1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Nakanishi Aruno (Aruru) / 5th Gen

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 Members' started by halcyon, Feb 8, 2022.

1. Shima-can

Shima-can Kenkyuusei

I think, Aruno is really simple minded. when other members especially within 5th gen share a moment with her, she will also share back in her blog. when tomitomi share a photoshoot with her, Aruno would share back. Also, when Nagi share two-shoot with her, Aruno also share back. such give and take maybe??

these are some nicknames that other 5th gen members have given... (that i know)
    Kiki : Hamuhamu/Hamuaru (hamster?)
    Terepan : Maruno; Maruru; Maru
    Mikku : Maruno; Maruru; Donguri
    Nagi : Maru; Basketball
    Hina : Maruno
    Aya : Aruru; Maru
    Iroha : Aru
    Sakura : Aru
    Satsuki : Maruno; Maruru
    Tomi : Aruno
    In normal way, I think other 5th gens usually will call Aruno/Aru/Aruru

by the way, I've saw her short interview on Nogifes, and turns out that she is admire Asuka for long. (yet i've already known from 46hours)
    Lol :^^;:
    same personality (Introvert Character), same hobby/habit, "Hitori〇〇", using "Omae", fav dark story. And I think Aruno also has a Sadistic side, the way of talking and the way of laughing with other members

Last edited: Jul 7, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  2. unknownsensei

unknownsensei Upcoming Girls

The nicknames you state is because Aruno swollen cheeks hence the Maru(circle)no, hamster, basketbal etc

3. TAMU

TAMU Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Joe Pesci
    How can you say simple-minded and then talk about her blog next :D

4. redavis460

redavis460 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Forever Himetan
    Have any of the Aruno Oshis here seen this week's Star Tanjou performance? Man! She just blew the lid off the stage with the song she sang (I don't know the name of it, but evidently it's from 1999). Talk about channeling Alanis Morissette vibes; I think even the microphone was sweating lol.

I have consistently enjoyed the experimentation over the life of the Star Tanjou project; we have been blessed with everything from Kubo's beautiful Enka performances to Endo's unforgettable pop ballad covers, all the way through Runapi's mesmerizing vocals and Seira's "Perfect Human" performance (and everything in between). I have to say though that Aruno's performance on this episode closed the deal for me; if I ever had any doubts about her abilities and natural feel for the music, it was put to rest here today. Unbelievable!

• Like Like x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Philosophy Senpai

Philosophy Senpai Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    No Sakamich idol so far (after my kami-oshi Miyu Takeuchi of AKB48) has managed to make my heart pump so hard when I hear her sing, until Aruno arrived. That girl is "almost" there: some proper professional training, given a lot of opportunities during her Nogi years and there: She joins the top of the top (and I would dare say, not only in Japan)!

By selecting her, they did hit the jack-pot...

• Like Like x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Chubo

Chubo Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
    Twitter:
    chubo_chan
    Of course, I have already expected that she would deliver but she exceeded my expectations. The way she can easily learn an artist's singing style and expression is astounding to me. She is indeed a very talented one. From Ozaki Yutaka, Utada Hikaru, Aikawa Nanase, and Sheena Ringo, and the next one would be Hirai Ken. There's no doubt she's the best singer of 5ki and definitely one of the top singers of the whole group.

Going into technicalities, it is very obvious that she studies and observes both the song and the artist first before she performs it. She took time to internalize things. She really channelled Sheena Ringo's eccentricity, the erratic sharps, the lows and highs (tremolo again), the sustains and her control. And her proficiency in English made it complete. As a long time Sheena Ringo fan, I really love her performance up to the point that I replayed the audio over and over again. Oswald's reaction was also my reaction, speechless lol

I'm now curious how she would fare when it comes to duet, but in order for that to happen, they need to find someone of her caliber or else, she'll be the dominant one. She can now easily collab with a real artist and we can expect that she would deliver.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2022
    • Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Philosophy Senpai

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    I guess we'll be watching only solos from Aruno... No match!

P. S. I am starting to enjoy the frustration of those "fans" that disagree to my admiration for that vocal phenomenon named Nakanishi Aruno san! No worries boys and girls... You'll get used to this reality eventually...

