1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

TV / Radio NGT48 no Niigatta Furendo! (2017/01/16 - 2019/03/25)

Discussion in 'NGT48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Arinko

Arinko Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
    This is an enjoyable episode.

2. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Once again, I get the confirmation that Rittan is too pure and innocent to exist in this world. And I still wonder where she got her fascination for zebra stripes, huh... (´ω`*)
    Also:
    - That one interaction between Nakaoka and the bakery lady really had me smiling. After getting the praline cake and noticing there weren't enough slices for everyone, he makes the members play a game to see who could come up with the best promotional line. Meanwhile, the lady tries to tell him that they can just have another slice if they want, but he keeps turning down her offer because "we are having a battle right now".
    - The encounter with the ojiisan while on the street was just plain surreal, instead. For some reason he was under the impression that Ayanyan was a native of the town, but rather than telling him the truth straight away, they let him talk away about her for a good minute before informing him that it's actually Hinatan that comes from Murakami. Cue him recoiling from the shock and apologizing in the most comedic way possible. What makes it even more hilarious is that, just a moment before, Hinatan asked Kokado about what was his impression of the town residents, and he replied that they are all "Hinatan is one of us".
    - This episode's telephone call (is it turning into some kind of staple?) was with Hinatan's dad, who revealed that he records all TV appearances of her, then takes all the parts where the focus is on her and turns them into a big video compilation. Also, Kokado: "What members are your favorite", Chichiue: "Of course, I liked captain (Kitahara) since before", Kokado: "What do you mean by of course, dad". Chichiue: "When the salted fished is ready, let Kitarie pay a visit to our house", Kokado: "If you don't do it fast enough, she'll have graduated by then".
    - On the other hand, Homma's mother is a huge Rittan oshi and even knows about "Bikkuriko", the Ine Beam and probably all other quirky creations of Rittan's mind.
    - I hope that the "ballet" Hinatan will do on next week's episode won't count as fulfilling her Sousenkyo pledge, because otherwise it would be a real letdown... (’・ω・`)

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
  3. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

A good EP, with some things about the hosts I hadn't realized...

We begin with our new trio -- Hinatan, Rittan, and Moeka. We intro Hinatan with her 13th SSK rank, and her music show appearances as a result, including meeting Tamori-san. She seems not so phased about meeting arguably one of the biggest names in enta, though Nakaoka's experience was a bit... different. Next is Okappa with her 25th, and her my-pace-isms segueway into Rittan, whom Kokado wasn't thrilled about her and her tennen-mate Moeka being picked to appear together. :lol: He mentioned Rittan's tendency to call everything cute, and she points out Nakaoka's striped shirt... which tbh, is a nice shirt design IMO. :^^;: Lotti finds that Hinatan's quite confident in her knowledge of her hometown of Murakami, as she's ridden it extensively by bicycle since childhood.

The topic goes to Moeka's reception in Joetsu, and can they expect such in Murakami for Hinatan... which she's not sure about... it actually bothered before filming. She has a request though -- she promised that if she made 80th in SSK, that she'd perform a ballet routine -- could she do it somewhere in the program? She's told if she does a good job, it'll happen at the end of the Murakami roke...

Hinatan guides our bunch to the main street, which is their shotengai row. Kokado notices an antique look to some of the buildings, to which Hinatan points and says Matsuo Basho (1644 - 1694) visited there. Of course, Moeka says 'Matsuo Basho, who's that' out loud, so Kokado asks her who she thinks he is. She says a historical figure... someone who drinks tea. Hinatan says 'wrong', so Moeka decides 'someone who draws pictures'. 'Wrong'. So Nakaoka asks Rittan who Matsuo was... and she claps her hands, and decides 'someone who takes boats out'. :^^;: When asked why, she explains his name sounds like a commercial fisherman... to which Kokado scolds 'I've never heard Matsuo Basho described as a pole fisherman'. It's found later she must've confused Matsuo Basho for Matsukata Hiroshi, a popular sport fisherman. :lol:

They come across Toraya bakery, which Hinatan points out is a famous Murakami institution; their wares purchased and sold in the local schools and convenience stores. Nakaoka says baked goods are great for breakfast, so the gang heads in. We find the proprietor is happy such cute faces appear... and when asked if she knows Hinatan, being an idol everyone recognizes her (I would hope so -- going from kengai to 13th is unprecedented and historic). Kokado asks about what she recommends, and she points out their #1 sell, a cube-shaped praline cake. Only 20 are made per day according to the sign, to which Kokado teases isn't that special. :^^;: But it can only be cut into 4ths -- the proprietor tries to offer another slice, but Nakaoka says he's trying to intentionally make the girls compete.

They have to write slogans for the praline cake to attract customers... Hinatan writes "Comedy duo Lotti said repeatedly 'Delicious! If it were our last meal on earth, we'd have Toraya's praline cake'... or something like that". :^^;: Kokado laughs and says this sounds like a selling technique. Rittan steps up with "Help yourself to a big cute bread!"... which isn't what's written on her placard. Kokado guesses she must've wanted to write more but ran out of time. Nakaoka says Rittan doesn't really think things thru past mentioning things are cute. Last is our tennen, ponkotsu princess Moeka, who can't even read her placard due to how messy it's written (remember, she was the one to finish first). "The praline cake has a [no idea] sort of taste to it. The stars shine sparkly!" :lol: Of course, Hinatan wins, with Moeka 2nd(!!!). The proprietor points out why: Rittan had written the praline cake was bread. :^^;: Poor Rittan apologizes profusely to the proprietor, aww. Everyone but Rittan tucks into the cake. Moeka offers Rittan half of her's -- which she's grateful for -- and which Kokado vetoes. He asks her to decide for herself, having lost a challenge in front of cameras, if she wants to have that cake. She gives it back. :XD:

They're outside to the next spot. Hinatan asks Lotti what they think of Murakami and its people so far. Kokado says that his impression is that they consider Hinatan 'our Hinatan', rather than a loud, showy display of affection. They meet an ojisan on the sidewalk, who mentions his and other's affection for NGT48, including Miyajima-chan -- who of course isn't with them. He goes on for a few minutes about Ayanyan... when Lotti asks Hinatan to introduce herself as the Murakami child. :lol: Big faux pas, ojisan! :^^;: After he leaves, Kokado asks, have you seen such a huge faux pas? Hinatan answers, not to my face... :lol:

They get to a shop with a big '
    shake' (salmon) character on the noren -- it's a famous landmark, says Hinatan -- where they salt and dry salmon. Of course knowing Moeka's hatred of fish and fishiness... Lotti asks if she's ready to perform her idol duties in there. She says it stinks but she will. Kokado mentions she shouldn't show her true feelings in there, as it's disrespectful. They get to where the fish are hanging... and Kokado notices max fishiness, looking back to Moeka... who when hit with the smell, squeaks and backs into the cameraman. :^^;: As they go further under the hanging salmon... Kokado asks again how she is... Moeka replies 'my legs are wobbly'. :^^;: Hinatan says that the salmon here are all 4-yo salmon -- born in local rivers, then returning four years later to be caught and prepared like this. All you see hanging are only salmon that return to the Miomote River running thru Murakami. Nakaoka is shocked at such a competent explanation. They all get a taste... and we see Moeka struggling. [hehe] When asked of the flavor, she replies "It's salt!" :^^;: When Lotti decides to buy some salmon... the proprietor thanks him... and Rittan thanks her back. Kokado notices and immediately teases her about it (tbh, if this were the US, she'd just be thanking the proprietor for letting them look around and for samples... but apparently you don't reply to 'arigato gozaimasu' as a customer, with 'arigato gozaimasu', faux pas). Nakaoka tsukkomi's Kokado for bullying Rittan. The proprietor offers that she said something nice, which then settles everything. :blush:

Lotti are asking Hinatan about what she said about Murakami during her SSK speech... when the camera picks up Moeka breaking up in back. Hinatan asks what's so funny... and she points out the storefront across the street says 'Pelican Cleaning'... but the logo isn't a pelican. :lol: They get to a tea shop -- which Hinatan teaches Murakami is known for being the farthest-north tea-raising area in all of Japan. They walk in and the workers all fondly know Hinatan from childhood. :blush: Kokado asks what sort of tea dishes they sell, and the proprietor says a wagashi (sweets) matcha tea set, a sencha set, and a matcha shake. Of course Moeka and Rittan want the shake... as well as Nakaoka. Kokado teases him for getting a matcha shake at a fancy tea shop. :^^;: Hinatan and Kokado get the wagashi matcha set. They all tuck in... and as everyone is finishing their first taste, Rittan says 'gochisousama deshita' -- she's finished. When grilled about this, she says 'I couldn't hold back'. :lol: Kokado teases 'she speaks so slowly, I thought she'd drink slowly too'...

