1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

NGT48 Assault Case

Discussion in 'General NGT48 Discussion' started by Cisalpine88, Jan 9, 2019.

1. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    In this last post that I quoted, he was kind of defending them by saying they couldn't have handled it any different. At least that's how I see it.

2. half23

half23 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Shinozaki Ayana
    we often discussed this matter on the discord channel, i dont see him defending the management or their decisions

3. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    My post was in response to one specific post, hence why I quoted it, in which management was defended. This is a pointless argument.

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. half23

half23 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Shinozaki Ayana
    saying "They weren't able to handle it properly" pretty much means.....that the management made the wrong decision though

• Creative Creative x 1
  5. gish0046

gish0046 Upcoming Girls

This implies that management did the best they could and that it was actually "a certain someone's" fault that things went awry.

I've never seen a more crystal clear example of someone defending management and dragging Maho at the same time.

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  6. half23

half23 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Shinozaki Ayana
    its a matter of different interpretation then
    as in my opinion, nobody with a right mind would defend the shitty management :^^;:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  7. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Did you bother reading the post *I* quoted? Because like you, I was responding to something.

When originally writing it, I debated adding "At least that's how I see their argument going." to the end of the post, but decided to leave it as is.

They certainly didn't "do the best they could", but at the same time that certain someone hindered her own case by believing the criminals' word and tying her love ban crusade to her assault. Management should have moved more quickly in other aspects, but in refusing to punish members without proof they were just.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
    • Dislike Dislike x 11
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Creative Creative x 2
  8. TheHitch

TheHitch Kenkyuusei

Yeah right. Look at how all those supposed measures are filtered by the same management that lacks any transparency and took no measure to bring justice to Maho in order to protect the sacred cows.

If management wants people to believe things will be different, first thing they ought to do is take out all those members involved with fans and extirpate them from the group like the corrosive cancer they are.

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

That's probably the most odious comment on this thread.

Yeah we get it, Nishigata [didn't do anything], Tano [didn't do anything], Katomina [didn't do anything], etc etc.

Mod note: language that can be considered racist replaced.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 13
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  10. primermicarrucha

primermicarrucha Future Girls

are you saying you believe there is no link between certain members and these delinquent fans outside their original statements, which you believe to be a lie (because they changed their story?)
    don't you think she would have been suspicious of members being accused of involvement had she no other reason to think they could be? there must've been a reason for her to believe the connection was possible if not very likely in her eyes.
    to say she was merely on a "love ban crusade" is pretty crass and unsympathetic to someone who probably put up with a lot more shit living there than we'll ever know before that line was crossed. even if she was on some crusade, i think it would be against so-called idols who don't behave anything like idols and who think they've got everyone fooled, rather than just a simple "love ban violation"...

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. shining445

shining445 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    jonishikei
    That's what I always laugh about.
    "The members were questioned and handed over there phones. We concluded that no one is at fault." or whatever.
    Management will continually blame Maho until the end of time. They can cover up all they want; they can do all the security measures they want. Won't change the fact that the unfortunate events happened.

• Like Like x 6
  12. Falx1984

Falx1984 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    fukagawamai
    I think anyone would have realized in hindsight it was obvious that her previous months of talking about the love ban was not her being a goody-two-shoes but in fact trying to get management to stop ignoring that these girls were hanging out with thugs.

But I continue to be surprised and disappointed.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  13. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Absolutely nothing will.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Incidentally, the only one we know that has even handed over the cellphone was C-gata (at her own discretion of course), which was all fine and dandy until it turned out that these goons have one of their meeting rooms situated right in the same building where she lives which rendered the whole declaration totally pointless (again, in that part of the report dealing with this detail there's a mess with the terminology: while I once rendered it as "Yamaguchi has been informed from the Niigata police department's officiers that Man #1, in addition to the building in question, had rented rooms in another 3 buildings in the city of Niigata, one being in the one where C lives, etc...", in the original it consistently says renting a "manshon" to mean also the rooms which makes both the description fuzzy and the writing unprofessional, one more reason it should have been the third-party experts to explain what they themselves had written inside).
    By the way, even considering that the point of the inspection was just to look up for "physical evidences suggesting a connivance in the incident", however restrictive a scope this is as I already explained before, what ("exhaustive", as it's vaguely described in the report) procedures did they even go through with it? Or it's too much of a violation of privacy to ask (definitely not as much as entering into someone's apartment)? Tano owns a laptop as well, for that matter...

