1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

NGT48 Assault Case

Discussion in 'General NGT48 Discussion' started by Cisalpine88, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Ophelia

Ophelia Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Kitahara Rie
    So? That has nothing to do with what I said. Didn't say all men are like that and I was just pointing out the problems I see within the industry.

#notallmen #jordanpeterson #cleaningmyroom #MRA

• Like x 12
    • Dislike x 2
    • Old x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
  2. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    lol @Raveen considering most of 48 fanbase is made by men I don't see how it could be different.
    @Ophelia stated her opinion (which I think it's quite right) and everyone can dislike it or like it, but let's not make Maho's thread the battlefield of a gender war.

I presume Maho wasn't to today RH, but I saw a tweet by Noe from there being the target of angry fans... was someone else missing except for Riko whos' injuried?
    And.. this means the members have free access to SNS now? Obviously I'd expect them to be told the limits of what to say and what not.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Your method of solving the problems is like getting someone in to fix a leaky roof and they pour petrol all over the building and throw a match on it.

Nishigata and Tano weren't there.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. ethereallimbo

ethereallimbo Kenkyuusei

Because of Request Hour NGT48 members have sent out tweets. Not sure if the hiatus has been uplifted or just an exception for today.

I don't know if anyone has a list of which NGT48 members were present but these (regular) members haven't tweeted: Maho, Ayakani, Gatanee, Riko. Also Renapon and Mofuchan.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 10
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    I know the first four didn't perform.

I haven't seen Renapon or Mofuchan in photos from the event yet, but I can't confirm whether they were there or not.

6. nvmea

nvmea Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Hongo Yuzuha
    Twitter:
    nvmea
    it's indeed surprising to not see those tweets more discussed. The content is not at all interesting to the case, but it's notable that while Kato, Ogino and Yamada are getting a huge amount of negative comments, hardly anyone else does - even Anju, who is present in some of the spectacular diagrams, got only a few. Quite the contrary, people seem to be rushing to offer support to the "clean" members. Is NGT done? Well they might be for those million different reasons, but I certainly haven't seen much of "everyone's suspect!!!" anywhere. For those 5 though damage has clearly been done and there it's gonna be interesting how they're gonna approach it.

• Like x 3
    • Winner x 2
    • Informative x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Useful x 1
  7. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    @nvmea Noe is receiving the most actual hate. A lot of the negative replies to Kato and Ogiyuka are disappointment and demanding they stand up for Maho. They're the faces of the group, which is why people are replying to them.

No one cares about Anju.

@Ophelia
    Well, I also don't want the Western world imposing their answer to gender issues on Japan because I think it's equally the wrong answer. Blindly egalitarian gender "equality" ignores very real physiological and psychological differences between the sexes that need to be accounted for to promote maximum happiness for both sides. The two sides of a balanced chemical equation may have very different properties.

Also, forcing other cultures to conform to ones own (and believing it's Right to do so) is Imperialism at its finest.

But that's wildly off-topic.

• Agree x 10
    • Like x 4
    • Winner x 4
    • Dislike x 1
    • Creative x 1
  8. Taka22

Taka22 Member

Oshimen:
    satoshiori
    NGT wotas don't seem to show much empathy toward Maho as well ...
    just look to her replies today, there are only non fans and foreigners comments .

Members posing with smiles like nothing happened , in the end it seems we are celebrating the impunity
    :|:cry:

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  9. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Can't confirm on the legitimacy of this yet because I'm unfamiliar with the site it's hosted on, but since yesterday I have seen it being circulated what seems to be an open letter from Keyholder's shareholders, urging the company to put pressure on AKS.
    http://ishotoroku.4stars.ne.jp/ske.html

For the attention of Keyholder Co. Ltd.

A written plea as the stockholders of your company regarding the business of SKE48​

2019/01/17 The company stockholders​

As follows, we hereby hasten to express our stance as stockholders of Keyholder Co. Ltd., with reference to the establishment of SKE Co. Ltd. and the "Notice regarding the signing of the business transfer contract for SKE48, as well as the starting of the new business operations" that was published last year on December 27.