Kokado and Hinatan get to the sweet... and Rittan asks what the design is. He says it's supposed to be pampas grass, a common wagashi design. She looks at the half-chopped sweet and says it's cute. How's it cute, Kokado asks. She says she like rice plants (ine) and the gang mentions she has a gag including them -- ine-beam. It's a flop at first... so Lotti gets everyone to cheer in time. She says 'how dreamy'. :lol:

Hinatan says her parents and grandparents used to take her here as a kid. Kokado asks where her grandpa is now. In Sado, she says. They decide to call him. She says she's at the teahouse with Lotti. Kokado introduces himself, and her grandpa asks if this is Nakaoka. :lol: He asks what Hinatan was like as a child. She loved to dance, and was a headstrong kid. Never lets things get her down. She also dove into researching her hometown businesses, to get a jump on questions for the show. Asked who his favorite member is, Grandpa says 'Of course, Captain Kitarie'. Kokado says he has no idea why Kitarie would be assumed. :lol: Apparently he invited her to his house after the salmon return. To end, he says 'that's all from Sado'. :lol:

They exit and bump into... Hinatan's mom and little sister! Asked what she thought of Hinatan, apparently they had big fights about her entering NGT -- including threatening to disown her. What does she think of her now? 'Very grateful, to the point of tears' says mom, to which Hinatan blasts back 'no tears coming out'. :lol: It turns out that Hinamom is a Rittan fan -- and knows her ine-beam gag! :lol:

Thoughts:

• Hinatan, like many 48G idols, isn't known to me in any way other than her media appearances. So her carriage during this EP was surprising to me.
      During her SRs (which is 90% how I know her)... she's nothing like this. Which to me is funny, as her SR persona is in line with her birth sign (Rabbit), but her NF persona, and most likely her real, actual persona... are the animal sign her late-season birth is turning into -- the Dragon (people born in September begin to assme traits of the following year's sign). Dragons are headstrong, with leadership instincts, esp the female ones. The super-Yin Rabbit is bounded on both sides by two of the most Yang signs in the 12 -- the Tiger, and the Dragon... so it's a fortunate year to be born in. Ogiyuka is a Tiger Rabbit -- also born Year of the Rabbit... but very early in the year, maintaining vestiges of the fearless Tiger year that came before -- QED. Hinatan's dichotomy, this toughness yet kindness, elevates my respect for her tons. :approve:

• My guess is this trio was selected to set Hinatan against these specific two members... as they're as opposite to Hinatan's competent, confident side, as can be. :^^;: If you need ponkotsu... Rittan and Moeka top your list. :lol: So perhaps staff wanted to see how Hinatan'd handle things -- which she did I feel, exactly as they intended: she held the show together as a straight man, with Lotti. If you think about the NF EPs... there's always a straight man, and two foils: Kitarie, Yamada, and Ojishi Reina... Renapon, Katomina, and Gatanee. So it fits...

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
  4. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    They set the poor ojisan up, it's funny cuz he was so confident and proud of talking about their hometown heroine.....Miyajima XD

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

5. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

6. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Wow Nodoguro is 10,000 yen and when they get to metropolitans it's two to three times the price and they get to eat two of them for free?? :O dangg those fishermen are such nice people.

Can't wait for next week's episode with that combo XD

7. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

^This was an average EP in the library of NF good times... but there were some highlights.

• The standout segments, were the butcher/kombini and the fishermen, easily...
    • I was a bit puzzled as to 'Kappa-chan's reticence with eating what is likely super-tender stewed beef. After all, Rittan nearly had a jaw dislocation trying to stuff in the cube de boeuf... but managed to eat it just fine. Moeka certainly liked it better than stanky salt-dried salmon :^^;: but only managed a micro-nibs. Why not just bite a corner? It was a bit of drama that put me in a Kokado sort of mood.:lol:

• I too, was marvelling at the generosity of the pro anglers... but have to remember that very few people will travel all the way to Niigata from Tokyo or Osaka, for instance, to save even 75% on a single nodoguro. So when the fishermen give the members 2 $100 blackthroats... it wasn't even that much to the fishermen as it were -- it'd only be $100 if they sold it to a monger or set up shop for market themselves, whereupon it'd be worth more for all the trouble. For a better example of supply chain inflation... look at chocolate. A worker will slave for $10 a day to harvest loads of 400g cacao pods... but the finished product is sold for $39 for the same weight of a typical fine chocolate (Lindt Piccoli Surfin Couverture 80oz/1kg), which is never pure cacao. But I'm guessing you won't go to Cotê d'Ivoire to get your own cacao pods vs. Trader Joe's candy aisle. [hehe]

• OMG the nodoguro sashimi looked GOOD... och, my mouth was watering. And Moeka ate both, and preferred the sashimi over the grilled (opposite for me, though both looked like they'd make me swoon with fuzzies)! I hope we can see more future segments where Moeka battles her fish hate as a recurring Lotti gag! :lol:

8. Arinko

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
  9. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

^ WOW 7.1?! Amazing -- wonder what Odekake's viewership was like in its heyday...

I can see why, though -- whoever's the showrunner, assembled his ingredients carefully -- and Lotti is pitch-perfect for NGT. Also the way the members are selected for EPs is quite a bit better than Odekake's was, when its quality began to turn away from rokes and towards more and more studio talk (IMO when the show began its spiral towards cancellation).

10. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    People screaming for national broadcast

11. antares

antares Kenkyuusei

On Max Toki 315 from Akihabara to Niigata
    Oshimen:
    sugaharariko
    Next Niigata Friend episode will be first time aired in Toyama Prefecture. Thus, they go full force to capture the new audiences :D

12. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
  13. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

The person bebopping into the background on the beach sorta ruined the mood... but the filter is an improvement. :approve:

14. Arinko

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
    The main reason I like NGT48 no Niigata Friend series is that I see the the other side of the girls which are normally seen if they post backstage video on Instagram or Twitter.

I also like it for the fact the whole episode has no 'studio' talk' The whole ep is on location. I am amazed how they get surprised/shocked/baffled facial expressions on camera from eg. Okappa and Ayutaro without actually trying.

15. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

^ This...

And next week's EP will be in Toyama-ken of course... and will be hosted by three of the tippy-top members for the first venture out of Niigata-ken. Looks like bigger and better things (budgets, which is always good for a series that ranked highly with a minimum of cash) are in store for NF -- national broadcast, plz thenks...

I wonder if this means we'll have an EP in Saitama, Hyogo, Akita, or Kagoshima then(and if none of those... at least Aichi-ken, with Kitarie as our personal tour guide)? :approve:

16. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

17. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

Pretty good EP this week! As always, OgiYuka is just the right amount of zany but self-aware, Katomina is her Disney-princess-trying-out-boke, and Rikahime is a slightly-toned-down version of her kneeslapper self (well, it is the premiere TV series for the group after all, and she is in her hometown). :p

We start with Lotti and the new 3 in what looks like a plaza -- and they celebrate their first EP outside of Niigata! To which Lotti say is kinda weird for 3 NGT members. :^^;: Kokado asks Ogi where they are, and she does a spelt-letter, Noepii-like cheer version of answering 'Toyama'... to which Kokado scolds 'just say it'...

Kokado asks Katomina what comes to mind when someone mentions Toyama... and she replies 'Shibata Rie', a famous actress and deputy mayor of Toyama-shi... not Rikahime. :^^;: Rika objects but then mentions that since this is her hometown, she'll get recognized immediately walking around. Kokado mentions that Moeka in Joetsu had people crying when they got to meet her... and Rika fires back that she'll get 3 strangers to cry meeting her (LOL -- the caption bottom corner then says 'Ms. Big Mouth' :lol:), such stuff was matter-of-fact for her. She then says Toyama residents are easy to talk to since they walk quite slowly -- to which Kokado calls her out for somewhat insulting her hometown. :^^;: She mentions a convo with Ogi about it, saying Ogi wondered out loud 'is there anything in Toyama?'. :p Ogi then points out the 'AMAZING TOYAMA' sign (Toyama's official tourism logo), and Kokado suggests they all take pics in the square of the sign. He then notices Katomina not being very excited about this, and when they take the pic, she tries to hide her face. :lol:

Kokado notices a bit of an audience, and Rika goes to a pair of schoolgirls and asks if they recognize her -- and they don't. They do recognize Ogi and Katomina, though! :lol: They take pics and Rika manages to make two more fans. She mentions Toyama's light rail can take them all the way to the seaside, so definitely to the next point of interest. As they walk to the pickup stop, Nakaoka mentions since they're in Toyama, if the EP is a hit then they can go to Fukui... then Saitama, Ogi adds. Nakaoka wants to go to Saitama, so asks Ogi to put in a word so they can go. :^^;: Kokado asks Katomina if she's been to Toyama often, and says her first baton competition was here... and she came in dead last. :blink:

