NGT48 Assault Case

Discussion in 'General NGT48 Discussion' started by Cisalpine88, Jan 9, 2019.

1. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I was thinking today, usually we already have a new single released by this time of year. I know we're not holding SSK this year, but I can't help think that the fact that we don't even have an ANNOUNCEMENT of a single yet is related to this case and the fact that they're probably debating about including NGT, and which members at that.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  2. ayyu

ayyu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kodamaharuka
    if they are debating what ngt members to add they are probably stuck on ogino, her company will probably insist the stays a senbatsu stable. but last time ngt members where avoided by the camera on a music show so i think the public will have a negative reaction regardless who is chosen.

i also think the situation has spilled into aks and 48G in the public minds, so there will be negative reaction to new single announcement.

if public sentiment is not changed by end of year i wouldnt be surprised if 48g is not invited to Kōhaku Uta Gassen​

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. rmn89

rmn89 Member

maybe they need to change their "face". probably it will help a bit. i think its time for Honma Hinata to be the face of ngt. at least she says smth good about the maho incident. so she could be like the "new and better" face than Ogino and her "only God knows what the hell happened behind the curtains" . + they still need to get rid of the bad girls, root and stem.

gotta say that not hearing any announcement of single from akb, or the absence of ssk just made me lost big amount of interest to the 48 groups. suddenly i feels the whole thing is too gimmicky and starting to be an embarassed fan. i was a proud one.

• Like x 4
    • Dislike x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Creative x 1
  4. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Thinking how much work the first three gens and even some of the later girls put into 48G... this makes me so sad. I realised a while ago that in the beginning, the goal was for them to become a popular girl group and eventually, the goal became being a stand-out member (looking out for yourself). I wish there was more team work among the girls. They often say they want to bring AKB back to its former glory and maybe this is the time that it will finally happen, now that the girls will have to pick the group back up, so to say.

• Like Like x 8
  5. J-Pop Project

J-Pop Project Kenkyuusei

Sony Music will not release any new single for a group if they feel it would harm their reputation.

• Like Like x 1
  6. humbal

humbal Next Girls

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 6
    • Like Like x 3
  7. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    AKB48 is not under Sony Music though :confused:

8. J-Pop Project

J-Pop Project Kenkyuusei

Sorry - I meant NGT48. I do not expect the other groups' release dates will be affected.

9. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    That's what I was talking about though. The past few years, AKB48 released a single at the end of May/beginning of June
    • Teacher Teacher - 2018.05.30
    • Negaigoto no Mochigusare - 2017.05.31
    • Tsubasa wa Iranai - 2016.06.01
    • Bokutachi wa Tatakawanai - 2015.05.20
    • Labrador Retriever - 2014.05.21
    (You get my point – they've done this since 2008 when we didn't even have SSK yet)

And they also released singles in February/March (like we had Jiwaru Days in March). Yet there isn't even an announcement yet about a new single. I believe that NGT's scandal is related to this because NGT members are usually part of AKB48 single senbatsu (like @ayyu pointed out, Ogino Yuka in particular) so they're not sure yet who to include in senbatsu.

• Like Like x 3
  10. ayyu

ayyu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kodamaharuka
    the public wont follow the case as closely as we are, all they will remember now is is that ngt are full of mean girls. i think that label has stuck regardless who is guilty or innocent in relation to the assault.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    If they really want a NGT girl in Senbatsu they can choose only Yuka and get over with it. Or go for Okappa or Hinata for a nice change. I don't think who to pick is that much of an issue, honestly. They're probably more concerned about sending out a flop of a single in the middle of all this.

12. ysa73

ysa73 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Rissen Airi
    rena states that it's actually akimoto who induced the agency signature, bloke finally did something

• Like Like x 3
  13. SaitoWinterStar

SaitoWinterStar Upcoming Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    My translation of the summary from https://jbbs.shitaraba.net/bbs/read.cgi/music/29852/1553736787 for 6/10 (Monday).

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 13
    • Like Like x 4
  14. shining445

shining445 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    jonishikei
    I'm so proud of Rena!! :inlove: Good for her. And "my new agency is so welcoming" - as an agency should be!! Encouraging and supportive for a person's career.

Can someone translate Tano's December mobane? (from above)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

That's quite a sentance, is it meant to be a tonguetwister? :hehe:

It couldn't happen to a nicer person, I'm glad for her!

• Like Like x 1
  16. SaitoWinterStar

SaitoWinterStar Upcoming Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    You mean this one?

My translations are very rough, I'm not that great at Japanese so please correct me if I mistranslate something

Tano seems to have written content that hints at the incident between Yamaguchi and Nishigata in her mail from 19th December. Sources are;
    1. Tano's tweet from 19th December: "Did mobame arrive yet? I sent quite a long one so I'd be grateful if it was transmitted to everyone. I am thankful to everyone as always"
    2. Reading her mobame from that day, she says there's something regarding Mahohon. It is related to doing something with the most mature members

on December 19th, Nishigata also mentions in her mobame that there was a problem with Mahohon
    on December 20th, Nishigata says she received energy from mobame. Nishigata is hopeful that are prayers are coming true
    on December 21st, the three little piglets that aren't afraid of the big bad wolf are cute (?), mobame is written very quickly

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  18. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    メン is usually short for メンバー, that is, member. 一番の大人メン could be most mature or oldest member(s). Most mature could mean anything, but Mahohon and Gatanee are the oldest* (Maho a month older), then Ayakani and Mofu. Also in that same line, がた姉 is Gatanee.

In regard to Gatanee's prayers, did she know yet that her cat was sick? I got the impression from her excuse tweet that she didn't find out until January, but...

Kind of wonder if the Three Little Pigs thing isn't a reference to a rerun of a cartoon rather than anything deeper, but I'm not sure how to check for that. On the other side of the spectrum, the 21st is one of several times Tano and Mahohon performed together in Team G's stage after the incident.

Given how people twisted Tano's (publicly albeit briefly visible) photologs I find it even harder to trust brief summaries of mobame contents.

* Excluding Yukirin

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  19. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Thanks, I changed it