1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single NMB48 14th [Amagami Hime] (2016/04/27)

Discussion in 'NMB48 News & Releases' started by sakurazaki, Mar 1, 2016.

1. convenience93

convenience93 Member

Oshimen:
    Jang Wonyoung
    To be honest what we have been going on about isn't even about the song. The lyrics is yeah kinda sad but as @garnetjester pointed out earlier, the song lyrics is pretty much just a love song, and probably wouldn't be considered as depressing, at least not as explicitly as the PV itself. But basically what was brought up before from me and @Slacker13 and @チームさや姉推し are actually elements of the PV and not the song itself. What I was just trying to say was that while the PV has many depressing elements from shoplifting street kids to drug overdose to themes of isolation and loneliness, it doesn't appear to end on that same note. The ending could be pretty open to interpretation, and it's up to perspective how it is seen, and we of course don't know what happens to the characters after that. But hey, at least they stopped running away. Lol.

But yeah otherwise, you pretty much got the main gist of it. Regardless of whether it's the PV theme or the song genre itself, everyone has different preferences. Personally for me, I actually prefer the happy, upbeat stuff too and it really does bring my spirits up haha but I appreciate the variety because happy idoly stuff can get repetitive after awhile, so diversity for me is good. But I understand there are going to be people on the other spectrum too who are only into idols for the peppy stuff haha.

Though what's up with the notion that I support people being depressed or depression itself?? It's quite the contrary. I'm a very optimistic person (or at least I try to be) and I am always looking for the good in everything. And so if that is considered simplistic, I am sorry. :p

Last edited: May 17, 2016
  2. Nagasaki

Nagasaki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    For me , amagami hime lyrics is good, I like the feelings in there , this lyrics have a deep meaning and yes.it's about love and this song describes the things that often happens in the world of romance
    each song has a different impression for each person
    Sometimes people will choose
    sad song even though he is sad
    In fact, the idol choose sad songs can describe if they not only understand the excitement , but also sadness

3. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

Well, NMB has it's own share of happy & cheery song with Durian Shounen and Rashikunai, to name a few.

However, I like to agree with Slacker13 in terms that depression song are becoming trend among 48G in recent weeks(Chicken LINE, Amagami Hime, Tsubasa wa Iranai. There's HKT with anomaly theme, though), it question us if "depression" are becoming flavor of the month today, lol.

I personally can wait happy theme songs returned in next single release. I already waiting bikini song for a year, I can wait for another year.

And it's idiotic to talk about personal life. I can talk about myself, but for what? Each life are on their own to experience.

ps: I still have trouble reading tl:dr post. Easily misinterpreted.

4. convenience93

convenience93 Member

Oshimen:
    Jang Wonyoung
    Maybe it's because 48G are depressed because the AKB fad is dying off and they're sinking into oblivion. Jkjk but well considering it's Aki-P who writes all their lyrics, maybe it's just his current state of mind hahahah.

Though jokes aside, Tsubasa wa Iranai isn't a depressing song, both lyrics and PV wise so what do you mean? O_O

And Chicken Line is depressing?? That's the first I've heard of it being so. Are you guys sure we all subscribe to the same definition of "depressing"?? Lolol.
    I mean I guess it must be kinda depressing that the person you like won't directly confess to you in person but sends you vague LINE messages instead, and leaving you forever confused. I suppose that could be depressing if that's what you mean? Cause that's what the song is about.

Last edited: May 17, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  5. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

That's my first impression. You are probably laughing if I say Kamonegix & Takane no Ringo is, in my sense, a depressing one and Virginity, isn't.
    Maybe that's just my current state of mind hehehe.

Chicken LINE is exactly what you mean. Hilarious, right?:lol:

edit: I still like all the songs mentioned above.:awesome:

Last edited: May 18, 2016
  6. sdn48oshi

sdn48oshi Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka
    I definitely see Chicken LINE as an empowering song, not a depressing one.

7. convenience93

convenience93 Member

Oshimen:
    Jang Wonyoung
    I don't mean this in a bad way or anything but your idea of depressing is really peculiar lol. I mean Kamonegix for example doesn't have that much meaning but I love it as it's a catchy song. And Takane no Ringo? I guess it's not a happy song per se, but I always listen to that to motivate myself since it's a very encouraging song. Your state of mind sure is interesting. Haha.

8. Sakuraism

Sakuraism Member Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    andilee1989
    This discussion is getting heated for no reason. @Slacker13 stated his/her opinion on the song, and he/she clearly doesn't like it. Okay, I think we can all respect that. Some people disagreed, and likes the song for what it is, again respectable. Although this whole thing bringing up your own life story blah blah is pretty stupid imo lol. Everyone goes through rough times. @EinhanderX pretty much summed that up. @momo if you have a problem with @Slacker13 , report him/her, bring it up to the mods. They will decide what actions to take, if it's even justifiable. Also, we DON'T need all these POINTLESS caps to HELP us READ your OPINIONS. Everyone can read fine without it lol.

9. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

@convenience93
    Haha, But I found personal opinion about the song being depressing or empowering for you, @sdn48oshi, or everyone else is interesting as well.
    Thanks for understanding my personal preference. I should do the same, lol.

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  10. satchan

satchan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kadowakikanako
    Twitter:
    tsurisaturday
    Really though, the Ferry video is fantastic.

11. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Okay, this thread has been cleaned up. Once again, what started as a fair debate on points of view degenerated into a battle of righteousness. Really, nobody cares.

One other thing. If another user is annoying you to the point that you do not want to interact with them, then simply stop interacting. It is ridiculous to make it a public declaration. In fact, that only serves to antagonize which renders your declaration completely inauthentic.

12. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    Yea, I loved the MV...it was my fav out of the B-sides (MV wise, I mean)~

13. Shinoda Mei

Shinoda Mei Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuokanatsumi
    Each sees it your way, I also really like Amagami Hime and I'm addicted to it, because it portrays difficult moments and that song makes me so emotional, as well as dance and lyrics of this song are beautiful, why to argue about the reality if the reality is in front of us?

14. MindOfALibra

MindOfALibra Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    I'm not an NMB fan but have been addicted to Amagami Hime for a while now. Amazing tune, lyrics, choreography, music video, everything! Could anyone please explain to me why its sale might be this low?? :confused::confused::confused:

15. Nagasaki

Nagasaki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Maybe because it released before ssk

16. RedBug

RedBug Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    And maybe it was the last release from 48/46 spring single batch..
    Fans were running out of money buying releases prior to Amagami Hime..

Btw, me too addicted to it until now. [hehe]