NFL - American Football - Thread

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by Bushido, Aug 31, 2014.

1. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    We are HURTING at the WR position. Currently we have Anquan Boldin. And that is about it. My faith in Trent Baalke (49er's GM) has been dashed on the rocks of this post-season, along with my faith in York Jr., 49er's owner. So I have zero hope for any draft-day miracles.

2. BAKA OSHI

BAKA OSHI Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Twitter:
    ochervet
    Ownership and management have not been stellar over the last 12 months that's for sure.

Doesn't the new coach have a more run oriented approach ?

3. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    Eh, I would say Tomsula is more defense oriented than anything offense.

We are still fairly solid at RB position, and Rathman is still our RB Coach. And that bodes well. Niners will still be a run team this coming season.

4. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Was glad to see Aaron Hernandez got life in prison for murder. Hopefully in his other case, he gets the same thing.

Just sad that he did this crap. He was a good TE. But at least Paul Crewe has a good TE coming his way.

5. BAKA OSHI

BAKA OSHI Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Twitter:
    ochervet
    Just baffling how some people are wired.

He had a good career, a $40M contract and a kid.... apparently he was already a headcase while "attending" Florida.

6. BAKA OSHI

BAKA OSHI Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Twitter:
    ochervet
    It's official, Chip Kelly lost it..... the Eagles are to sign Tim Tebow on Monday...

Not sure what he is up to, is it merely a smokescreen before the draft where he plans to ditch Bradford to get Mariota ?

7. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    I still go with my theory the Eagles are trying for last place this coming season.

8. BAKA OSHI

BAKA OSHI Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Twitter:
    ochervet
    Next up a draft day deal with the Browns to get Manziel and they'll be set for greatness..... oh wait !!!

9. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

10. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

NFL Draft begins tonight.

11. BAKA OSHI

BAKA OSHI Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Twitter:
    ochervet
    Let's get ready for some "what will Chip Kelly do next..." followed by "what was he thinking"....

Still hoping AD will end up taking a trip down the I35.... I know it's a long shot and the 'Boys probably don't have the cash and more pressing needs but I like to dream...

And BTW, I'm still not ready to see Demarco Murray and Sam Bradford in Philadelphia Ducks, sorry Eagles uniforms....

12. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

So they did deflate those balls (Patriots). I think we are all not surprised one bit.

13. BAKA OSHI

BAKA OSHI Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Twitter:
    ochervet
    and now the fallout..... $1m fine for the team, 4 games suspension without pay for Brady and loss of their 1st round pick in next year's draft.

What is sad is that Bellicheat once again escapes .... after the video recording of opposing team's signals he's like teflon, nothing stick.

Sean Payton might have questions for the comish...

Last edited: May 12, 2015
  14. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    Also lost a first round pick in 2016 and fourth round in 2017.

Bellicheck got clear because the investigation could not find anything to reasonably tie him to the deflations. Though the league should have come down on him anyway, given the teams track record of cheating under his tenure.

I expect Brady will appeal his suspensions. And get it lessened.

15. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Just a friendly reminder that America's pastime is about to start up again. FOOTBALL! Training Camp is beginning.

Hoping like hell my Giants can stay healthy this year. I think Offense could do some damage this year with Victor Cruz and Odell Beckham Jr.

16. BAKA OSHI

BAKA OSHI Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Twitter:
    ochervet
    That's right training camps are about to start, time to have a better view of what Chip Kelly is planning.... just kidding who knows what he's doing. ;)

I hope the 'Boys will do well, even though they are in a tough division with your Giants @ForrestFuller, plus I have concerns about their secondary.

College Football season is also coming back in a month, can't wait for that either and hope the disappointment that was the 2014 season will be forgotten.

17. Bushido

Bushido Kenkyuusei

Summer is winding down when training camp has started. How another year has past by.

18. peterthepickle

peterthepickle Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    I predict that the Chargers will win the AFC West! We just need to not lose five centers and beat the Broncos for once... shouldn't be too hard now that old man Peyton Manning can't throw the ball anymore lol. The stadium, though, is the bigger problem...

19. BAKA OSHI

BAKA OSHI Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Twitter:
    ochervet
    @peterthepickle watch out for the Raiders .... just kidding.... they're likely to get the first pick in the draft next year....

20. peterthepickle

peterthepickle Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    Haha, I'll keep an eye on 'em. If any team can randomly lose to the Raiders, it's the Chargers. Derek Carr is actually pretty good, though - he just needs a lot of help everywhere else.