1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Narita Kohina (Kohi)

Discussion in 'AKB48 Kenkyuusei' started by lionel90, Apr 9, 2023.

1. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    [​IMG]

Name: Narita Kohina (成田 香姫奈)
    Nickname: Kohi (こひ)
    Birth: 2004-03-03
    Prefecture: Hokkaido

• Like Like x 3
  2. donjonnie

donjonnie Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Time's up
    Kohi's first Showroom stream!

if the video does not show watch the video here
    She's self proclaimed bad at tech device, so Mizumin to the rescue on explaining what to do with the Live Rankings at 8:42 :^^;:
    Also she learned speaking (and reading) Korean just by watching a lot of K-Dramas!! :blink:o_O
    No formal learning, just self-learning (from 11:15)
    She can't wink properly!

Last edited: May 3, 2023
    • Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
  3. donjonnie

donjonnie Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Time's up
    Kohi sometimes complies with the requests to sing something by her viewers on Showroom.
    Here's clips showcasing her singing skills (48/46 songs) :blush:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Besitos

Besitos Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    IZ*ONE & Sakurazaka46
    [TRANS] 230503 Narita Kohina SHOWROOM

First of all I would like to send gratitude towards donjonnie for posting the video link here, and also to のんちゃん for uploading the original video to YT. I haven’t seen anyone subbing/translating this so I might as well try.

Below are the timestamps where she reads comments in Korean & answers them in Korean as well. Italic parts are when she speaks in Japanese but talks about Korea/Korean idols that I found interesting, OR when she speaks in English (her English comprehension skill is pretty decent as well):

- 4:20 Mentions IZ*ONE Choi YeNa’s drink gag in front of Aki-P during her PD48 audition (PS. I don’t understand Japanese, so can’t elaborate further)

- 6:32 “Coffee, It has no taste(?)”

- 10:00 “(reads Korean comment) who is this?...(answers in Korean) My name is Narita Kohina, I’m a 04-Liner, my Japanese [international] age is 19”

- 10:37 “(reads comment) how is it possible that you can speak Korean?...(answers) I study Korean from watching K-Dramas”

- 10:58 Someone asks what did she and EunBi(?) talk about…IZ*ONE Kwon EunBi? They know each other?

- 11:08 “(reads comment) is it/are you okay?...(answers) It’s/I’m okay”

- 11:40 “(reads comment) do you like kimchi?...(answers) I like kimchi…But I didn’t eat it today”

- 12:49 “(reads comment) your fav food is?...(answers) strawberry, I like strawberry”

- 13:02 “(reads comment) what is your fav K-drama?...(answers) Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo, the drama that IU was in… thank you”

- 13:31 “(reads comment) you are so good [at speaking Korean]”

- 24:23 “hello my name is narita kohina, you can call me kohi…my Japanese age is 19 years old…my MBTI is INFP”

- 25:31 “(reads comment) Kohi, how did you come to like Honda Hitomi?...(answers) at first when I watched PD48, I think she looked so cool. And when she came back to Japan, It’s like ‘ah, so she’s actually a cool & cute person like this’. So she’s both a cool & cute person, imo, so that’s why I like her” (note: this is the longest she answers in Korean and I love how she’s gripping/massaging the collar of her hoodie/tee while trying to answer in Korean, so cute)

- 31:38 “(reads comment) KyoChon Chikin-nim, hearteu…(answers) Thank you~”

- 37:00 “(reads comment) Kohi-chan is cute, Kohi-chan I love you…(answers) DoHyung-nim I love you~”

- 37:56 “(reads comment) Beautiful voice…(answers) Thank you~”

- 41:29 “(reads comment) Your lip color is pretty…(answers) the lipstick is this”

- 44:04 “(reads comment) I love you…(answers) Thank you~”

- 44:11 “(reads comment) HeeTaro-nim, cute bear…(answers) Thank you~”

- 44:44 “ah I don’t like it~ please call me Kohi-chan” (note: I think the comment is asking if he could call her Kohi noona/Kohi onee-chan)

- 45:56 “(reads comment) You speak Korean really well…(answers) Thank you~”

- 47:14 “(reads comment) You speak Korean so well, your face is also beautiful, you’re the Goddess that I’ve been expecting/waiting for…(answers) Thank you, please watch over me/support me a lot, and please love me a lot”

- 49:45 “my favorite animals are puppies & cats”

- 53:13 Mentions how Miyawaki Sakura also can’t wink (though she recently learned how to wink thanks to Mashiro of Kep1er and Tsuki of Billlie), so she and Kkura are the same

- 56:06 “(reads comment) This livestream was so joyful…(answers) Thank you~”

- 56:16 “(reads comment) Kohi-chan, Do a Kohi/Coffee Pose(?)”

