NBA/Basketball Thread

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by peterthepickle, May 28, 2015.

1. peterthepickle

peterthepickle Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    Any basketball fans out there? Couldn't find a thread about it, so I made one. Feel free to talk about anything related to basketball.

Anyways, I'm glad that the Cavs are in the Finals. Warriors just put the Rockets away, which was probably expected, so the Finals should be awesome. I think that LeBron's gonna be able to stop the Warriors, and finally bring a title back to Cleveland (lol).

Dang, I feel like shooting some hoops now... but I have to go to school.

2. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

<--- Is a fan.

As an Ohioan. I do wanna see Cleveland FINALLY get a championship after so long. But would love to see Golden State win it all as well (giving how awesome they have been.)

3. peterthepickle

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    Hey, nice to meet you! Yeah, Golden State's been playing really well all year long, so I wouldn't be surprised if they win the championships. I just hope that there are some good games in the Finals... the Conference Finals felt a little too easy for Cleveland/Golden State.

Seems like Kobe's next season is gonna be his last. Man, I was still a kid back when he was three-peating with Shaq. It'd be great if the Lakers make a run next year, but I don't feel extremely confident about that.

For those passing through, here are some random clips of some AKB members playing basketball:

if the video does not show watch the video here

if the video does not show watch the video here
    Yui and Juri shootaround from 4:10 to 4:28 in the last video.

4. PointyCrayon

PointyCrayon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Dude, Harden had 13 turnovers in their last game against Golden State! WTF???? Looks like Chef Harden couldn't cook Curry this time. (lol)

5. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

Just passing by to say hello... :) I like basketball, but I follow mostly the European tournaments. Of course I know most of the big names in the NBA, but I have enough with football (my main interest) and the Spanish basketball...
    Btw, a little piece of trivia ... the Gasol brothers were born only 7 kilometers from where I live... ;)

6. tofunoodle

tofunoodle Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikomarina
    yui has her fundamentals down for that layup

7. Kimu23

Kimu23 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    NBA fan here too :) I'm mostly a Dallas Mavericks/Dirk Nowitzki fan.

Anyway for the NBA finals I'm leaning a bit for Golden State to win the championship this season but Cleveland has Lebron so you definitely can't count them out in this series.

8. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

NBA Finals begin tonight.

9. TCS Kennedy

TCS Kennedy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kawamuramahiro
    I predict Cavs in 6

10. JoltFiend

JoltFiend Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    joltfiend
    I haven't really had interest in the NBA in a long time, but I grew up watching the Showtime Lakers. Yeah, I'm old :( I'll still watch the occasional game or two though.

11. kl9391

kl9391 Member

Twitter:
    KsLeep9391
    I swear, Basketball Gods hate anyone who starts against Curry.

12. peterthepickle

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    Ah, I'm disappointed that Golden State won, but at least it was a good game. The Cavs could have won it at the end, but Golden State's crazy depth is probably too much for even LeBron to handle, and the Cavs weren't shooting so well from the three-point line. At least the defense held up well for most of the game. That, and

Game 2's on Sunday. Cleveland will probably be in danger if they don't split the series in Golden State.

13. Kimu23

Kimu23 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Warriors bench was the deciding factor for Game 1 mostly Iggy and A couple of opportunities by the Cavs in the 4th Q but the shots just wasn't going in.

I'm still waiting for the status of Kyrie Irving after the injury, the Cavs just can't catch a break w/ all this injuries.

14. xcrossfacekillahx

xcrossfacekillahx Member

Oshimen:
    hondahitomi
    Twitter:
    crossfacekillah
    I want the Cavs to win Game 2. I have faith in them winning their home games but this one is so important. JR Smith got cold earlier, team needs him to do well. Injury bug caught the Cavs so yeah others gonna step up.

15. True_Beginner

True_Beginner Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayanagiakane
    Too bad for the Cavaliers, if Irving is injured this series will be most definitely in the Warriors' favor.

Not counting Lebron out though, Golden State has had games where they tend to go cold and end up relying on their defense to stay in it.

The only thing I didn't like about the playoffs this year were all the injuries, way too many of them and we didn't get to see what could of happened with more level competition. The Warriors are fortunate to be healthy, not end up facing the Spurs or Clippers, and played the first two rounds and finals against beat up teams. They got their breaks this year, but that doesn't take away from how fun they are to watch, especially Stephen Curry.

I'm a Pistons fan, but I've been rooting for the Warriors to win it all since the playoffs started. Go Warriors!

16. tofunoodle

tofunoodle Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikomarina
    Irving is having season-ending surgery

17. PointyCrayon

PointyCrayon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    If Irving's out, then Cleavland will need to really be on-point if they wanna win

18. Kimu23

Kimu23 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    yeah just saw it today tough blow for the Cavs, Shumpert or Dellavedova will probably get to start at point

19. peterthepickle

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    Cavs won! It was a tough, defensive game, but they managed to pull through in OT. Cleveland as a whole made less than 33% of their shots, which is pretty worrying, but they managed to hold off a late Golden State rally. Looking forward to the next game!

20. Kimu23

Kimu23 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    That was an intense game Cavs really grinded out this win also props to Dellavedova for making Curry having a horrible shooting night.