1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

NGT48 Assault Case

Discussion in 'General NGT48 Discussion' started by Cisalpine88, Jan 9, 2019.

1. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    The problem is that the rules don't say "no dating" (or "no connecting"). According to the third party report (under '"Connection" and contract') the contract contains only a vague provision against "improper relationships", interpreted by management as forbidding e.g. adultery or similar scandalous behaviour, not simply hanging out with fans. If Mahohon was reporting members for violating the "rules", she was doing so over an unwritten rule, not something actionable. It would then be a conflict between Mahohon's image of what an idol should be, and the reality in Niigata. I do think such a conflict played a part in this drama, but... I'm not sure there's primary evidence (as oppposed to anonymous 2ch posts) she actually reported them for breaking the love ban, so much as for disturbing other members with their activities. That is definitely something management should have acted on.

Maybe they did. Maybe that's the reason Ayakani(?) moved.

• Dislike Dislike x 9
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. junjou19

junjou19 Member

either way, it's going way too far to say she was equally in the wrong as everyone else. She might not have even realized it wasn't officially in the rules since apparently it's very unclear and a lot of other members seem to believe there is such a rule.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    I agree that Frans's post goes way overboard assigning blame to Mahohon as well as assuming a certain sequence of events, though I think some of that might be a language issue, e.g. using the wrong words to express what he means.

But one would hope Maho would have had this conversation with managers and they should have explained their position to her at that point. If she kept pushing her interpretation after that... but again there isn't definite evidence of that. She had her personal code, but up until a week at most before the incident she seemed to still be on friendly terms with the members she indirectly accused. Thus, I think it more likely she tried to silently endure. Then came the assault and she decided enough was enough.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
  4. gish0046

gish0046 Upcoming Girls

I think Maho's issue probably wasn't the fact that some members were dating, but really the manner in which they were dating, i.e. trading relationships for SSK votes, partying at the shared NGT apartment complex, disturbing other members. Maho could probably tell these yakkai wota were bad people. I mean anyone could tell these guys were scumbugs. Not to mention that there was probably bullying and other ill behavior as well.

If another member was having a respectable relationship with a decent guy that they were keeping to themselves then Maho probably wouldn't have cared. But that obviously was not the case at all. They were basically a JK business except instead of money they were getting SSK votes.

Last edited: May 28, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 25
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

Basically this, and it baffles me how people still don't seem to understand this.

Imagine joining a nationally famous idol group. You have an idea about how things go in the idol world: work hard and management will take care of you at least on a basic level, be both friends and rivals with your peers, and don't compromise your career by getting into a scandal.

None of that ended up applying to Maho. She was living a surreal nightmare of an idol life. The residency situation was shady at the very least (Maho might not have been the only girl in danger in this living situation, either), management didn't take care of her one iota either in private or in public when she most needed it and they were encouraging involvement with people who had been banned from other 48 group events, plus her peers were mostly against her from the start because they were all blatantly doing things that other idol groups had been blacklisted for and she refused to take part in those things, I mean come on. No matter how much you like or hate whistleblowers, at some point you have to look at this shit and agree that the whistle had to be blown. If not for Maho herself, then for other girls who were coming into the group with hopes of living out their idol dreams without having to get in bed with some dude for money votes.

• Agree Agree x 25
    • Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  6. SaitoWinterStar

SaitoWinterStar Upcoming Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    My translation of the summary from https://jbbs.shitaraba.net/bbs/read.cgi/music/29852/1553736787/l50 for 5/27 (Monday).
    I'm busy travelling, so expect more mistakes than normal!

Last edited: May 28, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 10
    • Like Like x 4
  7. sdn48oshi

sdn48oshi Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka
    Wait what. Does anyone know any more about this???

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    First image shows their current profiles, which you can also view directly:
    https://www.instagram.com/ayusa_watanabe/
    https://www.instagram.com/tomoka_takazawa/

Checking instagram scraping sites via Google cache shows what they used to have:
    https://webcache.googleusercontent....om/ayusa_watanabe/+&cd=13&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=jp
    (Note: Another caching site had linebreaks before each bullet point.)

https://webcache.googleusercontent....om/tomoka_takazawa/+&cd=5&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=jp

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Frans48

Frans48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sugaiyuuka
    Do i still have a rights to posting here?
    I though my post already buried deep enough.:)

Do ever experience being threatened ?
    Talking about rule you state above, take example a class consist of 40 students. One of them is a good student who studying very diligent everyday & really uphold the school rule.

