Nishigata Marina (Gatanee) 1st Gen

Discussion in 'NGT48 Members' started by nobodywil, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Aaah~ Looks like Chachamaru made one more appearance on the latest Gatanee SR yesterday, too. (*´ω`*)
    I'll leave the full SR recording split into two parts here, but for those who want to skip to the segment, you can find it shortly after the start of the second part.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    The little boy sure looks so comfortable snuggling inside the palm of Gatanee's hand, and Gatanee's mother-like aura comes out in full force on those moments too. Gotta love the comment from Gatanee's mom about it looking like a tiny Pokemon. And judging from some of the recent Instagram stories, as expected she's already busy providing everything to take care of its growth, so it's safe to say Chachamaru couldn't be in better hands. (*´ω`*)

Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
    • Like Like x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    A little more updates about the Negima play. I half-expected them to begin so soon, but it seems like that the rehearsals are already in full swing and the cast is currently hard at work practicing through some of the more intense scenes. I hope Gatanee was able to balance between this and the dance lessons for what stage Team NIII is planned to perform next. In the meantime, here's some related tweets from these last days, with some of the other actors playing as the main characters:

---

From Takatsuki Miyu (Akashi Yuna role)'s Twitter:
    We have finished having rehearsals!
    And I also had the opportunity of taking a picture with Nishigata Marina-san, whose role is Karakuri Chachamaru.
    I like how, despite Chachamaru being a robot, she also has a humanlike aspect to her.
    Everyone in the cast looks so cute that, after watching "Mahou Sensei Negima!", anyone will surely end up gaining many more new oshimens... lol

Look forward to it, everyone!

[​IMG]

Source: https://twitter.com/miyu_takatsuki/status/1011976012165361667

From Gatanee's Photolog:
    △ Negima!
    We are just done having rehearsals for it! I'm making steady progress on it while improving little by little on those parts I can't still understand well. All the people involved in the Class A cast are truly great at acting, not to mention so kind. It made me once again realize what a splendid environment I'm having the privilege to act in. I'll be doing my best to impersonate the role of Karakuri Chachamaru better and better, and to be able to deliver a "Negima!" that will be remembered with fondness for years by everyone who'll come to watch it!! In the photo, there's Nakaoka Rie-san who plays as Kagurazaka Asuna!! An heroine so perfect for the role of Asuna it's amazing.
    [​IMG]<3<3<3<3

Source: https://twitter.com/NGT48photolog2/status/1012340376546373633

From Matsuoka Rie (Kagurazaka Asuna role)'s Twitter:
    Today I did rehearsals for one certain scene together with Marina-chan, playing in the role of Chachamaru, and it was so extremely cool that I was left shaking!!
    We want to make it even cooler, so we'll work to improve the quality even more by finding some spare time to keep practicing on it.
    Also, Marina-chan's relaxed and gentle aura has me feeling so soothed.
    #NegimaTheaterPlay

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Source: https://twitter.com/matuokarie0419/status/1012369816026378240

---

With regards to that "certain scene" mentioned in the tweet, it turns out that Gatanee had been practicing through a (sword) fighting scene (her first ever in life, she pointed out) at the time, as was revealed during a Showroom stream on the day before (here is the exact moment where she tells it ...followed by Gatanee adding that all of this had put her back in a chuunibyou mood after a long time. Heh...). Anyone more familiar than me with the source material may (or maybe not, depending on how faithful the adaptation is?) help elucidate on what scene it is.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Not even a day has passed after the NIII shonichi, that Gatanee is back to rehearsals for the Negima play, it seems. By the way, this is from yesterday, but here's a collection of group photos from her Instagram stories. Most notably, one featuring her with Ikoma Rina.

---

While on topic, more Gatanee sighting on the social media accounts of the other main actors, also. From their words, there's no doubt she's being highly regarded by her co-workers there.

