1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Audition NGT48 2nd Generation Auditions Thread

Discussion in 'NGT48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jan 26, 2018.

1. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

I don't even remember that lol

Still, wouldn't be surprised if they kept the 19.
    They need to complete NIII and G. Once they do that, they'd be left with 12 KKS, which would be enough to fill in theatre performances and the like while the senbatsu girls and others are out of the theatre.
    Plus, by the time TIII is formed, they'd have a core of experienced girls instead of newbies.

2. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Here's a short news clip from Niigata Nippo as well:
    http://www.niigata-nippo.co.jp/news/movie/detail.html?bid=5777751791001

Also, as it has been reported even in the other news articles before: while applications for NGT's 1st generation audition came from 30 out of the 47 Japanese prefectures, this time around they actually received applications from all 47 of them. Hearing Etsuro's emphasis when saying it out loud, he seemed pretty proud of the results. On one side, he saw that as an indication of how there are girls all over Japan who'd love to work as part of NGT. On the other side, he saw it also as a proof of the efforts that NGT members have made to publicize the charms of the prefecture to the whole country through their activities.

---

And now, for some belated opinions of mine:

First off, I'm glad to see that #44 made it on board. Out of the candidate SR that I have watched regularly, she actually was the one who impressed me the most with her personality, and by the looks of it I wasn't the only one after all.

Like I told somewhere else, she proved to be a pretty spontaneous talker with a very sociable attitude who knows how to keep the mood alive and energetic. Never seen a dull moment during any of her streams. At all times, she was the one in full control of the discussion, joking and making witticisms, but also taking on a more serious tone to articulate her thoughts when necessary -- rather than passively leaving it to viewers to lead the talk with their comments. What's also interesting is that she wasn't shy of also throwing in some anecdotes about her family or her personal life in her talk (from how her father loves to go karaoke'ing together, to describing her school days and some curious happenings involving her teachers and the volleyball club she's in, to excusing herself for having been away for a day because she had lunch out with her friends), in contrast to many other candidates who try to keep things discreet if they can do it, which added to the friendly atmosphere.
    Right from the first day she already figured out how to use the SR medium and find her own familiar style. The appropriate choice of tone, the tact, the calculated pace, not to mention the ease with which she jumps from one topic to the other is already on the level of a professional, and I wish to see it being put to good use soon enough.

Personality-wise, I can't help but put her next to Renapon and Ayakani on the chart. Actually, what reminds me of Renapon are particularly the mannerisms, especially these seemingly random bursts of exaggerated acting she does, sometimes to put emphasis in response to some specific viewer comments, other times to stress a point of the story, and other times still to keep things lively while she's thinking up of what to do next. The Ayakani bit comes from the extremely laid back, informal and outgoing personality she has shown. Truth be told, like Ayakani occasionally she gets so chilled out that sometimes she seems to involuntarily give some "no damns given" vibes, but she always comes across as fun, likeable, and I dare say clever in the end. Really looking forward to seeing her befriending the other NGT members.
    Out of this round's contestants she was probably the one with the most clearly defined and polished character.

Kinda shocked to see #13, #46, #48, #52 and #56 (to name a few) didn't make it to the audition finals. Though not all of them were as engaging in terms of talk (but surely would have had some other latent potential waiting to be realised) they were pretty much perfect on the aesthetic side, and you know, it would always help to leave a nice first impression of the group to gain people's attention, before introducing them to the members' other talents and their true characters. (The fan reactions to a certain "#50-chan" come to mind as a precedent, in that regard. Heh heh.)

