1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

NGT48 Assault Case

Discussion in 'General NGT48 Discussion' started by Cisalpine88, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    (second part of the post above, I'm forced to split it due to the image limit)

The second segment of the special deals instead on the economic and promotional repercussions that the case has brought about.
    [​IMG]
    First of all there is a rapid overview of the main tie-up activities that NGT48 had with the various government organizations and enterprises over the years. Then the scene moves on to the municipal building of the city of Niigata, which used to employ NGT48 actively, to show the current state of what once was the collaboration National Cultural Festival, which was set to begin on September.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    "In this corner, there once was printed NGT48's group photo. But now it is being replaced by the logo mark."

[​IMG]
    Of particular note, in describing the past tie-ups, it is said in passing that over 4 years the City of Niigata has disbursed roughly 14,000,000 yen of their own funds across eight promotional projects with NGT48. Keep it in mind because the matter of expenditures of public funds will come up again later.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Announcer: "However, following the controversy, critical comments were received from across the whole country, resulting in (NGT48's) employment being completely discontinued."
    Little side note: I have got to wonder who was the genius who came up with "Tsunagarou" as a slogan, all things considered

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    "For example, «I refuse to go visit this place for tourism anymore», «I'm not going to contribute with the Hometown Tax», and so on. From all over the country there have been comments expressing great grievance, which were also sent toward the City of Niigata.
    Given how they helped collaborate to enliven the place up together, I cannot deny that the promotional power went down as a result of the change of directions.
    "
    ---

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Meanwhile, we are also given a glimpse of the situation in Tainai, which is where Renapon's hometown is located. Here they first show the inside of the city's roadside station, where there's a permanent corner decorated with Rena's own merchandise and more, then Rena's fans who after watching her graduation stage show in Niigata have reunited there as a kind of pilgrimage. This is described more in detail inside of the program, but it mainly involves going sightseeing the stores and cultural landmarks that Rena herself has kept recommending in the past.
    [​IMG]
    One of the interviewed fans tells how at first he didn't even know where Tainai was, and how he has never traveled to Niigata until he finally knew about NGT48.
    [​IMG]
    "However, they have no plans to visit Tainai anymore", then adds the announcer, with fans explaining that as a result of Rena's graduation she won't perform anymore and thus won't have an opportunity to visit it.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    President of Tainai's tourism association: "Well, I think the the NGT48 title used to have it's own big impact, unmistakably. We had considered appointing (Hasegawa) as tourism PR ambassador, but it's a bit bad that such a thing happened while at it."
    ---

[​IMG]
    Host: "To say it once again, the group is deeply involved in the economy of Niigata, when you look at it."
    Fukuishi: "It is. This time around NHK has conducted a survery with the Prefecture of Niigata as well all 30 municipalities within it, regarding the extent they have been working on projects related to NGT48. According to it, we have found out that since the formation of NGT48 the Prefecture has contributed approximately 67,000,000 yen, while 15 out of the 30 municipalities -- half of them -- have contributed at the very least 89,000,000 yen of taxpayer money. Apart from money that was disbursed directly to AKS, this also includes the total expenses for events and such. One can indeed tell that NGT48 is deeply involved in the economy of the Niigata prefecture."
    Side note: This makes it 156,000,000 yen in total of tax money alone, or about 1.5 million dollars if you will.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Host: "Ever since its creation NGT48 has had a presence in its own right, so the effects on the region by the controversy are significant too..."
    Fukuishi: "With them entering their fourth year this year, and being ingrained in the region, this happened at a timing that felt unexpected. Starting with the special supporter position at the National Cultural Festival, one after another projects were either cancelled, or otherwise put on hold. That's a hard blow for the internal economy and the tourism of the prefecture. The city of Niigata hasn't yet got hold of a replacement that could serve to promote to the whole country, which makes the response difficult to handle. One further thing to be concerned about is the image of the Niigata prefecture, too."

[​IMG]
    Host: "In such a condition, can NGT48 make a restart?"
    Fukuishi: "I don't find it easy. The Prefecture is already proceeding on promoting Niigata at the National Cultural Festival, set for this Fall, in a way without having NGT48 involved. Additionally, there's many people, both fans and the prefecture population, who are harboring a feeling of disappointment about how not even the actual facts about the accident have been clarified yet."
    Host: "There's still stern opinions being raised..."
    Fukuishi: "While at it, AKS doesn't seem to be doing anything but waiting for things to blow over. In fact, there are many voices expressing this among fans as well...
    Since this is a company carrying its own influence, first and foremost, the management's top, president Yoshinari -- who has never made any statements in public so far -- and all the others should first explain their mindset once again. Apart from that, while being not directly involved in the management nowadays, there are also many fans asking for a response by the group's general producer, Akimoto Yasushi.
    Will NGT48 be able to make a restart in the truest sense? -- I think they are standing precisely at a crossroads.
    "
    ---

[​IMG]
    Host: "For last, I want to end this program by sharing with you what the people of the prefecture are thinking."
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    "I think that the impression of everyone has worsened. I want them to do work hard, but this is not a situation where I can cheer for them."

[​IMG]
    "Unless they first need to fix up the series of issues they have at hand, I guess it's gonna be hard from here on."

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    "When it comes to idols, image is of the essence of course. I think it's all up to NGT in what manner they plan to work on from here on."

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    "The company and the performers need to join together to develop a better relationships of trust and do things from the basics, otherwise I think that the matter of regaining trust will be hard. But in any case, as someone from this city, I want to see them trying do it."

Last edited: Jul 13, 2023
    • Winner Winner x 23
    • Informative Informative x 14
    • Like Like x 9
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. SaitoWinterStar

SaitoWinterStar Upcoming Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    My translation of the summary from https://jbbs.shitaraba.net/bbs/read.cgi/music/29852/1553736787 for 6/1 (Saturday).

• Informative Informative x 14
    • Like Like x 3
  3. SaitoWinterStar

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    My translation of the summary from https://jbbs.shitaraba.net/bbs/read.cgi/music/29852/1553736787 for 6/2 (Sunday).

• Informative Informative x 16
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Well, speaking of a talent agency lacking any governance and safety measure...
    I dunno if this needs to be expanded more clearly, but since I saw a Twitter thread come up on my feed right the other day (namely this one) on the same subject, it turns out that a poster with the same IP (59.134.7.143) presented himself some days back as a "member's friend" on the 5ch message board to "answer some questions" with unconfirmed "insider info" -- though only what was convenient for him/her to answer, since he went on to largely ignore much of the questions of what hasn't already been acknowledged, apparently.

Now, someone took note of the fact that Dion users are each assigned a static IP that never changes the whole time, did some backtracking and found out that there was a "leak" by an users from the same IP, same carrier, and in fact the same browser, who had posted the following about 2 hours before the third-party report would get online on N*T48's website.
    [​IMG]
    Note: the original thread can be found over here: https://www.logsoku.com/r/2ch.sc/akb/1553056776/

