1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

NGT48 Assault Case

Discussion in 'General NGT48 Discussion' started by Cisalpine88, Jan 9, 2019.

1. SaitoWinterStar

SaitoWinterStar Upcoming Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    My translation of the summary from https://jbbs.shitaraba.net/bbs/read.cgi/music/29852/1553736787 for 6/5 (Wednesday).

Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 14
    • Like Like x 3
  2. tomumion

tomumion Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    Sorry, I don't speak Japanese. May anyone tell me, is the agreement/contract/etc stated here for the Cultural Festival or for NGT48 as a whole?

3. shinra94

shinra94 Kenkyuusei

That has to be the death knell for them? Just about every organization in the region have rejected them now.

4. half23

half23 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Shinozaki Ayana
    and AKS probably wont sell them just because there is no interested buyer

5. tuxedo_gin

tuxedo_gin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    onishimomoka
    It's the end of them as a legitimate idol group but some of the members are still selling HS slots so I wouldn't be surprised if AKS and their shady president just sort of milk it to see how long they can get away with keeping them around as HS-only idols.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    It's for NGT as a special supporter at the Cultural Festival. The governor expresses hope that they'll be able to work together again in the future, but NGT is still in too much of a mess and they need to finalise the schedule for the Culture Festival.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  7. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    I've come across this news article published a few hours ago on BIGLOBE. I don't know if it has anything much which is new but the headline translates in Google as "Is NGT 48 finally released from the prefecture tomorrow?":

https://news.biglobe.ne.jp/entertainment/0606/zks_190606_5782656343.html

There's one paragraph which translates in Google as follows:

"It's a shame that as time goes by, the degree of confusion gets deeper, but above all the fact that there is no one who can take responsibility in this matter tells us that it's an impossible situation for a company."

I agree with that, I think that NGT48 is in an impossible situation. I think it won't be very long now before I'll have to finally and sadly decide to let go of NGT48 in all aspects of my 48G fandom - but more importantly I think that AKS should also let go of the group very soon.

8. SaitoWinterStar

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    My translation of the summary from https://jbbs.shitaraba.net/bbs/read.cgi/music/29852/1553736787 for 6/6 (Thursday).

• Informative Informative x 15
    • Like Like x 2
  9. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    She sent two mobame, the second (much longer) one was entirely about Mirii.

Although she still didn't mention her withdrawal, only the time they were able to spend together before Mirii flew back to Hokkaido.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    On other bright news coming in today, we have this:

D8ZturjU0AAoT4e.jpg
    https://www.niigata-nippo.co.jp/news/politics/20190607474530.html

NGT's employment as Minami-ku PR ambassadors
    The City of Niigata not to renew the contracts

On the question of the Minami-ku PR ambassador job, which NGT48's Kato Minami and others worked as, it has been decided on the 6th of this month that the contract for the current fiscal year will not be renewed. Acknowledging the series of issues revolving around the assault cause which affected former member Yamaguchi Maho, the contract renewal was at first put on hold, but with the inappropriate remarks made by Kato on a certain social network site also adding to it, the contract deal has in the end been abandoned.

Two members, one being Kato, had been appointed as Minami-ku PR ambassadors since 2016, with them participating in the PR campaigns for local specialities. A contract with NGT was expected again for the 2019 fiscal year, with 2,184,000 yen being allocated in the District's PR project funds, which included funds for the PR publicity of tourism facilities.

However, the City first put on hold the contract renewal for the 2019 fiscal year, after acknowledging the series of controversies. Then, as a result also of the discovery of the inappropriate remarks from Kato on social media back in May, the contract plans have now been abandoned. The Minami-ku District added that "We have come to the conclusion that, with NGT, it is impossible for us to accomplish our purpose, which is to spread awareness of our District's charms".

Also speaking of NGT, although they were serving also in the role of special supporters for the 150th annivesary project of the inauguration of Niigata's port, also held by the City, the City has ultimately showed their plans not to employ them.

