1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

NBA/Basketball Thread

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by peterthepickle, May 28, 2015.

1. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

I've read that Mr. Blatt and King James didn't get along too well.
    The funny thing is that great players usually go to the NBA from an important european team but this time he was playing in a 'bad' one when he was here in Spain.

2. peterthepickle

peterthepickle Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    Yeah, I heard that too. To be fair, coaching LeBron is a bit different from coaching most other players. He's probably the most powerful person in the Cavs organization.

True dat. But hey, at least the Knicks are somewhat relevant, and he's having a great year. I think he'll be in the league for a long time.

3. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Awesome Slam Dunk Contest. Even though Zach Levine went back to back, we all won though.

4. karles48

One of the best buzzer beaters I've seen in a long time!! :awesome:

if the video does not show watch the video here

5. karles48

Unbelievable, five points in four seconds to win the game...:awesome:

if the video does not show watch the video here

6. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

So the NCAA Men's Basketball Brackets were announced. Still trying to figure out how the hell Michigan State didn't get a 1 seed. Same for Monmouth, St. Bonaventure, Valpo not making it in (yet Vanderbilt, Syracuse, and Tulsa make it in). Tbh, I think the Committee did a very crappy job this year (more problems I do have, but we will be here forever lol). Anyways, my final four is Kansas, Oklahoma, UNC, and Michigan State with Michigan State beating Kansas in the Championship.

7. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

WARRIORS! WARRIORS! 73-9! :banana:

Now they better win the NBA Championship again or 73 wins means 0. :lol:

8. rka

rka Senbatsu Stage48 Donor

As Ron Harper was quick to point out in a recent interview with a german sports news outlet ;>
    Old guys cannot stand seeing their record broken >

9. aratafuru

aratafuru Kenkyuusei

LOL. Nobody cares about Golden State. Kobe had 60 in his last game... and the Lakers were actually losing before he made his final 4 shots.

10. MeoJim

MeoJim Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    obamina
    At least Kobe shot somewhat efficiently for his last game, 44% on 50 shots is pretty good compared to some of his shot selection this year; interesting to see the end of an era.

But yeah, GSW made history!! It's not every day you get to see a 20 year record broken ^_^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

You know who did care about Golden State... The Logo, Jerry West. The same guy that brought Kobe to the Lakers, didnt fly to LA to see Kobe last game. But the video was nice tho. :awesome:

12. xcrossfacekillahx

xcrossfacekillahx Member

Oshimen:
    hondahitomi
    Twitter:
    crossfacekillah
    Yeah but then the Jazz didn't really play tough defense because they are out of the playoffs by that time.

My favorite would be after the game when he met the players who played alongside him in the past.

13. karles48

Congratulations to both, GSW and The Black Mamba!! (it's a pity he didn't want to play in Barcelona one year...at least for now... ;))

14. MeoJim

MeoJim Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    obamina
    *sigh* that's my problem with living on a different continent: all the games are very late in the evening for me, so I only know how the games went through highlights, box scores and word of mouth :p

15. karles48

I watched today a summary of Stephen Curry's best plays. I already knew he's good, but it left me open-mouthed because I didn't know he was that good. He could play in the Harlem Globetrotters!! :awesome:

16. tofunoodle

tofunoodle Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikomarina
    he's the greatest shooter ever, you should start watching his games!!

17. aratafuru

aratafuru Kenkyuusei

^ I used to think Reggie Miller or Glen Rice was the best outside shooter ever, but what Stephen Curry is doing is just unreal. Like the way he shoots... my brain cannot even comprehend it almost. Let's see if he can keep it up his entire career though.

18. karles48

Yes, he's an incredible shooter, but the thing that amazes me is how easily (and how fast) he passes the ball to the other players in the most unexpected way, and the way he dribbles everyone...he seems to be playing (like a kid, I mean) all the time...

19. True_Beginner

True_Beginner Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayanagiakane
    Are you kidding me Raptors? Are you kidding me? :XD:

I don't care what anyone says, I would be totally down with a Thunder-Raptors finals, even if it's most likely the Thunder who are the ones pulling off an upset.

Please make it so!

20. aratafuru

aratafuru Kenkyuusei

Freaking Golden State... go away... I'm tired of them shooting crazy far 3 pointers and making them all the time... that's like cheating IMO. LOL. Lebron is gonna lose again in the finals now.