1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

MUB48 & DEL48 News and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Dec 27, 2017.

1. babadook

babadook Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Pupe
    Is the MUB48 site down for anybody else? Both sites were actually down for a bit when I tried to check them yesterday after applications ended but when I checked this morning DEL48 was back and MUB48 was still down (and is still now).

2. naamincenter48

naamincenter48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Asai Nanami
    Yep, it's down

3. babadook

babadook Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Pupe
    New Q&A Instagram post
    Summary:
    -Those who have been accepted for the first round have been contacted
    -Songs will be in Hindi
    -MUB48 auditions will be some time after these
    -Final selections are currently scheduled to be in September but it may take longer due to the high number of applicants they received

• Informative Informative x 7
  4. naamincenter48

Oshimen:
    Asai Nanami
    The girls I know who auditioned didn't receive the email :(

5. babadook

babadook Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Pupe
    There was an Indian cosplayer I started following on Instagram because she said she applied, but she just announced she wasn't accepted. I feel kinda bad for her but it seems like she's going to try again once MUB48's auditions roll around.

• Like Like x 1
  6. onego123

onego123 Member

She shouldn't announce it next time. I know that that was a rule with CGM's audition so there's a good chance that it applies with other sister group auditions too. Incase future applicants are reading this if you audition or plan to don't post anything on social media about it, not just because it might be an unspoken rule, but because if you do make it and may have posted something in the past that could be seen as scandalous(photos with exes, posts that feature you using curse words, etc.) you're giving people the opportunity to download and screenshot everything for future use. Delete abandoned social media accounts too.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. naamincenter48

Oshimen:
    Asai Nanami
    I hope she gets accepted then. I wonder how many rejected girls will audition for MUB, I hope that my friends also audition, although they are still sad an pesimistic.

Actually it is really sad to see the comments of the girls asking for another opportunity.

Mod note: Do not double post. Wait for 24 hours or someone else to post or just edit your first post. See the rules thread and the ongoing discussion in the S48 feedback thread.

Some selected girls commented on ig that they got selected... Do you think that will affect them?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2019
  8. onego123

onego123 Member

Oh heck yeah. During SGO's 1st gen audition some of the girls that passed the 1st phase revealed it, and got eliminated immediately. During CGM's audition they stated that anyone that revealed that they passed the first phase would be disqualified too.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. welp

welp Next Girls

But, if she has dirt, it will be dug up anyway if she can debut. And, it will make louder buzz and lead to early graduation. Deleted accounts/newly created account can be suspicious.

Depends on the announced regulation. I remember MNL applicants being eliminated for addressing about the application as such action had been announced forbidden. I highly doubt DEL is a special case without such prohibition though.

A girl who can't even comply with this basic regulation is prone to break more regulation in the future.

10. TNAmarkFromIndia

TNAmarkFromIndia Kenkyuusei

Will be interesting if the groups have any Northeast Indian members that share more features with East/Southeast Asians.

11. vshav

vshav Member

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Kotoko
    MUB48 and DEL48 logo is so aesthetics! So simple but beautiful. Very very glad they changed the name MUM to MUB. Would be fun to see cultural mixes. This is AKB group first time crossing over to anything other than South East Asia. SEA is very well-acclimated to Japan's pop culture and they have our own sets of otakus that these international 48 group can keep the AKB image with only a little tweak. India's entertainment industry is a who different ballpark so it would be fun! Seems like they are in better hands right now

It could be that was the idea of AKB48 beforehand. A platform for their talents to go multimedia.

However I see that Nogizaka46 does what you said better. I guess Sony's corporate culture and involvement in various channels of entertainment world (and perhaps a certain prodigy named Ikuta Erika) made them set up for the road better. The rest of the Sakamichi group hasn't come close yet.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. akboa96

akboa96 Kenkyuusei

Some of the girls commenting on the Instagram Q&A post saying they are selected look like they might be North East Indian.

13. Odd_Cinderella

Odd_Cinderella Next Girls

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    I really do hope those girls don't get punished?? It would be sad that they wouldn't be able to reach their dream. :cold: again

14. welp

welp Next Girls

If they did breach the secrecy regulation, they don't deserve to debut. What if they leak info that is meant to be secret to surprise fans? Or, even other members' private info?

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. onego123

onego123 Member

It's sweet of you to care, but it's really their own fault. Approximately 4,000+ girls applied, and a rumored 120+ passed so the fact that nobody else that passed the 1st phase said anything should've been an obvious hint to the ones that did. Their comments have been up for quite a while now(which means deleting them is useless), and YKBK is a new company so odds are someone from management is running all of their social media, has seen their comments, and has reported to whoever they need to have them eliminated, but don't they know it yet.
    Also I think they knew that they shouldn't be doing that too, because you notice that instead of saying it outright they're asking what they need for the 2nd phase. If they genuinely wanted an answer to their question what they would've done is emailed them, and or at least sent a DM asking.

16. Odd_Cinderella

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    Oh ok. That makes sense, @onego123
    @welp I mean, yeah, I guess? But, I dunno. I still think that's really harsh. Then again, like it was mentioned before: it happened with MNL as well. :(

17. Odd_Cinderella

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    This was nice of DEL48 to upload on their YouTube Channel:

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 1
  18. babadook

babadook Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Pupe
    The official instagram has announced Deepak Nandal has joined the DEL48 team as a producer. He has previously worked with many other Indian artists. His website can be found here if you want more info on the guy. He also said the following on his own instagram;
    According to the current schedule on the DEL48 website, the final round of auditions should be over and the winners should be receiving word by next week.

• Informative Informative x 5
  19. Odd_Cinderella

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    Wow. I feel stupid. I missed the comment where the songs will be in Hindi. This is going to be fun. And nice on the Producer acquirement!

20. babadook

babadook Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Pupe
    DEL48's social media just announced the "next phase" of auditions are to be held this weekend in Gurgaon. They never updated the site schedule) to reflect this (though I don't think it's been updated once since launch) but they did mention in a previous post the auditions might take longer than what's on the site so it makes sense.