1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single NGT48 2nd [Sekai wa Doko Made Aozora na no ka?] (2017/12/06)

Discussion in 'NGT48 News & Releases' started by namine, Sep 7, 2017.

1. antares

antares Kenkyuusei

On Max Toki 315 from Akihabara to Niigata
    Oshimen:
    sugaharariko
    This is a very bad sale actually. We can explain the low sale in the 1st single was due to SSK. How to explain this? Fans prefer to spend money for HS in AKB single than in their own group single?

NGT fans are following SKE pattern: try hard on AKB activities to strengthen the group status but starve the group in its own activities. How many SKE girls get a good treatment from AKB based on their SSK rank? Vanity is not food. Fans should better focus on the group activities. A stronger group will create more and equal chances to all members.

2. UrFavAsianGuy

UrFavAsianGuy Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino

Hmmm AKB's 11 Gatsu no Anklet and AKB's upcoming two shot album?

3. Arinko

Arinko Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
    There are some who would want to wait to buy the CD today.

4. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    LOL you always have these excuses [hehe] AKB have 5 releases every year! And SG have many releases. It's mean that NGT haven't any chance to sell more than they have

5. antares

antares Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sugaharariko
    If a NGT fan uses it as an excuse of not buying NGT single, I will kick his ass

6. theworldofwindow

theworldofwindow Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sutoririka
    The only reasonable explanation for this is NGT48 fans don't give a damn about buying singles. I guess they are more focused on SSK? (yeah, talk about Ogiyuka rank #1 next year)

7. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

May your feet can handle kicking multiple ass, more than you know.

8. antares

antares Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sugaharariko
    Well, they spent alot of money on HS in AKB single 50, much much more than what they spent on NGT single. Instead of doing HS in the group single, why waste money elsewhere? Yes, AKB HS has more gimmicks. But if you are a dedicated NGT, it is a shame to abandon your group that way.

SKE spends a lot of money in RH and SSK. What did they get? 1 album (100k) and 1 single (< 300k, under the shadow of Keya’s album thanks to AkiP bias) for the whole year. They have a lot of members ranking high in SSK but how many of them got a bone from AKS in the 50th AKB single? Fans must rethink of how they should spend money to support their group.

9. Dee

Dee Kenkyuusei

The boy group can have their #1.
    What bothers me is the 6k loss compared to the first single. It would've been upsetting if they got the same numbers, let alone a 6k deficit.

About the single, I've said it when the songs first released that SNS's was my fav.
    My top 3 are: SNS > blue sky > Nanikagairu

What do you expect when NGT48 promotes and pushes their members based on AKB48's SSK and HS results? Management hasn't given us a reason to prioritize NGT48's singles.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
  10. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    120k ain't bad at all tho.

So anyways all groups who had their single dished out recently generally dropped in sales right?

Just a gut feeling, summoning the stats guys.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

11. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

NGT48's 2nd Single (Sekai wa Doko Made Aozora na no Ka?) (2nd Day Sales)
    Day 2:
    12,174 (133,508) (2nd)

Past Day Sales
    Day 1: 121,334 (2nd)

12. antares

antares Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sugaharariko
    I will prioritize NGT singles. A stronger group will create more and equal chances to all members. NGT can do it, particularly w/ the help of Sony. Pushing the group inside AKB is not a right way. You are always under the shadow of AKB, always depends on the ***** management of AKS. Only few favored members or super successful girls (Nakai, Ogi) can have something from AKB. Other girls have tiny to nothing. I do not want the girls mass graduate due to lack of jobs and exposer when the group itself is weak, like what happened to SKE.

13. Arinko

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
    I prioritise buying NGT48 CDs and any CDs with NGT48 members involvement. I support my oshimen by supporting the group she works in/for and so that she has a workplace.

All the girls are under AKS management except for OgiYuka and Rika post 9th SSK. I do not feel that any of the girls are pushed to AKB48.

