1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

NGT48 Assault Case

Discussion in 'General NGT48 Discussion' started by Cisalpine88, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

The solution is horrible indeed, but they are never going to single out the culprits in the group.
    Either they let all of them stay and the innocent girls leave on their own accord because they see how unfair things are... or they fire them all.

In every case, people are gonna be hurt.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. primermicarrucha

primermicarrucha Future Girls

are you familiar with the idiom of throwing the baby out with the bathwater?
    but they don't care about sending such a message. did you miss this?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  3. antares

antares Kenkyuusei

On Max Toki 315 from Akihabara to Niigata
    Oshimen:
    sugaharariko
    So instead of requesting/forcing them to change, you just accept their horrible mindset. And ask them to do one horrible thing instead of another horrible thing in order to fit AKS’s mindset?

I wonder if you would think the same if the case happened in AKB.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. biboloxo

biboloxo Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Letting the evils pay for their evil deeds is considered as a horrible thing now?

5. sakurazaki

sakurazaki Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    ec_delacroix
    fixed that for you

• Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 5
  6. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    A story about the complaints that citizens of Niigata have made to the city.

"A total of about 2,000 opinions and complaints sent by email to Niigata Prefecture and Niigata City. Most of them request that NGT 48 not be used for public relations activities in the administration, and critics of members are more likely to be criticized by the operation company " AKS " (Tokyo).

According to the prefecture, there were about 1800 opinions on the incident from January to April 12 when the incident was discovered. Most of them said, "Because the image of Niigata Prefecture is down, I do not want to use NGT48 for public relations" and "I want to cut the relationship with NGT48".

[However]  Opinions received by e-mail were the largest, and were sent not only from within the prefecture but from outside the prefecture. It has been said that the same person was sending it over and over again.

At the press conference on April 5th, the mayor Nakahara Yaichi stated that "(in the city) citizens, many voices of criticism have been received from all over the country by phone, email, etc." .

A person in charge of the City Public Health Counseling Division explained that "If there is information on NGT 48 in news reports, SNS (membership exchange site), etc., there is a feeling that many complaints will occur." Even three months after the discovery of the incident, "I'm getting complaints".

https://www.iza.ne.jp/kiji/events/news/190419/evt19041921040042-n1.html

• Informative Informative x 10
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Dirkkun

Dirkkun Kenkyuusei

April 19 (Fri)
    http://40298ch.com/test/read.cgi/karakoro/1548413013/355
    • Sankei article: Niiigata mayor wants to see a healthy Yamaguchi Maho.
    • Members celebrate Seiji's birthday in insta stories (and on twitter ). Murakumo, who was close to her, stays silent.
    • Seiji responded to Ogino, Tano and Nishigata with "kore kara mo yoroshiku".
    • Rumors there was a birthday party with members, except Maho, Riko and Rena.
    • Inaoka sighting in Niigata. Rumors it's related to Reina.
    • Tokyo Sports article: The idol hunters' plan "NGT48 exposure book".
    • About 2000 complaints received by Niigata prefecture and city.
    • The brand "Heather" receives backlash for using Ogiyuka as a model.
    • Maijitsu article: Too 'dark': Yamaguchi Maho's first appearance in three months... for a critical announcement.

==========================================
    The second part of Vtuber's Secret Night's english appeal, this time covering Bunshun and the idol hunters:
    https://t.co/OCMRsEuBYk

Edit: Fixed translation of third item (Thanks to @wlerin ).

Last edited: Apr 20, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 13
  8. rayanami

rayanami Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oginoyuka
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  9. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Way to stick the evil eye on someone :hehe:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Dirkkun

Dirkkun Kenkyuusei

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

Now that I think about it... the problem with firing all the girls is that AKS or some part of management must have sanctioned the bad behavior to begin with, or else it wouldn't have been able to spiral out of control the way it did. Firing the girls would actually be worse for AKS. Think if you were one of the members who was allegedly consorting with fans to pull more money into the group.

"Management told me to do it...!"
    "They said it was okay."
    "They never punished me for it so I assumed it was fine."

It really would be the end of AKS if they fired those girls and they started coming out with stories like this, wouldn't it?

• Agree Agree x 18
    • Like Like x 1
  12. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    It is indeed quite shocking and pertinent that Mofu would stay silent, after having posted nothing on her Instagram or Twitter since Jan 8 and only making some Aikabu-related posts to her photolog.

No they didn't. That was Seiji's response to each of their birthday messages, and she wrote the same to Tsugumin, Komiyama Sara, and Anju. What do they have in common? Other than Tsugumin she replied to all of them at the same time.

edit: Despite what I said way back when you started, I do find these summaries useful--at least when they report actual new developments. But please try to be more careful with your translations.

"Rumours"--Yeah it's not like a bunch of members posted photos of her holding a cake in a practice room. That is the (entire) basis of the rumour btw. So bizarre that a bunch of members would be in the practice rooms 2 days before both teams have their senshuuraku. Clearly this is something that requires ample and insane speculation. (Also that means Maho, Rena, and the rest are probably there too, we just don't see them in any of the photos, not that any photo shows anyone besides Reinya.)

Sorry to burst your bubble, though to be fair it practically bursts itself.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2019
    • Informative x 6
    • Like x 3
    • Old x 3
    • Useful x 2
    • Disagree x 1
    • Winner x 1
  13. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Everything must be treated super-seriously! No humour allowed!

• Old Old x 6
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    At least you're honest about only being here for the shitposting.

• Dislike x 3
    • Agree x 2
    • Disagree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Creative x 1
    • Old x 1
  15. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Chill out man, you'll have an aneurysm.

• Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  16. biboloxo

biboloxo Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    [​IMG]

Wanna take a bet about how many of those "good girls" who know what is happening this the group but choose to ignore it b/c "I am not a victim so it is not my concern."?

• Winner x 4
    • Agree x 2
    • Disagree x 2
    • Old x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Informative x 1
  17. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    not to be that guy, cause I do agree silence is almost siding with the oppressors, but a majority of idols are young women (most aren't even adult age in Japan) so I don't blame a lot for not speaking out as speaking out is honestly one of the hardest things to do (even being a supporter can get u in trouble). So, while many are probably not involved in what happened, it shouldn't be something we vilify the young women for.

Like I really adore Monica and IDK if she's involved in this, but just assuming she's not, i wouldn't hold her accountable for not speaking out even tho she's in Team N. I mean I would love for her to show her support, but I could barely hold myself up at 17, why would I expect a random 17 year old in Japan to fight against the man? lol. That's not taught in school to stand up for urself. U have to be strong mentally to face whatever comes forward; and idols are held to such a high standard that it's already a very tiring job. In the end, this is a job. In reality most people will not sacrifice their job to protect a co-worker. In an ideal world that would be amazing, but it's not something common and I doubt it's something that happens in a society like japan

• Agree Agree x 17
    • Like Like x 6
  18. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    I agree, they might be scared that the same issues might fall on to them. It's not indolence, it might just be fear of repercussions, and there's nothing worse than being punished for trying to do the right thing. They might even be afraid of making things worse for the victims as well.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. antares

antares Kenkyuusei

On Max Toki 315 from Akihabara to Niigata
    Oshimen:
    sugaharariko
    Not many girls are brave enough to sacrifice her career to fight managers to protect her colleague. Not only NGT girls, I believe many 48 members also want to talk about Maho’s case but they are scared of management. While I do not agree with that decision, staying quiet is better than talking something beneficial to the culprits and managers. And I believe firing the innocent girls, particularly from team G, goes against Maho’s will. She fought the bad girls + managers to protect her friends, not to drag them to sink together.

When your boss treats your coworker badly (and wrongly), how many of you will stand on your friend and accept the risk of being fired? How many will stay silent + secretly console/help him behind the boss’s back? How many will just look away and do not want to be dragged in?...

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  20. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

Isn't that's the end-goal for all this movement? Why hesitate now in the face of such revelation when things already go this far?