From Monta Nana (Asakura Kazumi role)'s Instagram:
    nanamonta77
    Nishigata Marina-san. ☺︎
    Whenever there's some spare time, she's always spending it doing additional practice for her scene and reviewing her acting. With her diligent personality, it has inspired me to take her as an example to follow. She gives me the motivation I need to carry on. (laugh)
    Such an angelic girl. [​IMG] It is just instinctive to come to love her so much.
    #NishigataMarina-chan #Chachamaru #Negima #NegimaTheaterPlay

marina_1016.n Eeeeeh! [​IMG]<3 Thank you so much for also getting in touch with me on LINE and teaching me so many things, too! [​IMG]<3 (Tried my best to keep the talk informal [​IMG] lol)

[​IMG]

Source: https://www.instagram.com/p/BksIDg_Ainy/

...and Twitter:
    Good job everyone even for today's rehearsals! ☺︎
    Here we have good ol' Umi-maru, and Nishigata Marina! Speaking of Nishigata-san, ever since the first time I have seen her I have been thinking of what an angelic girl she is. She's really humble in personality, whenever there's some spare time available, she would always do additional practice for her scenes and review her acting, an example that anyone should learn from!! Even for my part, I'm rolling up my sleeves and keep giving my best tomorrow too! ☺︎
    #MiumiNaka #NishigataMarina #Negima

[​IMG]

Source: https://twitter.com/weluvgna/status/1013401131274285058

Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Coming back with a little more news updates from the past few days regarding the Negima play. Gatanee allowing herself a little fun time with the other fellow actors. But most importantly, today the profile photos in the character costumes have been released at last! (*´∀`)

---

From Gatanee's Photolog:

2018.07.06 21:52

△ Negima!
    We performed our first full rehearsal wearing the costumes for the Negima! theater play. It felt great to see that I managed to do better than expected. [​IMG]✨ But there are still many parts I still can't do yet and other which still need practice, so I'll keep on working hard to better polish up my act. On another note, yesterday I went to the beauty salon to get myself a haircut. ✂️✨ It actually turned out shorter than I had in mind, but I would be glad if you can appreciate also this limited-time short hair. [​IMG]

Source: https://twitter.com/NGT48photolog2/status/1015240236039745536

From Takatsuki Miyu (Akashi Yuna role)'s Twitter:
    Today (July 6) we had the complete play rehearsals in stage costumes~!
    It felt so tense to have also Akamatsu (Ken) Sensei himself watching us...
    There are some aspects where I think I still need more effort.
    But anyway, we still have a little more time left until the actual theater play, so I'll work to better get into the role of Akashi Yuna!!
    Somehow, it makes me feel happy to hear people calling me "Yuna~" lately. [​IMG]
    #Negima
    #MahouSenseiNegima
    #NishigataMarina

[​IMG]
    (click on the thumbnail to play the video)

Source: https://twitter.com/miyu_takatsuki/status/1015233373055299584

And finally, from the official Negima theater play's Twitter:
    [Picture Unveiling] Student Number #10 - Karakuri Chachamaru!
    A robot combining in herself magic and science. She is Evangeline's partner.
    Playing in this role is Nishigata Marina-san (NGT48)!
    #NegimaTheaterPlay #Negima #KarakuriChachamaru #NishigataMarina

[​IMG]

Source: https://twitter.com/stage_negima/status/1016259666303569920

Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
  5. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    So, at long last, today marked the beginning of the Negima theater play. I'd say it was very kind of the NGT48 official Instagram account to announce it in a special entry (which you can find it here). And as it was to be expected, many NGT members (namely Katomina, Hinatan, Reinya, Ainya, but most importantly Miharu) showed their support by visiting her at the theater. More about it in the translations that'll follow.

But first, an article by Dwango about the play, coupled with a nice photo gallery, can be read at this address:
    https://news.dwango.jp/news/29824-1807

---

From Miharu's Instagram:

We had the opportunity to watch the final general rehearals at the opening day of Maho Sensei Negima!
    This is a theater play with Ikoma-san as the main protagonist. I was blown away by how amazing it was. [​IMG]<3 The story progression is fast-paced, not to mention it is also so amusing. [​IMG]
    Seeing Gacha [*] as she put all her efforts into it really gave me a motivational inspiration.
    Chachamaru <3
    Keep doing your best all the way until the closing day, alright!!
    By the way, we could also meet with Jiina-san while there, whew. ( *ˊᵕˋ)✩
    #MahouSenseiNegima #Negima #NishigataMarina #Chachamaru #IkomaRina-san #SniffSob

[*] note: Miharu's own personal nickname for Gatanee

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Source: https://www.instagram.com/p/BlIi1fun_K2/

From Miharu's Photolog:
    [​IMG]

Today, after looking forward to it since the beginning, I finally had the chance to watch the theater play. [​IMG]<3<3<3
    Gacha, as well as many other member from the 48 Group, got to act in it.

