonegix performance is the 2013 Kohaku one. They move like a well oiled machine, which is impressive considering the whole group is performing.

I feel like most of the dance intensive songs have been listed already? Apparently Don't Look Back is quite tiring to dance as well, according to some NMB girls.

• Like Like x 1
  7. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    For me it's

1. Escape
    2. Darkness
    3. UZA
    4. Don't Look Back!
    5. Must Be Now!
    6. Kamonegix
    7. Coquettish Juutai Chuu
    8. 1!2!3!4! Yoroshiku!
    9. Oki Doki
    10. End Roll

8. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Yeah the Kouhaku debut performances are the best.

9. x_AozoraKataomoi_x

x_AozoraKataomoi_x Member

Oshimen:
    takeisara
    Twitter:
    X2783
    1. Escape
    2. Must Be Now
    3. Bokutachi wa Tatakawanai
    4. Darkness
    5. UZA
    6. Galaxy of Dreams
    7. Kamonegix
    8. Pareo wa Emerald
    9. End Roll
    10. Dear J (Kizaki Yuria ver.)

10. oscar6262

oscar6262 Kenkyuusei

Inochi wa Utsukushii
    Junjou U-19
    Must be now
    Takane no Ringo
    "Danshi" wa Kenkyuu Taishou
    Bara no Gishiki

11. MocchiMooch

MocchiMooch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    Must Be Now is definitely the list topper for me, right now.

That song requires so much finesse, which makes me understand why the senbatsu was such a narrow cut.

You can't just know the moves and execute the dance well. These girls know what they're doing, and it shows like crazy.

They just look so light and effortless. And for that reason, that's why I put Must Be Now above songs like Escape and UZA, where the girls are very obviously trying way too hard.

Honestly, I don't get all the hype for Uza as a dance song. The routine is very awkward and cringe worthy, and the girls look so uncomfortable.

12. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Well that's why particular girls are better at it. Seeing only Tomochin and Jurina dance UZA is infinitely better than the entire senbatsu, since so many of the girls are so awkward - even though as a routine UZA or Escape is much harder as a routine.

Plus most girls are better at cute routines, such as CJC. Hence why CJC will outrank UZA for me - they're of equal difficulty, but the girls look much more natural in that routine.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

13. mysoshipinups

mysoshipinups Kenkyuusei

[​IMG]

Yes so difficult.

eh?

This is clearly the best :)

14. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    I too can do 2 second clips that make Must be Now look really easy. Especially the part right before the chorus where all they do is clap.

No one is saying that it's an easy routine, just very repetitive.

15. mysoshipinups

mysoshipinups Kenkyuusei

[​IMG]

ok.

16. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Doing 2 second gifs isn't going to convince me one way or the other. Either explain why you think the routine is easy, or don't bother responding at all.

17. convenience93

convenience93 Member

Oshimen:
    Jang Wonyoung
    Actually about Kamonegix, I wasn't too fond of the original choreo. It's like aerobics exercise to me.
    But then they did many dance remixes and made it look sooo awesome. That NHK Kouhaku perf was by far the best they ever done.

Hmms for me, impressive choreos to me are the ones I find interesting. Like rather than difficulty level, expressive choreos that tells a story of the song itself.
    One of the reasons I like NMB best from the 48s are because their choreos are the most unique to me.
    Some of my favourites that have already been mentioned are like Junjou U-19 and Takane no Ringo.

Other choreo I really like are from NMB's Shirogumi songs are like:
    1. Saigo no Catharsis
    http://alive.in.th/watch_video.php?v=23NOHMHH78SY
    I like watching the PV more than the performances for this as though the PV storyline itself is kinda weird (lol), I love the contrast in the choreography between the energetic genki dance and the cyborg robot-like dance they do.
    Regular dance in the chorus you can see from 2:43. I think the spins in this dance is what is really nice to watch especially in their lives in which they only do the regular dance.
    Cyborg dance from 3:57. I think Sayanee's attention to details worked really well when doing this particular dance. SInce they were meant to be cyborgs, every movement had to be really pinpoint and her preciseness really paid there.
    You can see the contrast in both dances in the video at around 4:50.

2. Prom no Koibito

if the video does not show watch the video here
    For me what I personally find impressive and really like about NMB choreos in general actually is how creative they get with choreography (kudos to choreographer), like this one is also so unique and fun to watch, and how it just really matches the song.

Another NMB Shirogumi song which has very fun choreo to watch is Doushaburi no Seishun no Nake de, especially when you watch the music video, and they're dancing in the rain.

And actually, apart from that, I also really enjoyed watching from NMB N3's stage song, Hajimete no Hoshi and 100nen Saki Demo. Hajimete no Hoshi in particular.

3. Hajimete no Hoshi

From the very first time I saw them perform this, I really liked it. There was just something really classy and stylish about the whole dance, and I think it's executed very nicely. I also like how the dance in the song has direct relations to the lyrics. This has always looked so polished and professional to me.

Other than that, there's also this may not necessarily be a super hard impressive choreo, but actually NMB's Oh My God is actually one of my favourite choreos in 48 of all time. The movements and actions are so cute, and it's so expressive when it comes to depicting the character in the song. So for me, I guess I look out for more things like that from them rather than technicalities. Lol.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  18. チームさや姉推し

チームさや姉推し Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Haha I see people making the same mistake I did for so long. UZA is not very hard. The moves are, in fact, quite easy. What makes it look so hard is the style. Choreo wise, Must Be Now is leagues and leagues more complex. There's not even a lot of effects like ripples and pick ups in UZA (there's that one at the end but it only happens once) and MBN has that killer barrel jump that everyone cheats, the ripples in the bridge, that weird falling on each other thing Team M effed up, etc
    TL;DR: UZA is muuuuch easier than MBN lol

19. mochichan

mochichan Kenkyuusei

....y u use my jurina gif for this......Escape is hard especially the energetic footworks during chorus. I don't think it's better than MBN bc there's more precise movement to memorize but don't downgrade it by using 2 secs of the choreo while leaving out the rest.....

Agree UZA is overrated on how hard it is. Only the scorpion tail was the hardest.

20. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Nice way of looking at it! I do agree that story based ones are nice. That being said, I don't think most jive with me since the most story based (for me anyway) tend to be ones like Pareo wa Emerald (they even explained it once on Music Japan) and sometimes they end up being really awkward. Your choices are pretty good though!

I don't actually think MBN is more complex, but because of how precise the senbatsu is, they end up looking a lot sharper and more precise. The original performance of UZA made it look like a freaking mess since there was a whole mixture of performance levels so when you view it with only the people who could actually match up to the level required (like Jurina or Tomochin) it looks a lot better than it actually is.

That being said, it is essentially really hard only because of the flow of the movements and that one tail move, haha.

Agreed on both points! MBN is so very precise, so it's really fun to watch honestly. I do think it's getting a glow affect from how recent of a single it is (as opposed to, say, UZA) but at the same time it's a very fun song to watch.