When they face a final exam, this good student realize the other 39 student do a cooperate cheating. Its not like they dont give the answer to this good student, but this good student politely refuse their help & ask them to stop this stupid cheating. If not this good student will expose their bad deed to the exam supervisor at that time. What do you think the 39 students feel? They dont feel threatened? Even this good student a have good will by asking them politely, but the others realize they might file the exam at that time.

My point is, directly or not what maho did make the other member felt threaten. What do you think when people feel threaten?
    If a wild animal might already kill the target to make sure they safe.

• Dislike Dislike x 10
    • Old Old x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  10. primermicarrucha

primermicarrucha Future Girls

i think we can only guess for now. other members have also done this before. probably to show support for maho and/or to silently protest the state of the group or how it's being run (into the ground)

Last edited: May 29, 2019
    • Like Like x 10
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Mikuriin

Mikuriin Future Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    I don't believe I fall for this bait but....
    The 39 students was cooperate cheating by asking some students' boyfriends to steal the answer from teacher's room. Where the teachers turn a blind eye on that. Then this one student don't like the way her friends operating so she tell the teachers whose already on the side of the cheating group. Then, filled with rage, the students ask their boyfriends to attack this one student. A FRICKIN GIRL, SURROUNDED BY BOYS. And I think it's the girl is not at fault to spill the rotten school to the whole neighbourhood.

Point is, no matter what you arguing the whole NGT outside Maho and her supporters doing anything they do instinctively. It's still incredibly rotten of them to assault ONE GIRL. FURTHERMORE, the management did NOTHING to protect her.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  12. nokoru

nokoru Upcoming Girls

This is how the rumors turn out worse.

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  13. Frans48

Frans48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sugaiyuuka

Wow. you really want to take this example to perfectly fit her situation.

Ok. Here the question.
    1. How those students know their teacher will backup their bad deed? In maho case, how the other members know the management will back up them after knowing about this gangs & boyfriend matter?

2. If no 1 question is "Yes". What the good outcome of "Polite warning" from the good student/girl?

• Old Old x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. half23

half23 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Shinozaki Ayana
    You could just state your point

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. RedBug

RedBug Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    So, if I'm not mistaken, some of NGT girls commit scandalous behaviour just for SSK votes? I mean, rethorically, do other sister group also practice this or this is just something happen only in NGT? If the latter were true, then who actually in charge of influencing some of those girls to do such things? Is it AKS' looseness or one or two girls are really persuasive that many of them fall into the trap?

This is mind-boggling.

• Like Like x 1
  16. half23

half23 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Shinozaki Ayana
    Huh? Where did that come from?

17. RedBug

RedBug Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    I'm responsible for that statement, just to clarify if I understand it right or not. Well, seems like I misunderstood. Sorry.

But what's with the 'SSK votes over money' talk happened here?

18. half23

half23 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Shinozaki Ayana
    Ogino's sudden rise

But if you think NGT as a whole could dominate request hour, those wotas are probably rich af... some members has unusual relationship with fans per third party report though, unknown if its related to ssk votes (nakai have her man, but her rank is...)

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Mikuriin

Mikuriin Future Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    1. I don't want to take the prejudice further so I assume they actually don't know if management will backup them, hence the assault. It was meant to "silence" Maho. Hell, if they know management will backup them from the start (like how it rumored the yakkai wota has some connection with NGT management) it will be more fucked up situation and it is indeed their mind that's fucked up.
    2. Like I said, if you saw an inappropriate activity in a school/any institutions, where do you go to report it?

• Like Like x 1
  20. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    I don't know if the date of the court case has been posted (it is hard to keep track with all the posts).

Yamaguchi assault of NGT graduation AKS suit, July 10 first oral argument

”the first oral proceedings in a lawsuit in which the managing company AKS sought damages for two men who hit Yamaguchi An argument will be held by the Niigata District Court on July 10."

https://www.sponichi.co.jp/entertainment/news/2019/05/29/kiji/20190528s00041000452000c.html

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1