Nagano Serika (Serichan)

Discussion in 'AKB48 Members' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, Apr 26, 2014.

1. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    And why exactly did she think she was going to be selected?

I know that wota have this thing of saying "Hey, don't give up", "Next time it will be better", but that eventually does more harm than good. She should've read all the signs and boy there were plenty!

Like, everyone is discussing Saho not being in this senbatsu. But if she wasn't in the senbatsu a few years ago when she was younger, was within the top-10 (better) of best sellers, with Mogi making it despite being "old", when girls like Nagi and Naamin were always waiting for their chance, what exactly made everyone think that after the big reset and the massive push of the new generations Saho in the senbatsu could possibly be a possibility, especially now that she's about to turn 30?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. x_lambs

x_lambs Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    worklodz
    HaRd wOrK wIlL bE rEwArDeD!

3. Mana

Mana Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

I have to say, Serika's reaction surprised me a little. I didn't think she was really expecting to be selected for senbatsu... I did notice that she's been trying her best, I'm not sure if it was always like this, but I've been checking the members IG sometimes, and I saw that she is quite active on it, she makes efforts. I guess she also tries with other things. I see that recently she did gravure for example.

Anyway, as sad as it is to say, I don't think anything that she could do right now would make her a candidate for senbatsu... and I'm not saying this only for her but also for the other old gens who are non-senbatsu (I think, without counting the girls who are going to KLP or who are graduating, there are 7 remaining of them, and they always get grouped together for one song). That includes Saho, Harupyon (one of my favorites and I also think the same about her as I do about Serika). I think these girls only have two options at this point;

- Accept the situation and just continue theater performance and non-senbatsu work until graduation. This is actually what hundreds of girls did in AKB and 48G in the past, I would say probably around 80% (or more) of the total 48G members in history were just theater girls, non-senbatsu etc. and there are definitely many of them who looked very unsatisfied about it, but also some others looked like they accepted it and enjoyed their time until they quit, and it's a nice thing, so this is an option.
    - The other option is: graduate...

This is probably not an easy decision to make, and I understand Serika's feelings (or other girls in her situation) because I don't think anyone auditions for an idol group, and especially a group like AKB (and for girls like her who auditioned when AKB was at its peak) and expect to have this type of career. They want to be successful, in the spotlight, get in senbatsu, even basic things like appearing in a MV (AKB improved a lot with this and are giving more MVs now but they didn't give it to old gens non-senbatsu). and I guess seeing that girls like Ayamin joined senbatsu for the first time after 7 years since debut, it gives hopes that even after 10 years since debut (or more) someone can get their chance. But really, it's unrealistic... if it's between 'an old gen who's doing decent and doing a bit better recently' VS 'a new gen who debuted now and who hasn't achieved something yet but who has potential' management will always pick the new gen. and we have the whole 17th, 18th, 19th gens as options for this.

I also understand that it might be difficult to decide to graduate, but some of these girls can do better if they graduate and re-debut in another group or if they graduate and sign with a good agency and get good jobs. But maybe they don't always feel confident about it etc. or maybe they're just passionate about AKB in particular.

But yes I really don't think that there's much that these girls can do right now, it just feels too late to have their 'moment' now. This is why I wish that AKB doesn't repeat the mistakes and that for the new gens, every girl can get to experience senbatsu at least once (and with how the group got smaller, it's possible). I don't think there is any 48 group where they tried giving senbatsu to every girl. Not even sister groups that often had less members and never included sister groups. with AKB, it was just impossible in the past, but now things are very different... I think management is trying to do things right for the current new gens, like giving them a good career, it's like a clean start for the group. and the reality is that the old gen non-senbatsu who have been here for so many years, are just not in the plans. It's just very unlikely that they'll get something now.

I'm saying this here because the discussion happened here but I'm thinking of this a lot about Harupyon too since she's among my favorites. well, be it Harupyon or Serika or any other member in this situation, I think for their own good, they should lower their expectations on becoming senbatsu, and try to think of what they can do in the group that would make them happy or satisfied (if there's nothing then that just leaves them with one option...).

4. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    I should note that some years ago Ayamin was included in the senbatsu of one of AKB's concerts for absolutely no reason, leaving out you know who. So it's not something that came out of nowhere. They've been wanting to push Ayamin for a long time but she didn't have the sales to support that decision.

5. Izzy Trinh

Izzy Trinh Future Girls Studio48 Contributor

Oshimen:
    AKB48 Yukirin, AKB48 Naamin
    Ouch I remembered that moment either. It's like OdaEri was there, Nagi was there, Naamin was there, even Mahopyon was there and then Ayamin in senbatsu from out of nowhere :blink:

6. x_lambs

Twitter:
    worklodz
    Based comment but serika should diet. There was some body positive progress among idols during covid and Serika is not even fat but looking at AKB48 senbatsu now. Wasp waist is back (if it was ever gone)

7. x_lambs

Twitter:
    worklodz
  8. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2024 at 1:28 AM