Single NGT48 4th [Sekai no Hito e] (2018/10/03)

Discussion in 'NGT48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Arbios

Arbios Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    i hope this single becomes their best selling so far
    since sales have been dropping with each release

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Agreed. I mean this should do ALOT better then the 3rd Single (Honestly hope they stop releasing NGT48 singles in April now) but not do better then the first 2 singles.

Honestly hope the 5th Single is released in February.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    I noticed there's some interesting arguments being made inside of the interview (more prominently the imagine question which is mentioned in the title), so I hope you guys don't mind if I gave it a little translation...
    [​IMG]

After transitioning to its new internal organization, following the graduation of the original captain Rie Kitahara last April, the recent formation of Team G in addition to the existing Team NIII, and more, NGT48, which is now entering a new chapter of its own, is just about to release their 4th Single "Sekai no Hito he". Starting with Ogino Yuka, serving as the center, and continuing with Homma Hinata, Kato Minami and Yamaguchi Maho, here we are with the four people working as captains and vice-captain of each team, to ask them about this new song.

ーーSo, it turns out that the MV for the 4th single "Sekai no Hito he" was shot in Russia.

Ogino: Right. It was actually shot in Vladivostok, which is a sister city of Niigata. This being Russia, I thought it would be a far away place from here, but what with taking about 2 hours to reach by plane, it turned out to be closer than I imagined.

Yamaguchi: I am a native of Aomori myself, and the fact that it actually takes less time than it would to return back to Aomori had me surprised. (laugh)

Homma: Given how it's in a place facing directly the Sea of Japan, I would've imagined it to have more of an Asian feeling to it also, but the atmosphere was European through and through.

Kato: And it was such an extremely beautiful city.

ーーEven the costumes felt as if they blended in well with the streets of Vladisvostok.

Homma: This time around they were stylish, not to mention the fact that the vertical body line is clearly noticeable makes it fashionable too, I feel it matches well with the urban atmosphere.

Yamaguchi: Also, while in all the costumes so far there was a red element included, in this one it wasn't.

Ogino: At first I thought it was also the same for all the members, but in reality there are slight variations in the color from one another, and the design of the finest details are different.

Kato: As for mine, since I am short and all, the lapel was also made smaller than that of everyone else.

Ogino: Eeh!? Wait, it's true!

ーー(laugh) Also, could you please tell your impression at watching the completed MV?

Homma: It all starts with the story of this Russian girl whose name is Arina-chan, the talking part is all in Russian language, however, with subtitles in Japanese added to it, to the point that at first I was having some doubts about it, as in "Are you sure this is really our MV?" (laugh). But anyway, by the time I finished watching it, it all felt really moving to me, having given me courage, the kind of which is possible to transmit to any person of the world only with Ogino-chan as the center.

Kato: The text of the lyrics send out an exhortation to "Go on and be happy", but it doesn't only fill you with emotions, it also allows you to empathize with it. The more emotions it gives you, the more it is able to draw you inside of it, which is why I couldn't help thinking "Isn't it the most powerful song ever"? The MV has a Russian feeling to it, but at the same time it brings out a certain NGT48 identity as well, enough to equal it. Before the beginning of the project, each single member had in fact a one-on-one conversation with the director. As for me, since I had experience with baton twirling, a scene was set up where I would join in with the people of a circus troupe from around the place and show myself rotating a baton, but anyway this is a MV that allowed each single personal characteristic of the members to distinctly come through, in the same fashion.

ーーGiven also a title like "Sekai no Hito he" and the fact that the shootings were conducted abroad, this turned out to be a song doing things on a large scale.

Ogino: Besides, I feel that with this 4th single, NGT48's image has at last been settled. When it comes to AKB48, there are many song about romance featuring cute costumes with miniskirts, with HKT48 there are many energetic songs, for each group there exists a peculiar trait to it, but as far as NGT48 is concerned, it's this feeling of "Everyone, all together...", while it might not be quite about praying for peace, I perceive there're many songs carrying a strong message value inside.

ーーHence why this song's center was handled by Ogino-san...

Ogino: In the case of NGT48, all the 3 singles so far featured a different member as center, I felt that, as a basic rule, even the centers from that point on would stay fluid, but this time I couldn't help thinking how the rankings of the AKB48 World Senbatsu Sousenkyo, held last June, were reflected into it. When the Senbatsu members and the center were announced on Showroom, I was watching it together with my family. And since I wasn't antincipating any of it at all, I was surprised when I grasped that the center would be me. However, to link it with today's song, as it is suggested by the words "Everyone, all together..." that are also in the lyrics, regardless of being the center or not, my hope is that we could all put our efforts together while all being on the same standing.