---
    Not even a single person is gonna get fired!
    ---
    The members are going to be represented by letters of the alphabet.
    ---
    The A who gave away infos about the scheduled time is meant to be Otsuka Nanami.
    This came out from the very mouth of the perpetrators.
    B and C are Tano Ayaka and Nishigata Marina respectively, I suppose?
    ---
    Only the members who are related to it [note: the crime incident] are in there, so Anju won't show up.
    Well, this is as far as I personally know, but the yakkais did go as far as to ask to Otsuka if Yamaguchi was riding [on the micro-bus returning from the theater to the apartment building], and if Nishimura did as well.
    At that point, she informed them that Yamaguchi was on it, but Nishimura wasn't.
    What was the alphabet letter for Nishimura? I forgot.
    ---
    If you have any questions, do not hesitate.
    I'll answer.
    ---
    [To the question: "Was there actually any grilling for informations they had, with the perpetrators who went to Mahohon's place?"]
    There was.
    The content of the audio recordings is clearly reported too, in there.
    ---
    [To the question: "Will we get to the conclusion showing everyone that it was the criminals who brought up the names of C and B in the first place?"]
    That is expected to be publicly revealed tomorrow, or the day after that. Unfortunately it will be all displayed only with alphabet letters, no real names of the members are to come up in there besides that of Yamaguchi Maho.
    ---
    A is Otsuka Nanami, I tell you.
    It's probably due to the whole agitation at the time that it went hardly noticed back then, but one decisive particular to note is that apart from the namedroppings of all the members directly involved (to think that AKS worked so hard to keep them anonymous...), what set him apart from other creative "leakers" is that he knew about the fact that the yakkai made sure to check if Maho was returning back home unaccompanied, which was something that did not surface anywhere until that report came out.
    In any case, too many suspicious people moving around on social media since January to exclude that any of them come from close to the management...

Putting it in the context of the report, if true that would mean E is Nanako, and the members living on the same apartment floor were at least Maho, Nanako, Tano sharing (?) the apartment with yakkais, and who might possibly be Mofu.
    In turn it would also explain why Maho liked Nanako's post on her graduation announcement, out of what few NIII members bothered to post anything at all. And how Nanako was also one of the members Maho still followed after the graduation (in addition to Riko, Rena, Mofu, Aina, Tsugumin, Kado -- basically any of the "AnshinAnzen 7" who showed up at the actual stage and have a Twitter account of their own).
    And looking back at it, Nanako didn't seem to be particularly well loved by the implicated gang of yakkais either, to say the least. See this as an exhibit, for example...:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

---
    For reference, since I am done OCR'ing it back right now, this is a translation of what the research report has got to say about the reconstruction of the events on the day of the incident, according to the third-party committee...:
    Yamaguchi's testimony

The following is a testimony by Yamaguchi pertaining the course of events of this incident and what happened afterwards.
    After the ending of the evening theater show on December 8, 2018, Yamaguchi returned back home after riding on the micro-bus from the NGT48 theater along with other members.
    Afterward, the micro-bus pulled in by its first bus stop point, where [member] A then got off.

Now, while these are not happenings which Yamaguchi personally experienced, but are instead details that were learned about days later, from other subjects, such as the investigative body, more details were also related over, informing that:
    1) When A got off from the bus, Man #3 also accosted her to ask "Is Mahohon riding on that vehicle?", to which she replied "Yeah, she is on". Man #3 then asked "Is E also riding on it?", and A replied "She isn't on". Afterwards, Man #3 relayed to the group of suspects all the informations heard from A, among other particulars.
    2) "Man #1 borrowed the apartment on the other side as that of Yamaguchi. While staying in such room, the suspects, based on the message from Man #3, calculated the time it would take for Yamaguchi to arrive to her own apartment building from the designated micro-bus stop point, and while observing the situation in the common hallway from the room, waited for Yamaguchi to get back to her apartment".