#52 was another candidate I kept tabs on ever since the last Draft campaign, she looked like she learned from the previous experience and improved herself in the meantime. I'll still stick to what I said at the time, that she struck me as an onee-san type of idol with a mix of both Maho and Gatanee. She seemed to be far less nervous and tongue-tied when on camera than she was the previous time, which I attributed to her being busy with university and not exactly in her best health condition to stream back then. The fact that she consistently ranked around the top of the Showroom rankings (see here) seemed to demonstrate that the fans who rooted for her during the 3rd Draft have followed her along and kept giving her their support, which only strengthened my hope that she would succeed this time. But alas, no such luck...
    While it is just little consolation, I might as well add that, at least, this time she has given us a special Showroom stream where she put to show her gymastic skills that she had mentioned sometime in the past, performing both a forward and backward cartwheel in an impeccable way. Actually, seeing all of this makes me realize that they missed an opportunity by deciding against selecting her, considering how girls with a proper gymnastic training like her are so hard to come by in this idol world.
    If you have some time to spare, search around in the video in question:
    https://www.bilibili.com/video/av22455726

Last edited: Apr 29, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Arinko

Arinko Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
    I am glad that NGT48 is growing in numbers when it is needed. May be slow compared to other groups but the girls and fans have shown the need for extra members. Some Japanese fans jokingly stated when Team TIII finally gets formed, the KKS will be so experienced.

4. LarcKen

LarcKen Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Taguchi Manaka
    Fixed. Because #52 is one of my fave and she didn't make it :censored:
    Even Yahagi Moeka got #52 as her favorite and interacted with her on around 65 minutes mark :(
    Mod edit: removed dead video link

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2018
  5. Dee

Dee Kenkyuusei

Poor kids 54 and 55 weren't picked again

6. Pamyurin

Pamyurin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamaguchimaho
    The missed out on so many potential girls, I sometimes wonder what kind of criteria do they have for choosing the new members, by looking just at that first pic not many of them seem to have that 'idol aura'. No wonder so many popular girls have the 'I went through several audions and failed' narrative if they miss on girls like 52 or that Miichan look-alike. And of course looks aren't everything but for girls that don't have that much of an aura is very difficult to stand out or get popular. Anyways, I just hope the best for them and NGT :1st:

(But I don't know if fans can pic that much better, I'm still salty that Omori Maho and Otake Hitomi were not chosen for NGT in the draft :()

7. nakotteiijan

nakotteiijan Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    矢吹奈子
    Yes.
    A picture of those who passed the last round has been posted by NGT48's official accounts and some news sites. However they still need to sign the contract etc.

8. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Hasn't she failed multiple auditions for all the 48 and 46 groups? There must be something going on for her to fail so much.

I'm kind of annoyed now, most of my favourites didn't get through, the cuteness potential for this gen has been subverted.

9. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

No one mentioned 4.100 Applicant in total so far. It's written in those news linked at this thread btw.

10. x_AozoraKataomoi_x

x_AozoraKataomoi_x Member

Oshimen:
    takeisara
    Twitter:
    X2783
    Speaking of Hazama Miharu, doesn't matter if she didn't pass this audition; she shouldn't lose hope, especially when another agency has announced auditions for their new group. What if she ends up there?

11. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Which is...?

12. x_AozoraKataomoi_x

x_AozoraKataomoi_x Member

Oshimen:
    takeisara
    Twitter:
    X2783
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
  13. Shinga Kurukato

Shinga Kurukato Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    ALiMiRe (عليمير عبد الرحمن)
    any news about the 2nd gen?

14. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    • Like Like x 3
  15. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

... and? Did they? :^^;:

16. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    ^ Did they? Well, the screenshot of that unnamed Instagram story made it seem like something would happen at the evening theater show, but there was no 2nd gen appearance.
    On the other hand, at the encore of same theater show they had a special performance of Max Toki involving all the members, which included the 3rd Draft participating for the first time ever in a song. So it can be said today there still was a debut performance all right. ┐(´ー`)┌

Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Dee

Dee Kenkyuusei

I watched the NIII stage today and I think they just celebrated the fans’ birthday. They performed Namida Surprise.

18. nokoru

nokoru Upcoming Girls

We have another good generation. ;)

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 6
  19. Maria Lamezon

Maria Lamezon Kenkyuusei

Second Gen was presented today!! I'm so hyped XD
    [​IMG]

20. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter: