1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[NEWS] SDN48 Disband April 2012

Discussion in 'SDN48 News & Discussion' started by JedixKnight, Oct 15, 2011.

1. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

HoneyRoastedPeanuts Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    hrp919
    You mean auditioning for SDN would defeat the purpose of graduating members out of AKB? Well, yeah, I can see that. Kind of. The thing is...

I'm pretty sure the auditions mentioned are mainly for AKB...which of course would make a lot of sense. Who knows, maybe they'll find two or three more mature girls on the way and put them into SDN, together with the AKB alumni.
    Leaving open this option would allow older girls (let's say: 22) to audition and not be shut out of the system by default 'cause they didn't get into AKB when they were 15.

2. JedixKnight

JedixKnight Kenkyuusei

3. jinbaoyin48

jinbaoyin48 Kenkyuusei

as the seconds tick along towards 31 march 2012...more and more it seems that it is going to happen...it will take a massive...real massive thing to overturn this done and dusted decision...5 months plus more to seriously enjoy whatever they dish out...my wishlist is of course one more Singapore peformance please...and if possible a big scale one to bring all members here...i can DEMAND that can i? since it is going to end forever...and of course one more single to keep the good memories...and a massive sales figures to shut up the management which is of course unlikely...I love SDN48 and will miss them...

4. frblckstr1

frblckstr1 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    You know... this alomost sounds what H!P did with there 'elders': mass graduation followed some time later by creating DMM (Dream Morming Musume) :fear:

(one can hope?)

5. Zobii

Zobii Member

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    ^ That really reminds me of Mr Waffle's April fools joke. :wtf:
    But I hope that's the case.

And if that happens, it adds more to my suspicion that Aki-p actually lurks S48 for ideas, I swear... [wonder]

Okay, fess up, which one of you guys is Aki-P? :hmm:

6. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

Perhaps they will create DAKB (Dream AKB) with Aki-P as the center...mmm, no, that would be NAKB (Nightmare AKB), instead... [hehe]

7. wilsgun

wilsgun Kenkyuusei

Obasan48 anyone? OBA48

8. Ian905

Ian905 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Mizushima Miyuu
    If they killed off the entire line up of SDN JUST to replace them with new faces, I'll be pissed. Gradually adding/graduating members is fine, but something like this is like being thrown in cold water. :hmm:

As much as I hate, hate, hate this news... if it means the song quality of AKB/SKE/NMB/ETC will go up, I'm willing to accept it. v.v For me, now that my Maa-chan graduated and I've been getting bored of Accchan, it's mainly about their music. Flying Get was pretty crap imo, so if having one less group to worry about means he can work harder on the other groups, fine.

9. Atsu-nee

Atsu-nee Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nagahama Neru
    To me the thing that I really feel sad (for I have not really gotten to know much to SDN) are the girls who were moved from akb, Yukarin, Cindy, Meetan and Noro ... What will happen to them? I really loved Cindy Yukarin and I do not want to be graduated ... should leave a hole in akb again.
    Also ... NACHU! I laughed so much with her in the MC of the concert ... will be very sad that is not more.

10. Play

Play Kenkyuusei

speechless...first i lose maki and now this

11. Agito

Agito Kenkyuusei

Too bad, I never had the chance to see them on stage.

12. xinchun

xinchun Kenkyuusei

First off, I know I'm late replying to this news. I barely venture into some parts of the forum... XD

Anyway... I didn't really expect this to happen (given the overall popularity of all the 48 groups...) but I can't say I'm particularly surprised, either. Because idols these days really are young girls, for the most part. In general, I'd say 13-20, of course with many various exceptions. But when I think of idols in general, that's the first age range that comes to mind. Because SDN is made of older girls, instead of your typical age range for an idol group, I guess that's why I'm not so surprised. The ones who succeed are often the ones who are more mainstream, and older idols really aren't. Older singers, sure, but for an idol group, generally it's the younger girls, not the ones in their mid 20s.

If any 48 group were to disband, this would be the one to do so. I don't really know the members well, but I thought their image was unique, it's sad to see they'll be disbanding. I also feel bad for the girls who moved here from AKB, but who knows, it might be better for them to move on. Maybe my views are too neutral, since I'm really not too familiar with the girls themselves. Sorry if they are.

13. dagezou

dagezou Kenkyuusei

I guarantee this will not happen. Have a look at AKB's roster. All the older girls are also the most popular. They're not going anywhere.

14. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

Twitter:
    hrp919
    And exactly that is one of the reasons why they WOULD do it. [aup]

15. freezingkiss

freezingkiss Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yuihan
    ^ SHIT man, I never even thought of that.

I still really don't want this to happen. I keep waiting to see if I will hear something that will happen with all the girls. I love them so much! Especially our ex-AKB girls! ESPECIALLY NORO.

I know Aki-P wants AKB to continually be a rotating roster type of thing but that's not going to work, as the same girls have been in AKB for 6 years. It seems he only wants a rotating roster for the not as popular girls! Do you think Acchan will ever be moved anywhere else?! NO. Neither will Oshima, and she is SDN age. It's really unfair for fans who support these girls to just go 'Yep! Into another group with you!' - if this keeps happening over the years this may be the groups downfall. Although by then Aki-P would have made so much money he'd wouldn't really mind.

I'd like to see some of our SDN girls get seriously into the music business, form an independent group, audition for AVEX, do something and not just fade away! <3

16. Callighan

Callighan Kenkyuusei

This thought has just popped in my head.
    The SDN girls are in their mid-late 20s (if I'm not mistaken).
    It's also a good age to find suitors.
    Given that AKB (and its sister groups) members are prohibited from romance, perhaps SDN members are also looking forward to courtship (aside from other career possibilities)?

Anyhow, I'm only conjecturing. :p

17. freezingkiss

freezingkiss Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yuihan
    ^ Yeah but I BET a bunch of them would rather perform than get married and all that crap.

They have the rest of their lives to do that. I would love to write a song that says '30 isn't Old' and release it into an idol market. Because the ageism going on there is just ridiculous.

18. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

Twitter:
    hrp919
    I guess I should explain what I wrote above as a reply to dagezou.
    He mentioned the popularity of some of the older girls. Mariko, Sayaka, Yuko, Kojiharu...no one's gonna argue about them being among the most popular. Consider though: "Among", not "the most popular", as he put it. That would be subjective. Anyways,...

To me, popularity ≠ reason or guaranty to be in AKB. Heck, SDN can be popular too.

You got to admit that until now, SDN has never reached the popularity of the original AKB. But! what if you just graduate a whole chunk of girls into SDN; let's say every member that as of April 1st, 2012 is 21 years or older (13 girls). Not that I seriously think that's gonna happen. But still... You wouldn't have just one, but two stupidly successful groups.
    SDN would very probably sell much more than now due to Mariko, Sayaka, Yuko and consorts having such a great name value. And AKB would be able to progress, filling up the empty spaces with younger members from the lower groups (to most members of these lower groups, those members would of course be the older ones).

It's not like Akimoto didn't do it before (Noro, Ohori, Urano, etc...). Granted, these girls might not have been as "high-profile" like the ones mentioned above, still I find it not the least bit hard to imagine that Aki-P is planning something just alone those lines for next year.

Also: SDN's farewell performance is, although they could have waited another year, perfectly timed. March / April is the time when the new school year starts and maybe it's just me, but I find that quite symbolic.

19. Callighan

Callighan Kenkyuusei

And also in time for April fools' day. :p

20. freezingkiss

freezingkiss Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yuihan
    ^
    ^ This is a good point, but I really, really hope that it doesn't happen. SDN are perfect the way they are. I don't want to see Mariko, Sayaka and Yuko in a group like this....Also, in this case, I don't think a lot of them would comply.

I could see Kojiharu doing it. I really, really couldn't see Mariko doing it. I would actually respect her more if she didn't, and instead went on to host a TV show or something (and continue her magazine, have a fashion line, etc, she's hell cool)

^ Also yeah, but if this is one big joke. It's not funny. Not even a little bit!!!