1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Nagahama Neru (Neru) / Keyakizaka46 1st Generation

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 Graduated Members' started by CutePanda, Dec 4, 2015.

1. riduch

riduch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    she joined 4 months late since her mother forcefully dragged her home to nagasaki on the last day of audition, but then reconsider...
    the leaked photos can't be considered as a scandal since it was before joining the group...
    since she joined on her highschool days, had a dating experience is just normal

and about her not getting into first single senbatsu I think the management wanted to keep their words for neru's status as a hiragana keyaki only member. also agreed with crossheart, let's just consider her as a kenkyuusei for now until a new batch of members come hence the real competition begins

Last edited: Apr 9, 2016
  2. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

3. Doodleboy

Doodleboy Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    That's not true. Meru Tashima became the ace of HKT48 shortly after she joined as a second generation member and she centered all the singles even when she was a kenkyuusei.

4. MeoJim

MeoJim Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    obamina
    Strictly speaking comparing her to a KKS would not be the best comparison. Essentially I'm just gonna reiterate what everyone's already said, but Keyaki's in a unique situation in which they've put a label on the the under girls this time, and bringing in a whole group of girls to represent them, even if they're not technically speaking bringing in another generation.

I wouldn't worry about Neru too much though, if HS is anything to go by then she should be in the next single's senbatsu no prob. The only reason she's not in this one is because management wants to keep their word that she's been brought in as an Undergirl, though that doesn't mean she can't be promoted to kanji Keyaki next single

5. richardesu

richardesu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    Neru.......... I love that girl! :blush::mail:

6. Dante

Dante Member

Twitter:
    CurlyUdon
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Crossheart

Crossheart Member

Oshimen:
    Amaki Sally
    Twitter:
    rom_ch22
    What the heck...

I'm a chemistry teacher btw...

• Like Like x 2
  8. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

This is possible, I guess, but the story told on the official site is even more interesting. This has been mentioned before, but here are the full details from there:

It says there that when she went up to Tokyo from her home in Nagasaki for the first and second rounds of the original judging, her parents didn't take it too seriously, thinking she would never pass. But she passed both of those and was going up for the third judging and the final audition. At that point, her mother arranged with her that, whether she passed the third judging or not, she had to come home, and not do the audition, and if they accepted her, she had to refuse. When she got there and passed the third judging, however, she decided that she simply had to go through with it, and couldn't give up this chance to become an idol. She told her mother what she had decided, and the next morning, her mother rushed up to Tokyo and made her come home before the audition.

But when she got home, she was so disappointed that she couldn't stop sobbing. Her father eventually contacted the management to discuss things. Management invited the three of them to a Nogizaka46 concert in Fukuoka (not far from Nagasaki, also on Kyushu). They showed the parents a video of fathers of Nogizaka members, showing how various households, despite their worries, ended up allowing their daughters to participate. After her parents had seen the Nogizaka girls "shining so brightly on stage, singing and dancing," they changed their minds and decided to support their daughter. They asked the management to give her another chance, and it was decided, because of her high evaluation in the third judging, that she would be accepted into the group without a final audition.

But because she hadn't passed the final audition, she could not join on the same basis as the other girls. She would start as the first member of the Keyakizaka46 under-girls, "Hiragana Keyaki."

9. Dante

Dante Member

Twitter:
    CurlyUdon
    Some unexpected turn of event on keyakitte...
    1.jpg 2.jpg mona.jpg

10. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Hmm. Smart girl. She said in her blog last New Year's Eve that this year would be very busy for her since she would not only be working hard at dancing and singing, but also attending cram school, presumably to prepare for college-entry exams.

In her most recent blog post, she mentions that she is on Tsuchida Teruyuki's radio show on Sunday (broadcast a few hours ago). The guests were Imaizumi Yui, Hirate Yurina, and Nagahama Neru. That's senbatsu territory.