As it is already being widely reported on the news, the assault incident which saw the member Yamaguchi Maho, in 48Group-affiliated NGT48, as the victim, as well as AKS's response following it, left a number of doubts and misgivings in its wake, and attracted criticisms to itself. It has been shown to the public how not only AKS didn't properly fulfill their accountability duties for this, while the victim received no decent amount of relief, but the response that was taken by the people concerned only raised suspicions about a coverup job in which even press outlets were embroiled in.

Today, as it is also proven by it being reported on the top page of CNN's website, news of it has spread all the way to overseas, in a situation where this is no longer only a NGT48 problem, but threatens to become a problem spanning all of the AKB Group. Not just that, but even on the issue of Shuukan Bunshun that was published yesterday, there are baffling claims being reported that contraddict with what could be surmised from various other informations, not to mention the desperate confession made by the victim herself.

It is also becoming increasingly clear that, inside of the NGT48 management, unbecoming issues concerning a part of the fans and the inappropriate actions of part of the members, have been left untouched by the group's management side.

It is inevitable to say that even all of this stems from a situation in which AKS is failing to fulfill their accountability duties, and the victim is not being provided a sufficient level of relief.

The co-signatory of the contract that your company has stipulated this time is AKS Co. Ltd., and as per contract, 20% of the stocks of SKE Co. Ltd. are also already set to be assigned to AKS.

As of today, January 17, a new company. SKE Co. Ltd. had already been established in order to run SKE's business, which is set to begin operations on March 1.

Nonetheless, we as your company's stockholders are harboring no little concerns about whether, in the midst of a situation as described above, the new company could be established and business transfer be carried out at the intended schedule, or if inheriting the business as it is and in an uncritical way would be the right move.

At present time, NGT48 is suffering from large repercussions with advertisement by sponsors being cancelled and commercials being discontinued from airing, in a situation which is not unlikely to spread into a problem encompassing the whole AKB Group. It can be expected that, while no appropriate measures being taken yet, it will become arduous for a NGT48 management to operate normally, and spark a backlash that will see increasing criticism even on methods like handshake events and Sousenkyo.

As things stand now, in any case, the members are placed in a condition comparable to gag orders, and even news outlets are left unable to reveal the true facts.

As AKS continues to not offer any explanation on the facts, the only ones who can make a strong statement against AKS are the sponsor companies of NGT48, and your company which has not completed the transfer of business yet.

Therefore, as written below, we express our stance on today's case and a strong petition as stockholders, requesting for suitable measures to be taken.

1. We request AKS that truthful informations be released as soon and quickly as possible, regarding the series of questions that have sparked from the NGT48 incident, which is at the basis of today's problem.

2. In particular, being this an associate company of the same 48 Group, we request to AKS that regulations be thoroughly observed, which includes ensuring the security of members, starting with the victim herself, safeguarding and respecting the human rights and views of every member, as well as keeping an appropriate relationship with a part of the fans.

3. Should the impact be so big as to make a regular management of NGT difficult, and thus damage the value as a business of the 48Group of which SKE is part, that your company will propose to AKS and producer Akimoto Yasushi a rescue plan which includes the transfer to SKE of the victim of today's incident and any NGT members sympathizing for her, in case they wish.

4. Regarding the 21 employees you have received from AKS, that following the transfer of business, you will carry out an exhaustive personal check on everyone of them, from the standpoint of regulations compliance.

5. As SKE Co. Ltd., before the starting of your business, that you release an explanation on your guideline policy, regarding regulations which include countermeasure to ensure the security of members, safeguarding and respecting the human rights and expression of every member, as well as the full respect of regulations to keep an appropriate relationship with a part of the fans

This is all. Submitting the above-mentioned measures to the attention of AKS and producer Akimoto Yasushi will be Nobuyoshi Fujisawa himself, J-Trust representative director and director from your own company.
    As such, we have expressed our hopes and opinions, with the request that measures will be taken expeditely.
    Sincerely yours.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 22
    • Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  10. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    It's really interesting to see that only these three particular girls are receiving hate comments (which I understand to a certain degree although I personally don't send them any tweets at all) and the other girls' only have comments like "otsukaresamadeshita~"

I personally unfollowed every NGT member except for Maho. I've kind of stopped being a huge fan of them and I'd rather not focus any energy on any members besides Maho.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. ET920

ET920 Member

Truth be told most NGT48 wotas are either Ogiyuka, Rikachan, Katomina or Yukirin oshi, and three of them have had a pretty bland response towards this so... Also, it might be that NGT48 Japanese wotas' goals are just different from the foreigner mob.

