1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

NGT48 Assault Case

Discussion in 'General NGT48 Discussion' started by Cisalpine88, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Dirkkun

Dirkkun Kenkyuusei

• Informative Informative x 12
    • Like Like x 3
  2. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    That's honestly just really sad. Of course people are still whining, you've done literally nothing!

Regarding the wezzy article, I wonder if 'A'-san has any relation to her name (as in Anju, Aina, Ayuka, Aoi, Ayusa, Ando) or if they just used it as the first letter of the alphabet

• Like Like x 10
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. Puni

Puni Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    puni_2k
    The latter is very common in Japan.
    You'll find A-san, B-san, C-san... in nearly every textbook.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Since this has received the most interest, I'm going to expand on it.
    To be more clear, this was during a panel of the Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare from April 16 (that is just yesterday). I don't know how much can be found in English on the Internet, but also of note: the person asking also happened to be Itou Kazuko, a lawyer and secretary general of the NGO organization Human Rights Now, who participated as an external expert.
    A video clip taken from the question session can be found here: https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1118143969857351680/pu/vid/640x360/rQrPd62Hk6nbm3p0.mp4

The transcript of the panel question is as follows:
    "It has come up on the recent news, also. This person from the idol group NGT48 whose name is Yamaguchi Maho-san, despite being the victim, was made to apologize in front of a public, and currently is finding herself placed under a condition of isolation.
    This way how, by simply declaring the fact that one had been the victim of harm, one would feel threatened about her life -- about possibly losing her job, also, while being exposed to bashing. This sense of terror from it...
    To all the women that suffer every day the abuses of sexual harassment, this has huge chilling effects on them. Even though you have been viction of abuses, there's nobody you can consult with, you have no option but to be silent about it, this is the situation that it helps shaping up.
    There's many people who arrive to our place, coming to have a consultation. They come here for a consultation while feeling extremely afraid.
    In order to overcome the way such a society makes it hard for a female to live in it, I believe it is necessary to promulgate some clear and drastic measures against sexual harassment."
    "

Last edited: Dec 25, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 3
  5. ysa73

ysa73 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Rissen Airi
    • Informative Informative x 23
    • Like Like x 6
  6. sdn48oshi

sdn48oshi Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka
    Wow even Yukirin’s agency is like “nope”

• Like Like x 12
    • Agree Agree x 6
  7. ysa73

ysa73 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Rissen Airi
    • Like Like x 2
  8. ethereallimbo

ethereallimbo Kenkyuusei

Even Maho? Consider me gobsmacked. I think this is her first official NGT48 appearance since her public "apology".

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    That explanation assumes too much. It is the first suggestion for きょうさ for me (or rather, the word chosen via tab completion--I'd never used the word on that device before), and さ and は are right next to each other on a 12-button phone-style keypad.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Old Old x 1
  10. Dirkkun

Dirkkun Kenkyuusei

April 17
    http://40298ch.com/test/read.cgi/karakoro/1548413013/349
    • Maho, Riko and Rena will be at the Team G senshuuraku.
    • An AKS rep said to Asahi Shinbun that Yamaguchi's participation was decided following a discussion between management and Maho herself.
    • Maho's participation was hinted by a reasearch student stopping practice for final show.
    • The other day, DMM issued a warning to not spread clips of their videos.
    • Sports Hochi: article included a diagram with Tano and Nishigata's names and pictures.
    • Daily: Cancellation of Maho goods. Over 1900 comments on Yahoo news.
    • Hasegawa mobame apologizing for not being at the spring festival.
    • The president of Iwashita foods does not trust AKS.
    • Kashiwagi's concurrency ends.
    • The contract with the Niigata prefecture remains on hold. The governor doesn't feel like the situation has changed.
    • A video of the part of yesterday's National Diet panel that mentioned Yamaguchi Maho.

• Informative Informative x 19
    • Like Like x 2
  11. sakurazaki

sakurazaki Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    ec_delacroix
    Maho hasn't properly announced her graduation, right? I think she'll do it tomorrow (and her friends too)

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. welp

welp Next Girls

My impression of team dissolution is the agency finds accused members non problematic. I guess they have been obedient to the board, nothing they have done is against the rule/the consent from the board. Also, seemingly, all Team N III's members went along fine, Nishigata and the gang likely treated their friends nicely (although their choices of what were nice could be questionable). The board might think that, if the gang saw Team G's members as their friends, they would treat them better and vice versa.

I find the decision to save NGT48 illogical business wise yet, this can be something of Japanese ethics, to keep their promises to the end. If there is even 1 business partner who won't ditch NGT48, AKS too won't.

I doubt if AKS will actually file civil case against Jo Gang and what can they gain from the lawsuit. The economic loss incurring from the crime is mostly due to the agency's incompetence and not directly from the wrongdoing of the culprit.

Then, why not put yourself in accused member's shoes? I don't believe they are that vile or they must have offended Team N III's members outside of their clique.

