1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single NGT48 2nd [Sekai wa Doko Made Aozora na no ka?] (2017/12/06)

Discussion in 'NGT48 News & Releases' started by namine, Sep 7, 2017.

1. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

And you were just...agreed with these "Isolationist"?

Nothing wrong with that. But you may want to check where the poster location is to know it wasn't simply about local pride. Not even close.

2. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Toyama is neighboring prefecture of Niigata while Saitama is just next to Gunma, another neighboring prefecture of Niigata.

3. Dee

Dee Kenkyuusei

Pretty much. There were disbandment petitions, and complains about the center. They were quite offensive towards mangement and OgiRika.

Hearing how STU48 had to reupload their debut single MV because of antis, I hope both groups overcome the hate.

4. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Here's the map…

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
  5. antares

antares Kenkyuusei

On Max Toki 315 from Akihabara to Niigata
    Oshimen:
    sugaharariko
    Oops, you are too far. I am in California lol.

6. Arinko

Arinko Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
  7. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

NGT48's 2nd Single (Sekai wa doko made aozora na no ka) (4th Week Sales)
    Week 4:
    2,940 (167,729) (15th)

8. enc0re

enc0re Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    encore_AC_
    This single is the first one I've heard from NGT48 and I am so impressed by how beautiful it is. Easily on Keyakizaka's Futari Saison level, reminds me of them too.

Especially the MV has blown me away! Ogino Yuka has a stellar performance there.

Something must have gone seriously wrong with the marketing prior if this single flopped sales wise. The quality is undoubtedly there. It's one of ,if not, the best song from the 46/48 groups this year.

So glad that I discovered this single and this group.

9. Maria Lamezon

Maria Lamezon Kenkyuusei

Hey guys! Do any of you have Sekai wa doko made live vids/links? If you do, can you please share them with me? thanks!

10. enc0re

enc0re Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    encore_AC_
  11. banana

banana Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    my 1st time posting in this thread..
    After listening to this song many time now, I going to say that this is the best song 48G song for 2017, at least for me..

sorry for asking..
    I've read a lot of comments saying that this single sell badly, but from what I know this single sold >160k right, which sounded great enough for me.. that's why it left me confused why people say this single sell badly.. Actually how much sales that we considered good? are we expecting NGT sales to be at Keyakizaka sales level?
    Sorry, I'm still pretty new (well not really new, but sometimes I'm still confused with 48G stuff).. can someone enlighten me?

12. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

People here love to Panic.

Imo, it's fine. Yeah it's down from the single, but so what. At least they are still selling over 100,000+ (which is better then most groups out there).

13. Arinko

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
    For a group of only over 20+ members, it is doing quite well. Their handshake sales are not to be laughed at too. When NGT48 performs, people take note. The main song along with the MV might be very different to what is expected from a typical 48 group but then rest of the B-side songs very close to what old AKB used to churn out. I won't say it is the best single out there but for a 2nd single, it is more than meets the grade. Look in Youtube and you find covers of the main song.

14. antares

antares Kenkyuusei

On Max Toki 315 from Akihabara to Niigata
    Oshimen:
    sugaharariko
    This sale is bad compared to other sister groups (except SKE) at their debut time. Also, while the 1st single had a low sale due to SSK, the 2nd single had even a lower sale, after all SSK hype, is unacceptable.

One thing bugs me is that NGT handshake sale in AKB singles are much higher than in NGT singles. If we could swap AKB and NGT single handshake sale, the 2nd single would have been sold 200k-300k first week.

The problem with 48G sister groups in general is their tight bond to AKB activities and releases. Their own activities are infamous with small budget and promotion scale. Casual fans just care about AKB-related activities. The wotas prefer to spend money on AKB singles and events due to many gimmicks (RH vote, Summer Festival, SSK, National HS and 2-shots). As for the group releases, they just buy minimum to keep the group survive regardless of quality.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
  15. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    So you can start by thinking about popularity. And there are lots of ways to compare if a single sold successfully or not. It depends on which point you want to dive in.

Statistically you can compare the potential market audience in the target area. (Akb = Tokyo metropolitan, Ske = Nagoya, Ngt = Niigata etc) Go to wiki and check out the population ratio and start comparing all the sister groups as well. Sink in those numbers in your mind would be helpful.

After that you can start by analyzing retrospectively, for example, how many did all groups sold in their 2nd single and compare the numbers.

You will also need to consider factors such as the group structure, media influence, single release conflicts with other music artists (anime, kpop, boy bands etc), promotion support (government, company etc), hs results, music quality and others more you can think of.

There's no definite answer but if you can give a good explanation to your judgement then that would be your own take on the question "if this single sold well or not".

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

16. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

The single is still selling relatively well.

First, we are in the middle of a 48G fatigue.
    The SG are not going to go back to selling 400-500k because the fandom is just too spread, and it will continue to do so.

Second, NGT only has one gen and yet they managed to sell 200k (according to Billboard).
    HKT had two gens when they debuted in 2013 and they just added 50k more to that (48 fatigue again).

Third, SG are a mere excuse to get more girls to do HS for AKB and it gets more and more obvious as time passes.
    They just get two releases a year now. They are downsizing on individual concerts. A-sides are complete throwaway songs. Blablabla.
    With the minimum effort they put on these releases (management, not the girls), whatever they sell is probably a profit.

So yeah, 160k (Oricon) or 200k (Billboard) are good sales given the circumstances.
    Bring a second gen and proper promotion for the group, the girls and the song, and you should add a few thousands to it.

17. Arinko

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
    ^ so in summary, the NGT48 members are doing fine.

@banana is an example why I said people in the forum should not predict doom and gloom. When the general public google NGT48, they will get all these negative posts. You already could have turned away a potential fan. Are we here as fans or antis?

A group or organisation doing very well can go under just because of negative public perception.

18. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

Care must be taken with the 2nd gen though.
    Why I adamantly against its inclusion so soon is, unlike 1st gen, 2nd gen always has it harshest in reception rate(Check any group and see how most of the fans are rotating around the 1st gen) and proper exposure(Check any group and see only ace(s) of 2nd gen that is promoted correctly in the first year after their debut. The rest? some will catches up but not all will get the same treatment).

Of course they will add the profit(At least for the pushed 2nd gen ace(s)), but they may add another fatigue too.

Regardless, the draft is near. I'll leave it as it is as NGT will obviously grab some addition member on their roster. May they get promoted as well as how 1st gen get.

19. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

But a second gen is expected.
    And a third. And a fourth. And so on.

Sure, the bondw the girls form when there are around 20 of them are great, but the 48 groups are to be, at least, three teams of 16 plus some spare KKS.
    That's the system.

20. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

Yes, it's a necessity. But wrong timing (like, doing that before the previous gen achieved it's best exposure possible) and it may ended up with more mimimum-selling member instead. Though for NGT, I assume all has been done for the 1st gen at this point, unlike when debut single comes.

The very same system also implicitly comes with more or less limited amount of member in respective group single senbatsu, the amount of opportunity that rarely rise in-parallel (whether it spread well or not) with the rising amount of member, and it doesn't even guarantee as much new fans as when the respective group debuted, resulting in higher gap of popularity in long run. And it's something that might affect the active member decision about the future.

Sorry to say, but it is a utopia system that actually works if and only if the ratio of fans per active member were above the threshold. And when it doesn't, the equilibrium will comes by itself, either by the increase of fans, or the decrease of......

It's a blessing in disguise that NGT only lost 2 members in the span of 2 years. Something that some of us might have been overlooked in this stagnancy. Maybe by me too until recently.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2018