1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Most Underrated & Overrated song?

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by raglandl2003, Aug 2, 2019.

1. supermochi89

supermochi89 Kenkyuusei Studio48 Contributor

Oshimen:
    Mayukirin <3
    Twitter:
    renaimayuyu
    Overrated:
    koirsuru fortune cookie - I still don’t get how this is akb’s signature song....please stop performing this
    Ponytail to shushu - liked it for 2 days and then stopped listening to it
    Halloween night - too plain and not my cup of tea
    Warota people - too loud for me ;-;
    Melon juice - never got the hype over it

Underrated:
    Gomene summer - this is an AMAZING song and I really wish it had like 15+ Million views bc it is just the best!!
    Green flash - these types of songs I absolutely love and the lyrics did make me cry :”)
    Sakura no ki ni narou - another incredible sad song and it’s just a masterpiece, doing art while listening to this is heaven
    Baguitte ijian - another bop, it’s so cute and I adore the mv so much !!
    12 byou - best HKT48 song in existence

Sorry for any spelling errors, but I definitely recommend listening to the underrated ones, I sort of hopped onto this sort of late sorry :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I just thought about it and another song that I find underrated is Saigo no Seifuku. I listened to this song again last year and it's really beautiful... I also checked the lyrics and they're so nice. it's one of those songs that I never heard people talking about, and I don't remember seeing it performed in years. You can read the lyrics translation here, and here's a short live:

if the video does not show watch the video here

<3<3<3

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I think this song Yaban na Kyuai is underrated! For me this is one of the best songs of AKB in terms of dance-focused songs. Sayanee is a perfect center with her voice, dancing and her visuals. The music video is cool overall with the white/red theme! Jurina also looks really cool, and Yokoyui as well! All of them did great in this. I really like how the chorus ends! <3<3<3

Here's the official upload of the short version in case the video above gets deleted!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. zukkybean

zukkybean Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    yaban na kyuuai is one of my favorites by akb! i discovered it from zukky's solo performance during ixr's first stage, it's kind of unique sounding for akb which i really like. and the bassline is so good

• Like Like x 2
  5. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Underrated:
    Seifuku ga jama wo suru
    Namida uri no shoujo
    Keibetsu shiteita aijou
    Overtake (it's as good as shoujotachi yo)

And... most importantly, hanarete itemo. They should have used it to make a cameback last year!! It was so good and timely in comparison to ... (i'm sorry) 365Kami they played it over again and again.

• Like Like x 1
  6. John Jackson

John Jackson Kenkyuusei

I think AKB's most underrated song and my current favorite is Heart Electric because I haven't seen anyone include it among their favorites. I love the gogo side shimmy shake retro James Bond dance moves, the surfing sixties electric guitar licks, and the mix between yearning plaintive vocals feeling pain and the projection of assertive point blank anger with the pistol finger. Also, I think the styling in the choreography and outfits is really beautiful and kind of retro nostalgic in a classic way. It reminds me a lot of Wanted which is my favorite Pink Lady song and has a lot of the same qualities and style of lyrics, yearning to connect with someone so much who is keeping their distance that the desire seems to be mixed with violence, but both songs are really unique.
    Other underrated ones are:
    Kaze We Fuiteru- This one has a mysterious sense of earnest desperation mixed with hope in facing the uncertainty of the future with beautifully yearning vocal melodies and harmonies and fine fluid elasticity in the dances dark beauty.

Kuchibiru Ni Be My Baby- In my opinion, one of their best more recent songs with a really yearning upbeat feel, electric guitar riffs, a catchy melody and soaring harmonies that reminds of their "classic" period with a lovely touch of lower pitch to give it a darker tone. I haven't seen it mentioned as one of their best by anyone even in the top 20 or 30. Looking at any list I made, it seems I have even underrated it. I think it is just as good as Gingham Check for instance.

A little overrated but I still like it:
    Ponytail to Chuchu- I like the song but was surprised to see it near the top of many lists and higher than singles like Eien Pressure or Romance Irane which I immediately liked more but were ranked much lower by so many.

Overrated / Underrated compared" Though I enjoy both songs, I think Fortune Cookie is overrated compared to Baby Baby baby which reminds me a lot of it. I actually prefer Baby Baby Baby because it doesn't have as much cheese factor, it came first and I think it has a better dance groove,

• Like Like x 2
  7. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I heard Kuchibiru Ni Be My Baby again recently (after not listening to it for a very long time) and I thought that this song is actually nice, and yes it reminds me a lot of the 'classic' AKB idol/cute type of songs. I think the mistake with this song is that they made it Takamina center for her final single... There are so many other type of songs that would have been perfect with Takamina as center, but not this one... same for the cute dance moves. I think they should have saved this song for a future release with a young/new center, it would have worked much better. The song itself is good, the intro music reminds me of all their popular summer songs, the dance is cute, the MV is nice. it just wasn't a song made for a big 1st gen grad...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. tamvk12

tamvk12 Member Studio48 Contributor

Twitter:
    sadbness
    I can't think what songs are overrated, but I don't like Melon Juice tbh. For me it's just too noisy and what the heck with the shaking head dance?? It makes me feel dizzy somehow lol. About underrated songs, danggg.. I got so many good songs. I will say Seishun Da Capo as one of the underrated song, people really need to know and hear this song, seriously... This song is the reason why I'm back being AKB fans after quit about 5 years and also become Naamin oshi. :hehe:

• Like Like x 2
  9. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Recently I was listening to Himawarigumi 2nd Stage - Yume wo Shinaseru Wake ni Ikanai, which is my favorite AKB stage along with Himawarigumi 1st Stage - Boku no Taiyou. So many good songs in these stages, actually ALL the songs are good *-* <3 and so when I listened to it, I really enjoyed 'Confession' and I played it a lot more than the rest. I don't think that this song is really underrated? But when people talk about cool songs or cool units, I don't think this one gets mentioned as much. it might also be because this stage wasn't revived a lot... I also only found like 2 uploads of this song on YouTube... and they're both amazing performances, so I'll share them here!

Original line-up (Yuko, Sayaka, Mariko, Tomochin)

Theater anniversary version (Jurina, Sayaka, Mariko, Sayanee)

Both of these are really good *-* I actually didn't know that Sayaka and Sayanee (wSayaka) performed together like this... I love this!!! They're both so cool <3 and generally I think that Sayaka performs this song the best, she's just great >.< all of them are really good in these... also Mariko looked so pretty with long hair (with short hair too). Anyway I love this song!!!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Dokuro3313

Dokuro3313 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Onishi Momoka, Kojiharu
    Most overrated: GIVE ME FIVE.
    What kind of underserving idea was that?
    It frustrates me even more, that Odaeri & Cho Kurena were obsessed with it.

Most underrated:
    Hetaretachi yo. After Mubou na Yume wa..., it was STU48's biggest masterpiece & still wasn't as popular among STU48 fans as any other single.
    It's so sad, as this song is extremely motivating.
    If it's only about AKB48 songs, it would be either IMA PARA or Shoot Sign.
    I almost texted Piriri to Yukou, forgetting, this was a BerryZ Kobo song, as the clothing would perfectly fit to AKB48 or even Hinatazaka46.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. troivabien

troivabien Kenkyuusei

The most overrated: Ponytail to Shushu. For me, it's a normal song. I'm surprised at how popular it is.
    The most overrated: Shoot sign. I love this song. Lyric and melody are so great. MV is so awesome, and it have only 3,3 million views on youtube.

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1