1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

TV / Radio NGT48 no Niigatta Furendo! (2017/01/16 - 2019/03/25)

Discussion in 'NGT48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Dec 8, 2016.

1. enc0re

enc0re Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    encore_AC_
    LMAO Nakaoka, he seems to join the show eventually after casually shopping fruits in the local market. He is the "my pace" kind of guy I guess?

We might have found the mysterious NGT powervoting billionaire with the sports-shop franchise owner :hehe: He and his sister were really kind. Niigata Friends is making me love Niigata and its people despite never heard of this place just a while ago.

The last bit with the backstage footage during the NGT solo concert in the TDC hall was also very interesting. Really cool of Kokado to visit them there and the girls seemed to be positively surprised too.

About episode 53

TIL kite building is some serious business. Can't believe the kite they build in episode 16 has not been forgotten and passed through another master of its craft to finally take off. What a great storyline!

Oooooooh that buuuurn, poor Katomina haha

I wonder when they call Tsugu's parents, I really want to know what kind of magic they used to raise her. She is perfect.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
  2. Arinko

Arinko Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
    I prefer niigata frendo to bingo or heavily scripted shows. I like the spontaneous nature of the show.

3. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

^ The yolo nature of NF! is my biggest draw to it -- can't wait each week to see what their rokes and member combos come up with... Lotti of course knowing how to steer each laugh and each member like surgeons, it's frankly amazing how consistently they do it, week after week.

4. enc0re

Twitter:
    encore_AC_
    We just need both :)

While NF is great and awesome, a classic variety show would be easier to sell to a wide public I think.

5. Arinko

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
    i watched team 8's roke show but it didn't have the relax feel of NF and the feel of freedom and the unexpected.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
  6. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

I like (or liked :cry:) ARR too, but yes it's a completely different kind of show than NF!...

Both shows prove, a great balance between the girls and hosts + adventure, is TV gold. Top Lead feels a lot less spontaneous in ARR but they're super-likable (if a little corny at times) and there's enough variety talent in Eitos to make for good TV. It's no doubt is more scripted... but the problem is it feels more scripted... which is why I *really* liked the Fukushima ARR where they seemed to rush frantically from location to location and had great unscripted moments from locals-- because it used the exact formula NF! uses every week -- take viewers on a little journey/adventure...

Given a choice though, I have to go with NF!. Every EP is like you're walking ahead of them looking back, as with a group of friends... that laid-back feel. There's some scripted stuff of course (Katomina's running off wanting soft serve for example which was weird), but it's like the staff lets them ad hoc first, then refines it to make it smoother or funnier. But mostly it's just going for it (and Lotti turning awkward situations with locals into comedy). Every week I wish it was longer <3

• Like Like x 1
  7. Arinko

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
    You have no idea how many times I rewatch the episodes,and each time I find out more about the members.

Like in the latest episode, nakaoka was speechless when the girls brought out the money envelopes, making him fulfill his 'promise'. He shot himself in the foot.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  8. enc0re

Twitter:
    encore_AC_
    180205 NGT48のにいがったフレンド! #55 2018年2月5日

starts with the same line-up as last week: Anju, Kado Yuria, Takahashi Mau

later substituted by: Kusakabe Aina, Murakumo Fuka, Seiji Reina

if the video does not show watch the video here

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
  9. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

^ Can tell Lotti is starting to test Anju's 'variety-centric' personality by tsukkomi-ing her more. Not in a harsh way, but as if they know she can read the rhythm. I loved how she held off eating the udon, because she knew Lotti would riff on her 'umamma-mia' neta. Anju's got a nice career in enta as a talent waiting for her once her NGT days are over... :D

It was a pretty Kado-centered EP, though. The tension between her and MauMau is hilarious... but when the focus was on her, Lotti and the other girls had to fill in some of the spaces... hopefully we can tease out more of her personality in future NF!s...

The Ainya/Mofu/Reiji half was more physical comedy than digging into the girl's personalities... but I loved the Reiji train corner! That was an impressive ad hoc performance, big step up for her in my book. Which sort of deflated when she biffed some easy shots in the soft tennis match. :^^;: 4 v 1, and they lost, Nakaoka missing some easy ones! :lol:

Keep chugging out the weekly can't-miss, reliable laughs & feel-good, NF!... <3

• Like Like x 1
  10. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Nakaoka is just incorregible with his obsession for Gatanee. In the previous episode Anju already exposed how he would put Likes on the gravure photos that Gatanee posts on her Instagram, but he still wouldn't stop checking them again during the "Instagram check" corner of this episode. :p
    And then Anju's dig at it, of course, "I see nothing but a hidden intention in these Likes".