• Like Like x 7
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Novakayne

Novakayne Member

I'm on team Runo as well. She legitimately is the best vocalist we've had in the Sakamichi empire since Ikuta, not to mention also having a seriously beautiful appearance and massive amounts of confidence and composure. But since her "Scandal" the fanbase will forever choose to ignore the obvious talent that stands before them. I find it ridiculous myself because we all know if her debut period was unscathed by those rumors this fanbase would all be raving about her and praising her as the next absolute center. Just waiting to see how long it takes for some of these "Fans" to get over it or find another target to hate

• Disagree Disagree x 8
    • Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Jay1

Jay1 Kenkyuusei

Some of her fans must be her former clients when she was sharpening her singing skills at karaoke and selling her "unstained clothes".

• Dislike x 12
    • Agree x 3
    • Creative x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  10. Xena55

Xena55 Kenkyuusei

Out of all the valid reasons to dislike Aruno from her twitter stuff you went with what's defintely not true and also misogynistic af. Congrats!

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    You are really going out of your way to be as offensive as possible, don't you?
    Unless you can provide some hard evidence this is just more idol bashing, you've been warned about that

• Like Like x 10
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  12. Isaac H

Isaac H Member Stage48 Donor

Hello there, fellas. Just dropping by here to give my thoughts on Aruru. These are my personal views, and if anyone feel differently...well, I can only say what I truly feel.
    • As stated elsewhere, I was taken aback when I first heard Aruno's singing...which was during 46h TV. It was livestreamed on youtube and I checked my Slack for some work updates...when she started singing, my reaction was "...waitaminute, did I clicked on some AGT video by mistake??". It was the kind of singing I expected usually from those programs like American Idol or AGT, shows like that. I thought she did very well that day. I was looking forward to see more of her.
    • I'm going to skip over the whole "negative chapter" that followed shortly thereafter. There's enough of that already - better people than myself already commented here about it, so that's that.
    • There's always room for improvement - even for talented vocalists like Aruno. I enjoyed her appearances on Shin Nogistar thus far...and I would love to see more of her performances. I've seen her excelled in ballads, she sang duet with Nanase Aikawa in a more upbeat/rock song...next episode she's gonna sing Ken Hirai's Hitomi wo Tojite...really really looking forward to that.
    • I feel that Shin Nogistar is a great program, not just for Aruno, but for 5th Gen as a whole. I watched the extras/Smash videos and it's nice to see the connection, the interactions between the members.
    So...in the end, do I love Aruno? I love Nogizaka as a whole. I love the group dynamics, how members relate to each other across different generations. I love to watch them grow and develop as performers. That includes Aruno. I recognize her talent. As of this posting, she's a member of Nogi46 - she's here to stay and I will continue to support her & the group for as long as I'm able to. I'm just a tired old fart, I just want to enjoy things at the end of the day. If you dislike her (Aruno), well, there's other members you can root for.

Lastly, I just want to tease @Philosophy Senpai a little. Phenomenon? Dude, chillax...I think calling Aruno a "phenomenon" is a bit much bro~ :) ...just kidding. Enjoy and love her however you want. Besides, to me 'Phenomenon' reminds me of the corny Travolta movie from the late 90s. :lol:

• Like Like x 9
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. Philosophy Senpai

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    This is exactly what I feel my friend!

@Isaac H You're right about my choice of word "phenomenon" - it was on purpose... However I'll call her anything super-duper as long as this would infuriate those Aruno-haters out there! Of course I'm exaggerating, but I can't pretend not to see the huge torrents of jealousy this girl has created among the fans of other girls.

On a serious note though, as I have already expressed 5th gen is a gem on its own. The girls are as close to each other as possible (maybe the way they were introduced, split in three waves and the hard things fanbase said about all of them - because of just two members) have brought them together. This is however precious! Aruno has her own strength and a big one. Hina has another, Nagi has a lot of weapons herself, all the girls are amazing. I just can't stand pretentious negativity against a single member. Some people just refuse to understand that this negativity dillutes to the rest of the gen and Nogi as a whole.

So if anyone believe Aruno (or Hina or Iroha or or or) is meh, I will find her phenomenal. If anyone believe is a rotten apple, I will find her stellar, if anyone is "offended" by having her in Nogizaka, I will call her a Goddess and worship her...

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
  14. Jay1

Jay1 Kenkyuusei

If the pictures, videos, and her past tweets aren't enough of evidence, I don't know what is. Don't need an official statement to see through the "truth & justice"

I have no respect for scandalous girls, especially on the level of Aruno. She has no integrity, dignity, and self-respect. Making endless bad decisions clearly shows her evil nature and bad character. If anyone think she's gonna dramatically change after being popular idol, you are very naive. Girls like Aruno don't change. She is a latent threat to the group.

And remember the more fans Aruno gets, the more likely you are gonna get another Aruno in the future. Some Aruno-like girls will be like, "If Aruno can do it, I can do it too!"

