Single NMB48 16th [Boku Igai no Dareka] (2016/12/28)

Discussion in 'NMB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Oct 19, 2016.

1. Arbios

Arbios Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Miorin is missing :(

yay for Jo and i'm glad there are new girls in senbatsu
    but another Sayanee center

i was hoping for Mirurin or Riripon center

2. UrFavAsianGuy

UrFavAsianGuy Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    It was just a gimmick from the management to make the fans feel bad? "you want another center, fill out the arena. if not, sayanee is your center again". It was a guilt trip.

3. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    I think they're hurting themselves more than they are hurting the fans... ;;;;;;;;;

4. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    Good chance we might not see her again in senbatsu unless she somehow gets into media-spotlight u know. She had her time (she was in a lot of senbatsu's honestly).

It's not even a guilt trip cause most fans like Sayaka anyways lol. Like she's a great center choice regardless of gimmick or not, but yea silly end results. I'm hoping first single of 2017 will have Miru as center or maybe Fuu+Miru/Nagi+Shuu (I'm cool with Ririka/Yuuri tho lol).

5. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    The concert that everyone thinks is the Sayaka-less concert that people online made a fuss about is actually the Thursday concert and it had Sayaka in it. The Friday concert was an awesome concert where they did a lot of shuffling around (no center for all singles so it was a free for all who got to be center!) did a thing where they split the young members with the "old" members and did 6 solo songs for the next-gen 6. I get really upset when people slag on that concert since it was great.

6. KiaRaXeL

KiaRaXeL Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Twitter:
    kiara_axel
    Wow this single will be out on 28 Dec?
    I wish there will be christmas song since akb hasn't released any christmas song for a long time (i forgot which single that contain christmas song the last time)
    I'm happy with the line-up and yes i agree there's need a push for a newcomers.
    But i think there's no consistency,after riripon solo center in durian shounen there's no another riripon center x.x
    I think they should keep that push maybe pairing riripon with yuuri, so her popularity will keep increasing.
    Maybe next single they would make ayaka the center ;)

MY ONLY COMPLAIN IS WHERE IS MIORIN :asdfgh:

7. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    Miorin has sold really bad for NMB ever since the kennin. That she was in senbatsu this long is a miracle unto itself. NMB does experimental senbatsu additions like Momoka, Konomin, etc but they are very consistent with their qualifications for senbatsu and that is handshake/merchandise sales.

8. KiaRaXeL

KiaRaXeL Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Twitter:
    kiara_axel
    ^oh i see i wonder why she is sold really bad tho..
    she seems a funny,energetic, and nice girl for me..
    maybe she used to always force her lemon chara? so people kinda bored or feel annoying of that?
    Hmm but now she has changed to a mature girl and i hope people and mgmnt give her a second chance.
    But i think it's true another nmb girls who sold better deserve to taste the senbatsu too..

9. Dee

Dee Kenkyuusei

Sayanee's center is not a gimmick to punish wotas for not filling out the concert. wotas can't split themselves in half.
    the fans want NMB to fill out the arenas as much as management; it's not something fans can control
    in fact it's management who controls this because if management was so worried about filling the arena they would make other girls center to attract new fans instead of more Sayanee fans when she's so close to graduation

management is just milking Sayanee for what she's worth because her days are numbered and her graduation announcement is expected sometime this coming year
    after that management will experiment with centers all they want

anyways I'm soooooo happy for all the new senbatsu members <3 <3 <3 <3
    and yeah I'm also upset about Miorin but her HS sales are getting better
    then again even before her HS sales got better she sold out more than some senbatsu girls
    Not to mention even though she ranked 81 in sousenkyou she's 12 in NMB48

10. Pheebs

Pheebs Upcoming Girls

I really love Sayanee, but I think it's time to see new centers, or some other old ones.

I wish for a Mirurun or Fuuchan center, or another FuuMiru-center since I loved Rashikunai.

That Aayan push though.

11. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    Speaking of Lemon, who sold better (HS and merch)?? Lemon or Saepii?? (I still don't get why Saepi's still senbatsu. She seems to be just like Keira in her senbatsu days but yet Keira got kicked out but Saepii's here to stay fml)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. x_AozoraKataomoi_x

x_AozoraKataomoi_x Member

Oshimen:
    takeisara
    Twitter:
    X2783
    Saepii is better at handshakes, but Lemon has public recognition to back her up.

13. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    Saepii has 3 slots (and sells out maybe half of them). Lemon has 1 slot and barely sells those out. They are not the least bit comparable other than Lemon having some mainstream exposure.

I'd also like to know who among the Boku wa Inai senbatsu sold less than Lemon.

14. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Speaking of HS Sales. HS Events were announced for this single.

Handshake Events (All in 2017)
    February 11th and 12th (ATC Hall)
    February 25th and 26th (ATC Hall)
    March 18th and March 19th (Pacifico Yokohama)
    April 8th (Makuhari Messe)

http://spn2.nmb48.com/news/index.php?id=1

15. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    Well Lemon got promoted to 2 slots and Chihhi is still 1 slot and Sayaka+ is 0.6 slot so there you go.

16. joooooooooe

joooooooooe Member Retired Staff

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    Since no one asked for my opinion, I'm gonna give it anyway.

---

When they announced the lineup starting with Azusa, all I could think was that this is such a huge change. No Milky. Kei snuck in, but I've been thinking of all the graduations that happened this year and it just feels like a different group for me.

The center position is Sayaka's. Honestly, from the start I wish they didn't futz around with the center and kept it with Sayaka the entire time of NMB's run. She's clearly top in the group and represents it well. When you gave the center position to other people (especially because there's no fan-chosen center like the election) it felt cheapened. You could put anyone in there now, big deal. Obviously, for fans of other girls, they'd love to see their favorite center the main single, but I don't think that's the right way to go about it.

What should be happening is giving girls their own songs. The theater used to be used for that, but new stages are not gonna happen any time soon, it seems. Then we had cool stuff like Teppoutai and you can see how those songs really impact the fanbase. Fuyu Shogun is clearly Fuuchan's song, Nagisa has her Hadashi song, etc. And every time they play with this, it resonates well with fans. Look at Niji no Tsukurikata as the latest one.

Instead we get Team songs, songs that don't seem to carry any ownership for any of the girls unless there are really specific circumstances like Almond Croissant for Ori-B2 and Souzou no Shijin for the last generation of Kenkyuusei.

That's where I feel you can really develop the performance ability of the girls, by giving them their own songs and having them seize a performing identity there, not just putting them in the center of the lead single just because.

Then, when it's time for Sayaka to go, you now have several girls who have legit experience leading their own song. Ain't that great?

• Like Like x 1
  17. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

I think its better if they stick with Sayanee all the way or gave her the Sasshi position aka hidden center, #2 or #3 and only centers in special occasion (Sasshi centers the next single which is a tie in). Let the 6 young aces rotates in the center. This also goes to Jurina too.

• Like Like x 1
  18. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    That's the opposite of what Joe meant though. I mean, no one is kidding themselves that Sayaka is not gonna be the focal point of attention no matter where she stands. In that case, why not make her center? Setting someone else as center doesn't really bring the girl up. It just cheapens the center position.

19. VincentS

VincentS Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shitaomiu
    I don't know about that, I associate Durian Shonen only with Ririka. That center position really put Ririka on the map in the 48 universe.
    Same goes for Hana in Saiko ka yo.

So if for example Yuuri centers the next single (fingers crossed) I doubt people would see that as lowering standards.

20. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    You make a good point. I could see it "making" a girl but IMO basically if you treat the center position as a way to push a girl instead of as a way of saying this girl is the biggest star here, then you fall into the trap of always having to rotate the center before it gets stale and the fans tune out.