1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Nishigata Marina (Gatanee) 1st Gen

Discussion in 'NGT48 Members' started by nobodywil, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Humbucker

Humbucker Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Sashihara Rino
    Gatanee's new hair color. She had promised that she would change her hair color if she ranked higher than 80th (she actually ranked at 41st) in SSK. It was supposed to be only for 1 performance but she can keep it a bit longer. The red color is because it's NGT's color.
    DIsMZK0UMAAKk2E.jpg DIsP8CAUQAAxWOa.jpg

2. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

^ She really looks good in it! I hope she keeps it :approve:

3. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

She'll also be on Niigata Furendo!'s EP next week... (EP35, with Katomina & Renapon)

4. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
  5. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

Gatanee's Showroom (17-09-27)
    Mod edit: removed dead video link

It's been awhile since checking Gatanee's SRs... so pulled up the latest and settled back for a rest with one of my fave NGT members while my wife worked in the office (with her Korean soaps on :^^;:)...

At ~1:00:00 there's an incident that bothered me, and my somewhat wordy thoughts on it, are as follows:

If you've followed Gatanee on her SRs for any length of time, you know she's very eager to make every fan feel loved and appreciated -- to a point where her hisshi (必死 "certain death" -- desperation) can become somewhat awkward, esp as compared to some other 48G and even other NGT members who publish SRs on a regular basis, seemingly without any effort much less Gatanee's. This comes to a head at this point in the SR.

I'm a people-pleaser, and I've been burned for it on many an occasion. It's something that is intrinsic to my personality from a very young age, perhaps to make friends while burdened with the difficulty autism creates with social interaction. My wife's been my coach and lifeline as my partner, and with her help I slowly began to develop the skills other kids took for granted -- self-esteem, self-respect, avoiding basing your self-worth on the thoughts and opinions of others.

Well, that's a philosophy that's essential for surviving/thriving in the US... but not in Japan, where the collective is still much more valued than the individual. Sure this is turning around with more and more young generations... but those approaches have their inevitable downsides in a society controlled by hardliners in high business and socially-influential positions. Gatanee is struggling with the duality of trying to please both demographics, as well as, to be blunt, the implacable assholes who tend to speak loudest that're part of life on the web.

I felt for her, because this wasn't the first time this has happened in her SRs. She's such a caring and sensitive person, and only wants to make her fans happy... but the competition is fierce even among other NGT members in SR... so she goes in fighting, as an adult (and definitely treated like one by those who call themselves her 'fans' but post hurtful words while on-air)... and the pressure is palpable when she finally has to break down. It's not as if she was being a jerk to her fans and they finally gave her what she deserved... but people who were directing their own lives' frustrations onto someone they knew would only apologize and take it on the chin :poop::spam: :poop: -- possibly on purpose, if Gatanee thought that it might ease their suffering. :cry: That stoked a bit of anger in me, prodded the Tiger part of me >(... 'it isn't fair', I thought to myself, as I watched her break down. At the same time though... it just goes to prove that sometimes necessity through experience serves to become the most profound arbiter of positive change in a person's actions and the feelings behind them.

I don't want Gatanee to become an asshole to fend off assholes -- it's the wrong reaction to the problem. Besides, it's really not in her nature to do that. But she can, through repeated contact and trial/error with the fanbase, develop a thicker skin. At 21 I certainly wasn't the most mature kid in the room at any point, and I'm sure Gatanee doesn't see herself that way either... but I do have a lot thicker skin than I did at that age, without losing too much of myself in the process (and gaining back a lot thanks to my other half). I hope she doesn't give up, and I hope her true fans will rally to elbow the dickheads to the side and guide her through this gauntlet in her life -- because the best way to weather a storm, is with people who've been through one. <3

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2018
  6. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Even though it's not her birthday yet, Gatanee's dad decided to give her as a present an action figure of her favorite drama series. She couldn't be any happier. :approve:

Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
  7. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

Gatanee's 07/10/2017 evening SR:

She's really animated in all her SRs... but in this one she's in a particularly playful, kyapi-kyapi mood vs. nervous mood. It's a keeper! :blush::approve:

8. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

Gatanee's 171014 SR:

I may've said this before, but Gatanee pretty much already personifies the ideal young mom; all she needs is an actual kid to raise. :^^;:

One thing I really love about her SRs lately... when answering some fan questions/replies in back-and-forth conversation... she looks into the camera, as if she's really talking to you... which adds add'l depth to the interaction. Eye contact is vital for bonding from infancy into adulthood, and it's nice that she acknowledges something an embarrassing number of 48G idols don't in their SRs. :whistle:vs:cute:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Arinko