Yamaguchi later got off from the micro-bus at the bus stop point that is nearest to the apartment building in question, after which she walked all the way back to the building, and rode the elevator until the floor where Yamaguchi's apartment is located, before exiting the elevator.
    After Yamaguchi made sure there was no one in the common hallway, she proceeded to enter inside her own apartment. Once inside the apartment, she was about to close the door, when someone then stopped said door with his hand, prying it back open.
    When Yamaguchi, startled at the situation, saw the person in the face, it was Man #2. Entering into the apartment's entranceway, Man #2 grabbed Yamaguchi's face with his own hands, attempting to pin her down on the ground. Yamaguchi desperately repelled Man #2 away, trying to push him out of her room.
    Yamaguchi managed just by a little to drive Man #2 out from her apartment and was in the process of closing back the door when Man #1 came out from the apartment on the opposite side.
    After pulling Man #2 aside, Man #1 then proceeded to clutch Yamaguchi by the face and attempted to pull her on the ground.
    When Man #1 grabbed Yamaguchi's face, he did so by holding her by both of her temples, with his thumbs and index fingers pressing nearby her eyes and her nose.
    For a moment, Yamaguchi couldn't manage to get her voice out, but after about one minute she screamed "Help me!" in the direction of the common hallway. At this point, Man #1 closed up Yamaguchi's mouth with his hands. Meanwhile, Man #2 was in said common hallway.
    During this moment, there was a noise that signaled the elevator stopping at the floor; after the suspects had noticed about the noise, Man #1 stopped exercising force.
    Once there, Yamaguchi pushed Man #1 out in the common hallway. Then, she went out into the common hallway as well.
    After that, Yamaguchi crouched down in the common hallway, where she began weeping out loud. The man who stepped out from the elevator attempted to walk up toward Yamaguchi's direction, but Man #2 stopped said man short, explaining that they were having just a quarrel.
    Since Yamaguchi had her cellphone strapped around her neck, she then attempted to call the police, only to be prevented by Man #1.
    Soon after, while going into hyperventilation, Yamaguchi started wailing out loud; Man #1 tried now to assuage her, apologizing by saying "Sorry, I’m sorry". In response to it, Yamaguchi shouted back "Don't get near me", and other utterances.
    [...]
    Subsequently, Yamaguchi went to the room where [member] E was residing, on the same floor, then knocked at the door and such to confirm about E's presence inside, but there was no response. Once there, Yamaguchi ordered that the suspects step downstairs to the building's first floor, as they did.
    Once alone, Yamaguchi called E by phone as first, but she was told back that it would take 30 minutes for her to be back, and so she decided to phone [member] D instead. After being informed that she could arrive in 5 minutes, she consequently waited for D.
    After D joined Yamaguchi, to get to learn more about the members being involved in the incident from the suspects, she and D moved down together, and along with the group of suspects who previously went down to the first floor, as well as Man #3 who had since joined them, they later headed out to a nearby public park.
    - Regarding the situation following the incident

Shortly after the incident took place, Yamaguchi headed to the apartment where E was residing, on the same floor, but it turned out E wasn't there at the time. Yamaguchi then demanded the suspects to move to the first floor of the building, which the men did.
    Next, Yamaguchi sent a phone call to E, but she was told back that she would take 30 minutes to return, so at 21:15 she phoned D. When the phone call from Yamaguchi came in, D was at the apartment building of another member, but since she told that she could get to the building in question in 5 minutes, Yamaguchi thus waited for D to come.
    While on her way to the building, at 21:19 D phoned one of the staff managers, relaying that she had heard that Yamaguchi had suffered an assault.
    D eventually arrived to the apartment building and Yamaguchi joined with D. Afterwards, Yamaguchi and D went for a moment in D's apartment (D too was residing inside the same building); when there D phoned once again the staff manager (the three of them conducted a conversation on speakerphone). Talking to the manager, it was said by Yamaguchi that she told the suspects to call over to the spot the members involved in the incident, and since the suspects told in response that "[member] A is coming over", and she thus wanted to hear the story from A, additionally she told the manager to make sure to proceed in a way not to be noticed by the suspects.
    In that regard, the manager on their part informed back that they would be lying in wait close to such building.
    As a note, it couldn't be determined whether A was actually summoned over by the suspects, but as a matter of fact, A never arrived either to the building in question, nor to the aforementioned park.
    Yamaguchi walked downstairs to the first floor along with D after that, and now with said suspects and Man #3 (by this point, Man #3 had already joined the group of suspects), who were standing outside the building, everyone then moved out to a nearby park.
    At 21:41, D contacted the staff manager to give them informations about the park via LINE.
    At the park, while Man #1 was having a verbal exchange with Yamaguchi, three staff managers arrived to the place by micro-bus. Following that, with the other such people also being present, they then all headed away onto the micro-bus again, after which a conversation about those involved in the incident at hand, and other topics, took place there, mainly between Yamaguchi and Man #1.
    Afterwards, the police arrived, and the suspects were effectively arrested and detained at the Niigata police station on the following day, December 9, on charges of physical assault.
    In addition, on the same day a fingerprint examination was also performed by the police on the entrance door of Yamaguchi's apartment.
    Subsequently, the suspects were then sent over to Niigata's Regional Public Prosecutor Office, but on the 28th of the same month they were given a non-prosecution disposition.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 17
    • Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. vshav

vshav Member

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Kotoko
    Thank you very much for the translation. That was such a nightmare.