ーーIncluded among today's coupling songs are also team songs. Up until now there existed only Team NIII, but Team G was also created since then. Seeing as how we have the captains and vice-captains of each respective team now with us, I would like to ask about what the special features of each team are.

Homma: I have the opportunity of being the Team G captain. Being a newly-formed team, I want for it to show off some different traits than NIII, which is already matured and fully-formed, hence why we are currently in the process of talking about it between everyone of us as wedevelop it.

Yamaguchi: As the vice-captain that I am, I am of course of the same mind as them, but I have got to say all the members within Team G love this team very much. On the same day we began our activities as Team G, we discussed with each other about what kind of team we wanted it to be. Up until that point we the members have been participating in our activities all together at once, and with the number of people being so high, so was the number of girls who couldn't manage to voice their own opinion. However, now that we have shifted to the current organization, I'm resolved to make it a team where everyone would have the possibility to express their own views.

Homma: The time we spend having serious discussions and thinking about team matters has gone up, but on the other hand, so has the time just having silly talk all together. (laugh)

Yamaguchi: I know right, isn't that fun. Makes me feel lucky to have become part of Team G.

ーーWhat about Team NIII?

Kato: Captain Kato here. I've been working as part of NIII ever since the group itself was formed, as such I feel it would be just a waste to tear anything down just to craft it back from scratch. Right now, we also have new kouhais joining in, such as the 3rd Draft and the 2nd generation members, and so I find it important for us to pass down to them what we have done so far as it currently is.

Ogino: As for the vice-captain, this is me. Lately, after the theater show is over, we would receive a video of it and then go on to share it with everyone else through LINE, we would discuss it with each other along the lines of "That part was such and such", we would also have meetings for review and reflections. After that, right before the beginning of the next theater show, we would double-check things all together, as in "Last time it ended up like that, so this time let's be careful about it", before going.

Kato: Everyone is putting in a lot of effort into their work, as of late. Not to mention, on this side it all feels so cozy and comfortable, with everything being so fun and peaceful.

Homma: Hey, it's not like on our side things don't look peaceful, either! (laugh)

ーーI see it has been made it clear that both side go about things with fun, after all. (laugh) Next, let me ask you about each respective team song. Let's start from Team NIII's "Kokoro ni Taiou" first.

Ogino: Both this song and its MV are so much amusing! The subject is that Kato, as a quite clumsy captain, gets coached and educated by the other members, who turn into her own managers, everyone joins forces with the common intention of "Let's make her the greatest captain ever, to make this a great team!"

Homma: When I watched it for the first time, i couldn't stop laughing. It must have be the first time I saw Kato play such a weird character. The surprise factor is also what made it so great.

Kato: A short version was already published on the YouTube official channel, but there'll be a huge plot twist happening in the second part, which can't be watched there.

Ogino: Right, it'll make you harder than the first part, I want anyone to go ahead and see it!

ーーAnd then, as for Team G's "Curtain no Gara", this is a type of song that was nowhere to be found in NGT48 until then.

Homma: It has a taste completely different from that of NIII's "Kokoro ni Taiou", and even in comparison to the NGT48 songs up to this point, this is a song with a heavy feel to it. Anyone surely has lingering somewhere inside their hearts some little emotional connections which inevitably come back to mind after meeting again with a person related to those old times, and both the MV and the song itself are the kind that will let anyone experience the emotiveness of such moments.

Yamaguchi: It should be said that the everyday Team G has a much more cheerful feeling than that. We all play videogames together, or word-association games, we laugh to no end. But I do wonder if it isn't exactly because of this, that we could leave inhibitions behind and dare to do even a dark song like that.

Homma: I think that thanks to this song, our power of expression as a whole team has also become broader. I feel happy that we can try our hand at different types of songs this way.

Yamaguchi: And the MV, too, it first depicts us in the present dressed in school outfits, and then ourselves in the future 10 years later. Even in that regard, it turned out to be a MV like there has never been before.

ーーOther than that, songs performed by the Niigata Showroom Senbatsu, the Niigatta Friend Senbatsu, as well as all 21 Kenkyuusei members are also included inside, each one of them distinctive in their own character.

Ogino: That's right, any of them are such good songs, so I would like for many people to give them a listen as well.

ーーLastly, could each one of you tell us what is something you would like to do in the next future?

Homma: As for me, I really want to hold a concert tour. Of course, I would like for people to come and seeour theater shows, but it's also true there are many people living far away who are unable to get there, thus we would love to make the rounds of various destinations instead, including also the prefectures neighboring Niigata, or Kyuusyuu where we rarely ever had the chance to go.