Arinko Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
    Kid = OgiYuka

10. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

^ LOL! SSK #5 tho = I think she got this... :^^;:

I was just watching Kitarie's grad announcement at the special live a little while back... and while Ogi got her big faint out of the way early... Gatanee wasn't doing much better, even to the point where Ogi was comforting her during their final bow. Ogi's a good kid, just wears her heart on her sleeve and everyone (or, enough people at least) love that. Gatanee is also a quite pure person but she has trouble accepting change, in comparison. I love both of them... but Ogi's no loose cannon by any means. :blush::flower:

Also noticed in the same live:
    • Hinatan is another one that had visible trouble with the announce... but she dealt with it very differently from Ogi or Gatanee or any other member -- she got angry. I feel this is something she learned from having to deal with her mother's opposition to idoling and other issues, as per her interaction with her mom on NF!... and it was clearly quite contentious. She is a Rabbit born late in the year, when it begins to change into the Dragon... and that is a quite Dragon-y response. :^^;:
    • Moeka impressed me with how much she's matured since her debut -- when I felt she was dead weight.:hehe: Even in this moment, she responded honestly... but got her composure back, remembered her fans... and performed the final song of the live, like a national-level idol. Atta girl, Moeka... <3
    • There were professionals in that moment, and there were honest feelings felt and expressed -- both justified. I respected Katomina, Ayakani, Anju, & Maho for being tough enough to remember what and who they were there for... Naachan, Mofu, and again Ayakani for coming to Ogi's aid... and of course Kitarie for holding it all together, when basically starting the countdown clock for her final days as an idol. :fp::flower:

11. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

From the 03 Nov HS event, courtesy @Cisalpine88 's : NGT's section of the 'recipe wall', where members post dishes that they turn to when discouraged...

Gatanee's tacorice: she's I'd-marry-and-mom-ify-her material (if of course my present wife didn't have strenuous objections to both :^^;:)... and anyway tacorice > omurice any day of the week and twice Sunday -- the JA factor had me at 'taco' :corr::drool:

[​IMG]

12. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Gatanee's Solo PV (Short Version) for the 2nd Single

if the video does not show watch the video here

13. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Some speed interview with Gatanee, originally published on M-On's website in a special about the second single. As said in the other threads, the YT video is unavailable for viewing outside of Japan, so I'm posting a reupload in its place.

In case it's necessary, I also included a quick translation of the Q&A from this video as well.
    Do a self-introduction in a sober way!
    -
    What do you think you were in your past life?
    A hunting dog. *
    What's your favorite part in the dance of "Sekai wa Doko made Aozora na no ka?"
    The refrain part ...this one.
    People around you describe you as what kind of person?
    A strange person.
    On what times do you think "It's great to have friends"?
    When we can have a consultation for advices, when we are together and have fun
    You call someone out loud believing it's an acquaintance, but it's actually a stranger! What do you do?
    "Aah! I'm sorry!!"
    Say what's NGT48's pride!
    That it's a cheerful, wonderful group with strong distinctive personalities.
    Tell us what's a feature of your face you like!
    The eyes.
    Tell us about a "frequent habit” of yours that you have noticed!
    *Time runs out*
    What's something that made you laugh to tears recently?
    There have been lots.
    Your favorite four-kanji idiomatic phrase?
    Gashinshoutan [Going through thick and thin to achieve a goal]
    What comes to mind if I say "ingredient for miso soup"?
    Tofu.
    Roller coaster or Haunted House, which is scarier?
    Haunted House.
    When hanging out together, do you plan out things yourself? Or do you leave it to your friends?
    I end up leaving it to my friends.
    Who's the most hyperactive member in the backstage room?
    Yamada Noe.
    What's a quality that you don't have enough of?
    Everything, I'm full of shortcomings.
    Tell us about a surprising side of you!
    I love keeping things neat and clean.
    What do you sprinkle on fried eggs?
    Soy sauce.
    Say this five times very fast: "Red capybara, blue capybara, yellow capybara"
    -
    Lastly, please do a cool photogenic face!
    -

* Fun fact: For some reason Gatanee keeps calling it a "kari-inu", essentially using the native Japanese words indicated by the kanjis of 猟犬, when it actually should be called "ryouken". This interview apparently got some people confused about what animal she meant and she even received questions about it, which urged her to post this message in her Instagram stories today just for clarification. (´∀`;)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 20, 2018
  14. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Promotional video and special message from Gatanee from FLASH's YouTube channel, to advertise her first solo gravure on the latest issue of the magazine.