There are some points I don't quite understand.

After the incident, why are the guys willingly to go to and wait at the ground floor as Maho requested? And also they even went together to the park to "talk". Do they feel repercussion, or wanted to say this was misunderstanding, or was it just an incredibly bad joke?

If I were in a criminal's spot and my violent attempts failed, then obviously I'd run away.

If these were just a really bad joke, why would someone go so far as to grab someone by the face and pinned them down to the floor if it wasn't out of malice?

Also, if after such shocks Maho still managed to give a chance to the suspects to "talk over" what had just happened and finding out who were the members behind these all, then I can assume Maho has already been aware of their existence, maybe even knew them personally. She basically hold her own trials a moment right after the incident. What a girl.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. JennyInTokyo

JennyInTokyo Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oguriyui
    You know what would be the perfect scenario? Just put NGT48 on hiatus and let the girls go who have been the downfall of the group. (By the way I am not speculating on who or giving away names). However there are probably certain members that didn't help the build up to what happened to Maho.

Put a hiatus on NGT48 and then disband the management and get a whole new management team in. Then keep the members who have been innocent in this and audition for new girls. For me that would the perfect solution, but that won't ever happen xD

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. gish0046

gish0046 Upcoming Girls

The NGT48 name is worthless now imo. Its worse than worthless, its actually toxic.

Disband the group and create a new "Northern/Tohoku" in Sendai with a completely new name, new location, and most importantly entirely new management. Bring some of the good NGT girls but have a new audition. The new girls and the NGT girls would all be considered 1st gen.

It would be a complete fresh start.

And IMO they should have created the group in Sendai, rather than Niigata, from the start. I always thought choosing Niigata over Sendai or Sapporo was a weird choice.

• Agree Agree x 14
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. SaitoWinterStar

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    That part was reported earlier and really surprised me, but thinking about it more, because Maho knew them (from them hanging around with other members, coming to events, etc.), its different. These weren't random strangers or idol stalkers, instead it's almost more like domestic violence. These guys were comfortable with NGT48 managers, meeting members often, and even it seems living in the dorm building. So they can't "run away" and maintain their lifestyle/job/intimate relationships, and Maho also knows they're not going to disappear even if she chases them off that night. Just calling the police, maybe in her mind, wouldn't really expose the deeper problems she wanted NGT management to address.

So she sets up a public confrontation with members and the guys, with audio recording, staff are supposed to be nearby, and eventually the police show up, too. Maho wants to expose the whole situation so it gets dealt with, and the guys want to calm things down so they can continue enjoying their special relationship with NGT. I guess 6 months later we still don't know who will win out.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Like the formation of every local 48G branch groups, it all depends on whether there are local enterprises willing to sponsor or throw in the seed money to begin the project, and it's up to them to send in a proposal.
    It took me a while to find an article mentioning them by name, since it was never fully specified elsewhere, but in the case of NGT48 the ones who submitted the proposal were Mitsui Fudousan, a housing company which also owns the Lovela2 mall where the NGT48 theater is located (and one of the potential buildings where Maho's apartment was located, depending on the leaks), and Niigata Koutsuu, a public transportation company.
    https://www.sankei.com/region/news/150526/rgn1505260044-n1.html

• Informative Informative x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. SaitoWinterStar

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    My translation of the summary from https://jbbs.shitaraba.net/bbs/read.cgi/music/29852/1553736787 for 6/3 (Monday).

