1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

MUB48 & DEL48 News and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Dec 27, 2017.

1. Krypton Radiation

Krypton Radiation Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    xuchenchen
    @BadIcecream @TNAmarkFromIndia In India, can women wear skirts and short clothing? Many AKB girls' uniforms are short.

I was watching this game and the athletes from India are wearing a more loose and long shorts.

if the video does not show watch the video here

2. TNAmarkFromIndia

TNAmarkFromIndia Kenkyuusei

School uniforms for girls in India are skirts much like that in Japan. When it comes to short clothing, it depends on the city. If it's a metropolitan city, you'll find a lot more women wearing short clothing than a less developed city.

The clothes the athletes are wearing in that video are simply generic sports apparel provided to them by the federation because they have no kit sponsor. Cheap sports clothing like that is pretty common in India and can be used for a variety of sports such as football and basketball, besides volleyball. There are female athletes in India that do wear short clothing, such as tennis and badminton players.

[​IMG]

When it comes to on-stage performers, it's not really a big deal if they wear short clothing.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2018
  3. Krypton Radiation

Oshimen:
    xuchenchen
    Got It!
    But watch this video, I think MUM48 members will not wear short clothes like this.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
  4. TNAmarkFromIndia

That dress isn't that short or revealing for it to not be worn on stage.

I think you're making out India to be way more conservative than it is. Here's a few performances I found with women wearing skirts:

5. Krypton Radiation

Oshimen:
    xuchenchen
    I did not know this, I thought India is a conservative country! Thank you for the informations.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
  6. Odd_Cinderella

Odd_Cinderella Next Girls

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    What I always found interesting was there were Spanish or Brazilian Soap Operas/Telenovelas which took place in India....I wonder if there will be some songs in Spanish too?

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
  7. TNAmarkFromIndia

Dug a little deeper and found out that there was a Japanese idol by the name of Haru that spent 6 months in India to spread the Japanese idol culture in India. She even performed a few small lives and shot her own MV here.

Check out her YouTube channel and Facebook page for videos and posts of her time in India. Pretty interesting.

8. BadIceCream

BadIceCream Member

Oshimen:
    Sugai-sama
    tbh, Bollywood can some times be a lot more sexual than 48G. People usually don't complain about it (except maybe the older generation), unless kids are involved, like in the case of Pehredar Piya Ki lol

9. Rivaan

Rivaan Kenkyuusei

I've just liked her FB page. She's quite admirable in her goals. I found her last (English) post in December to be an interesting read :)

10. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    From the movies I've seen and from what I've been taught in Cultural Studies is that Bollywood (movies) tend to sexualise the men more than the women. You know, they're often shirtless, very muscly and strong but also very emotional (big contrast to the strong hero in American movies). I've rarely seen any Bollywood movies that sexualise women very much, but then again I wouldn't consider myself an expert in this field

11. BadIceCream

BadIceCream Member

Oshimen:
    Sugai-sama
    They do that a lot and definitely more than men. I don't know if you have watched the music videos of the so-called "item songs". Check them out (if you haven't already), especially the ones from movies released in the 2010s like Ragini MMS 2, Race 2 or anything with Sunny Leone in it. For most Bollywood fans here, soundtrack and music videos are more important than the actual movie. So, yeah.
    By the way, some girls were sort of bullied because of their names and there were also reports of suicides like this, thanks to popular item songs like "Sheela ki Jawani", "Munni Badnam", "Chikni Chameli", "Radha", etc.
    As for the male actors being shirtless, I guess that's usually for show-off during fight scenes, which are a norm for most Bollywood movies.

12. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Thank you for teaching me more about the matter, I really appreciate it and I also read the articles you linked just now.

I would still argue that being recquired to have muscles and then take off your shirt during a movie serves to sexualise them. Something being a norm doesn't mean that it's not sexualised, in my opinion. Slim women in bikinis at the pool side at a rich man's house are the norm for a lot of American hip-hop/rap music videos, but that doesn't mean the women aren't sexualised

13. TNAmarkFromIndia

Men are definitely sexualised in Bollywood the same way women are, though from a male point of view I never thought of it that way before. You'll even find the established 50-year-old actors working out to achieve those six-pack abs nowadays. It's not necessarily just for fighting scenes as BadIcecream posted above, but also in MVs, or in beach scenes or just to look good in general. It's definitely given a boost to the gym culture in India.

I did think that in a recent film called Befikre, the male actor was sexualised more than the female actor, to the point where he even showed his bare ass on screen.

14. BadIceCream

BadIceCream Member

Oshimen:
    Sugai-sama
    You guys are right. However, I personally know very few people (regardless of gender/sexuality) who think of shirtless male actors in Bollywood movies in a sexual way. It's usually the "item girls" they're into.
    This might not be necessarily true but from what I notice in people around me, fans of male actors tend to like them more for their faces and/or talent as actors than their bodies, unlike fans of female actors.

15. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I think this has a lot to do with psychology, but I would go very off-topic if I tried to delve into it & doesn't have anything to do with MUM48 in the slightest :^^;: I guess I could find my way to link it to MUM48 somehow... but, oh well.

16. TNAmarkFromIndia

This was probably India's first (and last) real attempt at a boy band. Literally called "A Band Of Boys".

17. TNAmarkFromIndia

MUM48 OFFICIALLY LAUNCHED IN MUMBAI

[​IMG]

That's what they're promoting MUM48 as. It's trending a bit on Twitter so look out for posts, pics and videos of their launch party. It was attended by a bunch of television personalities. The focus though was more on chief guest Shilpa Shinde who just won Big Boss (Indian version of Celebrity Big Brother) a couple of days ago. So it is most likely they were waiting until she got out of the house in order to get more publicity for the MUM48 launch event.

News articles:
    ABP News
    SpotboyE
    Bollywood Life
    Just Showbiz

Videos:

https://youtu.be/IXiBm-71ByA
    https://youtu.be/PfA034f_buE
    https://youtu.be/xEZ315EtvcE
    https://youtu.be/dW-1HTOo-Zc
    https://youtu.be/MDbLP1ygvCM
    https://youtu.be/2UrSxy-3lt8

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
  18. jurina<3

jurina<3 Kenkyuusei

Ooh this looks exciting! I wonder who the Japanese couple was, AKS Representatives?

19. TNAmarkFromIndia

Don't know who they are exactly, but yeah, they were AKS representatives.

20. BadIceCream

BadIceCream Member

Oshimen:
    Sugai-sama
    After reading the tweets and comments, should I be worried that everyone's like "We love/missed you, Shilpa" OR "*insert comment about feminism*" and almost no one's curious/talking about MUM48 or AKB48 (excluding fans ofc)? :^^;: