1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Nizi Project (JYP Japanese GG Project)

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Idol Emporium' started by Criss, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Criss

Criss Member

It is happening at last:
    Girl Group from JYP and Sony Music for Japan.

xnizi2.png

if the video does not show watch the video here

I have been waiting for this since JYP 2.0 conference the last year.
    Like I said a few times before I think Japan needs more GG and less Idol Groups. Like the original Momusu, specially from 1997 to 2007.
    Anyway, with the current kpop popularity in Japan, JYP wisely decide to make his move and try not just a GG for the japanese audiences but a "Global" group.
    Lets see what happens.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
  2. Matenrou47

Matenrou47 Kenkyuusei

First thing first, I love he acknowledges the differences between Japanese and Korean idols. However, idol TV shows sound like Momusu in their early days, Idoling(, Last Idol?). I hope the project brings something new to the table with such ambitious plan, I mean, even lots of Korean idols from survival shows/reality shows don't become more popular than others instantly. Really look forward to this project though.

3. Criss

Criss Member

Survival programs are never a warranty of success, there are always a long shot. Depends of a lot of things.
    A lot depends on planning and in this case we can see this:
    1.- "Sixteen japanese ver." We all know about the success of Sixteen survival, so that could help to this new NIZI survivals.
    2.- "JYP promotion schedule" TWICE has been very busy promoting in Japan since 2017, and looks like they will promote hard this 2019, starting with the new album of japanese versions of their well know korean hits. Plus the Dome Tour. Just imagin all those girls going to TWICE concerts and then they realise "Hey! I can be like them. Let's audition to NIZI". JYP you are so evil :twisted::XD:.

So, looks like JYP has planned this quite good. Still this project is a long shot. But as I can see he is doing well so far.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
  4. welp

welp Next Girls

But, they will form an idol group. :rolleyes:

Just because it's different from typical J-pop idol group doesn't it's not an idol group. They will be as much of idol group as Itzy or Twice.

Momosu definitely was not in his head but Twice and IZ*One were. This Nizi Project screamed "Produce 101" to me. (Yet, Produce 101 obviously was inspired by Sixteen.)

Even though Sixteen was not popular, Twice definitely benefited from it. It works similarly to AKB's documentaries, new fans may watch that show and feel more emotional investing to the members as persons.

5. Criss

Criss Member

Do I have to mention the obvious? ok :rolleyes:
    As we all know Japanese Idol gender is a sub-gender of jpop and is a very specific one. In Korea "Idol" is a term that applies in a more general way.
    The style of TWICE, ITZY and IZ*One (in Korea) is more like general pop, an style that any non Idol japanese GG could performe. Thats the difference. Thats why I mentioned Momusu. In the beginning they were a japanese GG. Image and music were slightly different from the current Idol MM. They even mentioned this on interview years ago. Some of them (generation 3 and 4 ) say they were actually a Girl Group, not and Idol group. Also said that people misunderstood this for years. Thats why I love TWICE so much, because they reminds me of the old Momusu. :chuffed:

So, when JYP said he wants to keep the JYP COLORS in this project that means he will try (at least) to keep the korean style in some way, and try to offer something different to the jpop scene. Remember that he also wants a GLOBAL group, something that can be assimilated for the general audiences, and we all know that the Japanese Idol gender works outside Japan only with some well know niches. But the Kpop has proved to work much better worldwide.
    Now; How different it will be? I dont know. Only JYP knows that. I only HOPE this project bring back the GG style just for a change.

In the name of course they will be called Idols for sure, but that doesn't necessary means they will the "traditional Idols". And I really hope so.

Survivals are survivals. They are Realities, we all know that. Their goal is to creat affinity with the audiences. And any that helps to this purpose is usefull (talking about my previews points).
    You can call it Produce whatever, Sixteen, Mixnine, or even documentaries. Its the same animal. :lol:
    The difference are who are refering to and the way they shows the reallity.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Odd_Cinderella

Odd_Cinderella Next Girls

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    I'm excited to see where this will go. ITZY just debuted, so, this will be a challenge I can't wait to see him tackle.

7. Criss

Criss Member

JYP×Sony Music 「Nizi Project」 Global Audition Teaser Movie #1

8. Merika

Merika Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takeuchimiyu
    Nizi Project will be JYPs 1st Japanese Girl Group, in collaboration with Sony Music

6A84BBB5-1382-479F-8327-051E82DB88F6.jpeg

There are currently auditions in being held in Tokyo, Osaka, Nagoya, Fukuoka, Sapporo, Sendai, Hiroshima and Okinawa, as well as in Los Angeles and Hawaii in the United States

The project will consist of 20 girls, who will have 2 programs. The first being a reality program showing the 20 girls training in Korea + more, with the second being a survival show to decide on their members

The final group lineup will be revealed in April 2020, and will debut within the following months

The group will mainly promote in Japan, as well as have overseas promotions

The JPOP & KPOP concept will be mixed into the project. The Jpop concept of idols who grow, as well as the Kpop concept of having skill based training

The groups lineup number hasn’t been announced yet, but will have at least 9 members according to the old silhouette (my guess is 11-12 members)

These are the songs that could be performed at the audition

3A386F37-BCD6-4417-A380-BD47E1FB3CE0.jpeg
    BDB9412A-E1E4-458E-BE35-6A5758333F8C.jpeg

Last edited: Jul 25, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Criss

Criss Member

Nizi project #1 & #2

-----
    Nizi project #3

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Merika

Merika Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takeuchimiyu
    Already know all of the JYP trainees will be debuting (Mako, Yuna, Rima, Mihi)

CB4E9E7E-5908-45ED-BAE1-07116773649F.jpeg

Fun fact: Yuna is half-Korean
    ——

Apparently, this group has a chance to promote outside of Japan. Hopefully they debut in Korea too, seeing as JYP has a great rep there for girl groups. Also they have Korean speakers amongst them

11. Criss

Criss Member

Nizi Project #4

-----
    Actually thats the idea. Making a global group, but based in Japan. The exact promotion strategy for that is of course unknow so far. We have to wait for that.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Criss

Criss Member

Nizi Project #5

• Like Like x 1
  13. Criss

Criss Member

Nizi Project #6

14. Criss

Criss Member

Nizi Project #7

15. Criss

Criss Member

Nizi Project #8

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2021
  16. Criss

Criss Member

Nizi Project #9

17. Merika

Merika Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takeuchimiyu
    Nizi Project finale is airing now. Expect the full lineup reveal

18. Criss

Criss Member

Nizi Project # 10

19. Merika

Merika Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takeuchimiyu
    The top 14 girls. They will be training in Korea, & season 2 will be airing this month

9896B974-A223-43F9-8908-6222FCFE2CEF.jpeg

There was a poll in Korea where they voted for their fav members, the top 9 amongst them (idk what the rest of the results were)

A57DF4EE-052C-4488-AD42-2555F82A40BA.jpeg

Yamaguchi Mako with 91.9%
    Suzuno Miihi with 90.2%
    Arai Ayaka with 83.6%
    Yokoi Rima with 81.2%
    Hillman Nina with 59.1%
    Katsumura Maya with 48.8%
    Hanabashi Rio with 48.5%
    Inoue Akari with 47.5%
    Ahn Yuna with 47%

Ayaka gained attention in Korea for being a Suzy lookalike, and is wanted to be the visual of the group

C3F06AC7-8C3A-4531-A25C-5627D9606D31.jpeg
    2CF486FB-0F38-4344-8726-20F5EDC89425.jpeg

20. Merika

Merika Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takeuchimiyu
    NiZi Project Lineup
    F6310913-D878-4C8E-9EF1-44406A5662E1.jpeg