- 56:59 “(reads comment) Kohi-chan I love you…(answers) I love ya~”

- 58:18 “Japanese viewers, Korean viewers, Global viewers, thank you so much (for watching)

- 58:31 “Goodbye”

This is from my limited Korean skills, I tried my best translating it.. and imo for someone who claimed to be self-taught through watching K-Dramas, she is pretty good. Especially her Korean-esque intonation when speaking Korean sentences, that is quite hard for non-natives and needs time to get used to in order to come out naturally. I can really see the influence of K-Dramas in that part. Also she pronounced the Ls and Rs nicely because usually it’s hard for Japanese to pronounce Ls, especially when it is followed immediately with another consonant (example when she said “Ddalgi”/strawberry”, she tries so hard to pronounce the ”Dd” and “L” fluently and it paid off, so she didn’t say it like “Tarugi”). She also seems confident/comfortable alternating between “gomawoyo (another version of gomapseumnida)” and “kamsahamnida”, both meaning “thank you”.

And I assume the comments that she answered in Korean, were written in Hangul, so the fact that she can read it that fast (real time comments on screen past by so quickly) shows how hard she practiced reading Hangul. She also has a decent level of comprehension to the questions asked in Korean, while these can also be the ones that she chose to read due to them being the easier ones. She knows a fair number of Korean words/terms/dictions and the way she constructs her grammars in various sentences is pretty spot-on/understandable. Her tendency to say/occasional use of “mwonga” is like when English speakers often say “like”, or when Japanese speakers often say “nanka” out of habit in conversational sentences to explain/describe things. Imo she is pretty confident while speaking it, I think this may be the 1st time I’ve seen a 48G member Showroom being flooded with Korean comments and the member herself answered them back in Korean (apart from the three IZ*ONE J-Line members ofc, and Myao, Takeuchi Miyu and Takahashi Juri maybe). Granted I don’t watch much 48G Showrooms in the past, it’s only been Nogizaka46 members’ Showrooms, so I was pleasantly surprised by Kohina’s foreign language skills on display here. And ofc the fact that she knows/likes IZ*ONE, YeNa, Tomi, Kkura, and EunBi(?) that is a huge plus for me.

Regarding her vocal skill, i really like her singing style after I saw her solo ballad performance on her debut stage. I’d like to someday hear her sing a Korean ballad… one of TaeYeon’s or IU’s perhaps? That would deffo endear to new fans, imo.

In the end, I may have missed some parts that weren’t translated. Please feel free to correct or add things to the post. This is also my first time writing this kind of translation post, so I’m still not sure if this was written properly/made it easy for people to read. If not then I apologize. I was also uncertain of the reception that this post would get, given the flak that Kohina has been receiving in the thread next door, especially regarding her being chosen over a certain sunbae that people think dances better than her, and imo the anti-Korea/KPOP sentiment around these parts. I am still new here and that’s what it feels like to me atm, I apologize if that’s actually not the case. That it’s actually just a few but vocal people who feel that way. I still have a lot to learn.

Regardless, the purpose of me writing this translation & posting it here, goes back to the basic. To share stuff about an idol that I’m interested in, so that people can know her better, thus appreciating her talent and hard work to connect with various types of fans by learning foreign languages, just like Kohina did on her Showroom here.

Last edited: May 7, 2023
    • Winner Winner x 4
  5. donjonnie

donjonnie Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Time's up
    Thank you very much for the translation on the Korean-speaking part! I can't speak Korean, so it's very interesting to see how people who are familiar with the language share the insight on her ability. :)

Ah here she was talking about the experience living in the Shared House.
    The four of them (Kohi, Mizumin, Erichan, and Hotechan) were parodying that Choi YeNa's gag together and having fun:lol:

Personally, I think the translation format is easy to read and clear! I really appreciate your effort in doing that as well! :)
    About the flak... assuming you are talking about that audition show, don't worry, I don't think it's directed to Kohi personally, just people not liking the management's non-transparency.
    Also yeah.. some people are more inclined to voice their opinion so... :fp:
    I believe most of the response to 18th gen has been turning more positive lately as people learned more about them.