• Informative Informative x 10
    • Like Like x 2
  11. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    It's difficult to fathom why they would have acted the way they did if they really "just wanted to talk" (as they claim). Maho's account makes it sound, and she seems to believe, that their intent was to silence her and force her back into her room from the hallway, which seems anything but harmless. But, as you say, that seems at odds with their later behaviour. Perhaps that was not their intent, and things spiralled out of control when Maho did not respond the way they expected. People can behave irrationally in the heat of the moment, especially when their reason is dulled by alcohol as would not be uncommon at that time of night in Japan. Or...

This is a good point, though as I sit here considering their possible motives in the assault, the thought occurs that if they had lived in such close proximity for some time, this might not be the first attempt they made to "talk" with Maho. Had they already tried the normal human method of actually talking to her? Considering her opposition to connecting with fans, I could see her telling them off or even slamming the door in their faces. So, even if their intent was "just to talk", did they expect resistance?

Obviously, that would not be remotely okay either--you don't have the right to use physical violence to force someone else to talk with you, anymore than you do to force them into anything else. But it might explain their aggressive approach. Also, if this was their intent it might explain why they waited in the lobby after trying to calm her down, and then went with her to the park: They got what they wanted, she was finally willing to talk!

Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
    • Agree x 3
    • Like x 2
    • Disagree x 2
    • Creative x 2
    • Winner x 1
    • Old x 1
  12. vshav

vshav Member

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Kotoko
    What's the role/verdict of the person B and the C in the story? It isn't described in the research report you translated? Btw to think that person A is presumably a kenkyuusei.. wow

You're right, I didn't thought of the influence of alcohol in this. Let's say they did want to talk, the big question is what in the world they want to talk about?? Then again, their roots come from the underground groups so it's expected they have a differing moral compass.

13. Falx1984

Falx1984 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    fukagawamai
    The far more likely explanation than 'poor saps too dumb/drunk to realize assaulting a woman is bad' is that they didn't for once believe they would face serious consequences to their actions, seeing as they were there with the apparent knowledge of both management and perhaps some of the girls. They didn't flee and tried to do the same thing that worked every single other time, talking their way into and out of situations to their benefit. Sadly, management proved them right and they have yet to face any kind of punishment they care about (assuming the civil case even goes forward).

I've been involved in criminal cases before as an informant as well as a victim.

Criminals, especially those get away with their crimes for a long time, do not give a rat's ass about consequences.

The gang-members I informed on and got arrested, made bail and immediately came right back to me to talk to 'get our stories straight.' (ie. threaten me.)

The man who tried to murder my father came and sat in front of our house in his car laughing at us.

The man who stole my cellphone from the store I worked at walked by my store window until I noticed him laughing at me the next day.

Nothing seems strange to me about their actions. They're just common criminals with no sense of guilt or shame over what they intended to do.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 3
  14. yannu

yannu Kenkyuusei

15. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    One important point: there was an uninvolved man coming out of the elevator on that moment, it's not specified if by chance or if drawn in by the commotion, who caught them red-handed while in the middle of acting abusive and intervened to stop the assault in some way.
    And if other early days leaks are to be believed, there was also the group's staff who lived on the floor above, but who knows for sure. Then again, taking as a hint that the report seems to be heavily sanitized of every mention of Imamura (who for example swears he had come to the place by patrol car but no instance of the word "shihainin" is to be found in these testimonies, except for the mention of three unnamed member's managers), this is may very well not be the full version of the story that we got, as far as people who were there that night.
    As Hayakawa let it slip out during the AKS conference, things Maho had communicated to the committee ended up being omitted in the written documentation for unexplained reasons, and she even pointed it out as much.
    Also, it is not the ground floor they got to. The member's apartments was described to be somewhere at the 3rd floor of the building from sources I'd rather not bring up.

Color-coded for everyone's convenience.
    I asked the police department in Niigata "Since you thought there were grounds for a lawsuit, didn't you send them to the prosecutor?" "What's the reason this ended up in a non-indictment?", and I got told back "I can't tell it specifically, but the criminal complaint might have been withdrawn?", and then "If this turns into a court case, then those members who underwent investigation questioning would have to necessarily show up in court, or else..."

