1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[NEWS] SDN48 Disband April 2012

Discussion in 'SDN48 News & Discussion' started by JedixKnight, Oct 15, 2011.

1. Zobii

Zobii Member

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    Couldn't it be done without having to graduate the current SDN lineup tho? :nothappy:

2. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

HoneyRoastedPeanuts Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    hrp919
    Assuming Akimoto is really planning it out like I wrote above, that would essentially be like saying "Can't we have our high schoolers go to college, but the college students just stay where they are?" That's gonna be a crowded campus.

But yes, I too think it's too early.

3. chewybacca

chewybacca Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sudaakari
    Twitter:
    mhcc27
    See, this is the thing:
    As noted, why does the whole of the current SDN48 need to be vacated for this to occur? If the current girls were really dissatisfied with their current position in SDN48, then that's another story, but that doesn't seem to be the case here.

The problem is as you already answered your own question - it's too early. Continued below:

AKB48 is already riding on a popularity wave at the moment which, admittedly, is based on a few core members who would, technically, be more of a fit to something like SDN48 due to their age (I'm looking at you, Mariko). There's no use transferring them to SDN48 either. They might all still be within the -48 family theoretically speaking, but your average Joe would only have the time to care about the "flagship" group - once they're out of it, that's it. Sure, Aki-P might have some "plan" in place. But I'm certainly not sure whether now is the time.

Which leads to the question: if not now, when?

Admittedly, I don't know what the most optimal solution is. It also depends what the ultimate motivation is behind the formation of SDN48 - that is, is it more than just a "temporary place for ex-AKB48 members to keep the (veteran) wota happy"?

But to be brutally honest? I'd much rather them graduate straight outta' AKB48 (or any of the other groups for that matter) than to "move up (or down, depends on your POV) the ladder" and leave them in some sort of not-really-AKB/SKE/NMB48, not-really-graduated limbo. Also because of what I already mentioned about the "sexy, mature idol group" market being saturated, but that's a separate issue.

4. SGhades

SGhades Kenkyuusei

This is really a terrible news...
    It is one of my worst nightmare ever... :cry:
    I only managed to attend 1 of their performance only... (currently they only perform twice in Singapore, and i have missed the 1st one as that time i am not a fan yet)
    I really regret not knowing SDN48 earlier... :cry:

5. Gingerninja

Gingerninja Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kondorina
    If you think about it, transferring the popular girls might have a boost effect onto SDN48, like all the mariko fans watching them now too, etc. Where I'm guessing they're hoping the AKB48 bandwagon will continue to roll forward regardless of which girls are at the helm. For a group with such huge popularity, a couple losses won't kill them, for a group with much less popularity a couple high profile transfers could really help.

6. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

@ET: SDN48 always sold out their theater shows AFAIK. So that stuff you're saying about their tickets not being in high demand might not be true. We never knew why they didn't get LODs, but everything about SDN was such a mess already, we can only speculate.

7. PoIyrhythm

PoIyrhythm Kenkyuusei

Everyone should boycott anything fat man comes out with that's not Team A,K, or B of AKB48. :hmm:

8. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

Well, at least you attended one of their performances, if the group actually disappears, many SDN fans will never be that lucky...

Mmm, does that include boycotting no3b, warota7, DiVA, Not Yet and the other units? If so, I don't think your idea will have a lot of followers...

9. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

Twitter:
    hrp919
    Gingerninja: Just my thought.
    As sad as it sounds, and while I'd have loved to see some of the SND members in other Akimoto projects, one needs to admit that they've reached an age / a point in their lives, where these girls need to move on to something new.
    The SND that we know is going to disband - still, it is up to us fans to support each single one of them on whatever road they will take.

10. freezingkiss

freezingkiss Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yuihan
    ^ I disagree. Mid-to-late twenties is not too old to be in a pop group, and it never friggin will be. Not even in ridiculously ageist Japan.

11. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

Twitter:
    hrp919
    I'd very much love to disagree with myself as well. And yes, it's not too old, not at all. But it's not a pop group. It's an idol group. That's quite a different thing altogether.

12. caramujo

caramujo Kenkyuusei

Yukkii and KONAN talking about it...
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlS5rPHcvo0[/yt]
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmVoOC825w8[/yt]

13. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

Twitter:
    hrp919
    Thanks, caramujo.
    Basically the only "new thing" we get to hear here is Konan saying that although all of them knew it wouldn't be long, it still seems a little early.

14. jinbaoyin48

jinbaoyin48 Kenkyuusei

SDN members being too old to be in an idol group?...from the three performances i saw of them in Singapore...they are already beyond the idol tag...their vocal and dance ability is frankly speaking way ahead of AKB or SKE or NMB...the most "amazing" thing...if you can call this amazing...they are so much well balanced between the members...the only acceptable thing regarding this mass graduation for me...if you put it that yes SDN is too old to be an idol group in the 48 family...they need to leave the idol world...fine cause they are talents and no more idols...

15. sillybob

sillybob Kenkyuusei

I honestly don't think there's a limit on how old you can be to be and an idol, as long as you play the part then it shouldn't matter how old you are.
    ALSO
    I'm secretly hoping that in the end all they're doing is shuffling them all into teams like Team SII and Team D or something like that to make it easier for new fans. The idea of Nachu or Meetan no longer being around just kills me :(

16. AKB4Me

AKB4Me Kenkyuusei

This is just horrible, but at the same time almost predictable. :angry:

If they were going to try to compete with the female Kpop bands then they should of dropped their affiliation with the AKB brand and created something totally unique and not publicly used it as a home for aging AKB members.

Cute young girls with cute voices is a good formula that works if it's marketed correctly, but we are talking about beautiful women using cute understated voices and that ain't gonna cut it against the powerful pipes of a Girls Gen. or a 2NE1.
    Management should of capitalized on voices like Rachel's and a few others who could sing the F'n roof off the Akihabara theater and used more advanced choreography for the background dancers and singers.

I love love loooove SDN. And I plan to support Hondo <3 and Nachu <3 wherever they end up. But I think they got a raw deal because of bad management.

17. Criss

Criss Member

This rumors are taking strength.

New audition April 2012

http://www.sponichi.co.jp/entertainment ... 35140.html

関係者によると、4月以降新メンバーを募集し活動を続ける予定は「現時点ではない」という。

"Some sources" :^^;: :^^;: :^^;: so yeah, just rumors so far.

18. Jman.HKojima.fan

Jman.HKojima.fan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    I'm very sad about This. :cry: :cry: :cry: I hope something good comes out of this.

19. freezingkiss

freezingkiss Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yuihan
    Original AKB members getting dumped for new fresh faces annoys me immensely. If they do have new auditions, that is the SUCK.

20. Callighan

Callighan Kenkyuusei

Yep.
    Major suckage.
    It would defeat the purpose of graduating current members.