Documentary of AKB48: Show Must Go On. In the end, they are also professional.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

I am SCREAMING at that letter from the SKE people.

Please, let it be true.

• Agree Agree x 22
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    I think that regardless of what you think of the western brand of feminism or the japanese brand of feminism (it is there and it's moving, after all) this could be a trigger on improving the working conditions of artists as managements finally realize people are not dumb and they are watching. As in, changing the attitude of idols' employers, encouraging a culture of actual justice and care towards the only assets that, should they break down, the whole castle goes down, and punishing them if they fail to take care of them. And this might scare people in management positions to actually get to concrete solutions when their assets are threatened. Idols might come and go, but the reputation they bring along with them can drag for years and year, and I don't think this is one NGT will outlive as long as it exists... girls will stop auditioning in the numbers they have been, stopped by their parents or their own reasoning that they want a better group. They have already been too slow, too indolent, too self-preserving, and now sponsors are punishing them for it. I'd find it unlikely that they will find new sponsors to the level they had until now, and they don't cut it out ASAP it will leak into the rest of the sister groups. Mahohon exposed a crucial fault in the system she's in and now the wound is festering behind a mountain or poorly applied bandages.

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    Keyholder are cunning people [hehe] They said "Don't hate us, hate only AKS and NGT. Anf if you want to transfer Mahohon in SKE (the most popular today idol with a big supprot from all people) we are not against it :XD:

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Ophelia

Ophelia Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Kitahara Rie
    That's fair, I don't think people should try to change another countries culture if it isn't necessary. But when said culture is rooted in sexism or misogyny because of it's patriarchal history then it becomes a whole different story. Even the idol industry is affected by it to a lesser extend. Also, this is about human rights and people being seen as equal. If the culture isn't an equal playing ground for both sexes then there is something inherently wrong with it. Just look at what's happening in some middle-eastern and African countries with it's child marriages and having women wear full body suits. That's just culture too right?
    I do believe men and women are different physiologically because duh... but psychologically? Not so sure about that. Masculinity and femininity are socially constructed concepts and have a huge influence on how people behave. This is not something inherent but something that is socialized into someone from a very early age. If you factor your kind of thinking into why the idol industry is the way it is, and what kind of ideologies and mindsets are at the base of it, then you're not questioning anything, you're just going along with the whole thing. ''Boys will be boy, they can't help it! It's their psychological makeup!''.

This is a discussion for another place and another time so I will leave it at that. Sorry for disrupting the conversation.

• Like x 7
    • Disagree x 4
    • Dislike x 3
    • Agree x 3
    • Winner x 1
    • Creative x 1
  17. humbal

humbal Next Girls

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    • Informative Informative x 4
  18. Ophelia

Ophelia Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Kitahara Rie
    Thanks for the translation!

I so hope this is real. Though it's kinda sad to think that they are only concerned with the matter because money is at stake. Still, it would be nice to see more pressure from different groups within the company to stop the cover up and tell us the truth. The girls that are most likely guilty will already have their careers ruined, that's for sure. Though for Maho's sake I hope that they are actually named and shamed. No hiding behind management.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

I truly hope this is a real thing, because it sounds too good to be true. It hits all of the salient points that fans have been complaining about:
    • Maho herself hasn't received justice yet
    • AKS and Bunshun are working together to cover things up
    • Investors and sponsors are pulling out because they don't trust AKS/NGT anymore
    • The repercussions of this incident will be felt throughout the 48G and far into the future and it's all NGT management's/upper management's fault for doing nothing about it
    • Members aren't being allowed to speak, and AKS is not coming out with all the facts
    • NGT fans have overstepped their bounds and members may not be safe
    • Abused members should be offered transfers as an alternative to graduating, and existing members should be vetted for character
    • Management itself should be held accountable for keeping the members safe and providing a framework for that
    Is it really possible that a shareholder company could write such an on-the-nose letter about the situation? I find it hard to believe, if only because it seems so convenient. I hope the source is tracked down soon.

• Agree Agree x 17
    • Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  20. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

And the longer they wait, the harder it’ll be to gain the lost trust.

For real, it is SO easy to fire people.

• Agree Agree x 8