At the stop, Ogi wonders out loud, 'is this really a station?' before they look up times and Katomina wonders 'which way will it arrive', before seeing the deadstop. 'There's only one way' Kokado scolds :lol:... Both Lottis mention they really like Toyama, because they like shiroebi more than anything else there. Katomina agrees, and says every year her family drives to the closest Toyama train station, just to buy shiroebi. They get on and Kokado asks if this is Rika's first job in her hometown since joining, and she says yes. He then asks what the difference is between Toyama and Niigata... Rika says Toyama people are more modest, but more 'guigui' -- Kokado says 'like you then'. Rika asks not to base their view of Toyama on her. :^^;: Nakaoka mentions there's no direct rail service from Niigata to Toyama... that everyone drives like Katomina. She says they come to get shiroebi kikou for snacks, a kind of senbei. Kokado springs up and recognizes them -- as does Nakaoka. Kokado says they're so good you can hardly believe it. Rika says members love it when they get shiroebi kikou as omiyage. Kokado says you want to call people over, it's so good. :p
    They go into a bit of discussion about Ogi's croaky voice from HS... and how Rika knows the HS's going to begin, because Ogi has all her decorations up five mins prior to showtime. :approve: Talk then comes around to her Horipro contract... and all the celebs she gets to see. Lotti then asks if she's heard of anyone she shouldn't trifle with at Horipro... and she answers correctly -- Wada Akiko. Does she know how to greet Wada-san? Lotti judge her aisatsu... and says she'll get hit. Has Rika ever met anyone amazing on the job? Rika says on Music Station they got to meet Tamori-san. Katomina says she doesn't know many entertainers since she doesn't watch TV very much... so mostly enta 'around Lotti's level'. :lol: Who does she want to meet? 'Summers'... which Lotti say are also Horipro. But watch out, Mimura-san might grab your butt, Nakaoka warns. :^^;:

They pay their fare and get off where the scenery's changed a lot... and Rika says they're only a stop from the ocean, so there should be a shoutengai here to look around. Katomina mentions the snow in Niigata vs. Toyama is quite different, and Rika explains Toyama's mountains trapping moisture means snowfall is usually heavy and wet, while in Niigata it's quite dry and powdery. Is powdery better or worse? asks Kokado. Rika explains it makes walking uphill difficult, like when she'd walk to school, if a senpai fell on the steep slope above her, she'd have to say 'good morning' to them while they slid past. :^^;: Kokado scolds 'aren't you supposed to say are you all right?'

They find a street sign that says 'Showa Retro Bldg.' It turns the gang down a quite quaint street, which Ogi says makes her think she's in an old TV program. They find it, and think it's a dagashiya (old-fashioned sweet shop)... but it's not. It's a museum of Showa-era toys and trinkets of every kind, all the owner's hobby for 40 years. Kokado wonders about an old TV, and the owner says the glass fronts of those old TVs had lenses to magnify the tiny CRTs -- and holds one out of a broken one, in front of his face. Katomina, ever the boke, says she didn't get to see, could he please do it again, despite the glass probably weighing 20 lbs. :^^;: Kokado sees a mini boombox from his kid days... and mentions he used to record the TV broadcasts of Tiger Mask, one of his fave anime. He'd set up his boombox to record the EP, and when he'd hit record, his mom'd go 'TAIGA MASUKUU!!!' :lol:

The hungry gang, wanting "shiroebi".. see a neat corner business, a shamisen store and school. Rika says it's due to owara, meaning the Owara Kaze-no-Bon Festival in Toyama, where dancers wear rainhats and pray to the wind gods to stay calm. Does Rika know how to dance owara? Once, she was a top-rated student. Would she demonstrate? Nnn-nn-nn-sure, she blurts out. :lol: So Lotti ask if the owner knows NGT48, and he says 'they're an apprentice group of AKB48'. Does he recognize anyone here? 'Ah, Nakai-san! is what I was told to say' and Rika's scheme is foiled. :oops: She then tries to dance owara to the owner's shamisen accompaniment. When asked how she did, the owner turns to one of his instructors and says 'that didn't seem like she learned it, did it?' The girls then try their hand at shamisen playing, the 'frog song', a popular kid's song from elementary school. Ogi shows she has a knack for it, while Katomina gets a scolding by Kokado for scratching her bachi (plectrum, which strums the strings) on the koma (face of the box). They then get tested. Katomina passes... but Toyama's NGT idol, a former top student of owara and face recognized everywhere she goes... flunks her test. Kokado asks that she not say she's from Toyama. :lol:

Pretty good flow, though not the most engrossing roke ever (esp when compared to the Sado Island EP). Hilarious tsukkomi and boke, though! :approve:<3

Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
  18. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Lmaooo rikachan gets rekt XD

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

19. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

20. Arinko

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
    NGT48 seems to be quite unknown in Toyama general public.