1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Muto Tomu (Tomu) / 12th Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by Lariemeeva, May 27, 2011.

1. hermionepj1

hermionepj1 Member

Oshimen:
    Yamashita Emiri
    i don't understand this decision, there is definitely something behind it and i really doubt the reasons we were given, it's a shame but i feel her graduation might come really soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

2. Kappa

Kappa Kenkyuusei

If you don't participate in the SSK you won't be in the single. It's worth it even if you think you are going to rank down not to mention Sasshihara said you get salary increase for ranking up. Not participating just means graduation soon. That is what usually happens before.

3. ayaelectro

ayaelectro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    Well, we should wait for her detailed explanation through Mobame. I hate to speculate something but someone also suggest that she might be trying to focus with the weather forecast exam and it might be hard for her to balance everything, particularly idol works and weather forecast exam. (Or I suppose it is no longer "exam" if she had passed the previous exam which we will know very soon).
    It might mean graduation or it might also mean Tomu wants to focus more on theater shows just like what Yuiri does.

Actually there is one thing that could make her stays relevant in the group which she becomes the Captain or Vice Captain of Team K (probably it is just my wishful thinking especially by looking at how the management treats her. But, with the increasing number of graduates in all teams, particularly Team B, another shuffle is highly likely to occur).

4. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    To think kami7 is almost a shoe-in for her :(

Oh well, we'll just have to respect her decision though it still leaves a lot of unanswered questions.

5. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

Is this the first occurrence? Applying for SSK then revoking the application.

6. ayaelectro

ayaelectro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    Tomu has just sent a long mobame regarding her decision.
    Long story short:
    She had decided not to run on Sousenkyo since last year, particularly since the announcement of High Tension's senbatsu during the Thanksgiving Festival which was a celebration for last year sousenkyo.
    She was confident because of a precious rank which was given by her fans but she was broken into pieces when she heard the announcement.
    She felt sorry for her fans who voted for her and she wonders whether her participation in this year sousenkyo will change everything and she thought it might be better for her fans to put their efforts for other things which is more beneficial.

She mentioned that she is not planning for graduation anytime soon because she wants everyone to let her work harder for AKB48.

7. M4YUYU

M4YUYU Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    Twitter:
    tomutomutomuuuu
    That's a better explanation, but I can see her being snubbed by AKS for good, now, no matter how hard she works, whatever "working harder" in the context of 48G means. I just wish she stuck with her guns and not left us in a bit of limbo past few weeks.

Well, anyways, let's go Tomu, let's see what you got even without SSK!!!

8. hermionepj1

hermionepj1 Member

Oshimen:
    Yamashita Emiri
    Still not happy with this explanation but i guess this is all we're going to get, and we cant ask for more, i think she didn't consider her fans is this decision :/

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

9. ayaelectro

ayaelectro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    Of course she did consider her fans.
    Within the mail she said sorry many times for this sudden announcement especially in the middle of chara ani and sousenkyo concert application.
    She decided to register in the last minute because of her fans encouragement through handshake events and SNS.
    However, she also felt that it might be better for her fans not to spend so much time and money for something that might not change everything.
    She felt sorry for many times to her fans.
    For me, I am glad that she decided to withdraw. It is more painful to see her broken into pieces when it is announced she is not a part of senbatsu. It is also painful to see her remain silent and suffered because she was extremely afraid to make her fans upset.
    But with this decision, I am surprisingly glad for it and feel relieved.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
  10. M4YUYU

M4YUYU Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    Twitter:
    tomutomutomuuuu
    Oh I'm pretty sure that Tomu is acutely aware of how her fans SSK prowess have helped her career so far... hence not being included in High Tension (first majority AKB48 members single since forever) last year was such a huge morale blow to her.

She apologizes to her fans every time she's not included in AKS senbatsu every single time.

11. DivineIdolMayu

DivineIdolMayu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    Overall, I am not really disappointed too much with Tomu withdrawing from the Sousenkyo. I still felt disappointed upon reading her tweet that she has withdrawn, but at the same time I felt it was by the bottom of her heart, especially since she just graduated from University last month. Even though the announcement of High Tension's Senbatsu lineup disappointed her due to her not being included in it, she has still tried to make her mark in AKB and has promised she will not graduate anytime soon. I will still promise to support Tomu throughout the group even if she doesn't participate in the Sousenkyo.

12. CrssA

CrssA Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase

Sad to hear it , she's not my favorite but her perfomance on thanksgiving concert is superb .

Big slap for aks , already broken one of their promising young member.

13. rayanami

rayanami Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oginoyuka
    I didn't think this was possible, but I am more impressed with her now.

14. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Just one? They've broken quite a few more than that. :rant:

15. TheFamily

TheFamily Kenkyuusei

She have a point. Sometimes SSK rank is not relevant unless for bragging right, management's decision is undisputed in the end. Okada Ayaka and Oshima Ryoka did well on last year SSK, and you can see what happened to them now.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
  16. unwanted

unwanted Kenkyuusei

I don't buy it. She had time to think about all that and she chose to apply anyway. Tomu is not one to make rash decisions and she isn't stupid enough to believe that hard work will always be rewarded. Her explanation does not make sense especially since her fans already invested in the election. This does not help her with management and it does not help her with her fans and it does not do anything for the Tomu brand.

17. UrFavAsianGuy

UrFavAsianGuy Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    On one hand, I applaud her for standing up to management. Her not being chosen for High Tension was quite a slap in the face. On the other hand, I don't buy it. She submitted the application and she withdrew? Something fishy happened backstage. More money? Someone in the management told her participating in SSK won't change her future in the group?

With this announcement... I'm becoming more convinced she'll announce graduation soon

18. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    And I was looking forward to see her rank up so much...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Something probably happened to trigger her withdrawal, but her reasoning makes sense.

Like, Dasu ranked 16th and she was EVERYWHERE, and you have Tomu leaping through the ranks up to 10th and ignore her? That's plain rude.

Management probably doesn't care at all about her not participating.
    Her fans would still apply for her HS had she said it from the beginning, so it's not as if they're losing any money. The votes will just go elsewhere.

20. UrFavAsianGuy

UrFavAsianGuy Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    I'm sure they do and that's why she probably withdrew her application to stick it back to them where it hurts the most... $$$$

I won't be surprised if management retaliates by dropping her completely from this point on though o_O