1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

NiZiU Official Thread

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Idol Emporium' started by Merika, Jun 26, 2020.

1. Merika

Merika Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takeuchimiyu
    F4A1D7B8-23B4-4EEE-B9FC-ECBCDCDD18C6.jpeg 1C0D75C0-D0F2-421B-B08B-274A02E5E266.jpeg B007F477-7AA7-485C-97DB-4ADD329A3AEF.jpeg

Members
    • Yamaguchi Mako
    • Oe Riku
    • Yokoi Rima
    • Hanabishi Rio
    • Katsumura Maya
    • Suzuno Mihii
    • Oguo Mayuka
    • Arai Ayaka
    • Hillman Nina

Last edited: Jun 26, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    First of all: Congrats to the girls!:chuffed:

I'm a bit sad about Akari. Maybe it's because we are used to bigger groups.. but I don't see how one or more members would have changed anything... :(
    Anyway, Mako was destined to be in since episode one, she didn't get one single mistake and it's absolutely captain material. I think there isn't even one Nizi vewer who can say something bad about her.
    Nina was my second fave and I was so frustrated watching the episode... I feared JYP was gonna make the same mistake he made with Somi.
    Mihii has slowly but surely lost position in my personal ranking, even though she has unquestionable talent.
    On the other hand, Rima completely made me revalue her. Another one with impressive qualities

Best of luck to all of them though, their predebut mini album has already been announced from what I saw, so, soon we will see them take the first step towards the future:chuffed:

3. Odd_Cinderella

Odd_Cinderella Next Girls

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    Congrats to the winners!

Also, I thought this was supposed to be "TWICE but J-Pop" so I understand 9-members; or am I mistaken? :^^;:

4. Criss

Criss Member

Well, thats the starting Idea all along.
    Twice was the concept to follow, at leats for starter. JYP was very clear on that in all the process.

Looks like an interesting line up. Hope it goes well. I didnt put so much attention in a japanese Girl Group since I lost track on Morning Musume in the late 2000's. Cuz yes the original MM was a GG not an Idol Group. They oficially became IG in the early 2010's.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  5. Odd_Cinderella

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    Thank you!

• Like Like x 1
  6. sdn48oshi

sdn48oshi Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka
    That’s not even remotely true.

They literally were calling them idols back on Asayan in like 1998.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Criss

Criss Member

Actually is completely true. The members (I think some ex-members were present too) talk about this on an interview back in the late 2000's. They said that even though most of the people call them an Idol group they were actually a GG (till then). Wasn't a big deal for them so they never argued about the difference (and is completely understandable).
    So yes. MM started as a GG. Maybe scratching idol concepts from time to time untill finally in the early 2010's they became the "classic" Japanese Idol Group that is today.

I had said this before; one of the reasons I like Twice is that they reminds me a little the old (and good) MM from the 2000's. Now, If NiziU really is a japanese ver. of Twice I will follow them for sure because of that.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2020
  8. Odd_Cinderella

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    I guess fun fact?
    Sony_Music.jpg
    Washington-born Nina Hillman (right) of NiziU, will join Sally Amaki (left) of 22/7, at Sony Music's building in Nogizaka, Tokyo. Four years ago, who would have thought that two girls from the United States would have been members of groups there?

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Odd_Cinderella

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    Is it ok to share the performance of some of the candidates for the debut song here? If not, I give permission for an admin to delete this.

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 1
  10. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
  11. Criss

Criss Member

[Nizi Project] Whisper Challenge

12. Odd_Cinderella

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    MV dropped:

• Like Like x 2
  13. Criss

Criss Member

Not bad for a Pre-debut single.
    5000 000 views in less than 24 hrs.
    (At the moment of this post they almost hit 10M)

ni2.jpg

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    Loved the MV, I keep watching it on loop lol
    The song is perfect for them and I finally saw the Miihi I wanted see in last NP episodes.

They are still sorta rough and yet way more polished since Nizi Project start... it seems in Japan the release has been also welcomed, and INTL fans are doing their best with YT viewers.

Many love the way the rap part incorporates JYP ggroups and even if I don't know enough about them except for TWICE, I truly appreciate the idea behind it. I don't know if the fact it's a japanese group can make it flop in korea, but like this it feels JYP is saying that they may be different but still one of them. From what I saw so far is strong in Kpop fandoms being part of this or that agency as much as being part of a group.

Anyway, I hope to see more of them before their official debut, something like TwiceTV or so...

15. mai48_

mai48_ Member

Twitter:
    maiakikochan
    The start of the song sounded really familiar that I thought it's not an original song. First thing I thought was that it sounded of the songs covered in one of Kobasolo videos. Then I scrolled through the video content, one mentioned Taylor Swift's Shake It Off. The similarity of Make You Happy intro to Shake It Off (if not the original, then at least to Kobasolo's cover of it) is really stark, that's what I think.

16. Odd_Cinderella

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    Here's the commemorative poster for 10M views! Congrats, girls! (And, as of this post, they now have 12M views)
    10M.jpg

They're also #1 in Top 100 LINE Music as well as iTunes, Apple Music Japan (Basically, they're taking #1 in a lot of charts)

They also already have an official fan club name:
    fanclub.jpg

Ok, but this is adorable: it's the girls photo'ed with JYP and he's holding a congratulations cake.

@Dill you don't know ITZY's "ICY"?

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    I know Itzy because they pass on my TL from time to time, but I never followed them enough to know the songs.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Criss

Criss Member

Funny fact of the day: NiziU predebut already surpass TWICE Fanfare MV on Youtube.
    Looks like all is according to plan so far. JYP you are an evil mind :p:D

• Like Like x 1
  19. Odd_Cinderella

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    17M views so far on the MV.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Criss

Criss Member

And this is just the beginning.
    niu.jpg