Tsuchida Teruyuki 土田晃之 is the long-faced guy who hosts Keyakitte, Kakenai? Neru-chan spent altogether too much of the post saying how much she enjoys talking to him and that she likes him more the more they talk. Like other Japanese hosts, I am amazed at how insulting he can be toward his guests. I guess it's just comedy. He does seem to come from a place of good will.

The radio show is called "Sunday Navel" 日曜のへそ. I think that "navel" here means the mid-point, since the show is on at noon.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2016
  11. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

Neru's stock just keep raising after this week episode of the general knowledge quiz. She did some competition in Nagasaki-ken during high school :worthy:

12. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

I love the radio-name she told Hiratecchi to call her: Okiru. Her name, Neru, sounds like the word for "sleep" in Japanese. "Okiru" means to get up. I think she said she had used it before when she wrote in to radio shows.

EDIT: I just read some stories that she is messaging with Manattan of Nogizaka and they are planning to get together for a meal sometime. Not sure if that came from a blog. Reaction is mainly that they are similar in (a) being smart and (b) having joined their group late. And Neru was apparently already a fan of N46.

Neru's most recent blog post -- from about 12 hours ago -- is a serious post about the Kumamoto earthquake. Kumamoto is not far from her home at Nagasaki. She advises people in the quake area to get in touch with their neighbours, to unplug electric plugs they don't need to use, to open windows in case there's a gas leak, to watch out for fire and be prepared for aftershocks, etc., etc. And she says she is praying that everyone is okay. She's like an emergency preparedness warden. Good stuff.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2016
  13. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Neru the Nogi-ota. This appears to be a pic of her with a friend, holding an Itou Marika banner. No info re date or how it got out (except that the source I found it at shows a twitter post from January). I wonder how that friend feels now, besides pretty weird. Geek makes good.

344534.jpg

14. jujuchuu

jujuchuu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    itomarika
    that's soo cute! Neru has become one of my favorite members ^__^

15. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

I've read a thread from somewhere (maybe 2channel) where a few people say they don't trust Neru, and think she is scheming. I don't actually believe that, and this video of the first performance of Silent Majority confirms that feeling. It gives a bit more of the scene where Yurina looks so nervous she's about to cry (in another video, she crouches down on the floor and says muri, muri, muri - "no way, no way, no way"). We see Yurina and Neru embracing and Neru seeming to whisper words of encouragement before they both shout out determination and Yurina heads for the stage. Neru looks like a captain.

if the video does not show watch the video here

The rest of the video shows details of their appearance on stage for that first performance, and the special pre-show video people were shown.

Another image that makes her look pretty trustworthy to me is this. A girl from the sticks:

90f28a9b.jpg

16. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

Last edited: Apr 18, 2016
  17. miyako-dori

miyako-dori Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mukaichimion
    How cute! I think she's a member of tanuki.
    kojimako
    naanya
    sayaya

18. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Cute little ascii-art graphic that shows up from time to time in Neru's 2channel thread:

nerunerune2.JPG

The Japanese is neru-neru-ne, which means "Neru's going to bed, eh".

In the 2channel thread about who should be captain, a number of people think Neru is smart enough and well-spoken enough to do it. Some people think she speaks too slowly and uncertainly. Others think that as a student aiming to get into university, she won't have time. Others think she could be a popular front member and it would be a waste if captain duties made that difficult. Some people over there don't think she's a nice person (some 2channelers take delight in tearing people down), and maybe that the others resent her for coming in late and getting the prominence she has.

From the hints in videos and on TV, it appears to me that (a) she is trying to be popular, recognizing that she came late (giving out hand-warmers at the SiMaj MV recording session; hugging Techi before she went on stage for the first time), and (b) she actually does seem popular with the others.

19. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

20. Crossheart

Crossheart Member

Oshimen:
    Amaki Sally
    Twitter:
    rom_ch22
    That angel cosplay :blush:
    And, that program seems from last year July, at the time of auditions.