Has the couch casting/power abusing sexual assault in Hollywood eradicated after the #metoo movement?

Even if AKS crumble, still, they are other countless other shitty agencies in the country, some are even shittier.

Jennie Kim caught dating Kai against the agency's 3 year dating ban and, aside from online commotions, nothing much has happened to her. Her group even has become more valuable. Soojin caught dating Hui and nothing really has happened to I-DLE. Neverland was calm despite how ridiculous Cube's denial was. Yet, fans will uproar if an idol dates a masternim and most agencies will suspend the idol.

Love how you totally disregarded The Fact.

Usually, in yakuza world, there is the line between gangs. A gang should not invade into another gang's territory. They may not abide by the law yet, they follow their own rules.

How could you compare the scale of what YG has evidently or hypothetically involved to AKS?
    YG has
    repeatedly evaded tax,
    been investigated by the police if it bribed municipal officers,
    repeatedly violated Building Act,
    received preferential treatment from Choi Soonsil,
    its employees, idols included, involving in drug cases.

Also, it has been speculated to have something to do with accusations against Seungri including
    meditating prostitution,
    oversea tax evasion/money laundering and,
    drug distribution.
    Among Seungri's business partners were
    Koji Aoyama, the president of KRH Construction and the husband of Alisa Mizuki
    Madam Lin, the queen of Taiwan's gambling business,
    Peter Lim, the president of Valencia Football Club.

And, no, aside from LVMH, no one is leaving YG. Naver ain't leaving YG and Kia Motors sponsoring Black Pink's concert tour. YG possibly will be saved by Black Pink.

However common the delayed explanation is in J-pop industry, it doesn't work.

In your dream. AKS won't fire Maho and there is nothing for her to win living in the dungeon. This is simply a lose-lose situation.

I ignorant uneducated fool wanna say that
    legally speaking, police custody equates to detention
    the gravity of detention is in between imprisonment and fine.
    To place the punishment on the culprit, the court must put in consideration the duration of detention the culprit has faced before the verdict.
    What have been clear are
    - 2 guys ambushed and assaulted Maho at the apartment.
    - The assault caused no physical harm to Maho.
    Anything beyond these is disputable/speculation.
    Thus, this is a case of assault without physical harm, a misdemeanor, a petty crime. In many countries, such crime won't go to court but end with fine at police station/prosecutor office. This means, even if the case had been filed to the court, the culprit would not receive further legal penalty as he had been punished beyond deserving punishment.

Assault, regardless of the severity of the harm onto the victim, is state offense.

• Dislike x 21
    • Disagree x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Old x 1
  13. eko p

eko p Kenkyuusei

Instead of picking petty things from people posts, some people here should just be honest
    Just say it, “the perpetrator already pay for their crime!!!”
    “I love okappa, fuck Maho! I want to enjoy NGT as before!”
    Just say it and let us see what color are you

When some company want some 48 members to represent or promote their product, it is the management or the agency who do the negotiation on members behalf
    When some company use unlicensed 48 members material for their profit, it is the management or the agency who will sue them on members behalf
    All of that because the management or the agency also act as members lawyer

If Nigatta prosecutor think that the case isn’t worth their time, it is the management/agency job to sue the perpetrator themselves
    Holding the perpetrators in custody are not punishment as the perpetrators record are still clean
    Japan police took drunk people from Japan streets all the time and put them in to their custody, are you want to say that being drunk in Japan punishable by jail time??

For those who like to pick petty things I must tell you, I’m not native English speaker
    I bet you have many thing to pick from my post here [hehe]

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Winner Winner x 4
  14. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    "Anything beyond these is disputable/speculation."

Well, no. I would beg to differ especially in that regard. There's already been a quite exhaustive testimony to be found inside of the third-party committee's report document regarding the way things went down during the assault, and it's enough to get a very clear idea of what the true nature of it was.
    I'm also pretty sure that when Maho herself has to go as far as to like tweets such as the following, by searching for certain specific keywords (in this given case, レイプ) out of the plethora of Twitter reactions about the case to choose from, it leaves very little up to dispute or speculation since it basically means that it's the victim herself who has given a silent confirmation to these suspicions...

D0uYBK3VsAEw2KE.jpg large.jpg
    I'll have to quote myself again from an earlier post for translations:
    Add to it that this was among one of the very first tweets that Maho put a Like on back in middle January, now that I look back again. I skirted on translating it at the time, along with many of the earliest ones, as I didn't fully understand the powerfulness of this action, so I'll have to make up for it right now.
    Once again I am sure that even then the reason for liking a tweet openly characterizing it as an assault of sexual nature wasn't certainly done accidentally, given the precision with which she used this tool during the subsequent months...

痴漢、性犯罪、きっと言えないで泣き寝入りしてる女の人はたくさんいる。自分も。だから山口真帆さんの勇気ある行動が蔑ろにされるのは本当に許せない。女性軽視とも感じる。正常な一般女性からしたら今回の事件は敵しか作ってないよNGT48。みんな味方だよ、良く頑張ったねと山口真帆さんに言いたい。
    https://twitter.com/yuuki1353/status/1087782190778183680

There's many women who are crying themselves to sleep without ever finding the courage to speak out about molestations, or sexual crimes. So am I. For this reason, I truly won't tolerate to see Yamaguchi Maho-san's brave action be treated with lightness. One can feel even a belittlement for women in this. In the eyes of the normal-thinking women of the world, NGT48 has only gained themselves enemies with today's incident. What I want to tell to Yamaguchi Maho-san is "Everyone is your ally, you fought well..."

---
    By the way it's not just someone's impression, there's lawyers who came to these exact same conclusions as early as the beginning of January already, back when the NGT48 management was still reticent to admit about the "pinned down" part of Maho's testimony in her initial tweet after it got promptly deleted mere hours later, and of course media kept silent about it as well (that is, up until the committee's report document was finally released, which made it impossible to ignore it for any people who actually read the text).
    Take for example the following segment from here:
    https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1090215893148127232/pu/vid/1280x720/-TkyVmERoRvOKgDP.mp4

"Now, about the question of why the perpetrators had to press their hands on her face... Why would a person who is a fan and «wants to have a talk» go ahead and grab someone by the face? Isn't that odd?
    It may still be understandable if they grabbed her hands, but grabbing the face? And that it happened right close to Yamaguchi-san's apartment, too. That's quite a bit odd.
    What I mean is, after hearing that, wasn't a forced sexual act -- or what once used to be "sex abuse" -- the actual purpose of it...? There's some aspects that brings one to theorize that.
    Even so, for all intents and purposes this ended up being treated as a case of physical violence, anyway.
    Therefore: that was the first offence they committed, they might have also showed remorse about it afterwards, and then there's the fact that it was counted as an assault, which is a relatively lighter crime, so as a result -- also considering that there was of course no injuries, it makes one wonder if they took all these facts and they may have been received a non-prosecution disposition, in the form of suspension of indictment.
    And so, with today's case, I feel that we had the chance to take a small glimpse of the dark aspects of idol groups, along with a disturbing feel to it.
    "

---
    To put it into another words, the story is "in Japan the first rape attempt is free".
    A case of assault without physical harm means to me that physical harm wasn't the purpose of it to begin with, which does not make it any less serious, it only means it's being pursued from the wrong angle, perhaps willingly so. As far as I see, that they would attempt to minimize it as a matter of physical assault, committed by a few fans who overstepped the line just a little bit, only fits in with the way they management had acted all the way throughout this case: just to minimize the damage on their image.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2021
    • Informative x 13
    • Like x 4
    • Agree x 4
    • Disagree x 2
    • Winner x 2
  15. qpet

qpet Future Girls

the more I don't understand why NGT fans still support this shit. let them go bankrupt, and the girls transfer to other groups.

• Agree Agree x 14
  16. shining445

shining445 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    jonishikei
    Some Japanese supporters of NGT probably could care less about Maho and the assault case. They care for their oshi, whoever that may be, and want the best for their idol. Doesn't matter to them that an assault case is running down the group.

Just contributes to how NGT management is trying to run the case under the rug and pretend nothing happened. It's just very depressing.

I wonder how NGT members reacted to news of Yukirin's concurrency ending.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

If my oshimen was in NGT and I wanted the best for her, I would want her to not be in NGT.

• Agree Agree x 32
    • Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 4
    • Old Old x 1
  18. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

As somebody who has an oshimen in NGT, this is how I feel. While I fall in love with these girls from certain groups, I do also care alot about the group that they are in as well (as I want that group to do well so my girl can be able to get the joy out of the sucess of that group) and I don't feel that way with NGT48 anymore (which is sad, since I kind of fell in love with this group since this was the first group to be created since I joined the fandom back in 2013). This group is dead and it annoys me that AKS can't get this thru their thick freaking skulls that aint nobody going to trust or care for this group anymore (It's why they have nothing now). Just send Katomina (along with the others not named you know which two) to other groups and give them a real clean slate.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  19. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    I agree too. Ogiyuka is very talented and I don't want to see her time in 48G come to end because of what's happened in NGT48, especially as she struggled for so long to be able to have an idol career. I also used to care a lot about the group and as I've already mentioned in this thread I felt 'connected' with it after my visit to Niigata 2 years ago but now I no longer care what happens to it. Let it be wound up and let me support my oshimen elsewhere in 48G.

• Disagree x 7
    • Like x 3
    • Dislike x 3
    • Agree x 2
    • Creative x 2
  20. primermicarrucha

primermicarrucha Future Girls

neither of you seem very worried that your oshis could be part of the problem. these kinds of fans are partly why aks can do nothing and get away with it.

• Winner Winner x 15
    • Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 2