1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

MUB48 & DEL48 News and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Dec 27, 2017.

1. onego123

onego123 Member

I remember after SNH's 1st gen was announced there were rumors like that going around so your question isn't dumb or rude at all. Ultimately it's one of those situations were we just have to wait and see when they have 1st gen members. After becoming members fans usually do dig a little into their backgrounds, and past. It's how we learned that BNK's Cherprang use to be a cosplayer, and that several members across all the groups use to be child actresses, and models.

• Like Like x 2
  2. NoxDWN

NoxDWN Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    NoxDWN
    Thank you for the answer @onego123 ! I'll be waiting for their debut then :)

3. BadIceCream

BadIceCream Member

Oshimen:
    Sugai-sama
    Unfortunately, yes. More in villages and towns than in cities, though.
    Well, there's a different kind of discrimination (and problem) going on, much like reverse racism but maybe worseーcaste-based reservation in education and employment as well as other unfair benefits.
    I wonder if it's okay to phrase it this way but um... in towns and cities, government-sanctioned discrimination against the general category/upper castes is more pronounced than actual discrimination against lower castes. The situation in villages is different in that there are hate crimes against lower castes, inter-caste marriages/relationships are frowned upon, people still believing in/practicing untouchability, etc. However, it might not be the same for every village.

Here are some things to consider:
    • The school I went to awarded ₹ 10,000 to ST (Scheduled Tribe) students whose overall percentage (in all subjects) in the final year (= 12th grade) was over 80% and ₹5,000 for 95% (=CGPA 10) in 10th grade, but nothing for general-category students. Heck, they even got money for barely passing on to the next grade. If I remember correctly, they also had free medical check-ups which others didn't. I'm not sure about SC (Scheduled Caste) students, though.
    • No matter how poor a general-category person is, they need to pay taxes and other fees. On the other hand, a super-rich ST person is exempted from income tax (unless they voluntarily choose to pay).
    • This is from the IISc (Indian Institute of Science) website: upload_2018-5-13_14-6-8.png
      JEE and NEET are entrance exams. GN = General, OBC/ST/SC = so-called deprived lower castes.
    • I know general-category people who don't get promotions at their jobs despite years of service because those positions are occupied by (junior) ST and SC workers.
    • Almost every day, there's drama in a different part of the country, like schools and offices remaining closed because of another caste demanding reservation and protesting on the streets.
    In my opinion, this caste thing shouldn't be a problem at all. They could just do away with this stupid system and that's it. Really. But thanks to some greedy politicians and caste-obsessed people, there is discrimination at every level and it won't go away anytime soon.
    Sorry for the wall of text. I really hope I don't offend anyone (since this is a controversial topic).

Anyway, I wouldn't be worried about MUM48 management discriminating AGAINST girls belonging to a lower caste. Mainly because, they're in a city like Mumbai and it's just an idol group we're talking about.

Last edited: May 13, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  4. NoxDWN

NoxDWN Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    NoxDWN
    Really thank you for all those information, I learnt a lot and it was really interesting !
    I hope that this system will fade quickly so people can stop suffering :(
    Thanks again !

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    I just found out that an Indian fantasy film titled Baahubali is pretty popular in Japan. Could it help MUM48 gain fame?

Last edited: May 16, 2018
  6. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

7. Shinga Kurukato

Shinga Kurukato Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    ALiMiRe (عليمير عبد الرحمن)
    sorry :^^;:

having two groups starting with 'M' is kinda confusing

8. TNAmarkFromIndia

TNAmarkFromIndia Kenkyuusei

It's more a problem in villages than in cities like Mumbai.

I heard that too, but it's still a pretty niche following that film got in Japan and I'm not sure if there's much of a crossover between that and idol fans. I don't think MUM48 will be very popular in Japan but I also don't think it needs to be. It needs to be popular in India.

• Useful Useful x 2
  9. Odd_Cinderella

Odd_Cinderella Next Girls

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    Wow. I thought I shared my ideas? I guess not. Anyway, would "Heavy Rotation" be out of the question for a Debut Single? Lyrical, not MV. I think "River" could be pulled off nicely or what about "Everyday, Katyusha?" So many choices! [hehe]

Last edited: May 26, 2018
  10. onego123

onego123 Member

Rubina Dilaik, advertising the audition. https://twitter.com/official_MUM48/status/993455539840368640
    According to Wikipedia she's an actress, and fitness spokesperson.

On the topic of debut single. Since the angle, Rashmi, is going for is female empowerment I think River, Beginner, Tsuyokimono yo, or Kataomoi Finally would be good

• Like Like x 2
  11. Odd_Cinderella

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    I would be so down for River or Beginner! :cute:

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. NoxDWN

NoxDWN Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    NoxDWN
    ^^^Same, but I think that songs like Shoujotachi Yo, Kibou Ni Tsuite, Kaze wa Fuiteiru or Shonichi are not out of question either. We have so many empowering songs so I hope they'll use all of them along side more "fun" songs !

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. onego123

onego123 Member

If anyone here has a Twitter account I think it would really be worth while to tweet Rashmi, or MUM's official page to get clarification on the age limit because it's been about a month now, and the website still says 13-19, and she hasn't made any kind of post indicating that 12-16 was a mistake.

14. TNAmarkFromIndia

TNAmarkFromIndia Kenkyuusei

Their tweet says it's 12-16 too. I don't know what it is.

Would be actually cool if it's 12-16 though. Let the oldest members stay at least 4-5 years before graduating, if not more.

15. Krypton Radiation

Krypton Radiation Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    xuchenchen

if the video does not show watch the video here
    I cant wait for them to perform DiVA's songs.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. onego123

onego123 Member

That's how long a 20 year old member usually stays.

17. Odd_Cinderella

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    The twitter on the Wiki page is now dead. But, this seems to be the new Twitter?

Attached Files:

18. onego123

onego123 Member

Does concern have a different meaning in India than the USA? On the Twitter bio they call themselves "AKB48's sister concern". Also would like to note that the age limit still hasn't changed on the website.

19. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    In English, a concern is a business, e.g., an ongoing concern (and is also the concern you already know), so a sister concern means a sister business.
    1. a business; a firm.
      "a small, debt-ridden concern"
      synonyms: company, business, firm, organization, operation, corporation, establishment, house, office, agency;
      informaloutfit
      "a publishing concern"

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  20. Megumibex

Megumibex Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwasamisaki
    Is that usage used a lot in India? I'm from the UK and have never seen it before.