Did Tachikoma-san ask it to an acquaintance working in the police?

I went to ask it directly to the Niigata's Prefectural department. Even though it's not the police who files lawsuits but the prosecution office, the prefectural police too, on their part, said that they are in a predicament from all the phone calls of complaints that they have received from inside and outside of the Niigata refecture. I let them see that video of Kitagawa and asked "What do you think watching this?" and they vacillated saying "I know about the video, but..."

If this didn't even result in a suspension of indictment, then it's a big problem.

Normally, when it doesn't result in a lawsuit, it must mean it's a suspension of indictment. Thing is, what's the chance Imamura persuaded Yamaguchi-san to withdraw the complaint by telling her "I'll give a punishment to the implicated members"?

Same opinion here. All things considered, he would be the vilest person if it turned out he tried to play confidence tricks, while leaving things blurry by leaving it up to the decision of Yamaguchi-san, who probably knows little in the way of law.

Sorry for interjecting. I too am curious about the non-prosecution decision. I believe that assault crimes used to require a formal complaint from the victim. Although the crime happened and it's a fact, and there was malicious intents to it, withdrawing the complaint means that the prosecution office wouldn't try it in court, in theory. A member of AAA who was responsible for a similar assault incident was released the day right after the assault, I think, but the perpetrators who assaulted Yamaguchi-san...

...weren't released up until about the end of the time limit for custody, considering from this point, it means that, despite it not resulting in wounds, it was being invstigated as a malicious incident. So, this begs the questions of whether there are members implicated in this maliciousness.
    I have got to feel if AKS wants to keep this aspect hidden.
    With that in mind, the fact that no suspension of indictment was even issued makes more sense.

To be correct, assault crimes don't need a formal victim complaint.
    The more the criminal keeps denying the longer the custody time gets, though, so I imagine this is also a possibility.

That's out of question, since even the interview with the police on Friday, the comment by the police (although anonymous) on Niigata Nippo, and even Bunshun, which sided with the criminals, wrote that the perpetrators admitted to the assault.
    Therefore, mystery remains as to why it ended up without indictment, at a point when there was no way it would.
    Personally speaking, the easiest explanation I can think of is "standard all-purpose punshiment for assaults"

Since there was exceptional malice to it, it was an assault incident "light" enough it could have potentially resulted in a lawsuit. But ultimately it didn't. Unfortunately enough. If could be a mistake in judgement, but as far as assault crime goes, it's not such an abnormal verdict.
    As long as there was no withdrawal involved, of course.

In case there was no withdrawal, it would have been a non-prosecution in the form of "suspension of indictment", though...

Exactly. Until now I thought it was a suspension of indictment. But thanks to Tachikoma-san's activity, I have once again started to consider the likelihood that the complaint was withdrawn.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 3
  16. iainus

iainus Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaki Miyu
    Aaaaand Yamazaki Mirii announced her graduation.

I'm not sure we've seen the last of these either. I mean, if you're a young girl thinking about your future do you really want to be associated with something as negatively connotative as NGT48 has become?

• Agree Agree x 23
  17. ysa73

ysa73 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Rissen Airi
    either they lose too much members resulting in a forced disband, or seemingly aks wants to run ngt like an underground group in the foreseeable future? most decidedly no label is willing to publish their songs, no 'normal' media appearance, the only events they have are theatre shows (which is yet on scedule, btw) and selling goods to the limited fans who still follow them.

:fp:

• Agree Agree x 4
  18. SaitoWinterStar

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    My translation of the summary from https://jbbs.shitaraba.net/bbs/read.cgi/music/29852/1553736787 for 6/4 (Tuesday).

Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 9
    • Like Like x 2
  19. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    I don't think anyone was suggesting that her room or his was on the ground floor?

20. ysa73

ysa73 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Rissen Airi
    • Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 4