• Agree Agree x 15
    • Disagree Disagree x 7
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
  15. Philosophy Senpai

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    @Jay1

I'll reply to you via your own "signature":...

3. Justice and Truth: So the "pictures, videos and her past tweets and: making endless bad decisions (really???)" are your Truth and based on these, even if true, your condemnation to an 19 year old girl is your Justice???
    2. We on a galaxy the haters cannot visit... Well, then, why are you here?
    and finally, the very best...
    1. Why so serious? Really, why???

P.S. On a serious note, however, I see you oshi Yamaguchi Maho... I had never followed a 48 group, however I am aware of her bad experience in NGT48. I can understand your anger and frustration against her fellow groupmates that did those things to her (and the management that did nothing to support her). However, please, this is Nogizaka. I need say nothing more...

• Dislike Dislike x 5
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Chubo

Chubo Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
    Twitter:
    chubo_chan
    I was laughing so hard when I read Jay1's post. Judging from this guy's profile, seems like this guy frequently visits 48-related threads.
    If you're going to shitpost on a thread that you usually don't visit, make sure to bring in good arguments. Something that could give us a eureka moment. :hehe:

So, you're saying that "all" those pictures, videos, and past tweets that were retrieved online are concrete evidences right? Well no. This is a case of the false dilemma fallacy. This can't be a black-white case because she had 2 twitter accounts. We never get to know which of those are legit from hers since it wasn't disclosed, probably by management's decision. Though she admitted that some of the comments were not hers (and some were hers).

And besides, that's not how evidences work. Evidences need to be verified and verification takes more than "timestamps". Ever heard of metadata in medias? lol
    The reason why tabloids, like Bunshun, couldn't penetrate to your so called "evidences" is because of the Red herring fallacy. "Legit" evidences are mixed with the "not legit" evidences, keeping us away from the real issue.

Strawman fallacy, hasty generalization fallacy, and appeal to fear fallacy. But first, you mentioned about evidences in the first part of your post. Evidences to what exactly? evidence to her scandal or evidence to her having a foul personality? remember that having a scandal and having a foul personality are independent. Do you have any proof that those girls that don't have a scandal, doesn't have a foul personality? Now, if you think those so called "racist" tweets justifies her foul personality, well maybe. But remember that Japanese language is tightly coupled to their culture. What you find as racist may not be racist to them. You cannot read those tweets using the lens of a foreigner. And if you argue that "Japanese are also enraged about her tweets", which Japanese? which wotas? how many percentage? are they antis/trolls?. This could also fall to the bandwagon fallacy. In the world of arguments, that is a narrow hole you're going in to.

Back to the fallacies. Of course, bold claims like this is not logical. Claims like this that are based on few "legit" evidences sounds so bizarre. Just because Aruno made a mistake does not mean that she's the worst villain of this world. So what if you don't have respect? this is not about you to begin with.

Hasty generalization fallacy and slippery slope fallacy. Really huh lol? the burden of proof is too heavy on this one. By all means, this is even an insult to the intellect of the management, who created a 10-year old, very popular Japanese idol group, which we are following right now on a daily basis.

It's useless talking about "truth and justice" to that guy. I reckon that guy doesn't even know what Socratic method is.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2022
    • Dislike Dislike x 11
    • Like Like x 10
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Useful Useful x 2
  17. TAMU

TAMU Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Joe Pesci
    Watching the NST 'making' vids I'm inclined to agree with this. It seems she is more concerned with the singing itself, the technicalities that go along with it, soaking in/embodying the lyrics, over the visual aspects, cute fan service expressions/choreographies. Maybe it just depends on the song? I don't know. We'll see next week when she finally is in a unit, singing a usual idol-fitting rah-rah type song.

(Edit)
    Shin Nogistar EP12 Highlights: (link)

Last edited: Jul 12, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. halcyon

halcyon Next Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    Shibata Yuna
    Twitter:
    halcyon46G
    • Like Like x 10
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. sungjong

sungjong Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Hirate Yurina
    ^
    Love the picture of Aruno with Nagi, my two 5th gen favs ♥
    I didn't expect the kinda dark opening of her blog post. What a strange dream indeed
    Really cool that me and Aruno have the same Sakurazaka46 oshimen, Morita Hikaru.

On a side note, I'm impressed with Aruno's artistry. You can tell that she takes singing seriously. I'm glad the Star Tanjou show exists and I always look forward to hearing her sing.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. Shima-can

Shima-can Kenkyuusei

Why Aruno's Blog always become a highlight in such entertainment news media?