1. We have new admins and are making big plans for 2019 and beyond. Please read the state of the forum here and support if you can!

NGT48 Assault Case

Discussion in 'General NGT48 Discussion' started by Cisalpine88, Jan 9, 2019.

1. nobodywil

nobodywil Kenkyuusei

Last time I checked, Sony didn’t hire or removed Imamura... [hehe]

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. shining445

shining445 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    jonishikei
    Expected results but still very disappointing.

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Konno A.

Konno A. Rank 81-100 (Temporary Name)

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    I wonder if they plan to release a single relatively soon now that the "investigation" is over. I also wonder if some other members who weren't involved are thinking of leaving the group too cause like NGT doesn't look so hot right now and all of them are young so like they can move on (unless they really love NGT or something). i assume management has put up a wall or something that no one can announce their graduations till later this year or during the "SSK time" period so it doesn't look suspicious on anyone's part.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  4. shining445

shining445 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    jonishikei
    Now that the third party committee has given the "all is clear" statement, I wonder if NGT management will beg for sponsors again.

Heck, I wonder if any bank or company would even want to try to have a partnership again even after all this. Interesting thought.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  5. nobodywil

nobodywil Kenkyuusei

Time for NGT to go underground...

If they aren’t there already. [hehe]

• Creative Creative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  6. rka

rka Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    tanigawaairi
    Twitter:
    rka_01
    I am interested in how the actual members handle the future of the group.

I am really wondering if the situation can be fixed. A substantial amount of members have apparently crossed the line of what is considered as approbiate connection to fans (whatever is considered as approbiate; it seems to be a pretty grey area). For these members, life must have been really good in NGT48. All advantages of being an idol PLUS ignoring all the restrictions of it. Now, this is apparently over, and of course this can only increase the tension between them and the group of "chaste" members with Maho at the forefront (and those being neutral). I wonder if they can pretend to have a real chemistry ever again. So, they really need to work hard to form a credible bond now. Because teams without chemistry are bad teams. And bad teams usually fail.

Another thing:
    I have mentally been somewhat struggling with this whole situation, which is why i stopped posting here some time ago. Not regarding what happened to Maho (1. the assault itself, 2. that bizarre apology), for which it is crystal clear who is evil and who is not; but with the obvious segregation between those members who dabble with fans, and those who don't. I wondered how in 2019 one can really blame young women to be romantically involved, and e.g. mark them as "sluts" (as frequently done in other outlets).

But then it striked me that it is not really about romantic relationships. It is much more about unfairness and sportsmanship. Competition between members is a crucial part of the game, and every idol is potentially able to wrap some rich wota around their little fingers in exchange for special treatment. Fishers do that all the time, but in a defined and limiting context. If the special treatment however involves physical contact, unsupervised meetings etc, this clearly crosses a line, and gives unfair advantages over those idols, who potentially could do the same, but rather play it out fair. In a way, this is not different from compensated dating.

In fact, i really do not care so much anymore if members do have boyfriends/girlfriends or date. It doesn't really concern me, because i will never be their boyfriend, anyway; and i am only here to be entertained by entertaining cute girls (who btw do not stop being entertaining and cute, if they date but do not tell us).

But not playing by the rules, when others do, this does irritate me a lot.

• Agree x 13
    • Like x 7
    • Informative x 2
    • Disagree x 1
    • Useful x 1
  7. wlerin

wlerin Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Muto Tomu
    They can't force the police to press charges if they don't think there's enough evidence. The justice system in Japan just doesn't work like that. But they are considering bringing a civil suit against the attackers in order to discourage further incidents. That was in the 4th line of the report summary you read.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. nobodywil

nobodywil Kenkyuusei

The one that got agencies like your Rikas, your Yukas... etc. most likely are untouchable. They got backup plans. :cool:

The ones still under AKS... Well, we will see what happens next... [hehe]

9. broz0rs

broz0rs Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    • Informative Informative x 15
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. Konno A.

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    Honestly...just reading it again, those men would have done more to her if someone didn't come by from the elevator and that's utterly terrifying. And based on her testimony whoever member E is is for sure implicit in this (and it seems member E wasn't even there so she just left the two men alone knowing very well her co-workers reside in the same apartment? That's insane). And with how detailed Maho's testimony is it's also quite saddening that management is sweeping this away. She didn't seem to miss a beat about what happened to her. i'm even more astonished by how strong maho is in all of this. the way she describes her attack is vicious.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  11. rka

Oshimen:
    tanigawaairi
    Twitter:
    rka_01
    I don't understand your logic with Member E. Member E is first mentioned as the one member Maho tried first to reach (maybe just because she lived on the same floor). Maho then tried to reach her by phone, but E was too far away for immediate support. Only then Maho called D.