Also, some cute and cozy sample shots shared by Gatanee herself on Instagram a while ago (*´ω`*)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  15. antares

antares Kenkyuusei

On Max Toki 315 from Akihabara to Niigata
    Oshimen:
    sugaharariko
    Gatanee's SSK poster:
    Q7zslnn.png

16. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Gatanee's SSK Appeal Video

17. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    A little fun fact: The Toki bird cap you see in the appeal video? Based on the talk in the first few minutes of today's Showroom, it turns out that it is something custom-made that her father designed and had commissioned for her just for the occasion.
    And by the way, it should be noted that Gatanee's dad is also the major provider of all the strange headgear she gets to wear (or rather, is made to wear by "Mayumi-san", aka her mother ;P) while on Showroom, although in these cases it's all novelties bought on Amazon and such sites. Those who have already followed her on SR for quite some time may already have noticed them and know what I'm talking about, let's say it seems he has quite a thing for this stuff. Heh.

Last edited: May 20, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Arinko

Arinko Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
    A supportive family.

19. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    A bit too late, but here's a big congratulations to Gatanee, too.
    "62nd place

Gatanee (Nishigata Marina)

A pretty older sister, gently enveloping the group with a feeling of affection that they call NGT48's motherly spirit"

[​IMG]
    Source: https://twitter.com/official_NGT48/status/1001838251936694272

Also, speaking of supportive families, on today's Showroom (marked by a pretty relaxed and buoyant atmosphere, actually) she showed two more presents that her family had prepared for her as a way to celebrate the results at the preliminaries.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Courtesy of Mayumi-san, one custom-made daruma on which she later drew the left eye to symbolize that a wish has been expressed. No need to point out when the other eye is to be drawn~
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Courtesy of her dad, a printed shirt he commissioned, saying on its back "It's never too late to become who you wanted to be". This one, she intends to bring it with herself and wear it at the final Sousenkyo ceremony.
    [​IMG]
    Also, well, there was this one daruma cap they also sent in, which even Gatanee couldn't tell if it was made on commission or not... Another purchase by her father, I can guess. (´∀`;)

Last edited: May 31, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Well, I was just coming here to give Gatanee a belated congratulations for the ranking in the Sousenkyo...

But then I noticed that today another big news came out. In essence, it has been revealed Gatanee has been selected to take part in the Mahou Sensei Negima! theater play (starred by Ikoma Rina), in the role of Chachamaru.
    So double the congratulations for her second acting job this year, then! (´∀`*)
    [​IMG]
    Articles and other sources here:
    https://twitter.com/official_NGT48/status/1009271016382590976
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BkOxOYNBGHm/
    https://natalie.mu/comic/news/287500

---

Also, on other news, I should also add that today's Gatanee SR has also been particularly significant, not to mention quite tender. The reason being that this little kitty cat found its new home at Gatanee's place.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Truth be told, on the day right before the Sousenkyo ceremony she already announced to her fans the news that a new addition to her family was coming soon. She soon followed up by introducing it to fans with a photo on Instagram, but this is the first time ever showing it in motion on stream.
    Now, for some little background for those unfamiliar: like the other cats Gatanee is taking care of at her home, many of them are either cats that have been found abandoned and that her family has brought home from animal care shelters, or that family friends and neighbors have entrusted to them when they were no longer able to take care of them personally.
    This one unfortunately falls in the former category. It happens to have been found by her father near his workplace, abandoned inside a cardboard box during what was a rainy day, and then taken to the shelter for care, making it currently the 7th cat to find its way in Gatanee's home and also the youngest, at barely one month of age.
    With so many animal lives to look after every day, if this isn't proof of Gatanee's caring motherly spirit, I don't know what else it is.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Anyway, there was more. Like the video thumbnail suggests, Gatanee was also looking for name suggestions and after collecting proposals from fans, family and other members alike, she ultimately narrowed down the choices to just three before running a poll live on Showroom. Unfortunately for Katomina, her proposal to name it "Human" got turned down (heh...), but anyway the list of names were "Kinoko" (proposed by Gatanee's mom), "Komugi" (after the color of its fur) and "Chachamaru".
    It comes as little surprise, for reasons mentioned above, that the most popular choice turned out to be the last.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
    • Like Like x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1