I don't know why, but it make me feel so much emotional!!
    The story progression is fast-paced,
    and while I don't have experience with watching that many theater plays, myself, this will surely be enjoyable even for someone who's relatively new to theater plays.
    It was all so splendid!!!

Thank you for this experience!
    Also, everyone, make sure to go watch
    Mahou Sensei Negima!

It was really entertaining~ [​IMG]

Source: https://twitter.com/NGT48photolog2/status/1017415355214409729

From Katomina's Photolog:
    At Marichan's theater play. [​IMG][​IMG]
    Today we all went to watch her theater play ^^

The acting of Marichan, in this play starring Ikoma-san as the protagonist!
    It was very emotionally stirring. ☺️☺️☺️

Marina's mysterious and mild-mannered, in a way different from her usual self, character that she played was original, so original, not to mention so fun to watch. [​IMG]<3<3<3

Keep doing your best until the final day!
    Also, please do enjoy the food souvenirs ^^

Source: https://twitter.com/NGT48photolog2/status/1017412281691336705

From Hinatan's Photolog:
    Good evening!

Today, we paid a visit at the final rehearsals for the theater play "The Wizard Negima! ~The Kid Teacher is in Training~", in which Marichan is performing. [​IMG][​IMG]

Marichan was so amazing~~!
    Not to mention cool! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I felt so much glad that I went to watch it, it motivated me to do my best, too. [​IMG] The opening day of the play has just begun, and there'll be another show even tomorrow, so please keep going like this! [​IMG]

Here's hoping tomorrow will be yet another great day for you!

Source: https://twitter.com/NGT48photolog2/status/1017412569798021120

---

More additional photos taken from Kojina Yui's Twitter account:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Source: https://twitter.com/kojinayui0124/status/1017394395534974976

Promotional poster, with a closeup on Gatanee's detail:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Freebies that were given away to all those who attended the play. One is a photocard, the other is actually a pampleth containing photos of all the characters, along with a mini-interview with their respective actors and a message to the audience:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Judging from the question about what is something that she'd like to learn in the future, on a personal level, it looks like Gatanee is becoming more and more interested in continuing with the acting jobs (encouraged by this experience, and what was her first one with Gekidan Renacchi just before that).
    On a more facetious note, in line with the play's main theme, there's also one part which asked the following...:
    If you had three magical powers, what would they be?
    [① The magic to talk with cats] I'd love to converse with the 7 cats I have at home. [② The magic to make everyone happy] Being a pacifist myself, I'd rather see everyone live their life with a big bright smile on their faces. [③ The magic to stop time] Because I find myself thinking "24 hours a day just aren't enough!" (laugh)

Last edited: Sep 8, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    As one more little addition to the updates, a thoughtful journal entry left by Gatanee yesterday on Photolog, on the wake of the second day of the play. Here she goes more in depth about what concerns she faced in participating in this project.
    Make no mistake when you read it, though. It's worth pointing out that Gatanee actually came fully prepared for this play, as on SR she told how she was already long familiar with the source material after watching, at the very least, the whole anime through (as did all the other actors involved, I'd presume).

---

△ Negima!

Finally, yesterday we managed to make it to the opening day without any hiccups, and the second day of the show has also ended. ✨ A big thank you to all those who came over to the venue, as well as the members and all the staff team. [​IMG]

Back in the beginning, there have been many days I spent wondering what would be the best way for me to act when playing in the role of Chachamaru... while considering how I am supposed to get the character of Chachamaru across to all the people in the audience who have been loving the Negima! series for years. All the same, there were days when I couldn't help feeling depressed when I came to realize my lack of ability.