Kato: This summer we had the opportunity to appear and perform at many events. To the point even fans have told us this "turned out to be the best summer ever". As such, it would be best to keep carrying on with this current momentum even into the future. Ogino and such have already doing it even before, but with the other 1st generation members also starting their own Twitter, I would like for many people to learn about ourselves by way of social media.

Yamaguchi: With a single whose title is "To the people of the world" and all, this is such a hard-earned opportunity we have come by, so we'd like for this to eventually become a group capable to reach out and promote itself to the people of various foreign countries as well.

Ogino: My thoughts are also close to that of Mahohon, although for the time being I'd love to see us have a live concert in Russia where we shot the MV itself, and then gain popularity even among the Russian people. (laugh) But anyway, it would be best, while still treating the theater shows in Niigata with due importance, to also turn our sights to the world out there, right?

Last edited: Oct 1, 2018
    • Like Like x 8
  4. steph

steph Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nyan Nyan Kamen

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 2
  5. Arinko

Arinko Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BoX-fH6hqN7/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1e0njxsr2l43p
    https://www.nikkansports.com/entertainment/akb48/news/201809300000949.html
    https://www.musicman-net.com/artist/79694
    https://entameclip.com/news/129629
    https://realsound.jp/2018/10/post-257757.html
    https://natalie.mu/music/news/301894

Just looked up Tadanobu Asano and he seems to have done voices for Marvel's Thor movies (must be for the Japanese releases). His link to NGT48 seems to be that he is an acquaintance of the MV director.

Man, NGT48 seem to be linking up people not related to the typical 'idol' world.

On other news, Ogiyuka, Rika, Hinatan and Noepii will be on All Night Nippon on 20181003 as "NGT48 no All Night Nippon" for the 1st time (if Google translated it right).
    http://www.allnightnippon.com/news/20181001-30059/?pg=akb

Last edited: Oct 1, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 4
  6. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    • Like Like x 3
  7. steph

steph Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nyan Nyan Kamen
    ^^I'm trying to vote for them but I dont know what to put as the reason lol I'm trying to use the example template they provided but I don't know any shops in japan so I think I'll just BS it

8. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    I just said because they're amazing. wwwwww

• Like Like x 2
  9. otabe

otabe Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    soraland
    so uh.. I never listened to a NGT48 song before... o_O and I just checked out the MV for sekai no hitoe.. IM LOVING THIS SONG. it has such good vibes and the MV has such good aesthetics that i'm just sitting here like :eek: have i been missing out on good tracks all this time?!?! :cold:

10. Mikuriin

Mikuriin Future Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Yes. Try their 2nd single.

11. Arinko

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
    You only have 4 singles to catch up on but be warned there is no set genre. Even on the one single, the songs can be very different.

Using a VPN to create a Japanese Spotify account. Since it is a free account, it will only show you music available to you according to where you are, so your VPN need to be active on a Japanese IP to see Japanese specific material.
    2018-10-02_20-15-29.jpg

NGT48 performing To the people of the World at NHK UTACON
    https://twitter.com/k3pofutatabi2/status/1047083382604161024
    https://twitter.com/k3pofutatabi2/status/1047083388803244032

https://twitter.com/HEARTSTATION648/status/1047083025001893889
    https://twitter.com/HEARTSTATION648/status/1047083031213658112

Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 4
  12. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Thanks to DHL getting this package halfway round the world to me in just 36 hours from CDJapan (and to UK Customs for not holding it up!) I've got some nice viewing and listening to look forward to when I get home from work this evening: :)

876AE081-BFE4-4CE9-A0F0-5F160B6751A3.jpeg

Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  13. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Sekai Wa Doko Made Aozora Na No Ka fucking masterpiece!

Everytime Yuka is the center, always a great song!

Too bad got ruined by the sales because Crazy Niigata Farmers focus on Rikuawa more but I hope tomorrow we got so much good news about the sales.

14. Arbios

Arbios Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    what does the russian text on the bottom say? is it the title in russian or something else?

15. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Basically the title. from the wiki: Людям всего мира

Google translate says "People around the World" and for 世界の人へ, "To the People of the World."

16. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

17. humbal

humbal Next Girls

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    The performarnce and interview in youtube

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  18. Arinko

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Which is why these machine translators are so far behind from us.

People is люди, but if you add the ям ending you are basically saying to the people.
    Same goes with все and мир turning into всего and мира.

The Russian in the end it's more like To the People of the Whole World, which sounds weird in English, but I guess it makes sense for them.

ANYWAY curious about the sales. Hopefully they'll see an increase from the 3rd single.

• Informative Informative x 2
  20. Arbios

Arbios Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    both performances were good and i liked how each member got their own screentime
    love the YukirinxKatomina pair