NBA/Basketball Thread

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by peterthepickle, May 28, 2015.

1. peterthepickle

peterthepickle Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    The Thunder totally blew it this game. Game 7 is in Oakland and the Warriors are probably gonna win. All we can hope for is that the Cavs beat them in the Finals, hehe.

2. True_Beginner

True_Beginner Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayanagiakane
    I really love watching Russell Westbrook, he's one of my favorite PGs, but his style is either lights out or...a big hot mess.

He had I think 4 turnovers in the final two minutes, on top of both him and Durant playing hero ball when they should of been involving their teammates more.

The only way I see Golden State losing is if Curry and Thompson both go ice cold and have an off-night, which is possible with how they like to shoot the ball. Some of those threes are not easy, and one of Klay's whopping 11 was almost half court, lol. If it wasn't for the three point shooting, OKC could of possibly survived their late-game collapse.

I was pulling for Durant and Westbrook too...and according to what I heard on the radio this is their 4th western conference appearance together, which is crazy considering they've had two lost seasons to injuries (with both Durant and Westbrook each taking over the team at times). Durant was league MVP and had several scoring titles not too long ago, which kinda seems like history with the Warriors now taking over the West.

Steph has come along and sort of stolen Durant's...thunder.

Last edited: May 29, 2016
  3. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Warriors/Cavs rematch in the NBA Finals.

Also, anybody think that we just saw Durant in a Thunder Jersey for the last time?

4. aratafuru

aratafuru Kenkyuusei

^ OKC still can offer him the most money right? IMO he is gonna be like Carmelo and take the money and not go for a ring at a discount somewhere else.

I get so mad when underdog teams blow it at home. LOL. Like a couple of years ago I got mad at Dallas for not finishing off the Spurs in Game 6 at Dallas in round 1... Spurs went on to win the championship. Last year I got mad at the Clippers for blowing that big lead at home and not eliminating Golden State... Golden State went on to win the championship. Then this year the Thunder blow it in game 6 at home... and Golden State is probably gonna win another championship. IMO if those underdogs had just won that would be Lebron's 3rd, 4th & 5th rings right there... I know it is not that simple, but in my mind it is. LOL.

5. peterthepickle

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    I dunno, I think Durant might sign somewhere else. That'll definitely be something to watch over summer. I was really hoping for a Cavs/Thunder final but oh well. Hope the Cavs win. I figure they have a better shot this year since they're healthy, but as we've just seen the Warriors aren't pushovers at all. Should be a great Finals.

6. True_Beginner

True_Beginner Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayanagiakane
    To be honest, unless Durant was looking to form a super team like Lebron always does, he's already on a great one that just needs a few more pieces. They beat the Spurs and came close against the Warriors, so why leave? The Thunder got plenty left in the tank if he stays.

Unless it's for an East team, lol. Lebron doesn't get much hassle making it every year in that conference.

I'll root for the Warriors, I like how they run up the score sometimes and make circus shots...they got tested against a better than expected OKC team, and now have a chance to cap off this historic season they've been having.

7. peterthepickle

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    Game 6 is today! Honestly, I didn't think the Cavs would win the last one, but if LeBron and Irving both drop 41 points again, there might be a Game 7. Hopefully JR and Love show up too.

8. aratafuru

aratafuru Kenkyuusei

^ I didn't think they had a chance until the guy got suspended for Golden State... he should have been suspended for kicking the Thunder guy in the groin though IMO, so he had it coming. I want the Cavs to win today so badly, but only because I want a game 7... game 7s for a championship are so rare.

9. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    Cavs clobbered the Warriors. AGAIN. Another 41 points for King James! MVP Steph got 30 points but got fouled out in the final minutes of the game, then threw his mouthpiece.

Game 7 is ON. Who knows who will win the NBA championship...repeat for the Warriors? Or finally the Cavs' chance?

10. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    Sorry for the double-post, but...

HISTORY IN THE MAKING.

First Sasshi, and now LeBron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers! They won 93-89 after a very hard fought fight against the Golden State Warriors in Oakland.

:shocku:

First NBA Finals 3-1 deficit. First away team to win a Game 7 NBA Finals.

Congratulations Cleveland Cavs on their first-ever championship!!! And congratulations @ForrestFuller (from Ohio)! :1st:

11. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

congrats to Cleveland Cavaliers for their 1st NBA championship:1st:

if the video does not show watch the video here

Last edited: Jun 20, 2016
  12. peterthepickle

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    That was a great game! Both teams played well. Congrats, Cavs!

13. aratafuru

aratafuru Kenkyuusei

That block by Lebron... that 3 by Kyrie... Kevin Love's D on Curry on that missed 3 pointer for the tie... all legit.

14. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Thanks :) (Not really a fan of the Cavs), but I am happy for them, pretty much turned into a great day for my state (with also Dean Ambrose (who's from Cincinnati) becoming the WWE World Champion).

15. kl9391

kl9391 Member

Twitter:
    KsLeep9391
    Somebody check on the morning if Ohio's still standing.

16. True_Beginner

True_Beginner Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayanagiakane
    I'm happy for Lebron and the Cavs, when I saw how emotional he was after the victory...it's clear he deserved it. This will go down as his greatest victory: coming back from 3-1 against a team that had the most wins in NBA history.

But that's not why I'm posting here....it's because my favorite player ever Dennis Rodman took the perfect time to sucker punch the Warriors with this gem:

[​IMG]

17. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

We still are lol (Since it's morning here).

18. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

I guess some of the fans of the Warriors will say that a lot of 'odd' things happened after the 1-3, but the Cavs have deserved the championship. In fact, both teams deserved it...but there can be only one winner.

19. peterthepickle

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    Kevin Durant signed with the Warriors. Superteam, anyone?

20. M4YUYU

M4YUYU Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    Twitter:
    tomutomutomuuuu
    Add Zaza to the mix also, it's ridiculous.

Ffffuuuuu, it'll be the biggest upset ever in American sports history if they don't win it all, worse than Patriots' loss to the Giants in their 18-1 season.

I hope they lose in the first round to the old men Spurs.

Or to the Thunders that would be hilarious, but I can't see OKC doing well next season.