1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

TV / Radio NGT48 no Niigatta Furendo! (2017/01/16 - 2019/03/25)

Discussion in 'NGT48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Dec 8, 2016.

1. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

^ Cute EP! I was kind of disappointed with the previous two; so nice to see one that got the laughs going again (at least for me)...

Good episode for 3 reasons: one, Kitarie-Captain as expected kept the pace moving alongside Lotti with her variety experience; two, Reinya got to mend her (admittedly bad) turn as a poor sport prior, with the Oujishi greeting (which was awesome); and it's always nice to have Noe around when a boké / cheerleader's needed to boost the mood...

Oddly enough, it was Nakaoka that stole the show for me (perhaps due to being tired and punchy?) -- his seagull-pluck of a snack from his hair, his sleep marks on his face from sleeping on the ferry, and the mention that the Oujishi on the shop sign looked like Reinya. :lol:

Notes... I used to dislike Noe as a sore thumb in the lineup... but now that the group's gone ballistic-famous, realize she does have a vital role as cheerleader, one that other than Ogiyuka has no peer in NGT or any of the other 48G. She is as much a part of the ensemble as any of them, and the group's variety wouldn't be what it is IMO without her.

2. Arinko

Arinko Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
    Ep 31 I think was recorded on Mofu's seitansei 20170713 as the three of them turned up in casual clothes near the end of the NIII3 performance with the cake.

3. Humbucker

Humbucker Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Sashihara Rino
  4. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

^ Aww. Now that Kitarie's announced grad... I begin to wonder how many more appearances she'll make on variety before next Spring. :cry:

5. Humbucker

Humbucker Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Sashihara Rino
    I would be fine if they locked Kitarie in the show until she graduates (or while the show lasts), rotating just the other two members. It would give a dynamism in the episodes.

6. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Finally caught up with this show :D

The experience being to Sado that Kitarie probably was referring to is probably in this program two years ago XD

if the video does not show watch the video here

And yeah, I'm gunna miss Kitarie a lot :(

7. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    I haven't watched the episodes yet, but regarding Sado island: actually, all of NGT were sent there for one of the Nemousu challenges before.
    It was a training camp thing where the members had to learn how to play taiko drums and create a musical performance to be played in public places. They also all had meals in the same hall, slept together in the same room, and I remember there was also an unscheduled meeting late in the night where members got together to voice their problems, which was pretty emotive.
    Overall, it was a great opportunity for everyone to strengthen bonds and foster group unity.

8. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    And yeah the Taiko challenge, I remember Kitarie wasn't impressed by the girls tardiness in the morning and got upset which was kinda the turning point of the episode.

9. Humbucker

Humbucker Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Sashihara Rino
  10. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

^ Was sort of a more muted EP than the funniest of our Sadoshima series, but I really was more occupied wanting to see more of Kitarie, esp on NF -- she was brilliant with her rapid-fire, adlib responses, which provide return fire for Lotti as well as a finely-polished, anchoring voice for the idols. *sigh* :(:^^;:

I thought the funniest bit was at the end, looking for what to eat with an hour left before their ferry. Almost half of that was deciding among three finicky girls, where to eat... and when they finally found somewhere that made nodoguro -- something they'd been looking forward to trying since the start -- it was actually closed! Denial set in hard and Ojishi Reina pokes her head into a dark, closed restaurant and yells "Is anyone here...?" :lol:

So they go to an earlier place they'd passed for eats... and after ikasomen & sazae trying to act like it was better than the nodoguro they'd missed out on... the talk turns to who endured the most on the trip. Reina gets two votes, Yamada one, and Kitarie none? After a bit of explaining, they show who they actually would've voted for... and it was all themselves. :XD:

I really got jazzed for next week's EP -- Hasegawa, Ayakani, and Tsugumin looked to be out and about, which should be lively. :blush:

11. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Is this the first episode where not just one but two shops refused them to record for their roke lol

Hyped for next week too. Baseball girl seems like a superstar in her hometown.