Special props to Seiji for her comedic ad-lib during the acting part for that "romantic" train farewell scene. More specifically, when she was about to lean out of the wagon's window and she pretended that her face was pressing against an imaginary glass, and then she decided to combine everything with her good old "pushing your face through an imaginary plastic wrap film" gag. Well thought. :D

That elderly team of tennis players proved a pretty tough adversary, didn't they. I know that there was a penalty involved and the loser team would have had to do a little dance, but something tells me they would have won even if nothing was at stake.
    Even after letting the Niigatta Friend team have a rematch against only one opponent, with 5 points of advantage (out of the 7 needed to win) right from the start (and, well... with the addition of Nakaoka...) they still got beaten with ease. :^^;:
    Also, gotta love when the NF team got in a circle before the match to encourage themselves, and the opponents immediately responded by also getting in a circle and going "Old hag team, ganbarou!". They also had a sense of humor on top of that.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  11. antares

antares Kenkyuusei

On Max Toki 315 from Akihabara to Niigata
    Oshimen:
    sugaharariko
  12. ogiyukaa

ogiyukaa Kenkyuusei

13. enc0re

Twitter:
    encore_AC_
    180213 NGT48 のにいがったフレンド! no Niigatta Friend ep56

Continued from last week: Kusakabe Aina, Murakumo Fuka, Seiji Reina

if the video does not show watch the video here

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  14. Arinko

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
    One thing about doing NNF compared to a scripted studio production, is the girls are free to express themselves and to improvise on the fly. The NGT48 girls are now so comfortable to being in front of the camera. They are also good sports, taking on challenges thrown at them and doing impromptu PR videos for NGT48's Niigata Friend.

15. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

Reiji's so funny this EP! [hehe]:approve:

Her Oujishi chara is one weapon... her funny faces when eating stuff (Mofu feeding her something, Sado Island hot burger, and now Baka Pan) is another... and her hankouki with her mom on the phone is yet another -- she's racking up variety tools for later NF! EPs...

Mofu showed off yet another of her talents... and Ainya's finally on NF! again! Her ability this EP to give Lotti fuel for tsukkomi was surprising! Also think this EP had one of the funniest gags in the whole series (IG + roke ossan) :lol:

In all, yet another one hit out of the park for NF!...

• Like Like x 1
  16. VincentS

VincentS Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shitaomiu
    Watching this I kinda like Mofu! Once she figueres out her styling/make up I think she could get some modelling gigs.

• Like Like x 1
  17. enc0re

Twitter:
    encore_AC_
    I am particularly interested what they talked about with Reinya's mom this episode. The reactions were interesting.

18. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

^ Mostly about Reina's embarrassment when her mom discusses things about her (not being able to read the air :lol:)... but she mentions her surprise when Reina decided on her own to become an idol (first of course, with Baito AKB)... then continue with idoling after that gig was finished. It's funny how Reina pulls the phone from Kokado to try to stop her mom from saying more embarrassing stuff... and her mom keeps doing it anyway, 'cuz it's the truth :XD:

• Like Like x 1
  19. enc0re

Twitter:
    encore_AC_
    Thanks! :worthy:

I have the feeling that mama got a scolding after they shot this episode. :lol::lol::lol:

20. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    When in the previous episode Ainya said that the episode they were recording would be aired right on her birthday, and Lotti replied they should buy her a present, I thought for a moment that the discussion would have just been over with it.
    I'm suprised that, instead, they actually followed up on their promise in the next part and went to find one at a table ornament/curiosities shop of all places. After much searching around and coming across only expensive items with a 4-figure pricetag, Nakaoka eventually noticed an inexpensive Buddha figurine in the middle and it's nice how he decided to buy it paying out of his own pocket.
    Well, at least Ainya seemed to have appreciated it since she told she likes all kinds of ornaments, be it statues or plushies, and said she wants to place it next to the TV because looking at it makes her feel at ease. (*´∀`)

