1. Kodama Haruka (Haruppi) 21th Birthday Fan Project: Click here for details and make sure to participate! The deadline to send in your submissions is August 31st!

TV / Radio NGT48 no Niigata Furendo! (17/01/16)

Discussion in 'NGT48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Maria Lamezon

Maria Lamezon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Kato Minami
    Twitter:
    katokappa
    Katomina saying that she can only drink if her mom and dad say its ok......... WHAT A PRECIOUS CHILD <3 I want her to be my daughter lol <3 And ogiyuka's dad is so sweet, thanking the fans!!! And i really laughed when he sayed tsugutsugu XD
    And yeah! From all the cities they went to, i think it was the where they were less recognized! Hope they get more popular there from now on!

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
  2. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    Great EP this week! #39 (have there really been 39 of these? Waow :omg:)
    http://48videodouga.net/video/5588

We start with the gang walking along the 'shotengai', where Katomina finds a 'beehive'. Turns out it's a sugidama, a kind of bird's nest in cedar trees, hung outside the corner of a business. Katomina stops a man on a forklift and he tells them it starts out green, then as it ages and browns that lets the owner of the wine cellar know the new liquor is ready... the smoothness and familiarity of this oniisan with the sugidama impresses our gang -- it is his business, after all. Just then though... Katomina bursts out 'you look so much like my dad!" -- and the three members all go nuts over this, as he apparently does! :^^;:

The five press on... and hunger begins to gnaw at Nakaoka. Kokado finds a sign in the distance that reads 'dorayaki' -- the members rejoice! He reads it's a triangular dorayaki -- and Rika chimes in with a clap 'I know that one...'. Ogi asks 'it's not round, but triangular?' and Rika replies 'Probably'. :^^;: They get up to the door ready to tear into some probably-triangular dorayaki... and find it's closed -- their day off! The members loudly call out to see if anyone is home, and Kokado tsukkomis and they head out to find another spot...

Rika, then Ogi sees a symbol for ice cream outside an open business, and the girls run over -- poking their heads in to ask about TV permission, Kokado scolds their boldness. Turns out this place specializes in shiroebi, deep-fried and otherwise... Ogi, with her lightning metabolism, demands a menu... but to start Nakaoka sees 'Toyama black cider', which isn't familiar... he decides to buy a round to try out. Rika has a sullen look about it, and explains that one of Toyama's ramen specialties is a 'black ramen', which uses shoyu to get that color, so she feels it is probably shoyu-flavored. Ogi is jazzed about trying, her teammates not so much. Katomina esp, won't even drink carbonated drinks, due to her belief that it dissolves teeth :^^;: She's offered a taste anyway, and refuses unless she gets permission from her parents. Nakaoka teases 'you're a little old to be asking your parents for permission (yup, 18)...'. :lol: Ogi loves it (atta girl, luv her) and Rika predictably folds. Nakaoka challenges Katomina that if he wins 3 rounds of janken, she has to drink it. He loses on the first try. :lol: Their shiroebi dishes arrive, and Ogi of course raves, as does Rika... but Katomina pauses and reflects a while... saying 'ah... that's how it is'. When asked what she meant, she says 'individual shiroebi don't exist apart from the group, so the taste of each individual to the collective, elevates the dish as a whole. Idols are the same, as in each individual's effort to the group, raises the group. She's praised for this insight, saying she wants to be this idol... though I have to wonder -- why then didn't she just drink the black cider, to take one for the team? Why'd she get selfish there, then? :lol:

Kokado again (yay!) brings up the phoning-a-parent corner of this awesome EP :1st:. It's Rika's turn since it's Toyama. Is her mom at home? Yes, she says, obviously a bit embarrassed at having to call her on TV. She calls, it rings... she thinks she might be sleeping, to which Kokado tsukkomi's 'she can't be sleeping at this hour'... and yet, no one picks up. Next is Ogi... and she squirms. He's working now, right? No, he has a lot of free time. How does she know? Because whenever she calls, he picks up in one ring. And indeed, he does! :^^;: Ogi mentions she's calling during the taping, and Kokado greets and pleasantries are exchanged. Wasn't the sousenkyou result really something? He thanks everyone for all they've done to help. Ogi then chimes in 'you're a bit muted, aren't you?' :lol: He says no, he was trying to eat and wants to preserve the peace and quiet :lol: They ask why his daughter claims he has a lot of free time, and why he picks up on the first ring? I have a cell and no friends, Papa Ogi replies :^^;::lol:

What was she like as a kid? She hasn't changed a bit, says Papa, was always trying hard in everything, just like now. Anything he wants from his daughter for the future? Just to continue just like this, he says. Is there anything bad you want to share about Ogi? Papa says as a man with only one daughter, it's not right for me to dwell on her faults. :cute: Who's his favorite member in NGT? Without a pause, he replies 'Tsugu-Tsugu' (Oguma Tsugumi) :lol: To close, Kokado leads with 'Niigata...' and Papa Ogi returns 'Furendooo' :1st:

We're in a park called Chuushinbu Kansuikoen (中心部環水公園) 'city center ringwater public park'. They find a group of foreign students, and try to appeal. Heard of AKB48? Most of them cheer. NGT48? One cheer :^^;: Rika tries to have them chant 'NGT... NGT...' and Kokado says to stop making them say it like 'USA' :lol: The last spot is a pair of towers there called Tenmonkyou (天門橋) with a 58m string phone between them. Lotti ask a woman to ask who it is on the other side. Rika shouts 'NGT48's Nakai Rika'. The woman says 'Asai Rika...?' :^^;: The woman says to 'Try your best!', to the excitement of the three girls. Nakaoka sends over 'Tell me a Nakai Rika secret she wouldn't tell anyone'. 'After a performance, asking someone to tell her if her feet stink' :lol: 'Of all the members, who has the filthiest purse of them all?' 'Katomina' :lol: 'Who of the members is the most airheaded?' 'Sugahara Riko' Now it's Kokado's turn to share... 'I use hair dye'. :^^;: Rika shouts across the span 'Is that right?' :lol:

Lastly, they actually hit a real, arcade-style shoutengai... and meet with two girls walking by. Rika asks if they know NGT48? No... Kokado asks if they're from Toyama, yes. How old are you? 14... (they look at least two years older). So in an attempt to appeal, Kokado asks Ogi if she has any special talents. So Ogi gives them her catchphrase... which, doesn't land very well. :^^;: So they're asked where they think Ogi ranked in the past SSK. They reply '20th'. Ogi, swelling with pride, says '5th'... which also doesn't land well. :lol:

So the gang heads down a side row where Ogi says a lot of people are gathered. Some boys are seated, and are asked who they think are the Niigata members, and who is the Toyama member... which of course, they get 100% wrong. :lol: So Kokado has Ogi shout out her pre-HS greeting for fans in the middle of the side row... and one guy in front of them recognizes NGT (thank dog :^^;:). He's even a Rika oshi! Kokado has the girls decide what to do to fulfill the man's wish that NGT perform a live in Toyama... so they do a little live for him. Just then, a voice behind them asks for the girls to do their live on some tiles -- slippery eco ice rink tiles. :^^;: They do a refrain for Seishun Dokei, to the enjoyment of the shoutengai... and they end. :blush: What a great EP! :1st:

It looks like next week's EP will be even more wild! Can't wait...

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Arinko

Arinko Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nakamura Ayuka
    At the end of the show, did Rika say she wanted to go back home to Niigata (clips of next week's episode)? She looked a bit dejected.

4. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    ^ I know... at first it was a bit of schadenfreude to see someone so confident of adulation get a dose of reality... but after seeing that, I think it hit home that she's more popular in Niigata and in other big populated areas through her SRs, than her own hometown...

I can sort of understand that, though. People who are willing to find fortune somewhere other than their little corner of the universe, usually aren't those who stay and put down roots in their own communities. So it's not at all surprising in that sense, that she's known more outside her hometown. Maybe Toyama young people just don't get into idols like in the big cities... besides, Moeka & Anju got their recognition in pretty big towns, in their own prefecture. So it's not fair to judge apples to oranges... but that's how she's taking it, at the end of the preview. :(:^^;:

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
  5. Arinko

Arinko Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nakamura Ayuka
    I wonder how NGT48 no Niigata Friend viewership is like in Toyama. Hopefully the show will be watched by the same people who saw them during the recording but didn't know them. Hopefully they will come to appreciate their home town girl who is trying her best at her job.

6. Humbucker

Humbucker Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Sashihara Rino
    I think the main point is that NGT is quite popular within Niigata due to heavy publicity and even with the government involved, but must be pretty unknown outside the prefecture to general public. Like in a previous episode when the members met some boys from Nagano (*guilty*) and asked them if they knew NGT, they said: "Well, people there know they exist, but ... (no one cares)". Rikachan aside (even being in her hometown), if the young people in this episode didn't even know Ogiyuka after all exposure on TV, it only shows that they're not interested in AKBG at all. But like she said, there's room for them to grow. :)

7. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Watanabe Mayu
    Twitter:
    TheForestFuller
    • Like Like x 1