Movie / DVD [MOVIE] Documentary of AKB48: The Time Has Come (14/07/04)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, Apr 6, 2014.

1. wotarubsakb

wotarubsakb Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Twitter:
    lepetitechiot
    how does a 1 minute trailer make my eyes watery already ?! :glare:

2. Deyan

Deyan Member

Twitter:
    MrWeilai
    I don't know who makes those trailers, but they're really good at their job. The music makes it so dramatic, I really wanna see that documentary like now!

3. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

wow, that look Yuko has... :____(

4. fubuki

fubuki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwasamisaki
    do you know what BGM that they use in the trailer? It is so cool but I can't find it

5. kobwad

kobwad Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    The BGM is X-ray Dog: Hope Always

if the video does not show watch the video here

6. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

OMG THANKS!!!!

The documentaries (and the trailers) use gorgeus BGM and I've never found any of it.
    No Flower Without Rain has some touching piece at the end that always brings me to tears. :_(

7. vutt

vutt Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    Why AKB documentaries just have to be mostly about tears.

8. marnchor

marnchor Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyazawasae
    Would be cool but that assumes there are lots of things to expose... There may be... How about a David Attenborough doc? Not implying the girls are animals... But imagine those dulcet tones, instead of describing "the wildebeest, continue to cross the water, unaware they have caught the unhealthy attention of the hungry hyena...", instead "the girls of team 4, continue to perform and sweat, unaware of their impending doom..."

Better yet a Top Gear treatment... Sometimes it all gets a bit too serious

9. Galaxy Red

Galaxy Red Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    I thought some of fans love to watch girls tears. not "S" one though:lol:

judging from the trailer looks like it will be a good documentary. and yuko part is really heart breaking. she must be really devastated that time

10. aratafuru

aratafuru Kenkyuusei

When I watched No Flower' I never felt a sense of sadness that Acchan was leaving... I just felt like it was the natural order of things. When I see Mariko in the new trailer or think of Tomochin or Sayaka... I don't really get sad either. I did cry watching Acchan break up as she sang Yume no Kara at Tokyo Dome, but not because it was sad, but mostly because it was just so beautiful to watch. But when I think of Yuko leaving... I get sad for some reason.

11. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    ^I think it's because when Acchan left we had that sense of "there will be change, but we can continue because we have the other 1st and 2nd gens still here" but after every big graduation like Mariko's, Tomochin's and Sayaka's, we started to lose that thought of "its going to be okay" and started to think more "where will they go from here?". Yuko is essentially the second to last pillar holding what connects the past AKB to the present along with Takamina, so when she announced her graduation it just feels sad because we know that "past AKB" chapter will truly be coming to an end. Well, that's how I see it anyway xD

12. kimunlimited

kimunlimited Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
    You know too much already, stop reading between the lines, you won't enjoy it much when you watch it in full.[hehe]

Idols are perpetually expected to smile and to see them in tears connotes something cataclysmic, and movie goers seem to like it like that.

Well they do define documentary film like this:

13. fluffy

fluffy Kenkyuusei

The reason why Yuko leaving is such a bummer is because she was easily the best all around member in the group. She was a great theater girl, a great actress, a great variety show person, a great performer. She was everything that every girl in the group should aspire to be. And she did it all without ever holding back and never showed a moment of hesitation.

Maeda was a great ace. But she had that reluctant personality. She was the kind of girl who did it because she had to. Yuko did it because she could and wanted to. It is the difference between talent and effort.

14. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Great actress? Hmm...

15. fluffy

fluffy Kenkyuusei

I think she is pretty great. I have a feeling we will be seeing her pretty often over the next few years in dramas and movies.

16. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    I can easily says she is one of mediocre (or even below mediocre) actress. And sadly, actress of her generations and ages are kinda far more recognized and talented than her. She does not act but she only display a series of emotion and for most of the time she is overacting. I can see she is acting in few more dramas as long she is branded as "ex AKB" but she can`t bring any rating either.

17. fluffy

fluffy Kenkyuusei

That seems to be a pretty harsh assessment. She has spent a long time acting like a goofy person when it really seems like she is more calculated and serious. I think her non-plussed attitude is some of the best acting out there when the "real" her is hyper competitive and extremely serious.

18. xcrossfacekillahx

xcrossfacekillahx Member

Oshimen:
    hondahitomi
    Twitter:
    crossfacekillah
    ^ But it can't be helped that you have to see her act in a drama and compare. It's passable in AKB but outside that it's not. You've gotta see what she lacks in and improve on that. You are to stay on top if you're really good enough compared to the rest but if not then you'll fade in a few years down the road.

19. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Yes, I agree with @unwanted. I actually said that I will be expecting to see her in more dramas ahead(in case someone miss it). Her acting is inadequate to be a proper lead actress and to make her own drama successful. Unless she pulls off a Kimutaku way. Notice that Kimutaku has always acted the same way regardless of his character; I admit he really has the charisma and he is one of my favorite idol-actor though he cant act properly. And Kitagawa Keiko is still getting drama despite her acting (and obviously fake crying). There is actor and actress you cant hate despite bad acting, at least to me. But Yuko to me doesnt belong to that category.
    I admit I am rather critical in this because I dont find being an idol actress an excuse to get a role despite mediocre acting. And I have been following dramas even before I know (or like) AKB. Faking a chara is not easy but doesnt mean it guarantees that idol that can fake a chara can act. I mean, many idols fake and hide their chara. I dont buy that argument. As I have said before,Yuko doesnt act. She just display series of emotion. She can show she cry, she is touched. But the way she does things and deliver her expressions are similiar in almost every drama. From Angel bank, Galileo 2, Renai dekinai, to Kaeru no ojousama. She acts the same way. There are many actresses and actors who are magnificently acts different way despite the similiar characters the role has.

Dont get me wrong, she is probably a great idol to some, but to say she is a great actress is just... very wrong.

To act is to forget your own self and put on a mask of the role that you are going to act as. Thats probably too ideal but it is obviously true.

PS: kitagawa keiko actually starts her acting career with a promising acting. She does quite a good job as a starter in Sailor Moon Live adaptation. No, her crying doesnt look fake as how it looks now. She didnt overact either. At least its tolerable. But somehow she had gone the wrong way. Her acting is now.... worse than in her old debut days. Its the reverse to Ueto Aya or Ayase Haruka and many other actress.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2014
  20. SakuWan

SakuWan Kenkyuusei

@souchan48
    "There is actor and actress you cant hate despite bad acting, at least to me. But Yuko to me doesnt belong to that category."
    This sentence just show me how bias person u are. You are acceptable for ur fav to be bleh in acting like that Kimitaku; however, you are not for Yuko :whistle:
    You are pretty much hypocrite. Therefore, I don't think u even in the position to judge her fans or whether Yuko should or shouldn't continue being an actress (or deserve it). I actually don't want to jump in, but u are obviously being unfair to her...

Last edited: Apr 26, 2014