Also, what to say about the improv quiz at the bakery?
    In a nutshell, at first they just decided to go there because they were informed at the town's helpdesk that there's a bakery around that sells some good bread made from milk. But once they reached the place and looked around inside, they found out that they also sell something called "Brain Bread" -- so called because, according to the staff's explanation, it has pieces of dried raisins inside and their nutrients help stimulate brain activities. So, hearing that they decide on a whim to throw a culture test to see who's the dumbest of the three, with the loser getting to eat the Brain Bread while everyone enjoys their milk bread as scheduled. What's funny is that Kokado even auto-tsukkomi'ed himself immediately after saying that, realizing how the Brain Bread is supposed to be a recommended product of the shop, but they are making it look like some kind of batsu-game item this way instead. (´∀`;)
    Anyway, the first question is about proverbs and everyone manages to complete it with success ("Fortune comes in to a merry gate", the saying goes).
    Then they raise the bar a little, and they have the girls write the place name of Tsubame-Sanjou. But it just so happens that Seiji can't get the first kanji right no matter how hard she tries. This results in one funny sequence where Kokado has to repeatedly feed her more and more Brain Bread (ostensibly to get her smart) with every failed attempt. And the situation gets eventually so hopeless they just decide to refer to it as the Baka Bread while at it. (´∀`;)
    Amusingly, the Brain Bread seems to almost turn into some kind of recurring comedic element, for the remainder of the episode. Kokado even had to whip out the whole damn loaf one more time later at the toy shop, when Seiji is about to play Simon, just to make sure she would be smart enough to handle the game. (´∀`;)

I must say, this is what I love the most about the show: these genius impromptu moments where they take whatever they have at hand as use it as a variety device, and I appreciate it even more when I think that by Lotti's own admission this two-part chapter of Niigatta Friend started off with no particular plan in mind (except for them strolling around).

Complementing what @stormy said, I tried to translate the whole dialogue:
    Kokado: "Hello, is it the Oujishi parent?"
    Mom: "Yes"
    Kokado: "Right now, we are on an on-location filming, and we are having a talk with Reinya ... On the LINE group of her family ... She said that she ignores the incoming messages after reading them ..." (my note: Kokado decided to call Seiji mama as a sort of punishment to inform her on this, after he heard Reina spill that out just before while at the table)
    Mom: "Ah, it's true. She does that to me often."
    Kokado: "See. I though, isn't it bad? Don't you get filled with worries?"
    Mom: "I'm full of anxiety for it."
    Nakaoka: "What makes you worry the most?"
    Mom: "Well, when she is alone at home, I wonder if something scary would happen."
    Reinya: "Don't say such ordinary things." [Caption: Mad Dog]
    Kokado: "It's alright even if it's ordinary things. What's wrong with that?"
    Reinya: "It's because there's the risk that they aren't going to be utilized (in the final cut of the episode)" [Caption: Pressing on her mother]

Kokado: "When Reina said she wanted to be an idol, what did you think of it?"
    Mom: "I was really surprised, I thought «Really?» ... At the very beginning, she said that «I want to try earning money on my own» and so she started. That's why." [Caption: Unexpected Motive]
    Kokado: "She told «I want to earn myself a living» before saying «I want to become an idol»?"
    Mom: "That's right. She started because she couldn't earn money as a middle schooler..."
    Reinya: "This is a story about Baito AKB. Normally middle school students can't work part time jobs. But with Baito AKB even middle schoolers are allowed in and I started Baito..."
    Mom: "Actually, it was after she ended [Baito AKB] and decided to resume again, saying «I want to continue being an idol», that I was surprised."
    Kokado: "When you see her doing activities as an actual idol, how is it?"

Mom: "No matter when I look at her, she looks as if she's about to cry." [Caption: The mom's true feelings] "I always follow her every move with my eyes."

Kokado: "With that said, is there anything where you think «Maybe it'd be better if she was more this way»? While you watch Niigatta Friend..."
    Mom: "Maybe she should start understanding the mood of the situation a bit better~"
    Reinya: "Why!?"
    Mofu: "She's getting mad."
    Reinya: "I don't want my mom to say this thing to me." [Caption: Full-on Rebellious Phase] "It's mom's fault that I'm unable to understand the mood of the situation."
    Kokado: "Hold on a second, I'll hand over the call. She seems to be angry."
    Reinya: "About the fact I can't understand the mood of the situation, it's actually something you passed down to me genetically."
    Mom: "I know I can't understand the mood, but you can't be like this for more than another 1 or 2 years." [Caption: Hitting a sore spot]
    Kokado: "Another 1 or 2 years..."
    Nakaoka: "Your mother is better at this."
    Kokado: "You got a harsh expression on your face." [Caption: Forgetting she is an idol]

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
    • Like Like x 3