Nagahama Neru (Neru) / Keyakizaka46 1st Generation

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 Graduated Members' started by CutePanda, Dec 4, 2015.

1. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    I agree on this point. She has that kind of appeal.
    I don't understand what it means "The impact of her name" though... It implies she's popular? That many already know her? Just wondering

2. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

• Like Like x 1
  3. SilverCoffee

SilverCoffee Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kitanohinako
    Twitter:
    NeruestS
    I thought I read the link wrong, and its actually stripe-club with an "e".

4. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

I thought it might be an anti-'s desperate attempt to devalue her achievement. "It's just because she's well-known." Which she isn't, really. The book just gets her closer.

Neru blog post: Nagasaki music festival, Kochi Hoshi radio in the Northeast.

[​IMG]

5. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    Ah, I'd never guess it was implying a negative message. Too bad for them though. I don't see Neru lose media and popular appeal anytime soon. If anything antis better resign themselves to the fact she'll keep gaining popularity. Tzk! :glare:

6. plus1plus1

plus1plus1 Kenkyuusei

I think they mean her name, Neru, is unique and memorable. I read that a lot.

7. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Good point. Probably that. Chinese fans call her 睡睡 shuishui (sleep-sleep), which is like "Sleepy," since neru 寝る means to sleep in Japanese.

But Neru's name actually comes from another kanji 練る with the same pronunciation but a different meaning, which is to refine or train. Things Neru is clearly good at, and does naturally. This is guesswork, but I suspect her mother drove her through her childhood, putting her in things she had to train in, like that after-school enrichment program we have photos of. This might explain why she wanted to get away, and also why she couldn't disobey when her mother came to get her from Tokyo. I believe in going to college if you can, but I can understand Neru deciding that being an idol and a celebrity is a career worth pursuing full-force, with her eyes open for possibilities that may arise. And not going is also about the biggest way she could deviate from her parents' plans, lol.

The first installment of the new Hiragana history feature that has begun running in Playboy says that at the original auditions, on the night before the final audition that Neru was taken away from by her mother, Neru was the only candidate with an "S" grade ("special", above excellent). That makes perfect sense to me, from the bits of her audition we got to see, and from what has happened since. They went to the trouble of getting Neru because they had her ranked at the top of the list. They could dispense with the final audition because they were 100% certain of choosing her anyway. source.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 2
  8. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

@ukifune i wonder how they ranked Neru as "S" rank in their audition. Neru isnt the best dancer/vocalist/rapper and yet she was the only one getting a "S" rank.

must be her Tanuki power :worthy::worthy::worthy:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

I find that aspect of the situation really interesting. I think management must think that the key to being a top idol is not so much technical skill of one kind or another, but something about a girl's personality and ability to connect with the audience. The results of this idea speak for themselves in Neru. Management must indeed know some things that we fans aren't as aware of. When I saw the brief clip of Neru's earlier audition, in KeyaKake #9, where she entered the group, her dance/song movements were simple, but had rhythm and appeal.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. k1s3k1

k1s3k1 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
    It's because shes cute.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

11. recursive

recursive Kenkyuusei

Oh, please... be considerate
    don't spoil the answer so easily.

12. Akusaiko

Akusaiko Future Girls

Miracle 9 is so amazing with neru:blush:

13. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

4-18-2018 Miracle 9 (Neru cut)

if the video does not show watch the video here

Neru pb sold 1,733 copies and ranked 4th place (total : 169,586)

full show

if the video does not show watch the video here

backup

http://48videodouga.net/video/7236

Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
  14. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

On Miracle 9, she defeated several opponents in a row. People on the show said the youngest there (Neru) was doing everything. Her team did end up losing, but Neru took another step toward being a total regular on the show. Take a look at that first video posted by @CutePanda.

By the way: lots of people are cute. Not many sell 180,000 photobooks. Neru has tanuki magic.

More magic: Neru is on the cover of the Nagasaki monthly official info/tourist magazine. It's given away free at city offices, libraries, etc. This issue includes pictures, story and interview with Neru. No magic so far....

But it turns out that copies of the magazine have been turning up on auction sites. The city says that resale of the magazine is forbidden. But the mags keep being put up for auction. They apparently go for a few hundred yen (i.e., a few dollars).

A city representative says this is particularly odd since you can download a pdf of the magazine on the city's official site. Here.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
  15. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. SunlitZelkova

SunlitZelkova Member

Oshimen:
    Koike Minami
    Hard core fans (I can't recall if there is a better term. Followers of the queen? Members of the tanuki tribe? lol) probably want the original physical edition, rather than one they printed themselves.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. goratnik

goratnik Member

Oshimen:
    Akimoto Yasushi
    Twitter:
    goratnik
    I'm going to add, that quality of photos in PDF hurts eyes.
    And that practice with forbidding sales is weird, they have ceased ownership of these copies by handing away. I would look at it that way: people want to pay for their promotional material [hehe]:blink:

18. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

@goratnik, @Project 2035 -- All true. And it's not just the hardest-core tanukins who want the original physical object.

19. yousakura

yousakura Member

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteam8
    There more to it than that. She's playful without being childish, sexy but also innocent at the same time and that smile, who wouldn't want to protect that smile. :D

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

20. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    That's gonna be a precious memento in each Neru's follower collection. I understand them. I'd do the same [hehe]
    On the other hand, it's just another proof that promoting Nagasaki through Neru is a good choice.

• Agree Agree x 3