1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Nagahama Neru (Neru) / Keyakizaka46 1st Generation

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 Graduated Members' started by CutePanda, Dec 4, 2015.

1. Akusaiko

Akusaiko Future Girls

Except techi who known as the keyaki center, there are also some really popular members and qualify earned ace titles like Neru, Risa and Yuka that done a few outside jobs beside their groups like modeling, radio. sports and tv variety that makes their groups more well known to public

2. phikr1

phikr1 Kenkyuusei

those days where neru and zumiko were argueably 2nd and 3rd of keya tho (pre zumiko hiatus) :(:(:cry:

3. Ally_

Ally_ Future Girls

Oshimen:
    sugaiyuuka
    I'd say yes. While Techi is Kanji's center, Neru WAS Hiragana ex-center before she got transferred to Kanji. I actually consider her #2 kinda like the Oshima to Acchan but with a wall in between them in terms of public popularity as of now.

4. dedaydor

dedaydor Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ishimorinijika
    I can't say the same for everybody else, but based from my perspective, I'd say yes, she's up there alongside the top girls in the group. When you get the feeling Neru has been given such push in almost the same manner Techi has, then you get the idea how she is seen by the management as an important cog to the K46 machine. Some little hints, like sharing with Techi a solo line (Boku wa yada!) from Fukyouwaon and having solo songs besides Techi and Zuumin, will make you believe so. I'm not even mentioning her ever-growing popularity and visibility.

5. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Neru is probably #2 in terms of general popularity and definitely management has pushed her. They like her and I like her a lot. But they saw her as leader of a "cute" Hiragana (as opposed to the "cool" Kanji), and that was not her choice, so she has to earn back her position in Kanji a bit, I think.

Top members? Techi-Neru-Sugai-Pon-Zumiko-Risa-Rika-Mona-Akanen -- and for me, Suzumoto. That's half the group, lol. With Aoi and Koike rising. In fact, I think all the others are rising behind them: Habu, Ozeki and Nijika are making great use of their time in the front row. And if Techi is not centre, then I think Pon is likely next choice, because of her dancing and singing. It could be Neru, however, depending on the style of the song.

I was struck while watching the Best Hits video that I knew and liked every single member.

@Akusaiko -- Very logical division into generations. In my own mind, however, I basically include Neru as a first-generation Kanji. She joined three months late, but three months, some of it inactive, and five months before their debut single, is nothing. And a "Hiragana" with only one member and no activities isn't really anything. Only Hiragana has two generations, in my mind, especially with Neru gone. I'd be: Kanji (all one gen), Hiragana (gen1-gen2). But your method is more fully logical.

EDIT: The Twitter account for Neru's photobook has now gone over 90,000 followers. source

Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
  6. akbdaisuki48

akbdaisuki48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    hi sorry just log in and um yeah I kinda sub it so don't worry. its free to use and share.

7. SaitoWinterStar

SaitoWinterStar Upcoming Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    Great work, thanks!

8. eve666

eve666 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    suzumotomiyu
    She cries a lot. Her haunted house reaction was funny

9. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Publisher Kodansha has announced that Neru's photobook will be the biggest first edition of a Sakamichi solo photobook ever, surpassing Shiraishi Mai's 100,000 and reaching 120,000. If Neru got even ¥100 (just under US$1) from each book, that would be a very nice payday. And each book costs ¥1,944 (~$17), so I think $1 may be a low estimate.

[​IMG]

10. Meiji Ishin

Meiji Ishin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    horimiona
    Not sure exactly how these PB's work, but my guess would be that the numbers get bigger as the sales go up.
    So something like she makes nothing until it hits 20k then gets 10% from 20k-50k, then 20% from 50k to 100k then 50% for anything above 100k.
    Although those numbers would be based on what the publisher is selling the books to retailer for, not the retail price, so $3-5 less than the retail price.

11. ryuu15

ryuu15 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    saitoasuka
    her PB seller surpassed Maiyan ? incredible ... all hail neru ...

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

12. Meiji Ishin

Meiji Ishin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    horimiona
    It's initial printing is higher than Mayian's initial printing (100k vs 120k), but Mayian had printings beyond the initial one for a total of 180k printed before sales. I doubt Neru will sell more than Maiyan, but she could have the 2nd best selling sakamichi PB.

13. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    it's not the selling but the printing. I guess kodansha is betting huge on this one. They probably have anticipated through fans feedback.

14. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

i hope Neru 1st pb will sell well and 120k print is huge quantity. i guess will find out next month:)

Neru will set the bar for Keyakizaka46 and i hope they will hit their target of 100k+

photos of weekly shonen champion No.52 : link

Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
  15. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

I was thinking that they likely have a sliding multiplier factor based on pre-order numbers and timing.

Valuable info about Maiyan's sales. Thanks. I am not going to dismiss the possibility of her selling more than 180k, simply because she is a magic tanuki, and anything could happen. The idea that she would be one of the first to get a photobook involves some kind of magic, to begin with.

16. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Neru blog post: the glories of a very difficult year. "There were many times I thought that if we didn't do our very best, Keyakizaka would be finished." And the year ends with awards, and with appearances on the top shows.

[​IMG]

17. Meiji Ishin

Meiji Ishin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    horimiona
    Maiyan's well north of 200k now, her PB hit that at the end of May.The Mayian PB is the best selling PB since Oricon started keeping track in 2008. They have pretty good idea of what sales will be due to pre-sales. Mayian's PB had an initial printing of 100k then two more printings to bring it's total to 180k before it went on sale and sold 104k it's first week. If Neru stays at 120k expect her first week sales to be in the 70-80k range.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
  18. Akusaiko

Akusaiko Future Girls

yup, taking into account the current situation of 70-80k is reasonable, looking at the PB results of hori, sayurin, wakatsuki, mai and even yoda, it's a bit scared for me to put a higher bars for neru, it's feels like giving a pressure to her

19. glsone

glsone Member

I'm really curious what kind of data the decision makers are seeing that makes them think 120k prints is a safe bet. That is a huge huge number for a PB. The only only one that has come close to requiring that was Maiyans and it was for her third one after she's been a mainstream modeling icon for years. Even Nanase's didn't get such a big printing. I agree, I hope it's not putting too much pressure on Neru for her debut.

20. leocgomes

leocgomes Member Stage48 Donor

Usually the number of prints is based on the number of copies ordered by the stores.