12. Humbucker

Humbucker Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Sashihara Rino
  13. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

^ What a fun EP! This is the kind of pace and rhythm that got me into NF in the first place... :approve:

After not knowing anything that makes her hometown Tainai famous except that 'there's lots of greenery, and the blue sky' :^^;:, Lotti and Renapon, Ayakani, and Tsugumin go on a walking tour as usual, in search of a bakery Rena knows from childhood -- Masaya. Even though they wouldn't know her face as she didn't actually buy her favorite bakery treat. [hehe]

After meeting some high-spirited old ladies at a fruit stand... Lotti asks them if they know who the Tainai girl is -- and guess right! Afterwards one of the ladies gives everyone pickled eggplant -- including the cameraman! They later meet a woman on the street who knows Rena from her days playing baseball -- and the gang all get into a little sim of having a grounder hit to Rena's 2nd base -- and she wings the ball to Ayutaro on 1st, who cringes and ducks! Nakaoka scolds Rena for throwing the ball so fast when it's so close. :lol:

Lotti then turns the talk to the fact that while there are some people who recognize Rena, no one seems to cry at being able to meet her (even though she herself cries easily :^^;: ). They meet two grade schoolers who recognize Rena and even watch NF, but don't cry. Then they meet another woman who knows NGT48... but can't pick out the Tainai girl. But she does know Nakaoka (she's a fan of Lotti)...

They finally make it to Masaya... and the women there tell Rena that her grandmother comes down to help advertise for her granddaughter when she gets her baked goods there -- she even came down earlier that day, saying to root for 'NTT'. :lol: Rena shows everyone her favorite snack -- batakuriimupan. Even Lotti says it's the most soft and fluffy bread they've ever tasted. Ayakani sneaks another piece, of course caught by Kokado. And then Tsugumin, covering her mouth while laughing, gets two dots of butter creme on her face. Then covering her mouth again, gets two more. :lol:

They find out the owner's son is a famous K-1 kickboxer -- and talk gets around to Rena punching Nakaoka in the back with a kickboxing glove on. After that they amble down the street to be met by the same lady who didn't recognize Rena, and her friend, who gifts Lotti with some special mochi, as fans. They then stop in front of a ramen restaurant, to puzzle at the wording of a dish. Rena says it's a famous Tainai dish -- which of course Lotti wonder why she didn't think of that at the start of the show. :^^;: Turns out they know her mother there... and Tsugumin again tennens her way into TV fame, when she says off-camera that she can't sit in a certain spot, as there's a beer tap in the wall. It's actually a gas port for tabletop yakiniku. :lol:

The meal is good, when Lotti wonders if Rena can call her mother. She doesn't answer as it's too early for lunch yet. So Ayakani calls hers -- and tells her it's a 'call-your-parents' competition. :^^;: Ayakani's mom does acknowledge that she eats a lot, but is proud of taking the initiative to go for her path in life. When Ayakani say's she's about to eat at the mo... her mother says to eat what's left after everyone else's eaten. [hehe]

They head outside where a bunch of people are standing, and find an NGT fan whose oshi is Ayutaro... despite the Tainai hometown rep standing right there. When asked again by Rena, he says she's her fave now. :^^;: Another girl who supports Rena is emotional at being able to meet Rena... but doesn't cry. :lol:

A nice, pleasant EP, with just the right amount of tsukkomi by Kokado, boke by Nakaoka, and plenty of laughs, interest and characters sprinkled throughout, to keep things light and moving. The archetypical Niigata Furendo! EP. :approve:

14. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Not enough amounts of Ayakani in this episode, but the telephone call to her mother near the end was a nice touch. I hope one day we'll get to see her in person because, also considering how young she is said to be, I bet she is some bimajo type like Tsugu-mama.
    Speaking of Tsugumin, her parts in this episode were also few but she was adorable in all of them. Like how in the bakery she got some crumbs of butter bread stuck on her cheeks, and when she tried to wipe them off she only managed to stick even more. Also, according to Kokado, when they visited the restaurant she tought that the faucet on the wall was the tap of a beer dispenser that the customers sitting at the table could use to serve themselves. Too bad that the camera wasn't recording when she said it.
    Blissful innocence. (ˊᵕˋ )

Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
  15. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

16. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

^ An average NF EP... but with some good highlights...