The last chapter i fail to understand. D joins Maho "to hear about the member's involvement", they went to floor #1 together, met the man #1 and #2, and #3 who just joined, and "along with them" they headed to the park?! TOGETHER?!

Can someone clarify? I might be too tired.

12. Reveen

Reveen Upcoming Girls

That part of the statement is puzzling because it's doesn't tie in with what Maho said on twitter but it is very like what Bunshun and Friday reported which makes me think that the Committee are mixing sources in the statement.

Instead of publishing this as a narrative they should publish the interview statements of all the members.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Konno A.

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    Hmm see i read it like maho knew the guys were associated with member E hence why she went to her room and then tried to contact her first. not sure how many members lived on that floor either but it seems E and D were the ones that are aligned with the men here.

people do weird shit (and honestly they already attacked her i would be scared to not know where they are at all times). like the men saying sorry to maho after literally attacking her and then they all go to park and act normal?? Clearly it wasn't like that or Maho wouldn't have come out with her story online since management didn't do shit right.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. rka

Oshimen:
    tanigawaairi
    Twitter:
    rka_01
    If we have the two options:
    1. Maho called people from her inner "list of good people i would call immediately after i was attacked in my own appartment and in hyperventilating mode." (Maybe E only because E is a floormate.)
    2. Maho called people from her inner "list of members i know who hang with the two guys who just beat me to the floor"

i personally would tend to option 1. Safety first.

Also, if Maho already knew D was involved with the men, she would in no way take member D to the guys to confront them to hear about members' involvement. D would never be the ally one needs in such a situation.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  15. tuxedo_gin

tuxedo_gin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    onishimomoka
    Yeah, I think the fact that Maho told them to wait on the first floor (and they did) and then went to a park to talk to them makes it pretty clear that Maho already knew the men in question. Sounds like she wanted answers from them about wtf they were doing exactly and why.

If she knew them through their relationship with a member, then it is kind of bullshit to say no member was involved. This situation is a direct result of that member’s inappropriate contact with fans.

• Agree Agree x 6
  16. tuxedo_gin

tuxedo_gin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    onishimomoka
    Unless she took member D to meet with them to demand she explain herself. We just don’t know all the facts and we need realize we won’t know all the facts. This isn’t an unbiased report from outside investigators.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Konno A.

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    i would honestly go with option 2 since my safety was already tarnished. she was already attacked so go to the person who invited the men in right and talk about what just happened. And good chance they've been over before so she probably has seen them before in passing.

kind of goes back to what you said in an earlier post: the playing field is not leveled at all and NGT management does not seem to care.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Upcoming Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    You are possibly correct about the committee mixing up sources (also, the suspects couldn't respond/didn't respond to the committee's request also according to the same report, so I fear that on top of being confused on idols in general and what a "matomedashi" does, they were made to work with zero informations at hand, to the point they had to literally look up for additional stuff on message boards!).

To prove that, there was a part at the beginning of what was supposed to be Maho's testimony which is actually a retelling of the attackers asking member A about when Maho would be home. Granted, this part is prefaced by the clarification that "This is not something that Yamaguchi herself experienced", but I chose to omit it from the translation entirely because, why the hell wouldn't I?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  19. tuxedo_gin

tuxedo_gin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    onishimomoka
    It's not really shocking that the team of three lawyers closely related to the management of the group and who have a financial incentive to see the group return to normal operations has released a report that doesn't answer many questions and frames testimony in a way that makes everyone look blameless.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Upcoming Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    About returning to normal operations, I'm pretty sure the sponsors will be elated to find out that one of the explanations provided about why such an incident ever happened (see page 24) is, not even kidding, the "pecularities of Niigata", which means literally that the city is small, provincial and transportation and infrastructures are underdeveloped, which allegedly makes it easier for stalkers to follow a shuttle bus all the way to the member's buildings (oh, did I tell you people that they were stuck making up a whole argument around such a premise for the entire time?).
    Basically this whole garbage of a report devolved from fact-checking into pure theory-making very early into it.

• Winner Winner x 15