But even so,

everyone who is rooting for me have told me how "I just would be happy if you could show off what you are capable of at the moment", and then even the scriptwriter Hata-san advised me on not letting myself be restrained by the character's image too much.

By inviting me to first try and recite the lines of my script like a movie monster would, for example, or to try speaking it with a choppy cadence later, Hata-san has offered me a lot of awesome guidance in order to let me come out of my shell. (laugh) As I experimented over and over again with many different things, although taking one small step at a time... I then managed to find out my own ideal image of Chachamaru in the end.

Seeking to improve myself more and more. Today better than yesterday, tomorrow better than today.

For the sake of all those who have yet to come watch it, as well as all those who have attended it several times already,
    I'll do my best to deliver a theater play that would leave everyone thinking "I want to see it one more time!! That was so fun!"

By the way, here in the photo I am together with Hinata! Before the beginning of the final rehearsals, Hinata thought of giving me a Dior Maximizer for a present. [​IMG]<3
    Thank you so much!!!! [​IMG] Miharu too, she also brought over lots of sasadango as food gifts, and the NGT48 staff also provided their own foods refreshments as well. Thanks a lot everyone for that. [​IMG]

Source: https://twitter.com/NGT48photolog2/status/1017775458648092672

---

On another note, more photo and a little more fun little Instagram stories involving the other actors during the free time inbetween the shows, from the last few days:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    (click on the thumbnails to play the videos)

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Assorted sources: 1, 2, 3

---

While speaking of Chachamaru, one can't forget mentioning the other Chachamaru (by which I mean Gatanee's kitten). Lately it has become an almost constant presence on Showroom in its own right, much to the pleasure of all the viewers. And on yesterday's SR I can definitely say it was alive and kicking ...and also biting, most importantly.
    To borrow Gatanee's own words, it has become really mischievous over the last few days, but that's where Gatanee's innate patience and motherly attitude come into play to try calming it down. Because of the amount of playful (inter)action contained inside, this one is better seen in motion so I suggest watching the first half of it by yourself. ( ´∀`)

However, how can I resist from posting some still shots anyway? (´∀`*)

Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    The final day of the Negima play was just held the other day, so even though with a bit of a delay I guess it's time to wrap up this series of updates that I have begun.
    Overall, it looks like that, between being introduced to a new job environment and many new colleagues, rehearsing together with them and finally getting to act on stage once again, this has been a refreshing experience and a fullfilling one month period for Gatanee.
    And with the casting for each role was also held through a fair yet rather selective audition process, as told in a tweet by Ken Akamatsu, it also means that her acting skills were clearly acknowledged along with it.

---

From Gatanee's Instagram:
    And so, even the final performance day for the theater play "Mahou Sensei Negima! ~The Kid Teacher is in Training~" has reached its conclusion smoothly!!! Thank you to anyone who came to watch it, and everyone who sent us their encouragements.

It was a joy for me to have had the privilege of playing in the role of Karakuri Chachamaru. I'm glad I could get to meet with such a wonderful staff team, as well as all the people in the Class 2-A cast, Kamo-kun, not to mention Negi Sensei. I'll apply myself to put this precious experience that I had here to good use in any future activities of mine!! A heartfelt thank you!! In addition, Akamatsu Sensei himself came to donate me this Swarovski Ballpoint Pen. [​IMG]✨ Much obliged!!!! [​IMG] "A little bit of courage is the real magic".
    #NegimaTheaterPlay #KarakuriChachamaru #FinalShow #AiiATheaterTokyo

[​IMG]

Source: https://www.instagram.com/p/BlTDaQ4DQ0e/

From Gatanee's Photolog:
    △ Negima!
    Once again, thank you to everyone who came to watch us! At the end of these 8 show performances, we finally managed to reach the closing day with success. On those times during the rehearsal period when my heart felt about to break, I received plenty of encouragement from everyone at the handshake events and through the mail [mobame] replies, it made me realize once again how truly blessed I am to have you all here to support me. I feel happy that, thanks to Negima!, I could get to meet with the staff crew and all the lovely people involved in this cast. At the celebrations for the conclusion of the last show, I even broke out crying! [​IMG] Moreover, I feel like making the best use of the experience I gained on the theater stage, by putting even more effort into my activities from now on!! In the photo, you can see me with Ikoma-san, the lead actor of the troupe. <3 Negi Sensei!!