Yes! I basically have the same motivation regarding AKB48's 17th gen and 18th gen. We simply should keep supporting what we enjoy!:lol:

===================
    May 6 Showroom

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Besitos

Besitos Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    IZ*ONE & Sakurazaka46
    Likewise, i'm glad i can be a bit of help :^^;:
    Thank you so much for clearing that up! Glad to hear that Kohina and her flatmates are having so much fun together:cute:
    I agree with you, at the end of the day we're all here to root for the girls! So relieved to see that 18th Gen's image is improving~

Oh and regarding that EunBi(?) part, would you care to explain if she really mentioned Kwon EunBi or was i just daydreaming lol

• Like Like x 1
  7. donjonnie

donjonnie Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Time's up
    The question at 10:58 is simply "What did you talk about with EunBi?" to which she answers "It's a secret!"

So this is half-guessing since I'm not subscribed to her mail service:
    Apparently Kwon EunBi was in attendance for AKB48 concert on Apr 29. Possibly because of Hiichan's being there.
    [​IMG]
    And Kohi as a WIZONE was assumingly expressing her happiness for being able to perform on stage in front of EunBi.
    I assume she got the chance to talk with her behind the stage, via Hiichan's introduction.
    She sent the experience in the mail to fans, thus the fans asked the question above.

Aww how lucky of her!:cute:

sources :
    https://twitter.com/6AgagzYHDArjuyS/status/1652537653168832512
    https://twitter.com/6AgagzYHDArjuyS/status/1652354522755502080
    https://twitter.com/48RequestHour/status/1651963078613823489

• Winner Winner x 2
  8. Besitos

Besitos Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    IZ*ONE & Sakurazaka46
    OMG thank you so much! This is just too darn adorable... i hope everything you say really is true haha :cry2:
    appreciate the source links!

• Like Like x 2
  9. donjonnie

donjonnie Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Time's up
    • Like Like x 3
  10. donjonnie

donjonnie Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Time's up
    Kohi was so happy that she was able to talk with Hiichan during the recent offline Hanashikai

• Hiichan actually came to her spot, saw her photo that Kohi brought, also told her that she watched her (Kohi) first showroom where she used Korean to reply!
    • Hiichan praised her Korean too.
    • Kohi had to go home early for a lesson so the meeting was cut short, but Hiichan promised to sign that photo next time!
    • Kohi is so happy about this exchange that she lets out funny voices [hehe]
    • Especially after some fans in showroom promise to send some Hiichan photos as present for her.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Besitos

Besitos Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    IZ*ONE & Sakurazaka46
    Thanks!
    I just adore the cute little panting/gasping that she does in Showrooms whenever she's excited/panicking/in a rush lol, plus her muffled squeal (for example at 1:01 & 2:54 in this video) :cute:

Last edited: May 14, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Comment video for FLASH Special Gravure BEST Early Summer 2023 Issue:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. donjonnie

donjonnie Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Time's up
    Kohi showroom June 10

Kohi had her first experience being a center on POPFES 2023 (Jun 10)!
    She centered Kibouteki Refrain with Yumemin, and she was a solo center in #Sukinanda !

More info on the POPFES setlist, pics, etc here --> http://stage48.net/forum/index.php?threads/akb48-18th-generation.24261/page-11#post-1797832

around 52:00
    In Hokkaido she was once attacked by crow(s) in the park,
    and has developed fear of birds ever since :shock:, automatically covering her head by instinct.
    Even for dove and sparrows. :blink:
    So recently when she saw a fat, round dove on the road she had to use another way to pass :^^;:

Last edited: Jun 11, 2023
    • Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
  14. donjonnie

donjonnie Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Time's up
    Kohi's Tiktok with Yuichi, dancing to #Sukinanda (they did this song for festival event before)
    [​IMG]
    https://www.tiktok.com/@akb48_official_tiktok/video/7254867776236571906

She particularly likes Egg Steamed bread (卵蒸しパン)
    [​IMG]

Fashion from Jul 8-9 Online Event :
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

She did Zenza with Azu on Jul 12
    [​IMG]
    https://twitter.com/kohina_narita/status/1679089825792819200

Clip from Jul 12 showroom

Apparently they still have some reservations on dealing with senpais.
    The bentos for the day are put in the senpais' dressing room, so Kohi and Azu didn't dare to take those.
    Luckily Oonishi Momoka-senpai noticed and asked whether they already had their bento, and encouraged them to just take it.
    Certainly Momochan now got even more likeable points for from her kouhai.:D

• Like Like x 5
  15. donjonnie

donjonnie Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Time's up
    Another instance of Kohi professing her love of Hiichan :blush:

Wearing the clothes that Hiichan gave her (Hiichan has another one with the same style),
    she talks about how she shyly interacted with Hiichan during talk event(had to be pushed by Yumemin, her genmate), and in turn got very warm reception from Hiichan.
    Hiichan recognized her instantly, interacted and even took picture with her:
    [​IMG]
    Even more Hiichan made her Kohi promise to meet again the next day, because she wants to give her some things (the dress, some cosmetics, and Enami Misato photo that Kohi had wanted to print by herself).
    *Enami Misato : Hiichan's character in her 2023 TV drama

After that Kohi went quite emotional and professes her love while crying:
    "I really love Honda-san, I've been watching since I was a student, if Honda-san and IZONE didn't exist, I wouldn't be looking at K-Idol, or even being an Idol myself" :cry:
    Hiichan : *trying to flap/fan away Kohi's tears [hehe]

When Hiichan praises her Korean proficiency, Kohi said:
    "I really love IZONE, if IZONE didn't exist I wouldn't have studied Korean and wouldn't be able to interact with Korean people through my activities"

She's one of us. :D
    And she's living the dream of being close to her oshi :1st:
    [​IMG]

https://twitter.com/hnd_htm__1006/status/1685164779533680640
    https://twitter.com/kohina_narita/status/1687672914701893632

full Aug 4 Showroom

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  16. Besitos

Besitos Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    IZ*ONE & Sakurazaka46
    OMG Kohiii :cry2:
    Our Japan WIZ*ONE prez :cute:

Last edited: Aug 12, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Kohi's new profile picture <3

01.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. otabe

otabe Member

Oshimen:
    soranyan
    I watched Kohi's 100 Q&A video! Here are most of her answers for it :blush:

kohi1.JPG

- Origin of name: She doesn't know :^^;: (Nickname: Kohi)
    - Blood type: AB
    - Height: 158cm
    - She weighs 33 apples :p
    - Special skill: Korean and singing
    - Strength: her majime-ness
    - Weakness: she is very my pace-y and her indecisiveness :oops:
    - Her personality: people say she looks scary at first but once they start talking, she's not scary at all! :p
    - Favorite food: gyutan, oba (that leaf thing), strawberry tart
    - Least favorite food: pudding
    - Favorite color: black, white, purple, blue
    - Lately, she enjoying sending mobame ;) (anyone have it?)
    - She doesn't collect anything (hobby wise)
    - She relieves stress by taking a shower and singing loudly (I guess the other KKS housemates would know :rolleyes:)
    - If she had nothing to do for a day, she would sleep 13 hours :shock:
    - The first thing she does in the morning is... JUMP :eek:
    - What she does before sleeping: think about what she will send tomorrow for mobame
    - What made her excited lately: she talked to hiichan during their hanashikai event
    - What made her sad recently: she had to buy some stuff and only had 40 yen left in her wallet :(
    - What made her laugh recently: she was practicing with miyuu late at night, there was a dance move she couldn't do at all so miyuu to break the tension spazzed around wildly :lol:
    - Her earliest memory: she used to go the library alot as an elementary student
    - Her charm point: her mole on her chin
    - The body part she likes about herself: her cat eyes :cool:
    - Her complex: her height is too average o_O
    - What she wants the most: a car ;) (does she have a license yet)
    - What does she wash first (when showering I guess): her neck
    - What is today's fashion point: her jean jacket because its raining :XD:
    - What if she won in the lottery? build her mom a villa :blink:
    - If she could make 3 wishes: 1) go to Hokkaido with 18ki 2) take a pic with hiichan (they eventually took a pic at budokan) 3) makes senbatsu
    - 3 things she would take on a deserted island: 1) cell phone 2) water 3) hiichan's picture (OK GIRL WE GET IT :^O^:)
    - Favorite song at karaoke: Angela Aki's "Tegami"
    - Habit: when she's nervous, she fiddles with her hair
    - When is she happiest: while sleeping
    - Favorite picture recently: a pic she took with eriko after a concert, also eriko uplodaed it to twitter :cute:

kohi2.JPG

- Food she would eat as her last meal: Pot-au-feu
    - What scares her the most: that she is a human... :|
    - Recent dream: she forget her sign and couldn't complete an autograph :lol:
    - If she was a boy for a day, what would she do: dote on the 18ki :inlove:
    - Compare yourself to an animal: Kitsune!
    - Future dream: release her own song :oops:
    - Why did she audition for AKB: she loves singing, believes in it and wants to covey it to people!
    - Member she admires in AKB: hiichan
    - Member she would want to be for a day: hiichan.....
    - Favorite 48G song: Namida no Hyomen Choryoku
    - Job she wants to try: a project she can sing
    - Her dream as a kid: osteopath...? :wtf:
    - Who's her oshimen, who is she interested in? hiichan............. :hmm:
    - Her ideal female image: a cool woman
    - Her ideal male image: someone that can open her plastic bottles :whistle:
    - What's good about her hometown, Hokkaido: you can hear birds chirping when you wake up in the morning
    - What does she treasure: her memories in her brain :blush:
    - Where do you want to go the most: Hokkaido
    - The person she wants to meet now: hii...chan......... :|
    - What would she do on her last day on earth: go karaoke [hehe] (me too)
    - Comparing herself to a color: black
    - What does she do for beauty care: foam wash her face
    - Capital of Germany: "I DON'T KNOW I DON'T KNOW!! It's Italy!" :^O^:
    - Something she wants to brag about: that she lives with miyuu, hotei, eriko :chuffed: (although now I believe its only miyuu.... :cry:)
    - Tell us a secret: People say she is smart but she's actually dumb :eek:
    - Senior she wants to talk to: Yuiri (FINALLY SOMEONE NEW :^^;:)
    - If your future self appeared in front of you, what would you ask: Are you happy? :cold: (same answer Sae gave :fear:)
    - Something she wants to try: compose (music)
    - How she sees herself in 5 years from now: wants her name and face to be known in Hokkaido too
    - Which member are you closest with: she get along with everyone in 18ki. they are always all together or pair off differently every day, everyone mingles with each other :omg:
    - Who told the results of her AKB auditions: she was on the plane and couldn't receives call. the moment she got off the plane and turned off airplane mode, she got a call from her mom that told her!
    - Something she can't live without: water (me too) :oops:
    - Words that make her happy: if someone called her cool (I did that during our hanashikai :hehe:)
    - Favorite onigiri filling: Karashi mentaiko
    - She's not good with speaking with people she doesn't know
    - Favorite Food: Tomato sauce chicken katsu :drool:
    - Favorite emoji: I assume its the... screaming one o_O

kohi3.JPG

- Her worries recently: no matter how much she cleans the sharehouse (kks), it won't stay clean :^O^:
    - When did she try her best in her life: in junior high, she was manager of volleyball club. she had difficult time managing them :oops:
    - Draw yourself! she drew a :| because she doesn't have a laughing image. she pointed out her puffy chin

kohi4.JPG

- Pose she is confident in... volleyball :shock:

kohi5.JPG

- Show an imitation: something from Spirted Away? :confused: frog
    - Something she is particular with: her way of life :flower: she likes to be different from others. (not a NORMIE :hehe:)
    - Something she tries to do: her personality is pretty dark but tries to be more bright :cool:
    - What she can't lose at: her love of singing
    - Happiest moment of her day: opening her curtain and the window
    - What she wants the fans to know about her: when she is with 18ki, she's the oldest so she acts like an oneechan. when she is by herself, she's different! please see her other side in her showroom! (good promo :approve:)
    - Video project she wants to do: singing project (singing competition?)
    - Words to the viewers: "I don't have much interesting answers but please get to know me!" :oops:

I hope you all got to learn a little more about Kohi :)

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  20. donjonnie

donjonnie Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Time's up
    Wait... Kohi is going back to Hokkaido and getting married??! :shock::shock:
    GC6XHkbawAApWQc.jpg

:p
    Nah, it was just a photo from her "Hatachi no Tsudoi" (used to be called seijinshiki/coming of age at 20 y.o) ceremony-related photoshoot.
    The studio gave a free service to take photo with a dress in addition to the common Furisode Kimono.

But yes she's in her home in Hokkaido for holiday with her family. She laughed a lot with her mom in this Jan 3 showroom:
    ("wedding photo" discussion at 30:55)

With her dog, Uni-chan
    [​IMG]

In 2024, her goals are Senbatsu and also she wants to be a Tourism Ambassador
    Her dad is not into idols, more into HipHop
    Her mom's oshis are Yukirin and Hiichan (influenced by Kohi). Kohi-Mom got the nickname Ebi-chan from fans. (starting 41:21)

==========================
    Speaking of Hiichan, late post:
    https://twitter.com/kohina_narita/status/1738937960224178321
    At the Dec 25 handshake event, Hiichan had her farewell ceremony with fans.
    Kohi wanted to join but it was also the time for her to do handshake with her own fans.
    Therefore later she just cried in the corner. Hiichan noticed and came over after the ceremony was done.
    Pic of Hiichan trying to console Kohi:
    [​IMG]

Hiichan also wanted Kohi to be there at the ceremony, but praised Kohi for putting her own fans first:
    https://twitter.com/hnd_htm__1006/status/1738954218692915242

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1