I forgot to translate it back in the day, since it was added too early, but this one was another one of the first tweets to have been liked by January 27 by Maho, which definitely hints at it being the case. You can still track back and see it by yourself.

まほほんがずっと繋がっているメンバーを攻め続けていたように勘違いしている人も多いようだが、事件前までは「清濁併せ呑む」態度で、時々爆発してSRでぼやく程度。爆発したのは事件と運営の取扱の責任なのは明白。悪いのは繋がったメンバーと運営だぞ。
    https://twitter.com/HiroKws/status/1088711563626741761

There's quite plenty of people who make the mistake of assuming Mahohon had always kept lambasting those members who are consorting, but in fact until before the incident it was a "taking the rough with the smooth" kind of approach, with her just having an outburst every so often and complaining about it on SR. It is pretty evident that the incident and the responsability of the management in handling it were the factors, about her coming out. The ones at fault are both the members consorting and the management alike.

---
    So, there you have it. Now, do the members consort with the same yakkai wotas associated with the assault?
    Yeah, and I don't even need to look too much at the rumors to prove it, because it's an open secret. Nakai's ex-boyfriend Rikiya, for one thing, is close enough with them that they even share the air of the same room, so any talk about degrees of separation is needless.
    MNsULjAvqYdzaTd_MjR3U_11021.jpeg
    From left to right, Rikiya, Gori (Bunshun reporter for hire, gone mysteriously missing after catching "influenza" back in February when he got exposed, and never recovering since), Kasai and Kitagawa (both perpetrators), the whole rougue gallery in one picture
    Bunshun lied, and they especially did so in their first scoop where they tried to make Nakai the scapegoat (the article of which for some reason was unceremoniously deleted by the end of May, as I've been informed. After all they have done to get it out in time to defuse the situation...). Still, the only thing they misreported about Rikiya is that he's actually too much of a small fry to have a gang named after him (as Z-kai, or Z-gundan as it was adjusted to in later scoops, is supposed to imply).
    Good times when we still thought it as just a matter of a fan dating an idol (who hasn't before?) and it was supposed to be made into a funny anecdote to bring up on lowbrow variety shows, huh...

Also, the story about the Noe purikura leak?
    It began with Noe talking about this in a Showroom as early as November 20, 2016: "«I wish you would be giving to me a personal treatment [during Showroom streams]», that's what I had been asked by someone, and when I told back how this was out of the question, he told back that they would expose my friends ...or where my high school is."
    https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1085552594775404545/pu/vid/640x358/Bb0Jn4C-CMNfXiiv.mp4
    Which then was soon followed with this not so velied threat on the same day:
    buntokun1.jpg buntokun2.jpg
    "Buntoku", which is part of that same yakkai gundan, and even Kasai with his old account. Basically when you see there's a problem in NGT48 you can bet it's always the same congregation of presumed fans behind it, what a coincidence. Yeah, no doubt that things had gone rampant for so long but then again the management probably needed to keep them around as their own cheerleading squad or else NGT would look irrelevant (one of these funny guys had been the Seitansai chairman for Katomina for two years before sending death threats to Maho, I mean).
    By the way, good ol' chap Oyashirosama did an excellent job collecting and cataloguing informations connecting all of them based on now-locked accounts and long-inactive ones that were found around, I'd spend hours browsing through all these tweets...

Last edited: Apr 17, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 13
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. Falx1984

Falx1984 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    fukagawamai
    Damn, thank you very much for helping with keeping records like that.

16. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I saw what you responded to, and I argued that they definitely could have handled things better. If they had acted (for example by offering counselling for her, as I said earlier), Maho might not have gone public and then NGT/AKS wouldn't have had to halt activities. I never said anything about punishing allegedly involved members, I was talking about inciting an investigation or offering her mental support. That's all it might have taken.

