Single NMB48 12th (Durian Shonen) 15/07/15

Discussion in 'NMB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jun 6, 2015.

1. david dias

david dias Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu

if the video does not show watch the video here

2. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

Nogi sold more handshakes than any 48G.

3. SugarYumYum

SugarYumYum Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    Well, the ojousama type does have it's appeal in otakudom just like tsunderes, lolis, danderes, hetares, and the like. Alternatives so you're hitting as many potential bases as possible is never a bad thing especially in a crowded market like Tokyo. Have you read the Nogizaka experiences thread? It's only four pages long so there isn't too much to shift through lol but that might give you a better idea on why they're doing so well with handshake.

As for NMB sales... well it's been discussed before that they're not in a place that's big on idol culture. I don't follow them much so I can't honestly say why they seem to have fewer top sellers. I think NMB having AKB HS to account for while Nogizaka only has their own HS events for fans to sink their money into does play a factor though.

4. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    Lets also not forget something:

5. Snowman81

Snowman81 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Twitter:
    xSnowman81
    That's too logical. Why don't we just go with the "There is a new center and fans are unhappy so they buy less CD's" theory.

6. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    I'm sure AKB selling their next single WHILE Durian Shonen was on sale while also offering 2 Osaka events (WITH FREE AUTOGRAPHS!!) had less to do with the downturn in sales as the fact that Nogizaka is just so awesome that we all lost the will to buy CDs.

7. Fourever

Fourever Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    It also doesn't really help that the new center have by far the most hated fanbase in NMB right now :lol:(mainly due to their own doing in the past 3 months) but a portion of NagiShuu,Akarin and Fuuchan fans definitely went "screw this" and opted for Halloween Night which could have been avoided by not selling at the same time as AKB or maybe having a totally different center(Miru,SayaMilky will always sellout all of their slots no matter what but this single didn't offer all that much outside it).
    While this single did a great job of promoting Riripon it kinda failed in a lot of area(most of Riripon fans are still from Kanto so they are of cause mainly looking at the AKB singles for their HS tickets).
    The new teppotai system is terrible and while I get it that they wanted Isochan to center a football themed MV for the women's world cup it was still a dumb choice to let her center when we could have had another Yama e Yukou type of song and MV and the worst part of it all is that it was wasted because they are obviously not pushing her atm. The senbatsu is really iffy af outside the obvious members when Aapon who sold 15/21 slots in DLB didn't make it(she'll make it next single) and Aika/Rinacchi being dropped for Jo was overall really strange because they are clearly pushing Rinacchi on the M stage and Aika centered Kokoten recently(and when are they gonna bring back Haruna into the senbatsu :rolleyes:). While Konomin have casually been taking a spot for 2 single in a row(A spot that Yuipon have been shafted for the longest time during her time with NMB).

meh At least this completely took off the pressure off the girl/girls that will be centering next single because it's hard to imagine failing harder than this without any major member graduating. And I really hope we avoid any more stupid Airdrop in the future because this summer single could have been used way better to promote NMB.
    Btw haven't the stages been awesome lately with this cross team performances :blush:(Aapon have been awesome on the BII stage) and Chihhi in Reset tomorrow will great.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2015
  8. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

NMB48's 12th Single (2nd Week Sales)
    Week 2: 9,556 (380,832) (15th)

9. convenience93

convenience93 Member

Oshimen:
    Jang Wonyoung
    Yet it got #2 on Billboard Japan in its second week of release.
    http://www.billboard-japan.com/charts/detail?a=hot100

Nothing makes sense lolol.
    Their Billboard Japan stats:
    http://www.billboard-japan.com/chart_insight/#kind=h100&date=2015-07-27&rank_or_point=rank

It takes into consideration not just their physical sales from CD shops but also areas like radio airplay, digital downloads as well as how well they trend on Twitter.

For some reason or another, NMB were no. 2 in Twitter trends behind SNSD lol. And I don't really know why so many people were talking about them the past week. It's pretty interesting because in their 1st week, they were only no. 28 on Billboard. Maybe it's all the fans talking about how "terrible" sales are hahaha. If that's the case, it's pretty ironic lol.

10. Hitokage

Hitokage Kenkyuusei

^
    The billboard is a 1-week-late-into-the-party kind of thing.

Anyways NMB will ship 10-13th round of HS on 10th, 17th, 24th and 31st Aug respectively. This should help this single past 450k.

11. convenience93

convenience93 Member

Oshimen:
    Jang Wonyoung
    Haha that kinda explains it then since it would have considered their 1st week sales (from major CD shops) I suppose.

Also, if they're considering 1st week, their appearance on Music Station did generate quite a lot of talk because of all the big acts that were on it, so that makes a lot of sense. haha

12. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    DS performance at FNS! Sayanee's smile at the end went straight through my heart right for the feels like damn. Short but solid performance, they got the audience a lot more hyped than the other 48 groups which is great!

if the video does not show watch the video here

13. oscar6262

oscar6262 Kenkyuusei

their dresses look so shinning in this one!
    and i just love umechan and kopnomin part XDDDDDD they always make me laugh

14. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2015
  15. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

NMB48's 12th Single (3rd Week Sales)
    Week 3: 4,105 (384,937) (23rd)

16. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

NMB48's 12th Single (4th Week Sales)
    Week 4: 2,055 (386,992) (51st)

5th Week, Day 1 Sales: 7,657 (394,649) (2nd)

17. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

Something happened didnt it? Another shipment?

18. Hitokage

Hitokage Kenkyuusei

As I mentioned a page back:
    But I'm definitely going to retract the 450k sales. Both post-1st week and resales are doing worser than I thought.

19. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

NMB48's 12th Single (5th Week Sales)
    Week 5: 9,460 (396,452) (14th)

20. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    GARBAGE DAY!

NMB48 back on top of daily rankings once again, ahead of SKE48 and Nogizaka46! :D

2015-08-18 09_58_56-オリコンデイリー CDシングルランキング 2015年08月17日付 _ ORICON STYLE.png

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2015