The AKB48 SSK is supposed to be popularity based on how the fans voted. That is why it is called an election. This year is it for the 49th single. OgiYuka, Hinata and Kitarie being away most of the time is part and parcel of the SSK.

For many of the girls, getting called up to be involved in AKB48 singles is like a dream. Hinatan was sad that she wasn't chosen to be in the senbatsu for the 50th eventhough she applied for it and she is a Mayu fan. Katomina was involved in a few AKB side performances last year. This year she's feeling she's been left behind.

You can't blame management for using fan voted SSK results to choose the senbatsu. If OgiYuka didn't get her center position, fans would have flipped! On the Japanese discussion sites, it seems type b is not selling as fast as type c. Fans react to over pushes by management.

Management uses all the different methods to gauge how popular a member is. Handshakes, CD sales, SSK, Showroom ...... Fans have a way to affect decision-making. So if you feel your oshimen is not getting pushed, go do something about it as a fan of hers.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
  14. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

The thing with the sales of SG is that we don’t really know how much they need for the group to be sustainable.

If we believe that SDN was disbanded due to poor sales, then maybe the 100k mark is around the limit.
    Everything else can be counted as a plus, I guess.

Still, having a release sandwiched between AKB releases is always going to be the case for the SG.
    Everybody knows the pattern for their releases:
    - Album in January
    - Single in March
    - Single in June (SSK!)
    - Single in August
    - Single in November

Any SG that releases before or after is going to suffer from those, because AKB is always going to offer more.
    It’s the fans choice if they want to see a random stage of their oshi in an AKB HS or want to support their own singles even if they do less.

Sony could push for more aggressive tactics, but I doubt AKS would allow them.
    I’m surprised NGT and HKT got to do the whole individual videos tbh, so...

Anyway
    NGT seems to be doing ‘fine’ if we don’t compare them to the golden era of the 48G.
    Have in mind HKT debuted with two whole gens and they’ve always debuted around 200k.

And also, let’s wait for Billboard lol

15. antares

antares Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sugaharariko
    NGT is still new so it looks fine. However, after the hype goes down, they will suffer. Look at SKE and HKT for references. After SSK, with all the buzz + the support from Sony, this is a golden chance for NGT to go big and escape that fate. However, instead of increasing, their single sale went down. It is a disaster.
    Pushing hard in AKB HS is a trap. Sister groups are dying for it. They are never favored by AKS, so it is better to strengthen their bare feet. Keya46 can be big because they do not depend on Nogi46.

Btw, my discs have arrived:
    24796551_10214813634076326_1563310749771214716_n.jpg 24775018_10214813685917622_5020002629766989615_n.jpg

16. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Surprised no one mentioned this already

Billboard (From Soundscan Japan) has it as 185,673 Units sold after 2 Days (2nd Place of course behind BTS's 379,101).

http://www.billboard-japan.com/d_news/detail/58193/2

17. Arinko

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
    When the hype goes down, will you also also stop supporting the group?

Billboard stated the 2nd single's 2nd day sales is already higher than their 1st single's initial 3-day total.

OgiYuka and Hinatan have already stated in interviews, hurdles they will have to face - keeping the momentum, Kitarie graduating and next gen. The girls are very aware that they will be hitting a wall soon. As a fan, I am satisfied to know the group is taking on the issues head on.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
  18. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Those are called band-wagoners lol

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

19. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    + Sakamichi! Fanbase is mostly same

20. Maria Lamezon

Maria Lamezon Kenkyuusei

YOU GOT NOE, I'm so jealous :(( Mine will probably arrive in a month or so
    And i agree, pushing them just in the ssk is not that important. Yeah, is good promotion for the 10 girls or so who rank, but what about the rest? And the sales all go to AKB, so i think is more important to support the group, not just one member. I am not working right now, so i could just afford one type, but I hope that on the next single i can buy all of them!!