1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

NFL - American Football - Thread

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by Bushido, Aug 31, 2014.

1. True_Beginner

True_Beginner Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayanagiakane
    From what I've seen, The Seattle Seahawks are just too competitive, the range of talent they have on that team is only matched by the Niners. It's pretty much Seahawks Vs. 49ers for the Super Bowl. Peyton Manning can throw his arm out all he wants, but he can't overcome two perfectly built teams like them. I'm a Carolina Panthers fan myself, and I still have to admit there's no real competition in the NFC, especially with the way the Saints like to blow big games against those two said teams the last few years.

I might get laughed at for mentioning this, but I feel the Arizona Cardinals are a real threat if they can get that offense going, they're built deep and play in the toughest division in the NFL (they even beat Seattle last year at home and almost beat the Niners in their final game of the season). Too bad they needed 12 wins to get in, lol. Give them a quarterback and they're right up there.

2. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Seahawks lost today.

Who would have thought the Bills would be 2-0.

My Team sucks btw. (Giants)

3. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    Saw that Chargers game. Hard to believe they held off Seatle.:shock: Gates was a superstar.

Now for my Niners.:1st:

4. KyriosArios

KyriosArios Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    Twitter:
    KyriosArios
    Wasn't expecting the Chargers to beat the Sea Gulls. As a Niner fan, that was awesome to see. Rivers scored 25 on my fantasy bench compared to Manning who I started.

5. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    My brother is a Chargers season ticket holder, so I usually see at least one game at Qualcom every year. Anyway, glad the Seahawks lost. Take a little wind out of their sails.

6. KyriosArios

KyriosArios Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    Twitter:
    KyriosArios
    That was a pathetic game by the Niners. I give the Bears credit. Cutler and Marshall were huge, and their 3rd string defense capitalized on Kaepernick's mistakes, but wow...so many damn penalties and bonehead plays. Harbaugh and his staff have some work to do. I was afraid last week's win against Dallas was fool's gold, and it looks like it was. We got exposed bad tonight. No pass rush, our secondary is useless against big receivers like Brandon Marshall, and Kaepernick making the same mistakes he made as a rookie. Seriously, does he have no sense of the game clock? The Niners ALWAYS have to waste a timeout to avoid a delay of game penalty every game. I know it's a long season, but they just looked terrible tonight. Luckily there's still time to fix things.

7. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    Our secondary could not look at the Bears without drawing a flag. And two of those picks were on the recievers. Run your routes and they would have been completions. Do need to shore up that O-Line though. That right side looked amaturish.:fp: That hit on Cutler, that was a clean hit, BS call. If that was a late hit, there were two on Kap that should of been called as well.:rant:

8. JoltFiend

JoltFiend Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    joltfiend
    That's always been my complaint about Kaepernick, that he has issues with time management. I even joke with my friends every week about it asking what they think the over/under for how many delay of games he's going to take. Hell, they got away with one on their first drive. Agreed though, there's still time to fix these things.

9. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    Yeah, there was a delay of game called in the 4th quarter, about 5-6sec after the clock ran down. Officials were garbage tonite. In all three games I saw. I hate bad officiating the most in football, even more than the Traitors and Crybabies.:mad:

10. KyriosArios

KyriosArios Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    Twitter:
    KyriosArios
    Seeing how the game is called now, I miss how football used to be in the late 80s and early 90s. Back then they let them play...now they call more ticky tack stuff than NBA referees.

After the game, someone took an interesting shot of Kaepernick...or was it him...?

10407468_10204356530854574_2016862881907436336_n.jpg

This explains everything...LOL.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2014
  11. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

lol that's just wrong whomever the hell did that.

12. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Week 2 in the books now.

Didn't think the Saints and Colts would be 0-2.

13. KyriosArios

KyriosArios Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    Twitter:
    KyriosArios
    Sproles was my fantasy football star this week. Outscored Manning even.

14. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Add Johnthan Dwyer to the list of people getting arrested (Rice, Hardy, AP)

15. araishikeiwai

araishikeiwai Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kimotokanon
    Twitter:
    araishikeiwai
    Oh, this kind of thread exists!

Any Texans fans out there?

Btw, I also play Flag Football

16. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Massacre happening on CBS right now.

35-0 Falcons (in the 2nd Quarter)

EDIT: 56-14 final.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2014
  17. KyriosArios

KyriosArios Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    Twitter:
    KyriosArios
    That Niners game had me ready to throw stuff at the TV. I'll give the defense a little bit of a slide since they are missing 2 all pro players in Bowman and Aldon Smith. Those numerous penalties are unacceptable though. Granted I thought the "late" hit and "roughing" the passer calls were both bad calls...but Boldin's headbutt was moronic as were a lot of those illegal contact penalties. They know they're gonna call those every time, yet they continue to commit those. Also Jimmy Ward looks terrible. He gets burnt almost every play and teams are taking full advantage. I hope Brock comes back soon.

On Offense I have no complaints about the first half, but the 2nd half was atrocious. What happened to our running game? I thought we were a run first squad. Even with Vernon Davis out, we shouldn't be that inept on offense in the 2nd half. 2 bad losses in a row...I don't know how to fix it, but something is definitely wrong with the Niners.

As for the other games...

That Seattle vs. Denver game was what the Super Bowl last year should've been. Sucks that Seattle won...AGAIN, but it was a great game.

New England vs. Oakland - Raiders find a way to lose again...LOL.

The night game was a shocker to me. I didn't think the Steelers had a chance against Carolina at home, but they steamrolled that vaunted Carolina defense. That also helped me win fantasy this week because my opponent got -3 pts for Carolina's defense. ..lol.

Niners will face a tough opponent in Philadelphia next week. Hopefully they'll have their stuff together for that game or it's going to be ugly against that fast offense.

18. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

^ Heard Boldin was blaming the refs mostly for the two game losing skid.

Hoping my Giants go 2-2 against the Redskins.

19. araishikeiwai

araishikeiwai Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kimotokanon
    Twitter:
    araishikeiwai
    Boohoo. Texans lost against Giants in bad ways. So many miscues!
    IMO Fitzpatrick was bad last Sunday.
    Foster not playing could be one of the factor, but Alfred Blue the rookie showed some good carries.
    I'm hoping for Foster's and Clowney's recovery very soon!

20. KyriosArios

KyriosArios Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    Twitter:
    KyriosArios
    So can we stick a fork in the Redskins now? That team just looks terrible...