Source: https://twitter.com/NGT48photolog2/status/1019574293049499649

Ken Akamatsu also posted on his Twitter account a long thread where he gave an assessment of each actor's performance. This one -- which I'm reporting it in full also because of the two characters being closely connected -- also includes Gatanee's role:
    In the second and final half of the play, the tsundere acting by Kitagawa Yoshino-san, playing Eva, holds the key to everything! In the part with her maniacal laugh, followed up by the magic action scene, she has remarkably stepped up her quality since the time of the rehearsals, definitely a pleasure to watch. Her lovable cuteness, in contrast to being the villain, is also nice. I also greatly love the way her partner Chachamaru, played by Nishigata Marina-san, acted like her steward with her body language and facial expressions. The robot maid feel clearly stands out.

Source: https://twitter.com/KenAkamatsu/status/1018738822903836672

---

For those who wished they could watch the theater play right from home, this recent article from Dwango tells me that the final theater performance has been filmed and is planned to be broadcast on Fuji TV TWO on September 30th. With any luck, a recording for it will be available somewhere by then...
    https://news.dwango.jp/girls/29903-1807

Also, one last batch of group photos with the cast that I have missed uploading the previous times. I particularly love that description at the end of Matsuoka Rie's tweet:
    "Included in this photo is my cat-loving colleague Marina-chan, who plays Chachamaru [​IMG] <3"
    Eeeh, so it means that word of it has spread so fast already...! ( ´∀`)

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Sources: Miumi Takana's Twitter (1-2), Ai Wanabi's Twitter, Matsuoka Rie's Twitter, Kadota Nana's Twitter.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2018
    • Like Like x 5
  8. Zuu Ryuzuma 48

Zuu Ryuzuma 48 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Yokoyama Yui
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2018
  9. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

10. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Kind of wondering, Is Gatanee wanting to do Stage Plays after he time in NGT48? (Mostly wondering this since she was apart of Renacchi's Stage Play and will be apart of the Majimuri Gakuen Stage Play next month as well).

11. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

:ome:Happy Birthday Gatanee! :ome::ome:

• Like Like x 3
  12. Zuu Ryuzuma 48

Oshimen:
    Yokoyama Yui
    Tanjoubi Omedetou Gatanee!!!!:mail::ome::ome:

• Like Like x 1
  13. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Katomina and Gatanee Showroom from Yesterday.

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 2
  14. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

15. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Gatanee was on the latest PORT DE NGT with Katomina and Ayakani
    EDIT: VIDEOS NOW GONE

Was also on the latest NST Smile Stadium with Katomina and Hinatan
    EDIT: VIDEOS NOW GONE

FYI My Translation aren't really that great. So Giving you guys warning lol. But here are some tweets mentioning her on NST Smile Stadium

Last edited: Dec 22, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    I wouldn't say this is an indication of anything, but one thing I noticed is that Gatanee is definitely still in touch with the Yoani side of the cast that she has worked with for the Negima stageplay. Especially Takatsuki Miyu, who would often be the first to reply to Gatanee's tweet.

17. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

NGT48 x New Era Collabration Caps announced (Reservations began on December 25 at 10am JST)
    [​IMG]

The have model caps for Team NIII and G, OgiYuka, Katomina, Rikachan, Miharu, Hinatan, and Gatanee herself.

Gatanee's Model Cap
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

The Link: https://shopping.akb48-group.com/selection/list/5/2811?twg

Last edited: Dec 22, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  18. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

19. Zuu Ryuzuma 48

Oshimen:
    Yokoyama Yui
    Happy Christmas to all Gatanee fans.. ;)

20. Zuu Ryuzuma 48

Oshimen:
    Yokoyama Yui
    • Agree Agree x 1