Meanwhile, on the 5th of this month, the Prefecture made their stance clear that there won't be a renewal of contract with NGT as special supporters for the Popular Cultural Festival.

---
    Apart from the question of why NGT48 has been revealed to be such a drain of public fundings, as if it's some non-for-profit organization or religious congregation, there is someone saying things straight and crudely once again. As usual it's the voices from within the prefecture that are the most severe, and for a reason.
    What disappoints me, on the other hand, is that the Governor of Japan's most indebted prefecture never sounded like the sharpest tool in the shed during this whole case, but everyone realized that long ago. Remember it's the same man who as early as January 16 couldn't think up of anything more intelligent to say than: "I can't tell what the impact (of the incident) will be but I want to hope there will be none. One thing for certain is that NGT's existence became more widely known to the public".
    Talk about lack of perception and foresight (oh, by the way this is the man Katomina's dad shilled for in the elections, just to put it into context...)

Funny thing is, in citing the reasons for them to change the trade name they report that, in addition to the fact they intend to handle more projects other than SKE48, it's also expressedly to avoid any misunderstanding that the management's rights are still in AKS's hands.
    Doesn't change the fact that Yoshinari is still one of the board directors of SKE Co. Ltd., with 20% of the stocks in her possession...

Last edited: May 31, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 12
    • Like Like x 1
  11. SaitoWinterStar

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    My translation of the summary from https://jbbs.shitaraba.net/bbs/read.cgi/music/29852/1553736787 for 6/7 (Friday).

• Informative Informative x 10
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Mikuriin

Mikuriin Future Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    It was toxic enough causing a lot of contracts termination, many shows ending, cancellation of the biggest event in 48G, and no single announcement on the mother group.

• Agree Agree x 9
  13. vshav

vshav Member

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Kotoko
    Bless any girl solely depending on AKB as their income source. Especially the ones that sacrificed school, if there's any.

• Like Like x 5
    • Creative Creative x 1
  14. FMecha

FMecha Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    アレックス・ボウマン(?)
    Twitter:
    FMecha_EXE
    Bunka Taboo trying to boycott the entire prefecture or something. Gonna keep the heat going.

元NGT48の山口真帆さんへの暴行騒動で評判ガタ落ち新潟県ですが、安心してください。もともと最低な県です。移住はもちろんのこと、観光もしないほうが吉でしょう。【超タブー46掲載】

(Mod edit: removed oversized photo from behind the spoiler. Please note that oversized photos are against the rules even behind spoilers.)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2019
  15. SaitoWinterStar

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    My translation of the summary from https://jbbs.shitaraba.net/bbs/read.cgi/music/29852/1553736787 for 6/8 (Saturday).

Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

This is the worrying bit.
    The fact the mothership was so affected by the incident that they are barely doing anything apart from HS and stage performances.

At this point, I don’t get why they just don’t cut the problem at the root (disband NGT) and try go back to normal. Nobody wants anything to do with the group, so it’s basically a leak of money and resources at this point.

• Agree Agree x 14
  17. tuxedo_gin

tuxedo_gin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    onishimomoka
    Seems like the president of AKS wants to prove that they're right, and they're the boss, and that fans can't dictate to them what they should do. Years of being able to do whatever they want - controlling the fans - has likely made her and others just not care. It's already clear from this incident that they don't care about the well being of the members. They obvious don't care about what the fans want. They refuse to admit that when push comes to shove the fans and the public have more power than they do.

• Agree Agree x 13
  18. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    NGT has become a blight on the whole franchise. Just throw the thing in the trash already.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  19. rmn89

rmn89 Member

leave one wolf alive. the sheep are never safe.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. SaitoWinterStar

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    My translation of the summary from https://jbbs.shitaraba.net/bbs/read.cgi/music/29852/1553736787 for 6/9 (Sunday).
    [Edit: a couple more items were added late]

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 8
    • Like Like x 6
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1