If I were in her shoes, and one side told me what happened (the attackers) and the other side didn't speak to her about this matter at all (management and the allegedly involved members), then there would be no other choice but to believe the attackers that other girls were involved. We know they didn't speak much to Maho and tried to brush this under the rug.

I could see how, in the beginning, you tried to stay neutral and give everyone the benefit of the doubt, but in the process you have now come to actually blaming Maho for how things turned out. Honestly gross.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Tuhis

Tuhis Member

Oshimen:
    Furuhata Nao
    While it might have made business sense to throw certain suspected members under the bus, but "for the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer" then without actual evidence it is one word against another and that is not enough to take someone's livelihood or freedom.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  18. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    They could have done some things. Proper mental and emotional care for those affected (really, for everyone) especially. But the suspicion of member involvement threw a huge spanner in the works that eliminated many easier, more tried-and-true solutions. In particular it made it harder for them to approach Mahohon, and to reconcile her with those she now suspected. The day after the assault she was already tweeting "NO FORGIVENESS". From their behaviour, Etsuro and later his replacements seem to have been blindly navigating unknown, unfamiliar territory trying and failing to find a way out. They screwed up over and over, but the problem existed in the first place because of a) the assault itself, and b) the false implications made by the attackers afterwards. That is what they are asking compensation for. And, they're only claiming 30% of their total estimated losses from the culprits, which I think is reasonable. Maybe a bit high... but I'd prefer the two were in prison, so I won't be too sorry for them if they have to pay the whole sum. (I don't expect they will.)

But Maho did. Repeatedly. She made it central to the case. And despite what the revisionists above are trying to claim, she'd always made a big deal out of keeping the love ban, despite it not actually being in their contracts.

Or Maho didn't speak much to them. We don't know, but I'd guess it was a bit (a lot) of both. It's rumoured Etsuro had to bring her and Ayakani together to get them to talk (it didn't go well, also according to the rumour). Communication is a two way street. I understand why you want to absolve Maho of any wrongdoing, but at least recognise that's what you're doing.

Being the victim doesn't make her exempt from criticism. Her choices and actions did worsen the aftermath. Of course the lions' share of the blame lies with management and the attackers, as well as anyone who helped plan the attack. And with people online who spread malicious rumours either deliberately or without due fact-checking diligence.

Not as gross as the hatred that passes for "#JusticeForMahohon"

I feel like I've reiterated the same point three times now. If somehow you still don't quite get it... well, feel free to express that but I'm going to try my hardest not to reply.

• Dislike Dislike x 15
    • Like Like x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  19. Falx1984

Falx1984 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    fukagawamai
    Agreed, but let us not forget AKS lied over and over again from the start of the situation, first Maho and then to literally everyone else, and they're still maintaining a stance that does not agree with the available evidence.

What I'm saying is, is that it is entirely in AKS character to have had the evidence needed to indeed throw people under the bus, whether it is the three suspected or someone entirely else, and chose not to.

False statements by the attackers, how funny. Because criminals don't ever change their testimony. Never. When they say something that might end up screwing them over more later and they realize, oh shit if the police call those girls into interrogate them seriously they will definitely screw everything up, well too late we already told the truth and we can't change it now. Let's just shake hands with the policemen who caught us and go to prison with smiles on our faces.

It couldn't possibly happen that they would then change their statements saying they were lying previously and sticking to the safer testimony which limited the number of potential leads the police could aggressively interrogate without causing political backlash from the local government. Never ever.

Also it is funny calling people revisionists when they're the only ones who bother posting archived physical evidence rather than weaseling around the English language subtly pushing a narrative that is in line with AKS' preferred outcome, that it all be forgotten. He's been that way right from the start really, and has only just recently given up and resorted to low-key victim blaming. A victim of assault is not responsible for the actions of her attackers. Either in the past or the future. Gross is an understatement.

• Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Tuhis

Tuhis Member

Oshimen:
    Furuhata Nao
    That was a business decision they did and next judgement is consumers’ decision on whether to spend money on their product or not. After all this, I find myself allocating plenty of money to AKS. (I’d prefer Zest but...)

• Agree Agree x 1