Kokado reminds Renapon that no one's cried upon meeting her yet... which kinda set the tone IMO. Katomina is also on board, where she promptly remembers visiting Tainai as a child... but not where she went. Gatanee appears in this one, who I'd been wanting back on NF since her EP way back with Yurian when she had to drink the sulphurous spring water*. :^^;: A few of the fun moments were with her -- the gorilla face at the yurukyara store where Nakaoka teased her, my fave. Renapon has this unique high-pitched squeak when she fangirls over something -- which was apparent when she meets Yaranyan in person -- and then is so excited she forgets where the cameraman is -- again:lol:

A petting zoo with llamas causes Katomina to recoil -- she hates animals (it's explained that this is the only zoo in all of Niigata-ken, thus many Niigata kids not being used to being around animals, esp large ones -- makes sense when you consider Naachan's hair-trigger reactions). Renapon loves them and goes right away to them (it's a tomboyish aspect that I like in her)... but my Gorinee and Katomina channel Naanchan's worst cooties, even having trouble feeding them out of hand. :^^;: (You'll remember I praised Naachan in her EPs for slowly but surely getting over her spazziness... and Katomina would too later, just not as dramatically.)

A visit to a small clearing in the park was fun -- and we got to see Renapon's obvious comfort on a baseball diamond, which was cool. Until of course, she has to throw with any accuracy, under pressure :^^;: Still, fun and we get to see the three hustle in costume.

Last was a special fishing pond, where our trio would catch trout to be cooked for them. Katomina suddenly remembers this was a place her mother took her when visiting. All of them catch a fish... Gatanee plops hers, hook still in, into her bucket. :^^;: Not knowing how to dehook, Nakaoka assists -- and finds it swallowed the hook, so she couldn't dehook it anyway. Rena's falls off her hook right onto the ground, and Katomina's lands near the water.... to get over her cooties she's asked to sing while trying to get it in the bucket, which was funny. But she does do it, despite probably causing her trauma. Cooking is a bit slow -- 35 mins next to a hot ember fire! Lotti approves of the BBQ'd trout... but only Gorinee remembers her 'umamma-Marina', but blurts it out too fast. :^^;: Talk gets to Rena's inability to cause tears in her fans... which brings her to tears of frustration and embarrassment, aww. Nakaoka breaks the mood by faking crying into a sneeze, which Kokado calls 'Showa comedy'. :lol: Gorinee 'apes' this, and adds Nakaoka's Showa joke after-kamae into it -- which was hilarious.

Kind of a weirdly uneven NF... but still light and funny. I think next week's EP with our two ponkotsus, Okappa & Rittan with Hinatan (yaaay!) will have more laughs, esp Kokado's tsukkomi, look forward to it!

* Gatanee's appeal to me is in the way the show treats her as an adult -- staff confronts her with challenges she obviously doesn't like, but she does them regardless (almost old-school, in a way). Those who're still 10-dai maybe they can get away with... but it's an irk that still bothers me -- as a 19-yo you're still considered 10-dai in Japan... but a 18-yo person can work in shakai -- and that world isn't very tolerant of employees who refuse to do as they're told.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  17. Surabaya

Surabaya Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mukaichimion
    This is a wonderful episode... Is a wonderful show, I love it. :chuffed:
    The "roke" programs are very interesting. :)

18. Arinko

Arinko Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
    I have been rewatching many of the eps while on the way to work and back. Even the ones I considered a bit on the boring side can sometimes reveal hidden gems. I am interested to see how the girls interact in different situations. 1st and foremost, the show is to introduce the places the team vists which I have no complaints about. Example this episode, having seen Rena's personality at At-Jam after show talk, I am not surprised that she is kinda unknown in her hometown.

19. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    The baseball girl is getting rusty on her throwing skills eh

20. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu